May 15, 2024, 12:47:23 AM

Author Topic: See what we missing?  (Read 10666 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: See what we missing?
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 08:50:59 AM »
"I AM NOT UNDER THE SAME CONSTRAINTS AS YOU ARE WHEN YOU VOTE,I VOTE IN ENGLAND AND RACE DONT COME INTO IT.I didn't live in TT long enough to inherit those constraints which is etched in your psyche.I hope you understand me better now."  :applause:

Even with those "missing" players does anyone here believe we could have done better? We failed on ALL levels to build on the 2006.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010, 09:04:40 AM »
I confused. Is this sarcasm or are you genuinely being an idiot ?

Royalian let d man talk nah.....I interested in new ideas.....

I for one am still perplexed why dem fellas choose to come out just before d election take place...

In any case I feel dem more blacklisted now after that scenario.

apparently you are also interesting in listening to blatant stupidity.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2010, 09:25:50 AM »
Bake n shark,you can carry on chuckeling all day and night but arbitration is to settle an argument its not a legal remedy and JW or anybody in the situation is not legally obliged to act on the outcome of the arbitration result.Dont get carried away with any shyte yuh hearing ,AWRITE MATE.

You say that "arbitration is to SETTLE an argument" but if the parties are free to ignore this settlement (if as you argue there is no legal obligation to adhere to it) then how is the issue settled?  Again, simple common sense woulda prevent yuh from tying yuhself into knots dey.

And yes, arbitration is not a legal remedy, arbitration is a tool, an alternative to a judicial resolution.  A legal remedy is something that litigants go to court seeking, in attempt to be made whole for the wrongs committed by the person they are suing.  No one goes to court seeking arbitration, so at least yuh kinda stumbled into being right, even if yuh didn't know anything about it.

Bake n Shark I must say I really enjoyed seeing you take this idiot apart, regardless of how easy he made it (although he has a fair amount of stuff including nice oman which is quite remarkable for someone on that level of stupidity perhaps he inherited alot of doe) and im fairly proud that my site has an abundance of supporters who dont take shit for sugar, especially after being involved on the ground during election season i really had my eyes opened to that fact that this beautiful country we live in is full of some of the worst forms of uneducated and worse, educated ignorance.

The numbers and figures are public, the man stole a heap ah money that he didnt sprint, fling himself, buss shot, tackle, fall, rise, sweat, blood, tears to get.

Your team gets you to de world cup no administration does it alone, nor should they be considered heros for facilitating (perhaps acknowledged and thanked) it is your team first and foremost, and now they are villains for asking for what is rightfully theres even before they were promised it, what they earned with their feet.

I was there in Germany I saw how many Germans were wearin socawarrior t shirts, how many of anyone were, we all saw how they were greeted in Austria we are the smallest nation to ever qualify there was a magic coupled with our journey and qualification that made us a popular brand... that made us MONEY... lots of it.

Where did that money go?

You can say whatever you want about where the money is now, but I can tell you where it didnt go, and who was responsible
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 09:42:46 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FHlopjHepEw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FHlopjHepEw</a>
 :devil:

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2010, 02:15:49 PM »
injunchile,we are going to stay just where we are with Latapy,you have said in a nutshell what we need but we need a European to guide us.We can just about cut it in M.F and up front but our defence is laughable at times.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2010, 02:39:34 PM »
Good to see.......

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2010, 05:55:29 PM »
injunchile,we are going to stay just where we are with Latapy,you have said in a nutshell what we need but we need a European to guide us.We can just about cut it in M.F and up front but our defence is laughable at times.

I would not say we need a European to guide us. There is a time to try something which may work in our favor. First thing we need a change inTTFF. Meaning Warner and his yes men in the various zones neeed to be be removed. Or in addition to zones, have individual  registered clubs have a say in the running of the TTFF. When was the last time they had an election. For the past 20 yrs is camps and jack. Nobody else can run football in TT? When we change the entire leadership, then we will decide whether we want to bring it an Euro. or not. Not all of them have a magic wand. Beenie is an exception to the rule, though.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2010, 10:13:16 PM »

I would not say we need a European to guide us. There is a time to try something which may work in our favor. First thing we need a change inTTFF. Meaning Warner and his yes men in the various zones neeed to be be removed. Or in addition to zones, have individual  registered clubs have a say in the running of the TTFF. When was the last time they had an election. For the past 20 yrs is camps and jack. Nobody else can run football in TT? When we change the entire leadership, then we will decide whether we want to bring it an Euro. or not. Not all of them have a magic wand. Beenie is an exception to the rule, though.

