May 17, 2024, 07:37:09 AM

Author Topic: Robinho Thread  (Read 62256 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Robinho sold to.........Man City
« Reply #300 on: September 02, 2008, 09:54:36 AM »
BTW the new Man City owner is reported as being TEN TIMES AS RICH as Abramovich.....I'm just waiting for the comments when Man City buys the premiership title in a couple years.

I waitin to see how much "I was always a Man City fan from back in de day" posters go crawl out de woodwork too...

Right Omar?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 02, 2008, 10:25:24 AM »
quite frankly i dont mind the Robinho buy for Man City. it will give the other top 4 clubs another team to be concerned about. and as far as him adapting to the riggers of the EPL, you guys need to watch some games of Robinho before he got to Spain and was playing in a rougher league than the EPL, BRAZIL!!! blade passing like rain, and all this youth was doing was making men look like boys with his skill, touch and flair!! i aint too worried bout he handling he business in England. :beermug: :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 02, 2008, 10:52:49 AM »
quite frankly i dont mind the Robinho buy for Man City. it will give the other top 4 clubs another team to be concerned about. and as far as him adapting to the riggers of the EPL, you guys need to watch some games of Robinho before he got to Spain and was playing in a rougher league than the EPL, BRAZIL!!! blade passing like rain, and all this youth was doing was making men look like boys with his skill, touch and flair!! i aint too worried bout he handling he business in England. :beermug: :beermug:

Is not de blade dat does cause many South American ballas not to succeed in British Football.

Is a combination a de cold & de helicopter football played at 100 mph dat does cause dat.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 02, 2008, 11:06:37 AM »
People carryin on here like if de players decide whey dem goin.

Allyuh REALLY tink Robinho chose Man City over Chelsea?

SERIOUS?  ::)

u serious? who say he chose Man City over Chelsea. The two facts are that Real Madrid ultimately only considered the Man City bid, and Robinho decided better to go Man City than stay in Madrid. But he sure didn't have to go Man City.

No club can sell a player against his wishes, but no player can force a club to listen to offers. Do your research and see how many players cause good deals to fall through cuz dey say dey eh budging. For the king, look up a man called Winston Bogarde who was at Chelsea. So is a two way street once the player under contract, but the player eh going where he doh want to go
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 11:10:05 AM by Filho »

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 02, 2008, 11:32:19 AM »
I want to see how high dem transfer fees and player salaries will keep going. These outrageous fees will eventually make these leagues more and more like the scottish league.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 02, 2008, 11:38:04 AM »
For the king, look up a man called Winston Bogarde who was at Chelsea. So is a two way street once the player under contract, but the player eh going where he doh want to go

You brighter dan dat.  No way Real Madrid or any other club was goin to pay de kinda wages dem does pay Robinho to sit on bench or play in reserves fuh any protracted length a time.

De Sheringham's and de Bogarde's of dis world dey could do dat to because dey could AFFORD to prove dat point, even doh it costin dem money because is CHUMP CHANGE by comparison to Robinho money.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 02, 2008, 02:12:34 PM »
Denilson 2!

doh goatmouth de man nah :rotfl:

GO FOR THE MONEY SON!!!

voce e ginga pura!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:19:44 PM by Pointman »
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 02, 2008, 02:51:56 PM »
I actually think this is a good thing.
More good teams = better league.

If everyone only moved between the top teams, there would be no reason to watch anyone else (The Scottish league has already achieved this 'distinction')

Regardless of his motives, Robinho is in Man City now. The thing that keeps supporters coming back is hope, if they win any trophies he'll be a hero forever.

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 02, 2008, 03:31:01 PM »
BTW the new Man City owner is reported as being TEN TIMES AS RICH as Abramovich.....I'm just waiting for the comments when Man City buys the premiership title in a couple years.

I waitin to see how much "I was always a Man City fan from back in de day" posters go crawl out de woodwork too...

