May 17, 2024, 06:52:36 PM

Author Topic: Racism in football Thread.  (Read 210015 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: most racist country
« Reply #300 on: March 27, 2006, 01:25:25 PM »
i glad i doh live there just because of the name of the place. never went there either.

is your name Dick Weiner?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 27, 2006, 01:29:39 PM »
i glad i doh live there just because of the name of the place. never went there either.

I live in ATL for 4 years...

wha bout yuh driving up to Buckhead to go Lenox Mall... and de exit sign for de 400 saying:

Buckhead
                    Cumming
                    1 Mile

LOL  :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 27, 2006, 01:31:08 PM »

is because ah the name why I move dey ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 27, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »
we need to organize a ATL soca warriors lime/small goal. me eh know no trini's here though. i think they in hiding in the corporate glass towers.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 27, 2006, 01:57:46 PM »

I live in ATL for 4 years...

wha bout yuh driving up to Buckhead to go Lenox Mall... and de exit sign for de 400 saying:

Buckhead
                    Cumming
                    1 Mile

LOL  :rotfl:

I was wukkin dong dey for a couple weeks last year...I drivin troo buckhead headin fuh downtown...I see dat sign and remember thinkin "boy dis is such ah nice upscale area, how dem go have dat stink sign rong here so?'"   :D

wow...dis thread eh playin it zig off on ah whole next tangent....
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 27, 2006, 02:22:19 PM »
america so freggin racist

it have blacks from the south who doh like blacks from de north who doh like de midwest blacks who doh like de blacks from de west.

no race gets along in harmony here

maybe in new york and florida but as far as the country goes

take ah roadtrip and see fuh yuhself

Is this an example of racism? the only people you mentioned here are blacks.

its and example of extreme racism because they were convinced that they were actually different people.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 27, 2006, 02:30:22 PM »
yea i up for an Atl small goal meet up, who organising?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 27, 2006, 02:32:16 PM »
i know of 3 decent open fields.

1. noonday park, marietta (FRESH TURF!)
2. terell mill park, marietta
3. piedmont park, downtown

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 27, 2006, 02:57:07 PM »
i know of 3 decent open fields.

1. noonday park, marietta (FRESH TURF!)
2. terell mill park, marietta
3. piedmont park, downtown

de first 2 fields cool...Piedmont Pk is bullaman territory.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 27, 2006, 03:51:31 PM »

they doh come on the football fields. it is have some nice looking woman taking sun on near them though.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 27, 2006, 04:47:39 PM »
it hav some real chupid f**kkin trini on this site who does adore f**kkin american.copycat this copycat that.AMERICA IS AH RACIST f**kKIN COUNTRY.accordin to morvant,just drive tru de states like ohio and iowa and carolina.they doh even like they own f**kkin people.

lewwe move big and done this nuh. we starting to sound lil' crazy. no need to insult yuh own people capodetutticapi. everyone here agrees there is a lot of racism in america...we all said that..clear and bold. that was not the issue with the post. even if you disagree with someone's opinion...why yuh hadda move on all dat hate. yuh accusin' americans of dislikin their own people and yuh movin' the same way..

peace nah man. i not on no dread scenes with nobody and i eh pretending to judge nobody based on a few lines they might write in a post. have a  :beermug: :beermug: on me and we go bounce up on a next therad and talk some ball instead
filho yuh know wuh is my biggest grouse in life,yuh know wuh does make meh blood boil.HYPOCRISY.everybody does want to look up to usa as a great nation with high values and high standard of livin,but the truth is america,is wolf in sheep clothin.they want iran and korea to stop makin nukes but yet they(usa)makin them.they not only makin nukes,they makin chemical and biological as well.that is beside the point.they fightin terrorism,go after bin laden,why target iraq.saddam had nothin to do with wtc.and in my opinion osama really had nothin to do in wtc.he is ah pawn.people does want to worship usa,dis place worse than sodom and gomorra.man marryin man,woman bullin 10 year old,man downloadin children gettin rape,wuh de fuk is dis.these people too fukkin evil.de typical american in my book is mentally retarded.they quicker take better care of ah dog or ah cyat than feed hungry lil children.dis place only good fuh one thing.work.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 27, 2006, 05:18:15 PM »

filho yuh know wuh is my biggest grouse in life,yuh know wuh does make meh blood boil.HYPOCRISY.everybody does want to look up to usa as a great nation with high values and high standard of livin,but the truth is america,is wolf in sheep clothin.they want iran and korea to stop makin nukes but yet they(usa)makin them.they not only makin nukes,they makin chemical and biological as well.that is beside the point.they fightin terrorism,go after bin laden,why target iraq.saddam had nothin to do with wtc.and in my opinion osama really had nothin to do in wtc.he is ah pawn.people does want to worship usa,dis place worse than sodom and gomorra.man marryin man,woman bullin 10 year old,man downloadin children gettin rape,wuh de f**k is dis.these people too f**kkin evil.de typical american in my book is mentally retarded.they quicker take better care of ah dog or ah cyat than feed hungry lil children.dis place only good fuh one thing.work.

