May 21, 2024, 07:21:44 PM

Author Topic: Argentina name 16-man squad for get-together  (Read 3541 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Argentina name 16-man squad for get-together
« on: May 06, 2006, 11:23:29 AM »
Argentina name 16-man squad for get-together

BUENOS AIRES, May 6 (Reuters) - Argentina have called up 16 players largely regarded as certainties in their World Cup squad for a two-day get-together in Madrid early next week.

The 16 are all with European clubs except for goalkeeper Roberto Abbondanzieri who will travel to Madrid on Sunday after playing for Boca Juniors in the Argentine league.

There is one surprise in AS Roma defender Leandro Cufre, who won the second of his two caps in March 2005, while Lionel Scaloni, on loan at West Ham United, has also been merely a fringe player.

Argentina meet Ivory Coast, Serbia & Montenegro and the Netherlands in Group C at the World Cup in Germany starting on June 9. Definitive 23-man squads must be named by May 15.

Listed players:

Goalkeepers: Roberto Abbondanzieri (Boca Juniors), Leonardo Franco (Atletico Madrid)

Defenders: Nicolas Burdisso (Inter Milan), Gabriel Milito (Real Zaragoza), Juan Pablo Sorin (Villarreal), Fabricio Coloccini (Deportivo Coruna), Leandro Cufre (AS Roma), Roberto Ayala (Valencia), Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United), Lionel Scaloni (West Ham United)

Midfielders: Maximiliano Rodriguez (Atletico Madrid), Esteban Cambiasso (Inter Milan), Luis Gonzalez (Porto), Juan Roman Riquelme (Villarreal

Forwards: Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Hernan Crespo (Chelsea).
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: Argentina name 16-man squad for get-together
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 12:58:38 PM »
FIRE BUN DA WHOLE SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!! :flamethrower: flame up dey assssss
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 02:20:17 PM »
if de get together is nex week i wanna kno how dem manage to call up messi
who is supposed to be out of de champions league final
well dem na easy
an wham to saviola an aimar

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 02:49:13 PM »

Messi as striker and no Saviola?

Més que un club.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 03:00:34 PM »

Saviola always gettin underrated by Argentina.
Barcelona one mistake was to sell him.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 03:29:34 PM »

Listed players:

Goalkeepers: Roberto Abbondanzieri (Boca Juniors), Leonardo Franco (Atletico Madrid)

Defenders: Nicolas Burdisso (Inter Milan), Gabriel Milito (Real Zaragoza), Juan Pablo Sorin (Villarreal), Fabricio Coloccini (Deportivo Coruna), Leandro Cufre (AS Roma), Roberto Ayala (Valencia), Gabriel Heinze   ;)(Manchester United), Lionel Scaloni (West Ham United)

Midfielders: Maximiliano Rodriguez (Atletico Madrid), Esteban Cambiasso (Inter Milan), Luis Gonzalez (Porto), Juan Roman Riquelme (Villarreal

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 04:39:24 PM »

Nah dread, Saviola still in the mix, but he probably get excused to prepare for the UEFA Cup final. Messi still injured and he probably just going there to bond with the rest of the players and have Argentina medical staff check him out and come up with their own prognosis on his ability to recover in time.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 04:42:03 PM »
Ah hoping D'Allessandro could get a call as he reaaaaaaaaaaaaaal rip up for Portsmouth in the later half of the EPL season.

ADELANTE AR-GEN-TINA!!!

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 07:01:57 PM »
Ah hoping D'Allessandro could get a call as he reaaaaaaaaaaaaaal rip up for Portsmouth in the later half of the EPL season.

ADELANTE AR-GEN-TINA!!!
Preach, Jahyouth... preach.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 12:03:32 PM »

ADELANTE AR-GEN-TINA!!!

BRA-ZIL    BRA-ZIL   BRA-ZIL

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 12:18:05 PM »

Mistake number 2....no maxi lopez
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 01:21:45 PM »

saviola has to play in the Eufa final and this team is not the final team for Germany by a long shot.
Maxi lopez ???? please ! he has to conentrate on making the barcelona team before Argentina. He is the most benched player in spain.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 01:24:25 PM »

ADELANTE AR-GEN-TINA!!!

yeah fellas we rallying de troups. let all else worry about who will be on the team. we will wait on Pekers.
remember Pekerman has had most of these players during tyheir careers. lets just avoid injury and we will be fine.
To the brazilians i say ...the pressure is on you not us ! Go argentina !!!!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 02:31:17 PM »

saviola has to play in the Eufa final and this team is not the final team for Germany by a long shot.
Maxi lopez ???? please ! he has to conentrate on making the barcelona team before Argentina. He is the most benched player in spain.