Right Omar?  ;D

lol... that is ah low blow.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 02, 2008, 04:44:19 PM »
From http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7593936.stm

The estimated wealth of the Al Nahyan family is an almost unimaginable $1 trillion (a thousand billion dollars) or more than £560bn.  :o

That is what yuh call tall paper!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 02, 2008, 05:16:40 PM »

The estimated wealth of the Al Nahyan family is an almost unimaginable $1 trillion (a thousand billion dollars) or more than £560bn.  :o

Waaay.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 02, 2008, 05:17:23 PM »
shit  :o. them could buy anybody they want without sweating. next year transfer season go be good lol.

Abramovich aint ready  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 02, 2008, 05:25:25 PM »
I sorry I born the wrong time.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #313 on: September 02, 2008, 07:07:05 PM »

Is not de blade dat does cause many South American ballas not to succeed in British Football.

Is a combination a de cold & de helicopter football played at 100 mph dat does cause dat.

The notion of SA footballers not succeeding in Britain is overplayed. Bad players do not do well, but these players wouldn't succeed in Italy or Spain either.

If you look at the quality, big name players who have gone to Britain they have generally been successful.

Players like Juninho, Asprilla, Ardiles, Villa, Robledo did very well and are legends at the clubs they played for. Veron is a high profile exception but even he wasn't that bad and was affected more by team tactics than a failure to adapt.

Robinho will be a huge success.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 03, 2008, 09:48:03 AM »

DAMN........them could really tell people " i could spend your life in a day"

Boss man say 200million is nothing to me, we just spend 60billion for development d other day.........they making Roman and chelski look small dread.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 03, 2008, 11:22:42 AM »
de messiah reach!

http://digg.com/soccer/Manchester_City_FC_Robinho_Presentation_Interview_Jerseys

Yuh right.  De messiah saves.  But de only saving Robinho go be doing is in he bank account.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 03, 2008, 11:24:35 AM »
allyuh eh know that manchester en route to west london in a roundabout kinda way.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 03, 2008, 03:40:58 PM »
Real 'rejected' crazy City bid for Ruud

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8518514/Real-'rejected'-crazy-City-bid-for-Ruud

Real Madrid is reported to have turned down a "blank check" from Manchester City for former United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy.

The Blues eventually shelled out £32.5million for Real's Brazil striker Robinho following Monday's shock takeover by the Abu Dhabi United Group.

But before sealing that deal, Spanish daily Marca claims Real chose to reject an even more staggering offer for another Bernabeu superstar - Dutch striker van Nistelrooy.

The paper claims when City were told van Nistelrooy was not for sale, they came back with a huge bid that was rejected.

Then, in a final attempt to land the ex-Old Trafford star, they reportedly offered Madrid a blank check and told them to name their price for van Nistelrooy. But once again, Madrid refused.

It is the latest bizarre rumor to come out of Monday's deadline-day frenzy, which was kicked off by that City takeover.

As well as landing Robinho, the Blues also tabled a British-record transfer bid for Dimitar Berbatov and were also linked with the likes of David Villa and Mario Gomez.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 03, 2008, 03:55:04 PM »
and proof that he'll be a superstar at Man City....

Pele advises counselling for Robinho

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8521130/Pele-advises-counselling-for-Robinho

Brazilian football legend Pele has expressed his disappointment in Robinho, saying he "needs counselling", after the young striker signed for Manchester City on a lucrative contract.

Pele stated that Chelsea, who was originally going to be Robinho's new club, should be happy the 24-year-old went elsewhere.

Pele said: "Chelsea are lucky. This boy needs some serious counselling. In my view he has been badly advised."

Robinho's move from Real Madrid to City has not been well received by his fellow Brazilians.

Both Pele and Robinho started their careers at Santos in Brazil.

The president of Santos, Marcelo Teixera said: "This is one of the most disgraceful episodes in Brazilian football.

"He is a player who is an idol to children, an example. But he has not acted like one."

