May 13, 2024, 05:33:05 AM

Author Topic: All 2010 pre-world cup friendlies.  (Read 26509 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: SH dem colleck 5 from Argie?
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2010, 01:55:16 PM »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Holland vs Mexico
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2010, 01:55:56 PM »
every four years is the same story with Mexico..dey does beat up the average teams around the world, but when world cup season come dey cannot find themselves against BIG teams like England and Holland..
Well it was Dos Santos and Vela who mash up against England, so if they now come on and it making a difference, then Mexico might be the real deal this rounds.

Holland is a big side with van Persie rested and rrearing to go and Schneider in the form of his life.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: France vs Costa Rica
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2010, 01:57:15 PM »
honestly who are France young global superstars?...I know they have good young players but who is the next Zidane or Henry ??..when I think of French stars my mind is still stuck on Henry, Viera, Anelka and them older heads (who are no longer in their prime)..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2010, 01:58:50 PM »
Good lord... what clinical finishing by Van Persie.  Good to see him fit and recovered from his injury.

Is there something in the Dutch National Charter that says they have to wear the most God-awful uniforms?

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »
honestly who are France young global superstars?...I know they have good young players but who is the next Zidane or Henry ??..when I think of French stars my mind is still stuck on Henry, Viera, Anelka and them older heads (who are no longer in their prime)..

You are quite spot on with that statement though i think they are trying to play more collectively. Oh Btw what are you thoughts on Ribery

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2010, 02:00:02 PM »
when dey playin Venezuela ?

Saturday

alright lets see what happens..I really hope he can impove dat Candian team over the next few years...after all he from south Trini so improving talent would come natural

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2010, 02:00:23 PM »

It should have been Nasri and probably Ben Arfa, but Domenech's prophetess eh agree with that.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2010, 02:01:50 PM »

You are quite spot on with that statement though i think they are trying to play more collectively. Oh Btw what are you thoughts on Ribery

I see Ribery as another very good player (although he has nasty tactics on the field)...in my opinion he is definitley not another Zidane or Henry that France needs..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: USA vs Czech Republic
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2010, 02:03:47 PM »
US team was a reserve squad...difficult to draw any conclusions...

People have been using that excuse but personally, I'm not buying it.  Unless I'm mistaken, the only starting defender who was missing was the much overrated Carlos Bocanegra.  Okay I'll also give you Demerit and Spector... but Demerit in particular was always going to be a question mark.  He's a good Championship defender but his eye problems have had him on the mend for some time and at this point there's no real indication that he'd be an upgrade at RB.

Also absent were Donovan, Altidore, Clark and Howard.  To be fair, Howard may have prevented two of the goals, but better finishing by the Czechs and they could have scored more.  Dempsey was out as well, and I could see him and Jozy making a difference with Donovan up front... but the US' problems last night wasn't the offense, unless they plan on trying to outscore all their opponents.

EDIT: Final roster after cuts

GOALKEEPERS Tim Howard, Brad Guzan, Marcus Hahnemann.

DEFENDERS Carlos Bocanegra, Oguchi Onyewu, Jay DeMerit, Jonathan Spector, Jonathan Bornstein, Cherundolo, Clarence Goodson.

MIDFIELDERS Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Stuart Holden, Michael Bradley, Ricardo Clark, Maurice Edu, Benny Feilhaber, Beasley and Jose Francisco Torres.

FORWARDS Jozy Altidore, Buddle, Gomez and Findley.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:40:41 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2010, 02:18:13 PM »
real pressure on CR goal.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2010, 02:21:53 PM »
Goucruff is one to watch, Benzema could also be a superstar is handled right...

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2010, 02:24:59 PM »
Whoa.

Maradona's men run riot

What did you expect?

Argentina could have had any number, it was not a contest whatsoever. The fifth goal summed it up...Maradona sent on Aguero for a corbeaux sweat, d man jog on d field, collect d ball, dribble past half de Canadian team and scored within a minute of coming on.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2010, 02:34:40 PM »
america have a serious problem at left back.  That will not be overcome in time for the world cup. they have had this problem for the last 2 years.

