May 11, 2024, 02:54:11 PM

Poll

Which are you more likely to choose to help raise funds for FPATT?

collection box in bar/office
2 (5.3%)
go to bank to make deposit
3 (7.9%)
attend fundraising match/lime
12 (31.6%)
buy FPATT clothing
5 (13.2%)
donation by post
4 (10.5%)
donation by card via iternet
11 (28.9%)
Would not donate
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: July 30, 2007, 04:00:37 PM

Author Topic: FPATT Thread  (Read 133295 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FPATT at the 2007 FIFPro Congress
« Reply #360 on: December 05, 2007, 03:06:27 AM »
FPATT, sorry I must have missed it, but how can we get those shirts?

We have them made to order. Once the much promised web site springs into life, you will be able to order them direct. We are also hoping to stock a limited range of FPATT clothing in a local sports shop.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: FPATT at the 2007 FIFPro Congress
« Reply #361 on: December 05, 2007, 05:26:25 AM »
Cool man ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Berry says FPATT should be less confrontational
« Reply #362 on: December 06, 2007, 12:09:33 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XYqbTlkXyG0
from 4:56-end

On the blacklist:

Thank the Lord because the last twelve months has been a joke. You know, the black list, the nonsense that's been going on has done nothing but put Trinidad & Tobago back five years. So I'm so pleased that the matter now seems to be resolved and that all our players are coming back into the fold, and let's look forward to a strong Trinidad & Tobago squad on February the 6th.

On ties between FPATT and TTFF:

Should have happened on day one. The only way that FPATT is ever going to be successful is to have a good harmonious relationship with TTFF. I think that the FPATT negotiations -- initial negotiations -- should have been handled a little more professionally. Obviously, because of the impasse and what have you there's been bad blood in the last twelve months. In Shaka Hislop they've got a great guy, a good friend of mine, and I'm sure he'll do the right thing. But everyone in the FPATT organization should be a little less confrontational, I would say, with the federation. And the only way, as I say, they're going to be successful is to work hand in hand with the federation, because there's no doubt in Jack Warner's mind, in the TTFF's mind, and certainly in my mind that FPATT is here to stay and is an important part of the future development of Trinidad & Tobago football.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Berry says FPATT should be less confrontational
« Reply #363 on: December 06, 2007, 12:31:50 PM »
In a strange way, I kinda have to agree with Berry in this instant.  What he said just take me back to when WIPA was formed and since then has always been confrontational.  There were a lot of accusations regarding this issue from a lot of people, however Ramnarine always appear to be confrontational with the WI board.  He get lil quiet now that WIPA have a position on the board too.

Not that I agree with someone from FPATT being a member of the TTFF board, but I figure it would be a long time in coming before Jackula allow that to happen.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 06, 2007, 01:51:39 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XYqbTlkXyG0
from 4:56-end

On the blacklist:

Thank the Lord because the last twelve months has been a joke. You know, the black list, the nonsense that's been going on has done nothing but put Trinidad & Tobago back five years. So I'm so pleased that the matter now seems to be resolved and that all our players are coming back into the fold, and let's look forward to a strong Trinidad & Tobago squad on February the 6th.

On ties between FPATT and TTFF:

Should have happened on day one. The only way that FPATT is ever going to be successful is to have a good harmonious relationship with TTFF. I think that the FPATT negotiations -- initial negotiations -- should have been handled a little more professionally. Obviously, because of the impasse and what have you there's been bad blood in the last twelve months. In Shaka Hislop they've got a great guy, a good friend of mine, and I'm sure he'll do the right thing. But everyone in the FPATT organization should be a little less confrontational, I would say, with the federation. And the only way, as I say, they're going to be successful is to work hand in hand with the federation, because there's no doubt in Jack Warner's mind, in the TTFF's mind, and certainly in my mind that FPATT is here to stay and is an important part of the future development of Trinidad & Tobago football.

What is he talking about?  To my knowledge, FPATT has had no negotiations with the TTFF.  They have not even been recognized by the TTFF.  It is the individual players that have sued and confronted the TTFF and only after Jack and the TTFF refused to negotiate and fired a volley of insults at the players.  Berrry needs to get his facts straight.  However, I do agree that when every thing is normalized and FPATT is officially recognized by the TTFF and FIFA that every effort should be made to avoid undue confrontation.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 06, 2007, 01:52:19 PM »
Well as far as I was concerned it was the TTFF holding things back, not the other way around. FPATT WAS trying to have a good relationship with the TTFF, but the federation refused to even acknowledge FPATT's existence. That doh sound like FPATT being confrontational to me
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 06, 2007, 01:52:40 PM »
In such a situation where Wrner et al was on the offensive, warranted FPATT to also they an attacking position. It was a very tumultous time and the federation was flexing their muscles. FPATT had to come out the gate hard or the federatiob would have just push them aside and the blacklist would have still been at the forefront of our football team. Some time ppl on response to force as did the federation, so all in all I will say their technique and approach worked.

