May 10, 2024, 04:11:08 PM

Author Topic: Preparing for the Bradley's boys  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
Preparing for the Bradley's boys
« on: July 15, 2008, 06:16:01 AM »
I know that we are supposed to be playing El Salvador- who are similar in style to Guatemala and we have played Cuba in the Digicel so our young squad have an idea of what they can expect from Castro's Army, but what about Bradley's boys/Sam's Army?

With all of Lincoln, Alvin, and Anton's US College experience, should they consider inviting one of the top US college teams (one with a similar US-coached style of play) for a couple friendlies?

Maybe even an A-league team...(I am aware that they are in the midst of their season?)

This might be a stretch but the US Men's Olympic team is in it's final stages of preparatin for Beijing - they might be looking for a game, Lincoln was an ODP coach in the US, he might have a few strings he could pull?

Would this be a beneficial option?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 06:31:41 AM by nigelfabien »

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
Re: Preparing for the Bradley's boys
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 07:56:13 AM »
With the strides that the US national team has made in the last few years, it’s hard for me to believe that a top college or A League team would prepare us for our qualifier against them.

I agree with your concern though. But like you, I wonder what team would be good to play. Perhaps the US plays a European style and we should be looking for friendlies against European opposition ???
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 08:06:19 AM by dwn »

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 08:29:18 AM »
dwn, you mention Europe but again which European side plays similar to the US? The more you assess it maybe the Dutch to a lesser extent but I would lean more to the Scots (I might be wrong).

Since the Scottish Clubs and all of Europe are in their pre-season they may well consider playing our boys? Dundee, Falkirk, or even the "Old Firm".

Regardless, some Yankee-preparation is required.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 09:56:34 AM »
Nigel Fabian

What about Canada? I think they could be a good test.

But I suspect we will do one of the usual.....write off both games as a loss or....use the away game as the practice match, hoping to concede as few goals as possible and hope to catch them 0-0 at home.

You must never play to lose, but it is also prudent to look at the big picture.

Handling Guatemala and Cuba will ensure passage to the next round and I think all parties will concentrate their efforts on these two teams.

We have only beaten them in POS for the NOV 19th the return...and drew in 89 away and 0-0 in another campaign in POS when they already qualified and we were already out of the competition. Dwarika and ROugier coulda win that game for us!

But anyway....the US is our daddy when it comes to football. It go hurt plenty people on this board but doh feel shame.

Right now we ent ready for them, even with the six new players. A 2-0 loss is very respectable.

If we make the hex...in a few months time with Kenwyne back and the team with all them games under their belt a 1-0 at home and a 0-0 away could happen.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 09:57:34 AM »
If the TTFF were proper planners they would have been playing an MLS team during the ALL-STAR break.....

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 10:41:11 AM »
Touches, you make a good point with Canada, they would be a good prep-game fo the US and even if we travel to Canada, the game will be well attended especially in TO.

Our semi-final group might as well have been a group-of-death for we because except for Cuba we have big mountains to over come. Even one false move in Havana next month and we go be starting off with we goose-done-cook.

Somehow we always raise our game against USA, is like a derby even though they seem to win more games b/w us, they are always close results.

With that in mind, Pacos should not consider those two US games as lost causes, in fact we need every point we could get so a conservative-defensive system against the Yanks might be to our benefit when we travel to Chicago and even the Guats in Guatemala.

We may only be able to play all out attacking football in Cuba and in T&T(or where ever Jack decide to play them home games).

Who knows what we dentist thinking; wid he is like "pulling teeth"....pun intended.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 11:13:59 AM »
This is where the England game could have added some real value...

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 11:37:18 AM »
USA drawing with Argentina these days and you want us play a college team :o

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 12:02:03 PM »
Arrow:
"USA drawing with Argentina these days and you want us play a college team"

Good point Arrow, so who do you suggest we play..... Argentina? ::)

We does done cyar even get Honduras and Venezuela to commit......Read the whole post in its entirety before yuh start to comment nah....
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 12:06:21 PM by nigelfabien »

1]; } ?>