May 14, 2024, 08:10:38 AM

Author Topic: Town man have more skills but country man tougher?  (Read 2815 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Town man have more skills but country man tougher?
« on: November 12, 2008, 11:20:02 AM »
I was having a discussion with one of my pardna at work and he say over de years he realise that;

Town man have more skills but country man tougher?

And a good balance of this is needed for success.

Who here agree with this ?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 06:30:31 AM by Tallman »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: Who here agree with this ?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 11:45:13 AM »
was reading an article on baseball this gone week.
It highlights the progress of two Indian tweens who seem to have some extraordinary talent from a non-baseball country. These two are pitchers, who throw in the hi 80s, low 90s. The funny thing is that they've only been pitching for a few months now, and only started getting serious instruction within the last two.

They came from remote areas of India for a competition to audition for the major league scouts and the chance to be signed amongst 30k other entries. Both kids have raw power - the country man toughness, if you like.
Both kids also have poor control - essentially lacking the town man skills. 

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 11:46:37 AM »
I was having a discussion with one of my pardna at work and he say over de years he realise that;

Town man have more skills but country man tougher ?

ah eh go say no...

but it basically boils down to the individual's desire to learn and progress...

das all ah sayin...
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 11:47:07 AM »
what will be de scenario if they livin in de bush but goin to school in town.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Marky NYC

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 11:59:47 AM »
I will have to say I agree with that statement!! I lived in Tobago for (2) years attending Youth Camp, while I was there I played for the Camp team, I have to say the level of Football was much more aggressive strong man type playing, it was a good experience for me since I played in the past in Caroni where the play was much more focused on skill.

Also Country has more hills in most places, that why some of them are bigger than other players, and they mostly eat ground food, or for the most part eating healthy.

Look at Dwight York.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 12:09:13 PM »
I will have to say I agree with that statement!! I lived in Tobago for (2) years attending Youth Camp, while I was there I played for the Camp team, I have to say the level of Football was much more aggressive strong man type playing, it was a good experience for me since I played in the past in Caroni where the play was much more focused on skill.

Also Country has more hills in most places, that why some of them are bigger than other players, and they mostly eat ground food, or for the most part eating healthy.

Look at Dwight York.

So, I guess that Yorke was from town, or all Tobago palyers are from the country?  Yorke was one of the most skillful players in the country (T and T) as a teenager, not just strong.  It is skill that scouts saw.  The Canaan, Tobago is town.  On the other hand,  Trini players come from the country and English players come from town, because the average football England youth player is far more skillful that the Trini players (but not as strong?).   Too much stereotyping and generalization in those statements.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 12:12:49 PM »

maybe they older than yuh think

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 12:13:32 PM »
ah doubt diego and pele grow up in bustling fast pace towns.them from de slums,de ghetto,as we say country.who more skillful than them.

Offline Marky NYC

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 12:40:09 PM »

Look at Dwight York.

So, I guess that Yorke was from town, or all Tobago palyers are from the country?  Yorke was one of the most skillful players in the country (T and T) as a teenager, not just strong.  It is skill that scouts saw.  The Canaan, Tobago is town.  On the other hand,  Trini players come from the country and English players come from town, because the average football England youth player is far more skillful that the Trini players (but not as strong?).   Too much stereotyping and generalization in those statements.

I will not label all of Tobago as country, however, when I lived there I noticed most of Tobago has Hills, hence stronger people in general, most of the people I remember had big calves even the women.

I have seen may very skillful players that coach tell they need to put on more weight, and sometimes will not let them play on wet ground matches because they get pushed around, there is a place for skillful players, however I agree with the statement above, if you can have the best of both worlds, you can have a very skillful player with power as well.

