May 04, 2024, 02:31:41 PM

Author Topic: Shabazz says win bittersweet.  (Read 4236 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Shabazz says win bittersweet.
« on: November 14, 2011, 04:48:54 AM »
Jamaal Shabazz says win bittersweet.
By Stephon Nicholas (Newsday).

GUYANA coach, Jamaal Shabazz, described his team’s historic 2-1 defeat of his home country Trinidad and Tobago on Friday as a bittersweet moment in his career.

The “Golden Jaguars” victory effectively ended the “Soca Warriors” 2014 World Cup campaign and booked Guyana’s spot in the next round alongside Mexico, Costa Rica and El Salvador.

“It was never anything personal with TT but you do get a bittersweet feeling,” Shabazz said.

The Caledonia AIA coach noted, however, his success can create opportunities for other local coaches to be hired in the region.

“It could open doors for so many of our coaches to get jobs with other Caribbean teams and it gives hope that we can take a team into a high level of competition,” he explained.

Shabazz did not take sole credit for masterminding TT’s downfall but hailed the effort of his players for getting the job done on the football field.

“There was no real secret...The players worked hard for it and sacrificed a lot especially in terms of remuneration. What they get is nothing close to what other players get in the region...The first half was pretty even but throughout the game we played with more heart and determination and in football, passion often overcomes talent,” he explained.

Shabazz, although reluctant to say whether Guyana have surpassed TT in their level of football, says most teams in the region are currently on the same par.

“The gap among Caribbean (teams) does not exist as football lovers in TT would like to think. The world has become very small through technology and coaching education (so) even small countries like Grenada and Antigua are able to put together a difficult team,” he pointed out.

Questioned whether he can guide his team over a next hurdle and into the final round of qualifiers against some of CONCACAF’s best, Shabazz is staying optimistic as they have already achieved what many said they would not.

“The same question was asked of us in this round and how did we answer? So I say again, it is not impossible for us to go to the stage of six but it will take a lot of planning, organisation and much more resources than the Guyana Football Federation (GFF) has at this moment,” he said.

He called on the Government of Guyana as well as corporate bodies there to come on board and assist to make the World Cup dream a reality.

Shabazz admitted taking Guyana to the next round ranks number one in his greatest sporting achievements and thanked the GFF for keeping faith in him.

“Taking a national team to the second round is (my greatest achievement). I am happy to be part of this moment with them because they entrusted their football in my hands and that is a tremendous responsibility,” he stated.

Shabazz: A win for Caribbean coaches.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).

"This is for coaches in the region... in the Caribbean," said Guyana's Trinidadian coach Jamaal Shabazz after they progressed to the third-round at the expense of German-coached T&T who they edged 2-1 on Friday at the Providence National Stadium, Guyana.

Shabazz has always held the view that capable Caribbean coaches are not given high priority and respect by their own people for the top positions. He felt Guyana's win with a Caribbean coach over T&T, with highly-paid successful German Otto Pfister, says that Caribbean coaching has developed.

"This is for Everard "Gally" Cummings, Alvin Corneal, Jimmy Blanc, Anton Corneal, Stuart Charles Fevrier, Hutson Charles... all the local coaches because it was an important statement for us to make that our time is now.

"We have worked hard in the trenches as assistant coaches. We learned a lot from the people who came in, and we thankful for that. But, this is our time. This is not Jamaal Shabazz time, this is our time for local and Caribbean coaches, " said Shabazz.

Before taking up the head coach position with Guyana, the Caledonia AIA and former T&T women's team head-coach, also a former T&T men's national team assistant coach, has long held the view that there appeared little chance of him ever getting the T&T head coach's position.

He also especially took offense at a statement some years ago by Jamaican Football Federation president captain Horace Burrell, that a local coach could never get a Caribbean team to the World Cup.

"It's not a great feeling emotionally. It's something that brings a whole lot of mixed feelings," Shabazz said of knocking his country out of the World Cup.

