May 17, 2024, 12:15:47 PM

Author Topic: At the half, Jamaica 2-0 El Salvador  (Read 6741 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: At the half, Jamaica 2-0 El Salvador
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2007, 09:21:19 AM »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2007, 10:47:00 AM »
That's just to show u where we at to jamaica there in a better space than us and now that simones is back world cup for sure fo ja
bajanscout

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2007, 12:18:12 PM »
Jamiaca needs to work on their stadium pitch,

It have these big professional men looking like they cannot trap ball bubbing all over the place.

Overall jamaica did not show anything

poor first touch and no connectivity in the passing.

very few chances created for the possesion they had.

but at least their players dedicated enough to come back and start off the 2010 campaign

What we doing?

Not one ass

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2007, 12:51:17 PM »

It have these big professional men looking like they cannot trap ball bubbing all over the place.

but at least their players dedicated enough to come back and start off the 2010 campaign

What we doing?

Not one ass

game was scrappy for the most part, but you could understand with a new coach, and some of the players not playing for the national team in well over a year + a very deplorable playing surface...

I was expecting more from El Salvador, especially seeing that they are coming off a 2-2 tie with CRC in San Jose...I believe the Reggaeboyz will play a better game when they face Guatemala...who is brining a strong squad (the one that beat Mexico n their last game). Lets see how this one goes.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2007, 06:16:36 PM »
But while everybody playing friendlies and getting ready,  what in the name of "gsjnkjb" is our TT team doing?  Then they go expect to just practise for two weeks and make it through the WC qualifying.  Here we go again.  We never learn!

That is why our football has not progressed as far as it should have. One thing wit dem men from yard, dey doh make joke. Simoes already back at the helm and it seems to be paying dividends already. Once the bunch ah jokers dat runnin' T&T football stop the skylarkin' and ole' talk and organize some friendlies against quality opposition, then, only then, will our football start to go in the right direction.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2007, 08:38:22 PM »
An outrageous goal from Rudolph Austin ..I'd say about 35-40 yards out..then another quick one from Gardener....Els Salvador not looking too bad though.

Ah know all yuh moving forward wid de new generation eh, but in my opinion, Onandi Lowe(correct meh if ah wrong) is de best striker all yuh had and tuh me he is still de best striker fuh Jamaica. Through meh yard men connection, ah had de honour of meeting him a while back, ah real nice guy doh, but tuh no secret he like he bad man, screw face thing and ah believe he does dat at de wrong time and place, and dat probably was his downfall. I have de same bad man, screw face behavior like him 2, so ah condemn him fuh being like dat, but there is ah time and place fuh dat de bad man thing. As ah Trinbagonian, ah would honestly say dat from de Caribbean or may be CONCACAF, ah was expecting him tuh be right behind Yorke, as far as success in de game. I know he had de tools tuh play in de EPL, but unfortunately, tools are not al dat is required fuh success. He was and still is one of the most feared player strikers in CONCACAF. Ah breddrin on meh job said dat he playing decent ball fuh ah club back in yard, so ah expecting him tuh get fit and impress de coach. At least I hope so. HIGHLY BLESSED.

The door is not closed on Lowe or anyone else for that matter. Goodison is on his way to Jamaica as I type this for the Guatemala game on Wednesday...he is 34 years old going on 35. The fact of the matter is that Lowe(32 years old) might be more of a risk than anything else...based on his character.  But dont be surprised if he is called up to the training squad for games next year. Lets see what Simoes do when he gets here.

Respect meh bredddah, Supa appreciate de reply meh boss  :beermug:.

On ah different note, ah doh know yuh age, yuh like and dislike, but ah will still tell yuh dat yuh local bois, dey are in town tonight, and dey have de place buzzing, south beach in ah mess wid people. Bounty Killer, Movado, Flex, Sizzler, Spragga Benz, Matterhorn and ah few others. De reason ah mentioned dat is because yuh reggae music really taking over de world slowly, so it is something tuh feel proud of as ah Jamaican. At least I wud be very proud when our soca music and artists reach. Ah still hope and pray dat our (T&T) soca music and artists will get global some day doh, de music is out there, but we eh reach yet.