Just cause he does be benched doh mean he eh talented eh brudder. Notice who he does be as the understudy for....mr ronaldo de asis moreria.....so.......yuh could understand why he there. The man lacks oppurtunity. He has potential...watch and see.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2006, 02:38:13 PM »

Just cause he does be benched doh mean he eh talented eh brudder. Notice who he does be as the understudy for....mr ronaldo de asis moreria.....so.......yuh could understand why he there. The man lacks oppurtunity. He has potential...watch and see.

well i guess you know little about teams like argentina and brazil. If you cant be a regular on your club team you dont play on your national team  full stop. potential is not good enough at that level. we are talking about previous winners here who have at least 100 footballers who can play on the national team and all regulars with their clubs.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 03:33:03 PM »
Aight....so how much men you know can displace the world footballer of the year from a starting line up?? How much men could displace yuh boy riquelme from argentina starting line up. Dat doh mean he eh good. Check up on he history....he was argentina playmaker for u-17 world cup 2001....which was held here and i first noticed him. Look at the team he benching for....one of the best if not the best club in the world. The tragic irony is.....barca bought him so that they can have a player that ignored by his national team due to too much talent that wouldnt have to be making trips back and forth on national duty. This is a player that scored within 10 minutes of his champions league debut.....and provided the pass for the winner. He in a position somewhat like deco......good yes....but to start for brazil....maybe not....either suck bench.......or change citizenship. We see what deco did......now is up to maxi. Mark my words......maxi lacks opportunity.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 03:42:50 PM »
Aight....so how much men you know can displace the world footballer of the year from a starting line up?? How much men could displace yuh boy riquelme from argentina starting line up. Dat doh mean he eh good. Check up on he history....he was argentina playmaker for u-17 world cup 2001....which was held here and i first noticed him. Look at the team he benching for....one of the best if not the best club in the world. The tragic irony is.....barca bought him so that they can have a player that ignored by his national team due to too much talent that wouldnt have to be making trips back and forth on national duty. This is a player that scored within 10 minutes of his champions league debut.....and provided the pass for the winner. He in a position somewhat like deco......good yes....but to start for brazil....maybe not....either suck bench.......or change citizenship. We see what deco did......now is up to maxi. Mark my words......maxi lacks opportunity.

i dont know where you got this confidence in a player who probably hasn't totalled 90 mins all season ..but i salute you for your stand. I am an avid argentina fan and even i cant justify his inclusion for argentina. i hate to see him on the bench as he is a good player but I dont think he is in the frame for this WC..maybe the next !

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 03:44:06 PM »

ADELANTE AR-GEN-TINA!!!

et tu Cantona?  ah cyar believe this :-[
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2006, 05:33:08 PM »

Maxi is a great talent, but he will only make the team if Pekerman decides to take him for the experience. Argentina  has too much depth and proven forwards at the international level. Maxi Lopez is not even match fit as he does not play enough. When Barca bought him he was not even a starter for River PLate...so i am not sure why you rank him so highly, he was bought by Barca for his potential. El tanque Aleman is also not a playmaker and does not compete with ronaldinho for a place in the starting line up...when Ronaldinho is injured, suspended or rested, Maxi Lopez still does not play so I do not know what youa re talking about. Noone who follows Barca can argue with that...At R. PLate and Barca he is used as an old fashion center forward.  At Barca he is behind Eto'o and Larsson. Due to Barca's more languid three man attack, he is also behind Messi and Guily. Despite his explosive CL debut, his other appeances for Barca have shown how raw he is...and his finishing has been a little erratic. Sure he is on the bench becasue his team is a bomb squad...but this is Argentina we are talking about...he is very far down the Peck(erman)ing order. And Pekerman has coached him so he knows what he can do. And if you want to know about a new Argentine progidy who will make teh WC even before Maxi...look up a youth call Aguerro. The kid lights it up every week on Argentine soccer highlights and is already being pushed by the media

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2006, 06:37:59 PM »
wat about tevez.he definitly have to b they.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2006, 07:06:17 PM »
wat about tevez.he definitly have to b they.

How yuh mean.  Carlitos will be on the rampage in Germany

ADELANTE  AR-GEN-TINA
[/color][/b]

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2006, 07:56:04 PM »

he out on loan bro

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2006, 07:58:23 PM »

i dont know where you got this confidence in a player who probably hasn't totalled 90 mins all season ..but i salute you for your stand. I am an avid argentina fan and even i cant justify his inclusion for argentina. i hate to see him on the bench as he is a good player but I dont think he is in the frame for this WC..maybe the next !
Na man i likin maxi since u-17 wc dong here when he sign for barca ah do a few backflips an ting i was rel happy.
He is one of ma favourite players an i think he does deserve to be called up by the coach buh de fact of de matter is da he not gud enuf as yet
de potential is dere doh if he cud use he size properly he go be deadly

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2006, 08:38:48 PM »
Who care bout Argentina and who thry pick.  They should leave Messi, Saviola and all ah deh star players for all I care!  Go Warriors!  That is alll that matters now!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

1]; } ?>