Bocrenega will have to play in the middle to help that position which leaves the leaft side open.

Aaron will poision them in the first game.

Good thing Becks injured because if he was playing it would be more licks.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2010, 02:38:15 PM »

People have been using that excuse but personally, I'm not buying it.  Unless I'm mistaken, the only starting defender who was missing was the much overrated Carlos Bocanegra.  Also absent were Donovan, Altidore and Howard.  To be fair, Howard may have prevented two of the goals, but better finishing by the Czechs and they could have scored more.

right but I imagine that an addition to the the midfield and attack would improve the overall team performance, even the defensive performance...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2010, 02:41:47 PM »
2 Fra- Crc1. Some short frenchie scored.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2010, 02:47:09 PM »

People have been using that excuse but personally, I'm not buying it.  Unless I'm mistaken, the only starting defender who was missing was the much overrated Carlos Bocanegra.  Also absent were Donovan, Altidore and Howard.  To be fair, Howard may have prevented two of the goals, but better finishing by the Czechs and they could have scored more.

right but I imagine that an addition to the the midfield and attack would improve the overall team performance, even the defensive performance...

I went back and edited... Clark and Dempsey may have helped the defense I suppose.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2010, 03:09:42 PM »
France got outplayed.. and dont have anyone to take corners LOL.. I love Estrada, not enough playing time and Centeno is class, always liked him alot to. CRC problem is they dont have anyone but Hernandez up front to count on.

France real real lucky to win this game.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2010, 03:14:06 PM »
Screw the uniforms the women fans were AMAZING@!!!! Them camera men should of keep the damm camera on the chicks in the stands dancing ALL GAME LONG <3 Love Holland. My side for 2010 apart from USA and.. hmm maybe... Argentina MILITOOOOOOO in dey rass!!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2010, 03:20:55 PM »
how come Trini can't get constant warm up matches like these....... :(

Warm up for what? The Shell Cup?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2010, 04:04:19 PM »
how come Trini can't get constant warm up matches like these....... :(

Warm up for what? The Shell Cup?

Why not. Better than nothing.

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2010, 04:18:02 PM »
France got outplayed.. and dont have anyone to take corners LOL.. I love Estrada, not enough playing time and Centeno is class, always liked him alot to. CRC problem is they dont have anyone but Hernandez up front to count on.

France real real lucky to win this game.

I think they know that they were very fortunate to have won.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: All 2010 pre-world cup friendlies.
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2010, 06:54:36 PM »
It seems Robbie Findley is on the US roster for South Africa,i'm glad for him might be the on Trini to play in this WC. 

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2010, 07:08:05 PM »
Uruguay vs Zambia 3-0 final

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2010, 04:38:20 AM »
Goucruff is one to watch, Benzema could also be a superstar is handled right...

this world cup supposed to be guorcuff's opportunity to shine as he has been touted as zidane's successor in midfield for france. . . he never really got to play too many games at ac milan but at bordeaux he has been a main start in getting them as far as they did in the ucl .. .i mean . . de man capable of things like this .. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FD7s3z2Bmwk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FD7s3z2Bmwk</a>

« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 04:40:16 AM by onlikecorn »
allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
belarus vs honduras (on now if anyone interested)
« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2010, 11:02:10 AM »
honduras leading 1 - 0

link
http://www.justin.tv/riky4hd

« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:52:11 AM by onlikecorn »
allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
Re: belarus vs honduras (on now if anyone interested)
« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2010, 11:50:09 AM »
jeez. . what happened  .. sorry folks. . . when i put that link up it was working. . although not in english . . changed the link .. . it works now. . .

once again . . .terribly sorry about that  . ..  belarus leading 2 - 1 by the way

« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:52:46 AM by onlikecorn »

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2010, 12:08:18 PM »
2 - 2 honduras fighting it

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2010, 12:30:44 PM »
2 - 2 final score

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
USA vs Turkey
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2010, 12:23:41 PM »
Anyone watching this game? Turkey making the US look like a college team. The midfield and defense all over the place. Tuncay shredding them in the hole.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>