May 09, 2024, 02:59:39 AM

Author Topic: Warner wants U-17s in Super League.  (Read 9250 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Warner wants U-17s in Super League.
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2007, 02:55:29 PM »
palos: The issues you mention (technical ability, speed of play and thought, etc) can be addressed by playing in the invitational tournaments (our own or others), and the clinics with specialized coaching that I mentioned. As well the training/nutrition/psychology, etc could be relatively easily handled in the academy setting with local or foreign experts. Having local coaches attend some of these sessions/clinics as well can help them better their own skills in the handling and development of their own teams.

Mind you, I'm not suggesting that we keep the players here if they are good enough to go pro/overseas academies. If they good enough and want to go, let them go, but stay in touch and monitor the progress. In the meantime fill the spot with another promising youngster.

BTW, I'm currently thinking that while 2010 would be nice, we're more likely to see the benefits of this past couple of years experiences (qualifying for 2 WCs) in 2014/2018. But only if we manage the development of the youngsters out there now.

I eh tryin to shoot down yuh idea eh.  Matter of fact, in an ideal world, that is exactly what I will advocate.  But we livin in dis REAL WORLD.  And in dis world, TTFF will screw up a sex in a ho house far less organise a proper practice match fuh we national teams.  Academy?  Dat eh happenin, as nice and as necessary as dat would be.  Dem forever bawlin dem eh have no money to do dis and dat.  All of a sudden dey go get de finances, not to mention de organisational wherewithall to make dat happen?

I supportin yuh ideas but is de execution of it I seriously doubt.  Especially in de current environment.  Knowin what we workin with, if we TRULY serious about wantin to compete with teams at the International level, I believe we have to place the best and most talented of our young players in an environment geared to professionalism. DAT not happenin in T&T at the moment which is why I advocate those "elite" to go NOW....before dey pick up even more bad habits.

Wit respect to de rest....do the best we can.  If that means putting them in Super League or PFL etc....so be it.  Better than intercol.

Respeck due as always.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 02:58:21 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2007, 03:48:29 PM »
palos: The issues you mention (technical ability, speed of play and thought, etc) can be addressed by playing in the invitational tournaments (our own or others), and the clinics with specialized coaching that I mentioned. As well the training/nutrition/psychology, etc could be relatively easily handled in the academy setting with local or foreign experts. Having local coaches attend some of these sessions/clinics as well can help them better their own skills in the handling and development of their own teams.

Mind you, I'm not suggesting that we keep the players here if they are good enough to go pro/overseas academies. If they good enough and want to go, let them go, but stay in touch and monitor the progress. In the meantime fill the spot with another promising youngster.

BTW, I'm currently thinking that while 2010 would be nice, we're more likely to see the benefits of this past couple of years experiences (qualifying for 2 WCs) in 2014/2018. But only if we manage the development of the youngsters out there now.

I eh tryin to shoot down yuh idea eh.  Matter of fact, in an ideal world, that is exactly what I will advocate.  But we livin in dis REAL WORLD.  And in dis world, TTFF will screw up a sex in a ho house far less organise a proper practice match fuh we national teams.  Academy?  Dat eh happenin, as nice and as necessary as dat would be.  Dem forever bawlin dem eh have no money to do dis and dat.  All of a sudden dey go get de finances, not to mention de organisational wherewithall to make dat happen?

I supportin yuh ideas but is de execution of it I seriously doubt.  Especially in de current environment.  Knowin what we workin with, if we TRULY serious about wantin to compete with teams at the International level, I believe we have to place the best and most talented of our young players in an environment geared to professionalism. DAT not happenin in T&T at the moment which is why I advocate those "elite" to go NOW....before dey pick up even more bad habits.

Wit respect to de rest....do the best we can.  If that means putting them in Super League or PFL etc....so be it.  Better than intercol.

Respeck due as always.

Ah hearing yuh and trust me we eh dat far apart in how we thinking! :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2007, 08:21:23 PM »
Dis being TNT and d TTFF I expect every man Jack will b in d SSFL
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>