May 10, 2024, 11:48:36 PM

Author Topic: Uriah Bentick selected by Philadelphia Union in MLS Supplemental Draft  (Read 2828 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
At No. 17 the Union selected another defender, 6′ 2″ Uriah Bentick from Liberty University. Bentick, 23-years-old, was part of a backline which allowed only 0.95 goals per game in 2012 and helped record a Big South-leading nine shutouts. Bentick is also a Trinidad & Tobago youth international.

http://www.phillysoccerpage.net/2013/01/22/union-add-defensive-depth-in-supplemental-draft/
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Uriah Bentick selected by Philadelphia Union in MLS Supplemental Draft
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 03:12:31 PM »
Philly love Trinis! Deserving. Congrats, boss.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 04:20:25 PM »
Maybe it because Damani Richards has a groin injury will be out indefinitely. Uriah Bentick would make a suitable backup/replacement at leftback?

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 04:22:48 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 04:37:23 PM »
I guess its over for leston paul
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 04:59:19 PM »
I guess its over for leston paul

...and De Silva. Now on to other avenues....

Congrats Uriah! Well deserved...make the best of the opportunity!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 05:01:03 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »
Uriah, congratulations man. Coach Hackworth clearly has a lot of faith in your ability to be an outstanding left back. Yeah, Damani is hurt right now but remember you are not there to replace him. In fact, Gabe Farfan is the starting left back. He’s without a doubt one of the best left backs in terms of just soccer ability. He might not be a true left back, but the way that the Union plays and their style, they want their left back to be an attacking player and Gabe is very good at that, learn from him, learn from coach Hackworth, you are going to get your opportunity to play the position, when you do Uriah, grab that opportunity with both hands and give it 110%, and everything will fall into place. God Bless.

P.S. I have you on my list of players that should be looked at for the TT senior team. Prove everyone right.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 05:52:13 AM »
Bentick's faith pays off as defender heads to the MLS.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Former national youth team defender Uriah Bentick became the third Trinidad and Tobago player to join American MLS club Philadelphia Union when he was 17th pick during the first round of Supplemental Draft on Tuesday.

He was among five players selected by the Union in the Draft held via conference call between all 19 Major League Soccer coaches. He became the eighth Liberty player to join the MLS in nine years.

Bentick, a  23-year-old standout with Liberty University for which he played 62 matches and won several accolades, will join another ex-T&T under 20 defender Damani Richards who signed a one-year contract with the Union last week.

Senior national midfielder Keon Daniel has already completed two seasons with the Union. Bentick said he was humbled by the news that Union selected him.

“To be honest I feel very humbled, happy and blessed because I have been praying for this since the age of sixteen,” said Bentick who played for T&T at the Under 17 and Under 20 level.

“I believe that is was all Jesus Christ’s faithfulness and grace. My family, coaches, friends and teammates all had a significant contribution to this as well.

Read More

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 06:23:49 AM »
Nice! Congrats Uriah "The Buzz" Bentick  :applause:

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 10:39:13 PM »
Monday, February 4th, 2013.

Philadelphia Union, departed this afternoon for the mild temperatures and lush green fields of the Dewey O. Boster Sports Complex in Deltona, Fla. where the club will spend the next 20 days in preparation for March 2 First Kick.

Only 26 days and a few hours remain until the Union kicks off against Sporting Kansas City.

Today 34 players boarded a flight to the Sunshine State. Following Saturday’s final practice at the NovaCare Complex, the technical staff made cuts and released six players.

Goalkeepers Diego Restrepo and Tunde Obungiyi, defenders Mark Linnville and Uriah Bentick and midfielders Charles Renken and Nicolas Medina were all left off the Florida manifest. Of the supplemental draft picks, only defender Eric Schoenle and midfielder Leo Fernandes made the cut.

It's all good, Uriah. Keep your head up and keep it moving. You'll land on a team somewhere.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bentick is now with Wilmington Hammerheads. He made his debut tonight.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 07:49:01 PM »
Excellent ... somewhat. Handle yuh stories, doh.

1]; } ?>