And Santos general manager, Jose Fernandos, added: "We are ashamed at having produced such a player."

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 03, 2008, 03:57:56 PM »
Real 'rejected' crazy City bid for Ruud

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8518514/Real-'rejected'-crazy-City-bid-for-Ruud

Real Madrid is reported to have turned down a "blank check" from Manchester City for former United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy.

The Blues eventually shelled out £32.5million for Real's Brazil striker Robinho following Monday's shock takeover by the Abu Dhabi United Group.

But before sealing that deal, Spanish daily Marca claims Real chose to reject an even more staggering offer for another Bernabeu superstar - Dutch striker van Nistelrooy.

The paper claims when City were told van Nistelrooy was not for sale, they came back with a huge bid that was rejected.

Then, in a final attempt to land the ex-Old Trafford star, they reportedly offered Madrid a blank check and told them to name their price for van Nistelrooy. But once again, Madrid refused.

It is the latest bizarre rumor to come out of Monday's deadline-day frenzy, which was kicked off by that City takeover.

As well as landing Robinho, the Blues also tabled a British-record transfer bid for Dimitar Berbatov and were also linked with the likes of David Villa and Mario Gomez.

Indication Ruud isn't worth the paper his name is written on? hahahaha Yep, I'm not a fan.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 03, 2008, 04:54:53 PM »
Lol dem men say robinho must be mad to sign for City yes.
At least he didn't go to Qatar.

giggsy11

« Reply #322 on: September 03, 2008, 05:11:07 PM »
Apparently he became so desperate to leave he broke down crying tuh Calderon cause he was afraid of backlash from fans, teamates and media! So he take whatever came his way plus ah nice raise! Dem good yes

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 03, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8521130/Pele-advises-counselling-for-Robinho

Brazilian football legend Pele has expressed his disappointment in Robinho, saying he "needs counselling", after the young striker signed for Manchester City on a lucrative contract.

Pele stated that Chelsea, who was originally going to be Robinho's new club, should be happy the 24-year-old went elsewhere.

Pele said: "Chelsea are lucky. This boy needs some serious counselling. In my view he has been badly advised."

Robinho's move from Real Madrid to City has not been well received by his fellow Brazilians.

The president of Santos, Marcelo Teixera said: "This is one of the most disgraceful episodes in Brazilian football.

"He is a player who is an idol to children, an example. But he has not acted like one."

And Santos general manager, Jose Fernandos, added: "We are ashamed at having produced such a player."

pele go badtalk he own countryman in public like this

he lost all respect from me. kakahole
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 04, 2008, 05:45:27 AM »

pele go badtalk he own countryman in public like this

he lost all respect from me. kakahole

Dahis de Brazilian way ... it's not Pele specific

Offline d-hawkeye

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Robinho makes Man City move gaffe
« Reply #325 on: September 04, 2008, 08:58:57 AM »

Robinho makes Man City move gaffe

Robinho had to be reminded he had joined Man City and not Chelsea

Robinho's career at Manchester City has not got off to the smoothest start following his switch from Real Madrid.

The Brazilian stunned football by making a £32.5m move to Eastlands and not, as expected, to Londoners Chelsea.

However, it appears the 24-year-old's deadline day move has still to sink in.

"On the last day, Chelsea made me a great proposal and I accepted it," he said, to which a reporter replied: "You mean Manchester right?". "Yeah, Manchester, sorry!" answered Robinho.

Robinho's transfer overshadowed news of the other big-money deal on Monday, that of Dimitar Berbatov's £31m switch from Tottenham to rivals Manchester United.

However, it was later reported that the deal - funded by new City owners Abu Dhabi United Group - was concluded without Robinho, 24, taking a medical or even fully understanding the personal terms of his contract.

Still, the Brazilian could barely hide his relief at having forced a move away from Real, even though only 24 hours previous to the move he spoke openly of his "desperation" to join Chelsea.