The federation MUST understand that the kids glove are off, FPATT and by extension the players mean business and have come to expect a greater amount of respect from the TTFF.

FPATT thank you for the course you took to help ensure that we see our SUPERSTARS on the field representing the RED, WHITE and BLACK again.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #367 on: December 06, 2007, 02:18:54 PM »
I cant say that I recall FPATT being confrontational.
That come like yuh catch yuh pardna girl cheating on  him and when yuh say
"WHat the hell yuh doing"
she bawl
"well I cannot talk to you if thats how yuh gonna act and berate me!"

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 06, 2007, 02:45:42 PM »
We seem to forget the whole issue was about $5000 for playing in the world cup.
With that kind of treatment the issue is way past confrontational.

Is Carib bottle and big stone time  :rotfl:

Berry is a damn Theif anyway
Ask him how much money he make negotiating on "Behalf" of players.

The Player agent business needs regualtion the recent arrest in london is proff of this.

He vex because is lost funds while TT Football is in a mess

TrinInfinite

« Reply #369 on: December 06, 2007, 03:31:59 PM »
That come like yuh catch yuh pardna girl cheating on him and when yuh say
she bawl

priceless..... :rotfl: :rotfl: diz a boss one breddah...

God is de BOSS....

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 06, 2007, 04:04:18 PM »
That come like yuh catch yuh pardna girl cheating on  him and when yuh say
she bawl

:rotfl:  :applause:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 06, 2007, 04:06:52 PM »
Berry talking that way because he can't get any money. FPATT had to be less confrontational? He don't know who they dealing with or what? He just looking after his interests. His bread and butter dying up. Tell me which union don't play hardball against a hardball owner or employer? Even John Barnes sugar-coating the special advisor. They don't have the national team in their interest. They only interested in the individual who they can sell.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 06, 2007, 05:36:34 PM »
Berry needs to shut up. Yuh cyah be confrontational with peeps who eh recognize yuh.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 06, 2007, 06:19:51 PM »
In a strange way, I kinda have to agree with Berry in this instant.  What he said just take me back to when WIPA was formed and since then has always been confrontational.  There were a lot of accusations regarding this issue from a lot of people, however Ramnarine always appear to be confrontational with the WI board.  He get lil quiet now that WIPA have a position on the board too.

Not that I agree with someone from FPATT being a member of the TTFF board, but I figure it would be a long time in coming before Jackula allow that to happen.
Wait have we ALL not been seeing what has happened to our WC players.
Berry is RIGHT ??? ya disappoint meh Pardners......
but that is your right
FPATT have NOT even been recognised by Jackula who is a FIFA VP and FIFA WANTS players associations created.
Berry is a Jackula LACKIE
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FPATT looking forward to a productive 2008
« Reply #374 on: December 30, 2007, 07:56:11 AM »
FPATT looking forward to a productive 2008

FPATT are welcoming the new year and the start of a bright new era for football in Trinidad & Tobago.

President, Shaka Hislop said " 2007 has seen the emergence of FPATT as the voice not just of professional footballers in T&T, but also the islands football supporters. Now that we feel the Association is firmly established, we hope to carry the views of players and supporters alike to the authorities and help to shape the future of football in T&T"

FPATT was officially launched in May and since then has begun to consolidate the support of players both at home and abroad. "We had many unforseen obstacles to overcome" said Brent Sancho, one of the forces behind the creation of FPATT. "Lack of funds has been our main struggle. Its great to have the ideas, but without businesses donating funds, they will just remain as ideas."

International Development Manager, Kevin Harrison agreed. "Our one big disapointment has been the level of support from fans, both in T&T and in the UK. We organised 2 fun day matches in Trinidad & Tobago and two fundraising events in London. Although players like Stern John, Kenwyne Jones and Carlos Edwards attended, the turn out from the supporters was low. However, I must thank the efforts made by both the SocaWarriors.net and Warrior Nation websites and their members for their support this year."

Vice President Clayton Morris said the highlight of his first year with FPATT was the FIFPro conference in Barcelona. "  It was heartwarming to see the welcome and support we received from players associations from across the globe. We really felt we have been accepted into the global football family. It was also inspiring to recognise the power and respect now held in the hands of footballers through their unions."

Kelvin Jack, another co founder of FPATT looked forward to new developments. "We seriously feel that relations between FPATT and TTFF will improve in 2008. I think Mr Camps now realises that we do not intend to be confrontational towards the federation, but that we have the best interests of professional footballers at heart. This means that we need to assist both TTFF and the ProLeague in delivering a better product, both at home and on the International stage. A weak players association is no benefit to anyone."