"This is nothing personal against Trinidad and Tobago, but trying to make a statement on behalf of our people. Our coaches have worked hard, the have learned. They have studied and invested in their careers, and our time is now," Shabazz declared.

Also having mixed emotions was 26-year-old England-born Guyana midfielder Ricky Shakes, who played in a T&T national team shirt against Iceland when the Soca Warriors were preparing to participate in the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany. Shakes never received a call-up from T&T again, but was also eligible to play for Guyana due to his parentage.

"Obviously things were not working out with Trinidad. I didn't get a call up from Trinidad, and I got the opportunity to play. Guyana wanted me, and I am happy for that."

Shakes added: "I was disappointed at first, a long time ago but I didn't let it get to me, and I proved to them that I have the ability and my confidence ain't low, " Shakes said. "I couldn't believe how the ball came to me, and I just said to myself hit the ball. I knew where the net was, and I hit the ball, it went into the net and I felt real good."

And after limping off on an ankle that he says needs surgery, 29-year-old popular former Joe Public striker Gregory "Jacky Chan" Richardson says he is not surprised at Guyana's victory.

"I have no real (surprised) feeling...because Trinidad football is not what it was," Richardson declared. "In the Caribbean all them countries have closed, so anyone could beat anyone now. Back in the days when Trinidad had Dwight Yorke and (Russell) Latapy, they could have changed a game. Eh, eh not now," Richardson said.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 04:55:15 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shabazz says win bittersweet.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 09:21:47 AM »
Them guys did not turn up to play ... so enjoy for now shabazz
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 09:35:37 AM »
Men celebrating this like Guyana make it to the World Cup already...the journey now start Shabbazz

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 09:41:54 AM »
Men celebrating this like Guyana make it to the World Cup already...the journey now start Shabbazz

That is = 2 winning a Wc 4 dem. U know like when we draw wit Sweden.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 09:48:24 AM »
I like how Shabazz bigging  us his own! We have to believe in ourselves and in our ability! If we have self hate persons from outside will prey on our stupidity! I hope he gets some success and his team has a good showing in the next round! In fact Caribbean coaches should help as much as possible to see our two Caribbean teams do well! Wake up people! Put yourself first!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 10:27:21 AM »
Kenwyn Jones went into this match saying it was important as the Bahrain game back in 2006.

Bottom line, Guyana did not have better preparation than us - less money - less stars and they beat us fair and square.

This is the biggest achievment in their football history after 50 years of flopping (knowin they lose before they even start) they're in the Con semis.

Good for them and Antigua.

IN the old days we coulda coast on the C'bbn with this kind of preparation but not any more. Fok around and this is what happens.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 10:51:30 AM »
Kenwyn Jones went into this match saying it was important as the Bahrain game back in 2006.

Bottom line, Guyana did not have better preparation than us - less money - less stars and they beat us fair and square.

This is the biggest achievment in their football history after 50 years of flopping (knowin they lose before they even start) they're in the Con semis.

Good for them and Antigua.

IN the old days we coulda coast on the C'bbn with this kind of preparation but not any more. Fok around and this is what happens.

VB

:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 10:57:09 AM »
shabazz lucky he ent make jail for the 90 coup, why he don't shut up >:(

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 10:59:28 AM »
Teams we have now lost to in the last 12 months:

Cuba
Grenada
Bermuda
Guyana

The consolation is that we all know we were not making it out a group with Mexico and Costa Rica based on current form. You cant beat Bermuda or Guyana, how you expect to be competitive vs Guatemala, far less the 2 big guns. That group next year woulda be more hoping for a miracle than anything else.

We still not at rock bottom - there is still a chance we do not actually qualify for a caribbean finals tournament. Lets hope the next one is hosted by T&T.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 11:06:38 AM »
shabazz lucky he ent make jail for the 90 coup, why he don't shut up >:(

A pity you didn't shut up too before the game with yuh dotish predictions of how bad T&T would beat Guyana! Yes yuh is a fan but ah dotish one who does goatmouth the team! Yuh ent shame?!  :-[

Sorry silly question, you is a man with no shame because lack of common sense does prevent that!!