Yeah boi KJ etal y all yuh just did not take d 5000TT I woulda get 2 go SA and visit Robben Island is all yuh fault.

Lets bookmark dis thread so in 2014 wen I eh reach Rio I weagerly await d reason y we eh reach.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2010, 03:02:47 AM »
DEEKS,if JW and Camps dictatorial style is responsible for our present situation why are we persisting with them,I seem to recall that over the last 30 years TT have been the most successful football team in the Caribbean,I suspect they are doing something right.We live in a democratic society and some of the biggest dictators have been removed from their high and mighty positions in the past,surely there are mechanisms to remove JW and Camps if they are responsible for keeping our football in the doldrums.I would have thought that strike action by our football fraternity can bring down both people  but there must be solidarity among,players,coaches,managers and every other person involved in our football.Didn't our f/ballers show solidarity to get the money they said JW was owing them,surely some sort of action should start now if JW and Camps are our problem,we cant have it both ways,we should act now before we are taken down that same road.Twenty years in power seems to be some kind of dictatorship,I suspect the majority like it that way,as the calypso say.You just cant keep complaining and not do something bout it,take the example of our greatest political party rule came to an end recently,start acting now before its to late.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2010, 01:08:13 PM »
DEEKS,if JW and Camps dictatorial style is responsible for our present situation why are we persisting with them,I seem to recall that over the last 30 years TT have been the most successful football team in the Caribbean,I suspect they are doing something right.We live in a democratic society and some of the biggest dictators have been removed from their high and mighty positions in the past,surely there are mechanisms to remove JW and Camps if they are responsible for keeping our football in the doldrums.I would have thought that strike action by our football fraternity can bring down both people  but there must be solidarity among,players,coaches,managers and every other person involved in our football.Didn't our f/ballers show solidarity to get the money they said JW was owing them,surely some sort of action should start now if JW and Camps are our problem,we cant have it both ways,we should act now before we are taken down that same road.Twenty years in power seems to be some kind of dictatorship,I suspect the majority like it that way,as the calypso say.You just cant keep complaining and not do something bout it,take the example of our greatest political party rule came to an end recently,start acting now before its to late.

steups....still going at it I see.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2010, 01:13:53 PM »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2010, 01:45:45 PM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2010, 02:45:26 PM »
Most Trinis are usually quite articulate and not prone to idiocy like I have seen on this MB.I thought a sensible response to my last post was in order but if some wants to show their stupidity fair enough,quite a few on this MB probably cannot spell their names so I am not surprised,apart from Bake n Shark and a few others  quite a lot show how stupid they are by rolling about on the floor with laughter.I would make a note on the ones who in my opinion are educated enough to respond to my post in an objective way even if they dont agree with me.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2010, 03:17:01 PM »
Most Trinis are usually quite articulate and not prone to idiocy like I have seen on this MB.I thought a sensible response to my last post was in order but if some wants to show their stupidity fair enough,quite a few on this MB probably cannot spell their names so I am not surprised,apart from Bake n Shark and a few others  quite a lot show how stupid they are by rolling about on the floor with laughter.I would make a note on the ones who in my opinion are educated enough to respond to my post in an objective way even if they dont agree with me.

read my thread on the board breds, you will see my response to the overall situation. the ttff is financed by jw and we havent seen any private investors step up to take the mantle, bc it is a risk, they will ask about the ROI and how that will be achieved, it will have to come from fans, tv rights, merchandising, fan enrollment and private sponsors to name a few.

however no one in tt from the private sector seems interested to bankroll the ttff, i havent seen anyone step forward to say we will invest in football, we will manage the football of the country and make it a viable business that supporters will get involved in. we have a huge population outside that would support if it is managed properly.

