May 12, 2024, 12:50:04 PM

Author Topic: Honour of hosting the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.  (Read 32636 times)

truetrini

Re: Fifa boss Sepp Blatter sparks Qatar gay controversy
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2010, 11:31:25 PM »
So does that mean trinity crossdresser and his byoi fren partner have tuh stay in separate rooms in qatar??  :devil: :devil:

yuh like to be funny, If I going places like Qatar is fly over only and leaving bombs in deh muslim c**t!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2010, 04:14:41 AM »
So does that mean trinity crossdresser and his byoi fren partner have tuh stay in separate rooms in qatar??  :devil: :devil:

yuh like to be funny, If I going places like Qatar is fly over only and leaving bombs in deh muslim c**t!
Like that one hit ah serious nerve? talk about disgraceful under fire.    :heehee: :devil: :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2010, 05:39:39 AM »
This is all BBC trying to spark things up to make Blatter look bad.

I saw the press conference..........everything was going smoothly until a reporter asked about gays in Qatar and the whole room started to laugh.  Then Blatter started to smile (obviously because the whole room was laughing) and he answered "I'd say they should refrain from any sexual activities."

I am sorry, but i doh find he say anything wrong.  If in my country i have a right to smoke weed, then in another country where it is illegal, i should refrain from it.  Simple as that!!

After he made his comment, he then went on to state that the game of football is beyond race, culture and sexual preference etc and that no one is discriminated against on the football field.

Again i say, this is all the english media f**king around.  They going to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Qatar have the world cup in 2022.  Gay sex is illegal in Qatar.  Solution: Dont practice gay sex in Qatar!!!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2010, 08:40:37 AM »
Blatter says football is tolerent of homosexuality. Homosexuality is broadly accepted globally. Its a basic human right.

Gay sex is illegal in Qatar.  Solution: Dont have the World Cup in Qatar!!!!

Qatar want the world cup in 2022.  Then they should step into the 21st century. In 11 years time there will openly gay footballers. World Cups should not be awarded to countries with opressive laws and cultures.
Perhaps thats one of bid criteria FIFA should take more seriously instead of how many petrodollars are available?
With ref to British press: Love 'em or hate 'em, they are very vengeful towards FIFA and will continue to attack FIFA right up to 2022.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2010, 12:28:31 PM »
Sepp is a caveman in a suit known for saying silly things...The guy is laughable at best...

Being offended by him is like taking offense to a homeless mad man telling you to f*ck offf

Horse dat does still offend yuh. Stop acting like it doesn't
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2010, 12:58:16 PM »

Horse dat does still offend yuh. Stop acting like it doesn't

lol

send me a PM with yuh vibes for de Christmas nuh....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Honour of hosting the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.
« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2010, 04:44:12 PM »
If the gay community really want to make a statement, then they should not only skip Qatar, skip Russia and Brazil.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2010, 05:01:59 PM »
Blatter says football is tolerent of homosexuality. Homosexuality is broadly accepted globally. Its a basic human right.

Qatar want the world cup in 2022.  Then they should step into the 21st century. In 11 years time there will openly gay footballers. World Cups should not be awarded to countries with opressive laws and cultures.
Perhaps thats one of bid criteria FIFA should take more seriously instead of how many petrodollars are available?
With ref to British press: Love 'em or hate 'em, they are very vengeful towards FIFA and will continue to attack FIFA right up to 2022.

Boy shut yuh arse.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2010, 05:02:54 PM »
If the gay community really want to make a statement, then they should not only skip Qatar, skip Russia and Brazil.

lol
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2010, 05:23:12 PM »

Yuh talkin outa timin horse! all this talk about oppressive countries is cock talk invented by the west tuh fool ppl who don't read and are media fed.

for yrs the west have been doin business with these same so called  "oppressive countries" and makin trillions in the process, so it's ah wonder why all of ah sudden they became oppressive?

as for qatar , it's one of the most western, tolerant and modernized of all the gulf states. all this cock talk about fags being discriminated against in these countries is western propaganda. it have fags in saudi arabia havin gay parties and all that, if yuh don't believe me then ask "trinity cross"  :heehee: 

seriously though, it have plenty ah dem tings goin on in these places behind closed doors, and actually , that's where they the ppl of the gulf states wants to keep it, as ah matter of fact, if it was up to the leaders in the muslim world  they would be just as lenient as the westerners , or even more indulgent for that matter, but BC of the militants and hardliners, they tend to go along with the laws for fear of reprisal and up rising.

man does be talkin like if the west is all dat better, uptil now on the law books in some of these so called "tolerant western countries" homosexuality is still against the law, but they fail to enforce these laws, uptil now most of these exclusive and seperitist laws are still on the law books unamended!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2010, 05:25:59 PM »

Boy shut yuh arse.
The real hater reach, watch out! :devil: just kiddin family, go easy on meh eh girl fren.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2010, 06:21:46 PM »
not commenting on that nah  ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl:

These two might be in trouble in Qatar  :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2010, 11:36:41 AM »
FIFA hypocrisy knows no bounds... now they talking about moving the 2022 World Cup from June-July.