Shabazz has every right to talk unlike yuhself because he doing stuff to back he talk!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 12:49:06 PM »
Pro - the bredda was just supporting he team dread..

Sometimes we forget we all on the same team here.. Everything pointed to a fairly easy T&T advancement from this group, even though our football was in decline.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 03:15:31 PM »
Pro - the bredda was just supporting he team dread..

Sometimes we forget we all on the same team here.. Everything pointed to a fairly easy T&T advancement from this group, even though our football was in decline.

Supporting your team is one thing. Telling people they negative becasue they don't express the same opinion as you is another. Most of us thought we woyld beat BG. But its only natural that some people who continously make big bold predictions and are proven wrong every single time will suffer from a lack of creditability. Especially when the same person now trying to convince people that some shady consortium is yet another answer to our football woes.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shabazz: Don't stop T&T program
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 04:39:02 PM »
Shabazz: Don't stop T&T program
By Shaun Fuentes (T&T)

Guyana National Team head coach Jamaal Shabazz believes that the time is right for Trinidad and Tobago to see its immediate future in football as the ideal opportunity to have continuity by engaging in a full fledge and properly orchestrated program that can see the country’s national teams rise again to the top of Caribbean football and become a respected opponent in Concacaf.

Shabazz was speaking prior to Guyana’s training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Monday morning and shortly after embracing some members of the T&T team coaching staff with whom he has had a previous work relationship.

“Unlike a lot of people I don’t think it is the end for us but rather a start we can now focus on. The Under 23 team is quite talented and it’s time to put more emphasis on them and youth football,” Shabazz told TTFF Media.

“But not because Trinidad and Tobago is out means that we should shut down the national team program. All it means is for us now is to focus on the younger, upcoming players using every one of the FIFA dates because we have seen how not doing that can affect our program.”

He mentioned that he is still very much interested in remaining as a coordinator of the TTFF Coaching education programs, a position he held for the past year working alongside Anton Corneal and other local instructors in conjunction with the Dutch Royal Academy.

“Actually I am still the coordinator of the coach education program for the TTFF which is not as if I am holding a coaching position but I am helping with the education of coaches for the C license program. Of course the way the Guyana situation has evolved now they want to sit down with me and discuss something long term. However I remain committed to being part of the coaching education program with the TTFF and helping in all the ways that I can. It is not a divorce situation with Trinidad and Tobago and I look forward to the future,” added the Caledonia AIA man.

Regarding his success with Guyana, Shabazz commented: “We are showing that we have learned from people who came here like Leo Beenhakker, Rene Simoes, Even Pellerud. I think we have a lot of coaches who are coming a long way. For the rest of the Caribbean like St Vincent, St Lucia, Grenada, Guyana we are at the point where it can happen for us.

"The fact that Guyana knocked Trinidad and Tobago out of a World Cup means that Trinidad and Tobago most likely didn’t deserve to be here. There is a perception that we are so far ahead of the rest of the Caribbean which is no longer true. I think Anton Corneal out it quite well where in terms of passion and desire our players are lacking. Coaches can’t coaching passion and desire. The rest of the region is getting more and more hungry for success because they see what going to a World Cup has done for Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago,” Shabazz added.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 05:02:05 PM »
What going to the WC has done for T&T and jamaica?? ABSOLUTELY FACK ALL!!!   :pissedoff:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 06:08:22 PM »
What going to the WC has done for T&T and jamaica?? ABSOLUTELY FACK ALL!!!   :pissedoff:

JC because you have a certain opinion doesn't mean that everyone has to or will agree with you!!

Going to the World Cup has raised both Ja & T&T's football profile if only for a limited period of time!
Ja has managed to keep their football profile at a relatively high level compared to T&T because they did not have their federation blacklisting their players etc like we did right after their last World Cup appearance.

But even if the folks who worked at the TTFF did not build on the opportunity our qualification presented, doesn’t mean that T&T's football profile was not raised around the world for a period of time after our last World Cup appearance in Germany!!