As for English players I cant comment on that too much, I will say I think Trini players has more finesse and skill than they do, however, I think the English plays a smarter game.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 12:48:42 PM »
ah doubt diego and pele grow up in bustling fast pace towns.them from de slums,de ghetto,as we say country.who more skillful than them.

most of the slums in Brazil and Argentina are in big cities or right on the outskirts. In Brazil many of the favelas were a direct results of 'unskilled' workers moving in large numbers from the country to the city but unable to find work and housing (or work that pays well enough to afford decent housing) and ending up living in poorly developed shanty towns near the city. The kids go to school and learn to play in city teams, or on city playgrounds, beaches etc.... it's usually a very urban thing..not country at all. can't say for Pele but Diego was raised on the outskirts of Buenos Aires (hardly country). Pele grew up in a relatively ig town in the South of Brazil I think..then moved to Sao Paulo as a teenager to join Santos. The question requires too much generalization to come up with an answer imo

As for English players I cant comment on that too much, I will say I think Trini players has more finesse and skill than they do, however, I think the English plays a smarter game.

the great respite of teams that doh actually have the skill to play a smarter game

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 12:59:39 PM by Filho »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 01:06:44 PM »

most of the slums in Brazil and Argentina are in big cities or right on the outskirts. In Brazil many of the favelas were a direct results of 'unskilled' workers moving in large numbers from the country to the city but unable to find work and housing (or work that pays well enough to afford decent housing) and ending up living in poorly developed shanty towns near the city. The kids go to school and learn to play in city teams, or on city playgrounds, beaches etc.... it's usually a very urban thing..not country at all. can't say for Pele but Diego was raised on the outskirts of Buenos Aires (hardly country). Pele grew up in a relatively ig town in the South of Brazil I think..then moved to Sao Paulo as a teenager to join Santos. The question requires too much generalization to come up with an answer imo

the great respite of teams that doh actually have the skill to play a smarter game

bottom line i doh tink geography or locale have anyting to do with it.then yuh could talk bout genetics and pollution.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 10:21:14 PM »
I dont think geography and location ha anything to do with it...
In my view, the bottom line is practice...yea ah bush man might be stronger...but look at where he lives...in the bush, where he might have to do more...rural stuff, like gardening etc... where as a town man go be in town, which normally is busier...job availability...urban stuff...

However the town man wld obiviously be surrounded by more people and therefore be able to get more sweatt...where as de bush man in de bush, and it eh ha much ppl in de bush/infastructure/lights etc...so de bsuh man eh relly getting play time....and practice makes perfect..so maybe thats why de man must be say town man ha more skillz than de bush man...

buh in esssence wuh it really come down to is the amount ah sweat ah man gettting...rather than one being more tougher, or one being more skillfulll...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 10:33:27 PM »
I think Pele is from some small town Sao Paolo state but played for Santos, the port city.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 10:52:23 PM »
I think Pele is from some small town Sao Paolo state but played for Santos, the port city.

yeah yuh right. although he was born in Minas Gerais, looks like he grow up in Sao Paulo state in a town called Bauru

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 06:19:00 AM »

Town man have more skills but country man tougher ?

generalisation

like we used to hear how indian not good at football only cricket

generalisation

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 10:44:47 AM »
I will not label all of Tobago as country, however, when I lived there I noticed most of Tobago has Hills, hence stronger people in general, most of the people I remember had big calves even the women.

*chuckles* I am the exception.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Town man have more skills but country man tougher?
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 11:29:03 AM »
I ooudda swear Poser did settle dis argument years ago....

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 04:26:56 PM »
A think the town man country man statement too general..and at the risk of sounding the same, I would suggest that there might be more of a corelation (not with skill and strength, but with footballers' abilities in general) with regards to economic standing... poverty vs affluence ....

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 04:42:36 PM »
A think the town man country man statement too general..and at the risk of sounding the same, I would suggest that there might be more of a corelation (not with skill and strength, but with footballers' abilities in general) with regards to economic standing... poverty vs affluence ....
much different argument and I do agree that poverty provides that extra impetus to do well and as you say it is a matter of economics the poorer the person the scarcer the opportunities...

1]; } ?>