once someone comes up with a viable business plan and can take-over, then you may see a shift in power.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 03:18:40 PM by Controversial »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2010, 03:20:13 PM »

Frico,
         I have to admit to you changing the TTFF is easier said than done. The way that organization is set up, no outside entity or outsiders can take over that organizations. The regional accosiations are the ones who vote and they are all beholden to jack. If the clubs had the vote, yes they could be change. But it is not one club, one vote. The regional associations are the ones that vote. As long as jack sweeten their pockets they will not change. Hence, the fans don't go to games as before.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2010, 03:33:12 PM »

Frico,
         I have to admit to you changing the TTFF is easier said than done. The way that organization is set up, no outside entity or outsiders can take over that organizations. The regional accosiations are the ones who vote and they are all beholden to jack. If the clubs had the vote, yes they could be change. But it is not one club, one vote. The regional associations are the ones that vote. As long as jack sweeten their pockets they will not change. Hence, the fans don't go to games as before.

good talk, but there is need for a private investor to take over or at least come forward, before anything happens. its the man with the deepest pockets wins, regardless of who is getting paid off. i havent seen anyone who is willing to come forward and say i have a plan and the investors. plus if they had the investors and wanted it bad enough they would cut a deal with the regional associations, this also hasnt happened.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2010, 03:47:46 PM »

read my thread on the board breds, you will see my response to the overall situation. the ttff is financed by jw and we havent seen any private investors step up to take the mantle, bc it is a risk, they will ask about the ROI and how that will be achieved, it will have to come from fans, tv rights, merchandising, fan enrollment and private sponsors to name a few.

however no one in tt from the private sector seems interested to bankroll the ttff, i havent seen anyone step forward to say we will invest in football, we will manage the football of the country and make it a viable business that supporters will get involved in. we have a huge population outside that would support if it is managed properly.

once someone comes up with a viable business plan and can take-over, then you may see a shift in power.

Controversial,
                   If you can do all of what you have written, I will recommed you for the Trinity Crosss(Order of the Trinity) and a knighthood.

Just look at this, Jack has had total control of football for all them years. How come the business community has not stepped up to sponsor clubs or coaching programs in a big way. Everybody says he is a man does get things done and his position in FIFA good for TT. He has been there for over 25 yrs and our local football has been abysmal. Why fans don't go to the games. How come the East Indian community has not  been encouraged to participate in football. Is there something bad about football that they don't want to play. They are half the population.  All these years the TTFF cabal in control what have they done. They need to go!!!!!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2010, 06:42:10 PM »

Controversial,
                   If you can do all of what you have written, I will recommed you for the Trinity Crosss(Order of the Trinity) and a knighthood.

Just look at this, Jack has had total control of football for all them years. How come the business community has not stepped up to sponsor clubs or coaching programs in a big way. Everybody says he is a man does get things done and his position in FIFA good for TT. He has been there for over 25 yrs and our local football has been abysmal. Why fans don't go to the games. How come the East Indian community has not  been encouraged to participate in football. Is there something bad about football that they don't want to play. They are half the population.  All these years the TTFF cabal in control what have they done. They need to go!!!!!!

carib had limited sponsorship for the national cricket team, it wasnt any big funding to even talk about, let alone to pay a world class football head coach and management staff.  the private sponsors in tt have hung tt sport out to dry breds.

their lack of commitment and dedication to investing in sports has led our nation to many setbacks. sorry to say but the pnm did not help the situation either, i await to see what the unc will do and whether they will invest into sport heavily.

the indo-trini community in trinidad do play football, i know plenty of them myself, however many have told me stories of discrimination and alienation. not to mention that the pfl is not a viable income to survive on. many have told me that the cricket is much better organized in the country in terms of the national team and clubs, thats their opinions. they also stated that many of their families emphasized education over sport, in some cases even music over sport is preferred.

the football leagues need to be expanded to the rural indo communities, that is a community issue, that ttff would step in to assist. the community itself needs to take that step towards that. for example trendsetters from the east dry river has been functional for many years now without the ttff starting the ball rolling. i highly doubt there arent talented indo-trinis at home or abroad, they just are not being selected or have moved on to other things.