Unfortunately what is happening now with our football only helps to cancel out the positives we had from our 2006 World Cup qualification but you can't logically argue that going to the WC has done nothing for T&T and Jamaica and expect everyone or even the majority of posters here to agree with you!

However we understand where you are coming from that we need to focus more on long-term football development and winning the regional Caribbean & Gold Cup titles first and then as Palos said World Cup Qualification will eventually take care of itself!

I think our immediate gold after overhauling the TTFF and installing a new president (who cares more about restoring our football than the state of his pocket, hopefully Sancho) should be winning the next Caribbean Cup, qualifying for the next Gold Cup and then doing very well in that competition!!

You are entitled to your opinion on this issue but don't be so deluded as to expect everyone here to agree with you!  :beermug:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 06:12:28 PM by Socapro »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 07:17:46 PM »
Breds, yuh going off or what?? how could you say that we derived any benefit from the WC experience, when it's obviously clear that we didn't! how many tourneys did we win, how many gold cups did we play, how many second round appearances did we have? so tell me how did it benefit us when we couldn't even bag ah digicel cup??!!

same with jamaica, since they've been to france they were never the same, and the record shows, they never been to the hex since 2001 and they missed out on the caribbean cup back to back, and even been knocked out by SVG on one occasion.

and it got worst for them, they even broke the bank to bring in bora who had no answers to the problem, kinda like us and pfister. finally they got rid of boxil and brought in burrell who started ah slow and stead climb out of the rot. and it's only now JA got back into ah rythem that have them competitive well again.

well we all know T&T story, so no need to reiterate. so JA went down and we went down right after a WC, and i believe it's bc....... IMO WC are for countries who have their act together, not some financially strapped federation who can't even afford to pay their players or compete in their own regional tourneys.

after T&T and JA came back from that WC they dropped their guards considerably, maybe it's bc they thought that they made it and were unbeatable and no longer needed to work @ it any more, @ least that's what i saw with jack warner.

he took us to a world cup, not bc he wanted to lift the standard of T&T football, but rather only to have the honor of reaching ah WC, and that was our only ambition, and he broke the bank to make it happen!

tuh tell yuh the truth, i would rather have seen us go to the gold cups that we missed out on and did really well, rather than ah meaningless WC appearance.

i'm ah firm believer in continuum! spend your money, bring in ah good coach for the long haul, form ah bond with ah core of players learn ah good system well, while bleeding new blood into the fray. the USMNT is ah perfect example. they had two coaches in 13 yrs learning ah system they could play with their eyes closed.

only recently they just fired ah great coach in order to hire ah better one that could take then further, love them or hate them, they are master of progress, they don't look back, instead they are always looking ahead, pumping money into sports for it's development. and their main focus is not only the WC, but to be the best they can be in the region and beyond, and that should be our focus. BTW did you see what spalk said to night on the news, well if yuh didn't i'll tell yuh, NO MO FACKIN MONEY FOR THE MEN SENIOR NATIONAL TEAM!!!!

only bc we failed to adavance to the next round of WCQ, so yuh know when we will see money fuh football again, since that's our only source of income ? 2015 when it's time for road to russia.  good luck allyuh bc i have no plans of sticking around these mad ppl no mo.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:25:54 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 07:42:02 PM »
Breds, yuh going off or what?? how could you say that we derived any benefit from the WC experience, when it's obviously clear that we didn't! how many tourneys did we win, how many gold cups did we play, how many second round appearances did we have? so tell me how did it benefit us when we couldn't even bag ah digicel cup??!!

same with jamaica, since they've been to france they were never the same, and the record shows, they never been to the hex since 2001 and they missed out on the caribbean cup back to back, and even been knocked out by SVG on one occasion.

and it got worst for them, they even broke the bank to bring in bora who had no answers to the problem, kinda like us and pfister. finally they got rid of boxil and brought in burrell who started ah slow and stead climb out of the rot. and it's only now JA got back into ah rythem that have them competitive well again.