Blatter now says that FIFA would look to change the dates of the quadrennial championship to winter to avoid the blistering desert heat in Qatar.

“FIFA’s job is to have a World Cup that protects the players so we take note of the recommendations and go through the list of requirements,” Blatter said Thursday on a visit to Qatar. “We will look into this and make the right decision.”

The 2010 World Cup in South Africa was played in June and July, as usual, when it was winter in the Southern Hemisphere. And the experience in South Africa, and FIFA’s evangelical expansion to a new continent, was reportedly a top motivating factor to take the World Cup to “new lands” in 2018 (Russia) and 2022. FIFA officials said that the flexibility on scheduling would allow an even wider list of candidates to host future World Cups.

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/16/after-vote-fifa-increasingly-flexible-on-2022-requirements/?ref=sports

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2010, 03:26:30 PM »

Isnt homosexuality illegal in TnT? Did anyone raise concerns about the Cricket World Cup?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2010, 05:30:51 PM »

Isnt homosexuality illegal in TnT? Did anyone raise concerns about the Cricket World Cup?

It illegal like d Litter Act apples and oranges.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2010, 11:47:46 PM »

really? u figure dey have no gay Arabs?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2010, 08:13:08 PM »

really? u figure dey have no gay Arabs?

Of course it have gay Arabs but they enforce their laws we do not. So d fact dat homosexual illegal in TNT is like d litter act we doh inforce we laws. So is  a real concern for people y FIFA would reward such a country d WC? We know is 2 get money for Jack 2 pay my 13 heroes.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Consultant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
A trini's view in Qatar about the 2022 successful bid
« Reply #138 on: December 21, 2010, 12:39:15 AM »
I am looking forward to seeing the worldcup here in Qatar (if I am still here by 2022). I think the move was very much political orientated to try and bridge culture and religious divides. (Although the real reason could have been money driven).

In terms of 'major' sporting activities, Qatar held the asian games, had Brazil vs Argentina last month (which I saw), and have the Asian Football cup in Jan. Not to mention all the international tennis tournaments.

I think that Qatar had every right to win, they are rapidly developing and trying to show the world that they can hold tournaments successfully. How they deal with the alcohol and "other" issues though will be interesting - as in general - change / esp. cultural change doesn't go down too well here.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
World Cup Hosting Farce
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2011, 04:30:26 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9297416.stm

Sepp Blatter expects January switch for 2022 World Cup

Fifa president Sepp Blatter expects the 2022 World Cup in Qatar to be held in January because of the country's intensely hot summers.

The tournament is traditionally held in June and July but temperatures in Qatar at that time of year can top 40C.

Speaking in the Qatari capital Doha, Blatter said: "I expect it [the 2022 World Cup] will be held in winter.

"It is 11 years away but we must decide the most adequate period, which means January or the end of the year."

Blatter, who is in Doha for the start of the Asian Cup, added: "Although we have the basic conditions of their bid for a June and July World Cup, the Fifa executive committee is entitled to change anything that was in the bid.

"When you play football you have to protect the main people - the players."

Fifa general secretary Jerome Valcke also supports the prospect of the 2022 World Cup being rescheduled.

Speaking in December, he said: "Why not? It means you open the World Cup to countries where they can never play it in June and July because it's never the right period of time.

Blatter backs winter World Cup in 2022

"If you can do so, it would be a solution to open the organisation of the World Cup to a number of countries in this period which is winter in Europe but not winter in the rest of the world."

He added: "You can't just make a decision to move the tournament and that is it.

"It means you have to change completely when the leagues will play, mainly I would say in Europe. It's less difficult in the rest of the world."

Qatar beat Australia, Japan, South Korea and the United States to host the tournament in the vote by Fifa's executive committee on 2 December in Zurich.

Initially, former German World Cup-winning captain and coach Franz Beckenbauer had aired his worries about the health risk of the heat to players if the World Cup was staged during the Gulf nation's summer.