Boss there will always be evils in every society......but in the midst of the evils yuh could find some good too.....you live here in the States, so you obviously found some good (in addition to workin'...I'm sure you have a life outside of work)....so just do you....doh study anybody, and doh let yuh blood boil unless yuh willing to do something about it.....seen ?

People who seem to "worship" the States, might seem blind to the evils that you talk about, but they're probably just more concerned with focussing on the good that can be found in the midst of it, and being positive..........Better off giving them the benefit of the doubt and carrying on doing your thing.......than assuming worse, getting worked up.... and spewin' hate......

That's how I see it. bless....... :beermug:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 05:25:53 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 27, 2006, 05:23:34 PM »

filho yuh know wuh is my biggest grouse in life,yuh know wuh does make meh blood boil.HYPOCRISY.everybody does want to look up to usa as a great nation with high values and high standard of livin,but the truth is america,is wolf in sheep clothin.they want iran and korea to stop makin nukes but yet they(usa)makin them.they not only makin nukes,they makin chemical and biological as well.that is beside the point.they fightin terrorism,go after bin laden,why target iraq.saddam had nothin to do with wtc.and in my opinion osama really had nothin to do in wtc.he is ah pawn.people does want to worship usa,dis place worse than sodom and gomorra.man marryin man,woman bullin 10 year old,man downloadin children gettin rape,wuh de f**k is dis.these people too f**kkin evil.de typical american in my book is mentally retarded.they quicker take better care of ah dog or ah cyat than feed hungry lil children.dis place only good fuh one thing.work.

Boss there will always be evils in every society......but in the midst of the evils yuh could find some good too.....you live here in the States, so you obviously found some good (in addition to workin'...I'm sure you have a life outside of work)....so just do you....doh study anybody, and doh let yuh blood boil unless yuh willing to do something about it.....seen ?

People who seem to "worship" the States, might seem blind to the evils that you talk about, but they're probably just more concerned with focussing on the good that can be found in the midst of it, and being positive..........Better off giving them the benefit of the doubt and carrying on doing your thing.......than assuming worse. getting workd up.... and spewin' hate......

yuh have ah valid point.if ah really take them on ah might dead b4 meh time.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 27, 2006, 05:36:29 PM »

they doh come on the football fields. it is have some nice looking woman taking sun on near them though.

WELL AH IN DAT

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 27, 2006, 07:45:29 PM »

People who seem to "worship" the States, might seem blind to the evils that you talk about, but they're probably just more concerned with focussing on the good that can be found in the midst of it, and being positive..........Better off giving them the benefit of the doubt and carrying on doing your thing.......than assuming worse. getting workd up.... and spewin' hate......

yuh have ah valid point.if ah really take them on ah might dead b4 meh time.

peace :beermug:

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 28, 2006, 12:54:20 AM »

he there pompey,kicker.

I have my information from a coloured(heard that was a freak out word in the usa,pffff)girl who was raised in holland and now lives with her american husband in the usa.a better example you cant get i think.

but ok ,no problemo!
everybody has got his/her own opinion about this.

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 04, 2006, 01:58:45 PM »
this thread is kinda ironic since it will expose our own biases and ignorance...most have no clue what they are talking about and their answers to this question are based on guessing and broad generalizations...every country has a racist element...do not let the press tell you who is more racist than who. just because their is less racism in a football stadium does not say squat about the attitudes of the general public.....I've been to a lot of places and the greatest racism I have ever experienced is in Brazil...but Brazil does not have a particularly racist reputation, and I certainly do not think there is more racism there than anywhere else. Racists from their ignorant opinions by using broad generalizations and using a few negative examples and attributing it to everyone of a certain ilk...and that is exactly what we doing on this thread....