well we all know T&T story, so no need to reiterate. so JA went down and we went down right after a WC, and i believe it's bc....... IMO WC are for countries who have their act together, not some financially strapped federation who can't even afford to pay their players or compete in their own regional tourneys.

after T&T and JA came back from that WC they dropped their guards considerably, maybe it's bc they thought that they made it and were unbeatable and no longer needed to work @ it any more, @ least that's what i saw with jack warner.

he took us to a world cup, not bc he wanted to lift the standard of T&T football, but rather only to have the honor of reaching ah WC, and that was our only ambition, and he broke the bank to make it happen!

tuh tell yuh the truth, i would rather have seen us go to the gold cups that we missed out on and did really well, rather than ah meaningless WC appearance.

i'm ah firm believer in continuum! spend your money, bring in ah good coach for the long haul, form ah bond with ah core of players learn ah good system well, while bleeding new blood into the fray. the USMNT is ah perfect example. they had two coaches in 13 yrs learning ah system they could play with their eyes closed.

only recently they just fired ah great coach in order to hire ah better one that could take then further, love them or hate them, they are master of progress, they don't look back, instead they are always looking ahead, pumping money into sports for it's development. and their main focus is not only the WC, but to be the best they can be in the region and beyond, and that should be our focus. BTW did you see what spalk said to night on the news, well if yuh didn't i'll tell yuh, NO MO FACKIN MONEY FOR THE MEN SENIOR NATIONAL TEAM!!!!

only bc we failed to adavance to the next round of WCQ, so yuh know when we will see money fuh football again, since that's our only source of income ? 2015 when it's time for road to russia.  good luck allyuh bc i have no plans of sticking around these mad ppl no mo.

JC as much as you feel your argument is logical it is not!!

You are trying to equate qualifying for the World Cup as a reason for our football going downhill, while completely ignoring the real factors like a greedy and malfunctioning federation who blacklisted our world cup players, etc!!

The reason that our football has regressed is not because we qualified for a World Cup, it is because we have corrupt people who only care about their pockets running our football federation!!

Give us a properly functioning federation with an honest leader and us or any other country who qualify for a world cup can and will easily build upon the raised profile of World Cup qualification, with quality friendlies and more top players of Trini heritage playing in top leagues around the world wanting to join the team!!

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one!!   :beermug:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 05:42:43 AM »

You are trying to equate qualifying for the World Cup as a reason for our football going downhill, while completely ignoring the real factors like a greedy and malfunctioning federation who blacklisted our world cup players, etc!!

The reason that our football has regressed is not because we qualified for a World Cup, it is because we have corrupt people who only care about their pockets running our football federation!!

Give us a properly functioning federation with an honest leader and us or any other country who qualify for a world cup can and will easily build upon the raised profile of World Cup qualification, with quality friendlies and more top players of Trini heritage playing in top leagues around the world wanting to join the team!!

Bred look who talkin bout missing the point. all these men want tuh do is go to the big stage, and they leaving out and ignoring the development of football on the island. all i'm saying is focus on development and when that's taken care of, then yuh could move on tuh focusing on the big dance.

an analogy, going to the WC while yuh football is in dire straights is like ah man spending he last tuh take ah gyul out tuh dinner and ah movie and the next day he brok and his bills are unpaid , no food in his fridge, and his lights is about tuh get cut off.  all i'm saying is take care of your priorities, then after that yuh could focus on extras.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 05:45:08 AM by just cool »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 06:55:51 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThXIw67Abz0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ThXIw67Abz0</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 08:14:12 AM »

Good post bred, agree with most except your view that playing in Gold Cups better than World Cups.
Lets all be truly honest here and realise our potential.
Trinidad should be winning the majority of Caribbean Cups it enters.
We should be playing in EVERY SINGLE GOLD CUP Tournament, with a minimum of making it out the group stages.
We should be in EVERY SINGLE HEXAGONAL GROUP.
We should be consistently be challenging the top 4 for a spot in the WC.
Whether we qualify routinely for every world cup, thats up to the fotball Gods, because we  also have to accept that other countries go through cycles too.