And he said he hoped his reputation will not be tarnished by the manner in which he left La Liga champions.

"Unfortunately this kind of thing happens," he said. "Of course I don't want to fight and I don't like to be criticised in the press, with people saying I'm not a professional and that I don't follow what my contract says.

"I want to do what is written in my contract until it lasts! I don't want to be criticised and have my image damaged. Unfortunately this thing happened twice (with me), so be it!"

Real president Ramon Calderon had insisted he had no choice but to let Robinho leave the club, saying: "When he talked about his situation he cried and asked to leave Spain."

But Robinho hit back, saying: "I didn't cry. I just told him that I would like to leave. Since he was desperate because he didn't hire anyone, he pretended not to listen me.

"At the end, he made things even worse for me to leave, but I didn't cry. I only told him the truth, that was, if the club didn't want me to stay there, then I didn't want to stay at Real either. I wanted him to let me go, through the front door, without any fight."

Pele, the most famous Brazilian footballer, criticised Robinho's decision to join City, but the 24-year-old said defended his decision.

"Look, I accept Pele's criticism. He is the king of football. But, maybe, if he were in my shoes, he would have done the same thing," added Robinho.

"I think that only someone who suffered as I suffered in Real Madrid may have something to say on this. People from outside, judging (this situation) is easy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7597822.stm

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 05, 2008, 03:37:40 PM »
P.S. Look Lula jes piss off Dunga and company by saying Messi is the best player in de world and that de Brazilian players should take a page outta ARG book ...

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Ronaldo Still Eyes Robinho Link-Up At City
« Reply #327 on: October 10, 2008, 07:33:38 AM »
Brazil legend Ronaldo has not given up on the idea of linking up with compatriot Robinho at Manchester City.
Ronaldo is still eyeing a possible future partnership with Robinho at Manchester City - though he admits his priority is to regain full fitness.

Ronaldo, who was named Fifa World Player of the Year three times, is set to take part in Monday's full training session with Flamengo after recovering from a career-threatening knee injury ahead of schedule.

He suffered the injury in February when playing for AC Milan, but is now a free agent after being released by the Rossoneri, so could join another club on a free transfer.

One of the clubs said to be interested in the former Cruzeiro, PSV Eindhoven, Barcelona, Internazionale, Real Madrid and Milan star are Paris St Germain.

"Paris is a city that I love and they have a great project to win the league title," Ronaldo told Gazzetta dello Sport in an interview. But he added: "However, at [Manchester] City I have Robinho, who is a great friend of mine. But we will see, in the past few days we have spoken.

"For the time being, my only aim is to return to playing, the rest will follow."

Ronaldo, 32, also has an option to stay with Flamengo, and stressed: "There's a great bond between Flamengo and me. It's the team I love.

"It's true that they would want me to stay. But this will remain a great dream because at this time I have no intention of making a decision."

He is hoping he is over his injury problems and can now focus on playing. “I am training hard and I am really looking forward to playing again," he said.

"I've started to train with the ball and practising with some team-mates.

"I don't have much strength in my muscles yet but the knee doesn't give me any pain, which is the most important thing.

"One thing is clear, if I didn't have a profound love for football, I would not be here making all these sacrifices."

The possibility of linking up with Robinho, though, may have to remain a dream, as Manchester City are thought to have gone off the idea of signing Ronaldo since Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan acquired the English Premier League club.

Mark Hinton, Goal.com

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo Still Eyes Robinho Link-Up At City
« Reply #328 on: October 10, 2008, 09:21:27 AM »
I don't rate Robinho as I used to ... too weak, too inconsistent and he whines too much

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo Still Eyes Robinho Link-Up At City
« Reply #329 on: October 10, 2008, 09:23:36 AM »
Doh know why the man doh just stay quiet and play with Flamengo and get a rennaiassance like Adriano, before he start to talk about big moves to clubs that doh want him.

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>