Funny you should say Brazil. My cousin (he's there right now) have been going to Brazil every year now for the past 5-6 years for the winter (3-4 months). The main reason he goes there other than he now has a house there is the fact that as he says "it the most comfortable place i've ever been.. he claims that white, black green blue.. all live better together, than he's ever experienced. Even better than the way he remembered it being in trinidad. He says that he does not get the feeling that he's black. or judged or identified by the colour of his skin or the curl of his hair. He referred to by his name and not his features (the black guy).

I'll have to ask him when we speak next if his judgment is based on his eyes being clouded by all the bubblenuts.. on the copa beaches.

Thank God yuh cousin living happy in Brazil. Buh lemme tell yuh sumting...Brazil have over 240 color gardations and guess who is always at the bottom on the list...Blacks.  It eh sumting nice to know buh tings changing...it bong tuh change out dey because is black and mixtures of black playing ball out dey. Yuh say whatever, buh anywhere yuh go where there is white and black, there will be some form of discrimination on both sides of the fence.  And what about T&T? Yuh tink dem French Creoles and Shackoblanc (whitey cacaroach) Backra Johnnie's eh racist? Yuh tink dem Chinee and dem eh racist? Yuh tink dem fair-skinned Indo-trinidadians want anyting tuh do with dey own black Indians? Some people does look like dey eh racist buh jes tell dem dat yuh in love wid dey son or daughter then yuh go see wey barley grow. Always remember the words of the Master: Be wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove...

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 04, 2006, 02:26:44 PM »
as this thread has popped up again, can i say thanks for talking about Crash.

I watched it the other night and thought it was a brilliant film. Really clever, without trying to sound like a film critic, they used irony brilliantly to show the hypocrisy or racism.

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
Eto'o's great belly
« Reply #318 on: April 17, 2006, 02:17:27 AM »
Eto'o's great belly
Fazeer Mohammed

Monday, April 17th 2006

Samuel Eto'o has real belly, boy.

The prolific striker won't be at the World Cup finals this year after Cameroon were eliminated in a heartbreaking finale to their qualifying campaign last October. Yet despite that crushing disappointment, he continues to get the better of some of the most accomplished defenders in the world, scoring 24 goals so far this season for runaway Spanish league leaders Barcelona.

But my admiration for him has more to with his intestinal fortitude in the face of almost constant racial abuse in the Primera Liga than his obvious skill at the very highest level. It is a triumph of his character to become one of the best strikers in the world in an environment where racist taunting by spectators - and even other players-is treated with nothing more than token resistance by administrators who proudly pat themselves on the back as guardians of the beautiful game.

Just consider what Eto'o and so many non-white players plying their trade throughout Europe have to endure.

In Spain, where a prominent coach was so comfortable in the country's festering environment of intolerance that he felt no remorse over his disparaging remarks towards a black opponent, it is almost a national pastime to spend an afternoon cheering for the home team and insulting players from Africa and the Middle East in the most vile terms possible.

Monkey chants, bananas being thrown onto the field and a host of verbal insults are all part of the fare in a land that delights in portraying itself as a bastion of Western enlightenment and civility. Most times, the victims of the abuse are consoled by the backing of their teammates and the belief that it is only a vocal minority who are stooping to the level of the gutter.

But every now and then, it becomes too much to bear.

Earlier this season, Eto'o could take it no more in a game at Real Zaragoza. The intensity and persistent nature of the tirade from thousands of animals in the stands was such that he wanted to leave the field there and then, only staying on and continuing with the game at the urging of teammates, officials and opponents. Only two weeks ago, in Barcelona's visit to Racing Santander, the treatment was the same.

And what has been the response from Primera Liga officials to all of this?

Zaragoza were fined the princely sum of US$10,890, while Santander's coffers were supposed to have been depleted by the sum of US$7,260. The combined totals of those fines would only amount to a fraction of a top footballer's weekly wages and, of course, this is all assuming that the penalties were actually enforced given that almost everyone has the right of appeal against any punishment.

So if the Spanish are happily treating this disgraceful practice with kid gloves, it is only reasonable to expect that the world body, FIFA, whose motto is "For the Good of the Game," are coming down on their affiliates like a ton of bricks.

Nothing of the sort. In fact, if a player ingests a banned substance, inadvertently or otherwise, he can be suspended from the game for more than a year. But if spectators at a particular venue become habitual in abusing players or other spectators on the basis of the colour of their skin, the worse that they can expect is a financial penalty that roughly amounts to the cost of the total amount of popcorn sold on a given afternoon.

The Spaniards can take consolation in the fact that they are not alone in Europe in effectively condoning racists in their terraces. For all of the superficial sloganeering about "Kicking Out Racism" and that sort of thing, bigotry remains alive and well in arenas from the westernmost tip of England to the easternmost point in Russia.