President Hislop also announced the introduction of FPATTs new Marketing and Office Manager, Maya McMillan. "Maya is a fantastic addition to the team" said Hislop. " She has gained experience by working within both the private and public sectors in Trinidad. Her enthusiasm for football in T&T is unbounded. We feel that with someone like Maya on board, we can really reach out to the communities within T&T and start to give football back to the people, where it belongs."

FPATT optimistic.

Players’ association hopeful

« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 09:52:59 AM by Flex »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: FPATT looking forward to a productive 2008
« Reply #375 on: December 30, 2007, 01:35:10 PM »
Best of luck to you.

I am sure you guys will go from strength to strength.

I am confident that your efforts will change the landscape of TT football for ever.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 30, 2007, 09:41:23 PM »
Nice article. Good stuff. Good luck FPATT
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 31, 2007, 12:32:10 PM »
All yuh have meh support keep pluggin yuh go learn how Trinis does operate but doh give up
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 02, 2008, 11:42:06 AM »
Ah see this article was publish on the T&T Express. FPATT optimistic.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 02, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »
nice write up.

what is FPATT stance on the TTFF blacklist? it really over based on what the TTFF saying?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 02, 2008, 12:26:35 PM »
And have the TTFF officially recognized FPATT as the official body representing the players?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 02, 2008, 01:24:59 PM »

FPATT have written to Mr Camps requesting a meeting and Mr Camps has acknowledged receipt of our letter and indicated the this will be discussed by TTFF. We are hopeful that this will lead to a meeting.

I feel it is essential for us to sit down together and actually get to know each other and what each organisation hopes to achieve.

I have used this site to put across FPATT information and, at times, have aired my personal views. This is not always helpful, as the federation obviously takes note of this site and the comments made on it. There has been discussion about my postings here, but I have felt that we do not have the luxury of access to the press in the same way that the federation does. This has led to FPATT, and in particular, myself, as being described as confrontational.   However, I continue to believe it is essential that supporters understand FPATTs views and are kept up to date as much as possible.

FPATT was encouraged by Mike Berrys recent interview, in which Mike recognised the importance of a good working relationship between FPATT and TTFF.  We were also pleased to read that all players will be considered for selection for the forthcoming warm up matches.

Obviously, it will be difficult to determine whether some players will be omitted for reasons other than footballing ones.  Kelvin Jack hasn't played first team football for some time, although he has been available for selection all season and is training well. Brent Sancho is in a similar situation. However, both players will actually be in better shape than the local players, who obviously aren't training at the moment.

However, we are confident that the blacklist is behind us now and we can all move forward.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 02, 2008, 01:40:49 PM »
ALL the best to every single player in TnT
may 2008 bring us what is needed in TnT Football.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 02, 2008, 11:19:24 PM »
FPATT if u confrontational I is a cuss bud let Camps shut up and recognize FPATT. Is only exprsess dat carry d release. Guardian neva cover d backlist and Newsday cyah cover a drink up in a rum shop.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 03, 2008, 07:44:51 AM »
good FPATT...i am here if you need....but i into revoloution and ting....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 03, 2008, 08:42:07 AM »
This has led to FPATT, and in particular, myself, as being described as confrontational.   

...surprising.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 03, 2008, 09:52:33 AM »
FPATT, next time allya have a meeting wid TTFF just give dem dis greeting which is a traditional Trini greeting
ya ready
tell dem "haulallyacuddamuntsandgettokcufawayfromhere"
 :devil: :devil:

hear nuh, since de spetial advithore does come on here,
Jackula, where is de $173 Million TT, ya ole Towel Tief
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 10:33:52 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #387 on: January 03, 2008, 10:28:44 AM »
When do we expect the squad for Guadeloupe to be called up and will FPATT negotiate the match fees? Or is TTFF already trying to work things under the table without FPATT again?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 03, 2008, 10:50:15 AM »
When do we expect the squad for Guadeloupe to be called up and will FPATT negotiate the match fees? Or is TTFF already trying to work things under the table without FPATT again?

FPATT are hopeful that Mr Camps will invite us for talks to discuss this subject.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #389 on: January 03, 2008, 01:36:08 PM »
I have used this site to put across FPATT information and, at times, have aired my personal views. This is not always helpful, as the federation obviously takes note of this site and the comments made on it. There has been discussion about my postings here, but I have felt that we do not have the luxury of access to the press in the same way that the federation does. This has led to FPATT, and in particular, myself, as being described as confrontational.   However, I continue to believe it is essential that supporters understand FPATTs views and are kept up to date as much as possible.

You said you were going to change your handle so that people aren't confused by your personal postings as compared to "official" releases.  e.g.  People talking about this forum would say....."I saw on SW.net where FPATT said so and so".....now they talking about you and not the organization eh.....but it will come across like that is the organizations official view on things.  I think u should change your handle or have a separate one to differentiate when kevin speaking and when an FPATT officer is speaking.

But from what you have relayed on how things progressing...it doesn't sound unfamiliar.  It would be good if things can continue to get better.

1]; } ?>