Uefa president Michel Platini also recently suggested the idea of moving the 2022 World Cup to December or January.

Meanwhile, Blatter also revealed in December that several nations in the Middle East were interested in hosting games during the 2022 World Cup and that he had met with officials in Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait during a tour of the region.

However, he did not elaborate on which of Qatar's neighbours wanted to host the games, or how many could be hosted, but he pointed out that such a decision would have to come first from Qatar and then from Fifa's 24-man executive committee.

"This demand has to come from the Qatar football organisation by saying we would like to have such and such things and this has to go back to Fifa and the Fifa executive committee has to say open it or don't open it," he said.

"I can say all these countries are very happy. First of all, the World Cup is going to the Middle East and they are interested - I would say a little bit more than interested - to be part of this competition.

"It is a wish. It is easy to say but it is not so easy to realise. For the time being, it's too early."

So OK you put the tournament up for bid with conditions and judge it on its merits, then when you make the decision you change everything to suit your decision.  This was never going to go anywhere else and you can just wonder why.  More questions than answers and usual FIFA arrogance. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2011, 12:04:52 PM »
GR8 A new year wit a WC.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2011, 12:22:03 PM »

lol

I think that is a really good idea but ah bet you the gay community would not be interested in making that statement!!

In fact an even better idea, why don’t they hold their own gay World Cup and in retaliation say that Quatar and other countries where gay sex is illegal are not welcomed to participate!!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Michel Platini suggests Qatar share World Cup with other countries
« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2011, 01:34:58 PM »
Michel Platini suggests Qatar share World Cup with other countries
By Martyn Ziegler, PA
Wednesday, 12 January 2011

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/michel-platini-suggests-qatar-share-world-cup-with-other-countries-2182835.html

UEFA president Michel Platini has called for the 2022 World Cup to be played across the whole of the Arabian Gulf rather than just in Qatar.

His call is likely to fuel the controversy sparked by FIFA president Sepp Blatter saying he expected the tournament to be played in the winter - neither proposal was suggested during last year's World Cup bidding.

Platini has also labelled English football administration as "strange" but denied that resentment at Britain's special status within FIFA led to England's humiliating 2018 World Cup defeat.

He told reporters at UEFA's headquarters: "I hope it will be a World Cup of the Gulf. It could be the World Cup of Qatar but played in the Gulf.

"I think we need political people (for this to happen), but I think so."

Asked why such drastic changes could be considered when they were never mentioned during the bidding campaign, Platini added: "Who will remember the words in 12 years? In 12 years everybody will be happy to have a very well-organised World Cup and not remember what's happened before.

"When I organised the World Cup in France we did (things) differently from what we proposed in the bid."

The UEFA president said England should work with FIFA instead of continuing to complain about their 2018 World Cup bid defeat. He also referred to the appointment of Football Association chairman-elect David Bernstein as being strange in that he was chosen by a small group rather than in an election.

Platini said: "In England you are different, in every way you are different. The way you elect a president (sic) of the FA is very strange.

"It's asking three people to recommend one, it's strange.

"It's your world and you decide what you want to do. For me I don't have to interfere but I can say it's strange.

"I think FIFA and UEFA needs big countries and England definitely is a big country.

"England needs to be with UEFA and UEFA needs England. We are in the same way for football. We have to be together.

"It is not because the FIFA members don't vote for (England) that they don't like (England)."

He also dismissed suggestions that England were unfairly dealt with in their 2018 bid.

"When the 2012 Olympics did not come to Paris, did everyone say that the IOC was corrupted?" he added.

"Blatter said that fair play was an English thing but you have not been so 'fair play'.

"It is not because people don't vote for England that it's the end of the world.

"The bid was very good, fantastic, but FIFA decided they had to go to the east instead of Spain or England. Belgium-Netherlands was a good bid too."

Platini said he would continue to defend the British FIFA vice-presidency and the four home nations being the only associations represented on the International FA Board, the game's law-making body, along with FIFA.

"I think it's tradition and it's good like that," he added.

Platini did not speak about playing the 2022 World Cup in January but raised the prospect of a major change to the football calendar.

He added: "When I came in 1998 as advisor to Sepp Blatter I worked on the international calendar and my proposal to Blatter was to play from February to December.

"FIFA was close to accepting that, then Italy and Spain said no because they wanted to play in winter. Finish.