We have a very small population, limited infrastructure and limited national passion for the game.
There are at least 8 countries in CONCACAF who have more passion for football than us IN GENERAL:
USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panama, Jamaica.
Their fans cry when they lose, we just feel sad and move on.
You can bet they have a better strategy than us, we just lucky cause we produce very talented players every 4 campaigns starting back in 1974.
Living in Ja teach me something - heart and passion goes a long way. Because of my experiences, I can say unreservedly that T&T has much more talented and gifted footballers than Jamaica, we view the game as a beautiful thing that should be played in a certain way, but what Jamaica has is heart and passion. They will never back down in a tackle, even the star player is a warrior first, then a silky-smooth player after. And it shows whenever we play them. So I understand exactly what went on in Guyana last Friday.

The only thing we can do now is look forward.
At least Anil have a plan ( I know Socapro will get vex), but a plan is a plan, whether it is shit or not, it gives us a starting point.
We must aim to win the caribbean cup next year.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 08:21:16 AM »
once a traitor, always a traitor.

shabazz and the rest ah dem shoulda hang in 1990.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 10:29:05 AM »

Bred look who talkin bout missing the point. all these men want tuh do is go to the big stage, and they leaving out and ignoring the development of football on the island. all i'm saying is focus on development and when that's taken care of, then yuh could move on tuh focusing on the big dance.

an analogy, going to the WC while yuh football is in dire straights is like ah man spending he last tuh take ah gyul out tuh dinner and ah movie and the next day he brok and his bills are unpaid , no food in his fridge, and his lights is about tuh get cut off.  all i'm saying is take care of your priorities, then after that yuh could focus on extras.

JC, like you slow or what?!! Going to the World Cup made us (our federation) loads of money, so we were not broke after our World Cup appearance is just that them greedy selfish fellas in charge thief all the money!!
Our World Cup appearance was a positive thing, the money could have gone back into our football development and helping to lift the standard of our football even higher!
Is just that we had and still have the wrong people in charge of our football who don't care about our players and our football development!! You are confusing two different issues!!
Like I said, lets agree to disagree on this one!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:32:12 AM by Socapro »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 09:33:23 AM »

JC, like you slow or what?!! Going to the World Cup made us (our federation) loads of money, so we were not broke after our World Cup appearance is just that them greedy selfish fellas in charge thief all the money!!
Our World Cup appearance was a positive thing, the money could have gone back into our football development and helping to lift the standard of our football even higher!
Is just that we had and still have the wrong people in charge of our football who don't care about our players and our football development!! You are confusing two different issues!!

You have completely missed the point of his analogy if yuh talking about money the federation recieved.  What he seems to be saying is our level of play was already stagnated and in decline and therefore we had no real chance of building upon the achievement of making it to the WC in Germany.  What he seems to be saying is that is fools gold for us because even though we made it we were still destined to go down instead of up.  So the man who lights turn off trick de gyul by takin she out to ah fancy restaurant when he truly at a lack fuh resources and suffering.  TTFF fooled us with what looked like success when we were already on the path to ruin.  So build a sensible programme with a sensible and professional appraoch first and that way we wont embarass ourselves after what should be a positive milestone achievement.  That I believe is the point JC is trying to get across.  Correct me if ah wrong JC

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 09:39:32 AM »
fuk u shabazz.NO WORLD CUP FUH U.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 10:14:29 AM »
f**k u shabazz.NO WORLD CUP FUH U.

Imagine dat. Shabazz is a professional who achieved results against the odds. How rude of him. What was he thinking?