Machel Montano is world class, but we still have plenty grounds tuh cover, as far as spreading and promoting de soca music tuh de world. However, wid dat said, seeing de size of meh lil island, we doing alright doh, ah just felt we should have been ah lil furhter wid spreading de music. I brought dis subject up, because I'm very passionate about meh country and de entire Caribbean and de people, ah just love tuh see dem go out dey, represent and make dat money. Especially de people dat grew up in de ghetto wid nothing, is just something ah does admire and feel really good, tuh see dem make dat money and take care ah dey parents and de rest ah dey family :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 09:07:16 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2007, 04:51:19 AM »

What we doing?

Not one ass

game was scrappy for the most part, but you could understand with a new coach, and some of the players not playing for the national team in well over a year + a very deplorable playing surface...

I was expecting more from El Salvador, especially seeing that they are coming off a 2-2 tie with CRC in San Jose...I believe the Reggaeboyz will play a better game when they face Guatemala...who is brining a strong squad (the one that beat Mexico n their last game). Lets see how this one goes.

What ja need to do is practise to cheer better.

Everytime they score a goal (which is a rare event), they make the most weird sound...Like a big loud "Booooo!!!!"

I know it comes from "Goooooaaall !" that they shout, but it doesnt sound right at the time of celebrating a goal.

I rememebr the time in 2001 for the WCQ between T&T and Ja in Kingston, the announcer say if the people who were perched up on the stadium floodlights (yes they climbed up the metal infrastructire after they storm the main stadium wall) didnt come down, the game wouldnt start...man, if u see thousands of bottles start to launch like scud missiles up on them poor souls...

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2007, 08:03:40 AM »

Everytime they score a goal (which is a rare event), they make the most weird sound...Like a big loud "Booooo!!!!"

I know it comes from "Goooooaaall !" that they shout, but it doesnt sound right at the time of celebrating a goal.

I rememebr the time in 2001 for the WCQ between T&T and Ja in Kingston, the announcer say if the people who were perched up on the stadium floodlights (yes they climbed up the metal infrastructire after they storm the main stadium wall) didnt come down, the game wouldnt start...man, if u see thousands of bottles start to launch like scud missiles up on them poor souls...

How does the averag esupporter in T&T celebrate a goal? yes, I know for us the natural reaction is for everuyone to simultaneously shout GOAAAAAL!...but I dont think i've herad it done that way by other supporters. I agree with you that our supporters need to be more active during game play. we only seem to come alive when there is a shot on goal or activity around the opponents penalty area.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2007, 08:06:50 AM »

How does the averag esupporter in T&T celebrate a goal? yes, I know for us the natural reaction is for everuyone to simultaneously shout GOAAAAAL!...but I dont think i've herad it done that way by other supporters. I agree with you that our supporters need to be more active during game play. we only seem to come alive when there is a shot on goal or activity around the opponents penalty area.

this is how we celebrate a goal

Patra
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2007, 01:29:49 PM »

What we doing?

Not one ass

LOL I remember one friendly match i went to in 2004( I think it was against Nigeria) and the ref made a horrible call. Bottles were flying on the pitch. One police officer on the Bicycle track was controlling each plastic bottle with his chest, knee and foot like he was a footballer. The crowd saw that and they all toss their bottles at once. The bunch of bottles were coming down like rain on him, dude run behind the light post. The bleachers erupted with laughter. I wish I had my camera phone back then.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2007, 07:56:49 PM »
Next Best Player that's gpoing to come out of the Caribbean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph03LWTdM-0

Rudi Austin. Player who scored the first goal. Be afraid Trinidad. Be verrry Afraid.
Smoke and Fly

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2007, 08:01:40 PM »
Next Best Player that's gpoing to come out of the Caribbean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph03LWTdM-0
Rudi Austin. Player who scored the first goal. Be afraid Trinidad. Be verrry Afraid.
Kenwyne Jones is my retort ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>