on another note, trinidad has enough talent in the afro-trini community to dominate concacaf but is it being harnessed, recognized and trained? i dont think so, it took a foreign coach to point out jones and jones wasnt the most talented.

this leads me to the last point, trinbagonians dont work together, they are too divided and it causes problems, with some more unity alot can be achieved, the private sector in tt is the richest in the region but they dont invest in the people. so when people wonder why jw has so much power is bc he is smart and invests in the football when no one else is stepping forward to take the risk.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2010, 06:44:58 PM »

Controversial,

if i had the money and the investors i would do it, but i would keep jw as advisor bc he is an asset to have when it comes to getting an agent for friendlies, getting coaches and tournaments, he is politically aligned and some people dont realize the power he holds on FIFA.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2010, 07:34:41 PM »

Controversial,

carib had limited sponsorship for the national cricket team, it wasnt any big funding to even talk about, let alone to pay a world class football head coach and management staff.  the private sponsors in tt have hung tt sport out to dry breds.

their lack of commitment and dedication to investing in sports has led our nation to many setbacks. sorry to say but the pnm did not help the situation either, i await to see what the unc will do and whether they will invest into sport heavily.

the indo-trini community in trinidad do play football, i know plenty of them myself, however many have told me stories of discrimination and alienation. not to mention that the pfl is not a viable income to survive on. many have told me that the cricket is much better organized in the country in terms of the national team and clubs, thats their opinions. they also stated that many of their families emphasized education over sport, in some cases even music over sport is preferred.

the football leagues need to be expanded to the rural indo communities, that is a community issue, that ttff would step in to assist. the community itself needs to take that step towards that. for example trendsetters from the east dry river has been functional for many years now without the ttff starting the ball rolling. i highly doubt there arent talented indo-trinis at home or abroad, they just are not being selected or have moved on to other things.

on another note, trinidad has enough talent in the afro-trini community to dominate concacaf but is it being harnessed, recognized and trained? i dont think so, it took a foreign coach to point out jones and jones wasnt the most talented.

this leads me to the last point, trinbagonians dont work together, they are too divided and it causes problems, with some more unity alot can be achieved, the private sector in tt is the richest in the region but they dont invest in the people. so when people wonder why jw has so much power is bc he is smart and invests in the football when no one else is stepping forward to take the risk.

Controversial,
                         I still cannot and will not accept that there are not talented Indo-Trini boys or girls who can't make it in football in TT. By not participating, our talent pool will be considerably lower. Then the talk about racism about Indian players. Look, they can form teams and play in the zonal leagues. There must be a daimond in the rough. And if you have talent, you cannot be overlooked. I ain't care what all yuh say. It has to start somewhere and sometime. The young ones must have a role model of himself.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2010, 07:46:50 PM »

Controversial,

Controversial,
                         I still cannot and will not accept that there are not talented Indo-Trini boys or girls who can't make it in football in TT. By not participating, our talent pool will be considerably lower. Then the talk about racism about Indian players. Look, they can form teams and play in the zonal leagues. There must be a daimond in the rough. And if you have talent, you cannot be overlooked. I ain't care what all yuh say. It has to start somewhere and sometime. The young ones must have a role model of himself.

alot of these indo footballers dont care about race until it rears it ugly head in team selection as pointed out to me. in fact many of their favorite players that they model after are black. there are but once again, as you can see with our just completed general election, race is still a factor in tt and it transitions to sport.

alot of people try to sweep that fact under the rug and i am in no way referring to you, i am speaking in general. imo i thinks its rubbish, a good player is a good player but home theres favoritism on top of other negatives to go along with it that stops progression.

i also believe its time for a change, thats why i started the other thread to brainstorm ideas and get an indept look at tt football, something alot of people have not bothered to discuss.

i understand your approach, but playing zonals is fine but making the national team and pfl is another thing. the money is already short as it is in local football, its a fight for resources. this is where the gov't and private sector comes into play, more resources to allow other groups to participate and spread the game.

in fact i believe if a plan is in place, it will make football the #1 sport in tt among both races, but i think we need to start forgetting indo and afro this and that and regard our nation as one people and go forward. we need to spread football and no matter your ethnic background you need to be picked for the national team.