"It is necessary to think what could be the future. I don't say to play in winter or not to play in winter but to think about what could be the calendar in the future."
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

giggsy11

« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2011, 07:15:27 PM »
So much will change by 2022 that half of these issues may no longer be a factor. Hopefully this forum will still be alive and kicking.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2011, 01:16:10 PM »
Euro leagues thrown down FIFA gauntlet
February 11, 2011
Soccer.com

The European Leagues have flexed their muscles towards Sepp Blatter and told FIFA in no uncertain terms that there will be no interference with the international fixture calendar, there will be no winter World Cup in 2022 or any other time, and they will not be dictated to on the size of national leagues.

In a declaration of resistance to FIFA, the Association of European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL) have declared that, while they are prepared to work with FIFA, "they will not tolerate any decision being taken regarding the international match calendar without their previous consultation and agreement and will oppose any interference on matter of their exclusive competence such as the size of national leagues."

Emanuel Macedo de Medeiros, the chief executive of the EPFL, told ESPNsoccernet before Friday's meeting that it will "definitively be hot".

On the agenda of the EPFL will be the "international coordinated match calendar and other FIFA matters", and the meeting will back up the claims of de Medeiros that the leagues would now stamp their mark on the global and European game.

In addition, all the European leagues are united in the UK case of matches broadcast from abroad being shown in pubs, calling it a "Bosman of TV" which could have grave financial consequences for the game. There is also a decision to protect all the leagues in Europe against betting companies using fixtures and other "intellectual properties" without paying for them in an industry valued at 17 million euros a year.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Artificial clouds could help cool 2022 Qatar World Cup
« Reply #145 on: March 25, 2011, 11:28:14 AM »
Source BBC Sport

Artificial clouds could help cool 2022 Qatar World Cup

Click to play

Scientists suggest 'cloud' to combat Qatar heat

Scientists at Qatar University claim to have developed artificial clouds to provide shade for stadia and training grounds at the 2022 World Cup.

The fierce summer heat in the Gulf has led to concerns about conditions for players and fans at the tournament.

Temperatures in June and July can reach up to 50C.

Qatar were announced as hosts in December, and Fifa president Sepp Blatter initially said he expected the 2022 competition to be moved to winter.

But Blatter has since stated that he feels the tournament will go ahead as planned in the summer months.

Qatar plan to air condition their World Cup stadia via solar power, and now scientists have designed the 'clouds', which can be produced at a cost of $500,000 (about £310,000) each.

Saud Abdul Ghani, head of the mechanical and industrial engineering department at the university, said the 'clouds' are made from a lightweight carbon structure, and carry a giant envelope of material containing helium gas.

Four solar-powered engines move the structure via remote control.

Qatari president of the Asian Football Confederation Mohammed Bin Hammam, who will stand against Blatter for the Fifa presidency in June, has said his country is "well equipped to challenge the summer heat".

But global players' football union FIFPro backed a switch to winter, saying the Gulf country "does not provide suitable conditions for a festival of football such as the World Cup".

Qatar beat Australia, Japan, South Korea and the United States to host the tournament in the vote held by Fifa's executive committee on 2 December 2010 in Zurich.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Artificial clouds could help cool 2022 Qatar World Cup
« Reply #146 on: March 25, 2011, 12:13:51 PM »
thats an amazing invention, qatar has the capital to do this and make the conditions right for fans

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 25, 2011, 12:23:15 PM »
This is fantastic. Just shows how FIFA are helping to change the world. Lets hope the 2026 WC can happen in Ethiopia, then scientists can help to relieve famine and drought so we can watch football. Hey, and 2030 could be in the antarctic and we can prevent the polar ice from melting.

Alternatively, we could put the f*****g wc in a country thats suited to football and use the billions being wasted to actually help people who are starving and destitute.

Shocking waste of money.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #148 on: March 25, 2011, 12:29:44 PM »
This is fantastic. Just shows how FIFA are helping to change the world. Lets hope the 2026 WC can happen in Ethiopia, then scientists can help to relieve famine and drought so we can watch football. Hey, and 2030 could be in the antarctic and we can prevent the polar ice from melting.

Alternatively, we could put the f*****g wc in a country thats suited to football and use the billions being wasted to actually help people who are starving and destitute.

Shocking waste of money.
Spot on  ! Bad decision in the first place. Just give to a country that will have a decent climate in June.

giggsy11

« Reply #149 on: March 25, 2011, 12:46:34 PM »

Shocking waste of money.

For you it may be a waste of money but for them it is worth spending the money.

1]; } ?>