WEll  we have three Trinis in the next rounds: Shakes, Shabazz and Steven Hart.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 10:34:14 AM »

You have completely missed the point of his analogy if yuh talking about money the federation recieved.  What he seems to be saying is our level of play was already stagnated and in decline and therefore we had no real chance of building upon the achievement of making it to the WC in Germany.  What he seems to be saying is that is fools gold for us because even though we made it we were still destined to go down instead of up.  So the man who lights turn off trick de gyul by takin she out to ah fancy restaurant when he truly at a lack fuh resources and suffering.  TTFF fooled us with what looked like success when we were already on the path to ruin.  So build a sensible programme with a sensible and professional appraoch first and that way we wont embarass ourselves after what should be a positive milestone achievement.  That I believe is the point JC is trying to get across.  Correct me if ah wrong JC
Thank yuh killa, that's exactly my point. going to ah WC is ah great achievement if yuh going to use the experience as ah stepping stone. but when yuh go to ah WC and then drop yuh guard and feel like yuh reach without building on the experience, going backward instead of going forward, then it's ah total waste of time!!

like i said before, i woulda rather lose out on that WC, have beenhaker come in right after bertille fail to make it, keep him on as ah coach /technical director coordinating with the domestic league to lift the standard and level of play, focus our attention on regional tourneys, keep the team competing on fifa dates with our best players,

ah bet allyuh anything that we would've been ah huge force to recon with in the region, and i'll go further to say that we would've definitely been in south africa instead of watching it on TV, and to go even further and say, we would've had two more caribbean cup trophies in our cabinet and maybe two second round appearances in the last two gold cups we missed. so tell me how going to germany helped us in any way?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 10:41:50 AM »
f**k u shabazz.NO WORLD CUP FUH U.

Imagine dat. Shabazz is a professional who achieved results against the odds. How rude of him. What was he thinking?

WEll  we have three Trinis in the next rounds: Shakes, Shabazz and Steven Hart.

VB
Fack ricky shakes, he's ah shit hound. he only got lucky with that jumbie goal, lets see how he will cut it on the big stage. don't get me wrong, i love guyana and will support them over the spanish dem, but ah hope they don't get ah false sense of security bc they beat T&T. just look @ what happened to grenada and cuba in the gold cup, is level licks they ate.

i believe that guyana needs more british fire power if they intend to compete against these spanish. just yesterday costa rica buss two on spain almost beating them in the process. imagine drawing with the mighty spain with all their best players, having spain down two goals with 15 mins left in the game, making spain pull ah rabbit out their hats to salvage ah draw! :o
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 10:44:05 AM by just cool »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2011, 12:15:35 PM »

And what I am saying is that qualifying for a World Cup is good for the profile and development of any football team/country provided that they have a Football Federation with honest leadership that cares about their country's football that will plough most of the profits made back into football development rather than into their own pockets as our federation did!

In principle qualifying for a World Cup is good and should move a country's football forward but of course that is dependent on a good federation with honest leadership that actually cares about the country's football development and is accountable to the people!

Btw I am not taking away from any of the other points JC made about football development, just contending that qualifying for the World Cup could have been a big positive for us if we had the right folks at the helm!!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:29:12 PM by Socapro »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2011, 12:45:57 PM »

And what I am saying is that qualifying for a World Cup is good for the profile and development of any football team/country provided that they have a Football Federation with honest leadership that cares about their country's football that will plough most of the profits made back into football development rather than into their own pockets as our federation did!

In principle qualifying for a World Cup is good and should move a country's football forward but of course that is dependent on a good federation with honest leadership that actually cares about the country's football development and is accountable to the people!

Btw I am not taking away from any of the other points JC made about football development, just contending that qualifying for the World Cup could have been a big positive for us if we had the right folks at the helm!!
Yes i agree with that, but we not talking about why going to ah WC is good for ah country with ah competent honest federation, we talking bout why it isn't good for us, ah country with ah badoloo federation who can't even make ah MADAfackin peanut butter sandwich even if silvia hunt was over their shoulders teaching them how too.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2011, 12:55:14 PM »
I am not taking away from any of the other points JC made about football development, just contending that qualifying for the World Cup could have been a big positive for us if we had the right folks at the helm!!

Operative word!

1]; } ?>