a good example is the tt national cricket team, a diverse squad with alot of youth talent of all races. that is what tt football needs. but the right plan and investment must be in place

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2010, 08:55:07 PM »
Steups discrimination my ass..Every little thing now is racism and discrimination..Maybe the indo trinidadian section of the country is just not good enough or not interested enough...I went to school and played alongside some talented indo trinidadians, men with rell touch but when it was time to step up, most either dropped out or concentrated on education...Everything is not always racism, you know how many afro-trinidadians get overlooked...Steups

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2010, 10:44:46 PM »
This discrimination talk come back ?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2010, 05:19:59 AM »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2010, 10:39:32 AM »
Steups discrimination my ass..Every little thing now is racism and discrimination..Maybe the indo trinidadian section of the country is just not good enough or not interested enough...I went to school and played alongside some talented indo trinidadians, men with rell touch but when it was time to step up, most either dropped out or concentrated on education...Everything is not always racism, you know how many afro-trinidadians get overlooked...Steups

breddah yuh cussing the messenger lol :D i was relating stories told to me by individuals to deeks. personally there is alot of pursuing other careers and so forth, which makes up the majority as i agree with you but not too long ago some members of this board, automatically said that as soon as they see an indo trini take the field they assume hes a hound. so discrimination is alive and well still to go with other factors

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2010, 10:10:58 PM »
...not too long ago some members of this board, automatically said that as soon as they see an indo trini take the field they assume hes a hound. so discrimination is alive and well still to go with other factors

How does this prove that "discrimination is alive"?  Are these forumites you mention involved in the selection process on any footballing level?  Are they the ones repressing indo-Trinis?  I doubt anyone ever said discrimination is dead... but in order to link discrimination to the lack of Indo-Trinis in football one has to show not intermittent isolated occurrences, but something more systematic.  If not systematic, then the isolated occurrences must originate at some point high enough up the selection ladder as to filter qualified Indo-Trini candidates out the pipeline to the National team.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2010, 10:20:40 PM »
If the indo trinis want to get better ,thgey have to learn from the Afro trinis ,either way nobody going very far  :D . We need good coaches plain and simple .

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2010, 10:41:21 PM »
They have to come out and play. Plain and simple!!!!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2010, 09:58:13 AM »
They have to come out and play. Plain and simple!!!!!

i agree, i was just reiterating some info from what some indo footballers in trini told me. i agree with what you and bake and shark has said but hearing it from different people in different regions was surprising.

...not too long ago some members of this board, automatically said that as soon as they see an indo trini take the field they assume hes a hound. so discrimination is alive and well still to go with other factors

How does this prove that "discrimination is alive"?  Are these forumites you mention involved in the selection process on any footballing level?  Are they the ones repressing indo-Trinis?  I doubt anyone ever said discrimination is dead... but in order to link discrimination to the lack of Indo-Trinis in football one has to show not intermittent isolated occurrences, but something more systematic.  If not systematic, then the isolated occurrences must originate at some point high enough up the selection ladder as to filter qualified Indo-Trini candidates out the pipeline to the National team.

i believe that is an excellent analysis of it  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2010, 10:56:46 AM »
i believe that is an excellent analysis of it  :beermug:

I really would like to see it changed, and it must start with indo-Trini yutes being encouraged to play more football.  Active encouragement by coaches, family, friends etc... and "passive" encouragement by seeing more footballers of Indo-Trini... or just Indian descent, period.  Needless to say the lack of role models makes the problem self-fulfilling and unlikely to change on account of just that one factor.  We therefore need to do more to actively encourage the yutes.

For me the issue has personal resonance... I had a pardna in school who wasn't anything special, but the man was nice on de field, pace, touch, vision.  All without one ounce ah formalized instruction.  By Form Four the man flamed out both on the field and off it, as his mother died and he started drinking.  I'm not trying to suggest that his experience is typical among other would be Indo-Trini footballers, but the same problem that other yutes, Afro- and Indo-Trini... when you dealing with the (relatively) low numbers of Indo-Trinis participating in the sport to begin with, those problems make it that much more difficult for Indo-Trinis to break into the national footballing spotlight.

1]; } ?>