A story in yesterday's Express described the treatment meted out to a Brazilian player, Vava, by opposing players and supporters in Bulgaria.

In France, Holland, Germany and England-all countries at the vanguard of the sort of progressive thinking that we are told are characteristic of the developed world - football stadia are magnets for the scum of society while officialdom tries to pretend it isn't all that bad.

To be fair, from their point of view, it is really no big deal because the ones targeted for abuse and insults are just a bunch of minorities anyway. There is no need for any major upheaval because the game is still flourishing as a multi-billion-dollar business, so even FIFA, ensconced in their headquarters in sophisticated and cultured Zurich, hardly feel the game is threatened by a few "n" words and the occasional brawl.

So how do you get the football jefes to rake the clubs of offending supporters over the coals? That's a tough one, because unless the people of real power and influence are themselves the victims of such vitriol, then there is no real motivation to respond.

The most basic instinct in mankind is self-preservation, and until the power-brokers of football are made to feel the deep personal offence of racist abuse, they will continue to respond with a superficiality that amounts to nothing more than tacit approval of such reprehensible behaviour.

Either that, or Eto'o and others not just threatening to walk off the field, but really doing it on a stage where it will really make an impact, like the finals of the Champions League or World Cup.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eto'o's great belly
« Reply #319 on: April 17, 2006, 06:59:29 AM »
Dais ah hell of a vicious circle oui

Club owners need the ticket paying rednecks to be able to offer big contracts,,,, star players big contracts getting paid from ticket sales funded by same rednecks.

Tough call for all involved
...at some point, dignity hadda flex over de money
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eto'o's great belly
« Reply #320 on: April 17, 2006, 07:11:07 AM »
Dem jokey fines dem does be giving dem club does make you want to wonder if dey serious. Real small money. From the time they start loosing points, yuh go see how dey go shape up. And one ting does drive Eto'o......pure bad mind. After how Real treat him....all dem rasict noises.......he damn bitter and dat does cause him to perform. When he being outspoken because of it ppl does want to call de man arrogant and ting. You ever notice how fired up he does be for the classico?? How he does act when he score against real?? Bad Mind IYMC!! I remember a time he say "Beckham might be better looking.....but I am a better player....on the field, which one really matters??"  :rotfl:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This is sad......racism has to stop
« Reply #321 on: June 08, 2006, 10:38:51 AM »
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: This is sad......racism has to stop
« Reply #322 on: June 08, 2006, 10:45:03 AM »
No justifying it and hopefully not something we will see at the world cup. It just sticks in the throat a bit when it's the americans trying to take the moral high ground on racism. ::)

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 08, 2006, 10:47:57 AM »
Nice
Ive got tickets to Italy/Ghana in the Italy federation section
You guys think i should be worried??

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 08, 2006, 11:00:10 AM »
Nice

they might give funny looks but nothing to worry about......theres alot of italians that go to my college....sometimes when i wear my italy del piero jersey they all give me funny looks......half of them wear italia football jackets,  bags or t-shirts but i know none of them dont even know their own squad going to de WC.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 08, 2006, 11:01:46 AM »
Nice

they might give funny looks but nothing to worry about......theres alot of italians that go to my college....sometimes when i wear my italy del piero jersey they all give me funny looks......half of them wear italia football jackets,  bags or t-shirts but i know none of them dont even know their own squad going to de WC.

thanks for the feedback, me i more fraid the italian hooligan than any other set

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 08, 2006, 11:05:43 AM »
No justifying it and hopefully not something we will see at the world cup. It just sticks in the throat a bit when it's the americans trying to take the moral high ground on racism. ::)

who do you suggest take the high moral ground ?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 08, 2006, 11:11:39 AM »
Nice

thanks for the feedback, me i more fraid the italian hooligan than any other set

well boy, look like de english still have the champoinship...but polish and germans runnin close second

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1149285033712&call_pageid=968332188492&StarSource=RSS

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 08, 2006, 11:15:58 AM »
Eh ...........I used to back Italy hard back in Trinidad from 1986 - 1993..............That changed abruptly for WC 94. There supporters in Canada real racist, after that meh nah back them at alllllllllllll.....I lose off a dem real bad. They are the Potugese are the worst for smiling up and bad talking black people .......

Yeah Racism have to stop especailly wid Football

MickeyRat

« Reply #329 on: June 08, 2006, 11:17:30 AM »
Ah hope France get to play Spain

1]; } ?>