May 15, 2024, 08:04:42 PM

Author Topic: No pre-sold W/Cup tickets, say TTFF  (Read 2042 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
No pre-sold W/Cup tickets, say TTFF
« on: January 22, 2006, 09:07:56 PM »
No pre-sold W/Cup tickets, say TTFF.
T&T Express Reports.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) have been allocated less than one-third of the 34,777 tickets requested as a qualifying nation for the 2006 football World Cup in Germany in June.
A media release yesterday from the (TTFF) quoted the number tickets as 10,769, noting also that "there have been no pre-sold tickets" and that successful applicants will be informed of the status of their applications by Thursday.
The release also disclosed that FIFA have also advised applicants to follow the instructions given by football's World governing body, and that "failure to do so shall result in the automatic loss of the said approval".
Persons purchasing tickets have also been asked to submit the name, passport number, date of birth and nationality of each ticket holder as tickets are being personalised, and 50 per cent of the cost of the ticket must be paid by February 2, with a March 2 deadline for payment of the second half.
On February 3, there will be a second allocation of tickets if an approved ticket purchaser fails to meet the initial deadline for downpayment.
According to the TTFF release, "As stated by FIFA, tickets will be personalised for security reasons. This measure is intended to support the basic principle of a fair and open sales procedure. It will also serve as an effective deterrent to black market trading. However, the embedded chip will store access information only. Personal information such as names will not be stored.'"
The TTFF have warned that should T&T fail to make it to the second round of the tournament, the right to use conditional tickets for second round matches "will be lost, and a refund will be provided".
The TTFF have also established a special ticket bureau at the TT/Germany 2006 Ltd office at 102 St Vincent St, Port of Spain for the processing of all successful applications. The bureau can be contacted at 627-1029, 625-8607 or via fax at 627-3304.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 08:29:48 AM by Flex »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: No pre-sold W/Cup tickets, say TTFF
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 09:17:18 PM »
somebody care to explain all this?

They talking bout TTFF tickets or FIFA Lottery tickets?
so what if you apply to both TTFF and FIFA?..is that cause to get your application voided?
What does TTFF consider an application?..the copybook thing?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 09:34:54 PM »
Persons purchasing tickets have also been asked to submit the name, passport number, date of birth and nationality of each ticket holder as tickets are being personalised, and 50 per cent of the cost of the ticket must be paid by February 2, with a March 2 deadline for payment of the second half

so how did one "apply" to the TTFF?

Going down and getting yuh name in the scribble book like what big mag did????
Big MAg did you give dem your passport number etc?
Feliz when you called and left your name did they take all the info from you??
when was the official application? and the official forms??

Steupps

this is just more bull shit talk to cover up when they come out and say nobody getting tickets

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 09:40:24 PM »
thats what i wondering now
when i call they just take meh name..i had to 'offer' meh address and email lol
it going to boil down that nobody application was done the right way or we lose out cause of some FIFA technicality..steups

i calling in the morning also lol

where they get that 30,000+ figure also?
Feliz

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 09:43:36 PM »
allyuh wanna bet 75% of that 10,000 will be for the Paraguay game?  ;D
Feliz

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 09:46:22 PM »
this to me seem just like a technicality they put out to make it look like they being legit and following FIFA protocol
Dem eh give no application or nothing so i guess Simpaul d only people who fill out the thing correct and will get tickets..

HEY FUENTES PUT AN APPLICATION ON YOUR TTFF SITE NAH MAN   :rotfl:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 09:48:12 PM by ricky »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 10:10:39 PM »
Let me ask you all something:

Isn't the job of a p.r. guy or 'media officer' to give the public vital information like this? i havent heard one official release on how to apply for these tickets from the ttff!

ttff said a statement would be made, but i didnt think it would come from another source.
how can foreign-based apply?
its really disheartening to read these upcoming deadlines for applying when this is the first we hear of it. until i hear something from the ttff im gonna keep posting every day asking where the info is. because there are alot of questions to be answered on the subject.

i hope its no scribble book again.
Hart for president

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 10:49:16 PM »
it going to boil down that nobody application was done the right way or we lose out cause of some FIFA technicality..steups

Most likely they will take that info when the money is passing.

where they get that 30,000+ figure also?

They probably requested tickets up to the finals. The 10,000 figure is about the first three games plus a little extra that moght cover the knockout stages.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline bill

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 03:39:41 AM »
Article is correct. TTFA ticket applications done close off. It have two lists, first list is special and is for men who know someone in TTFA and most of them getting trough. The second list is for the man on the street who call in early and leave name and details, and if it have any left over from de first list dey go get something.
But both list done close off... application process is already finished!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 06:48:25 AM »
Article is correct. TTFA ticket applications done close off. It have two lists, first list is special and is for men who know someone in TTFA and most of them getting trough. The second list is for the man on the street who call in early and leave name and details, and if it have any left over from de first list dey go get something.
But both list done close off... application process is already finished!

That what they mean by application process?  Steups!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 07:24:21 AM »
I heard a while back since after the Bahrain game men was going and putting their name down for Tickets in the TTFF office.

I think I read that on this site here.

So that must be what they talking about.

Men want to make a set of noise but in truth and in Fact is only well off people really go get tickets any way

because money will pass some how either inside sponsors liks TSTT will get first dips or Govt leaders will get first dips.

Just like with the Bahrain match that sell out way way before tickets even went on sale.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 09:37:35 AM »
Has anyone seen the original TTFF press release mentioned in the article? edit: never mind I see arrow's post.
unbelievable that this is what they consider an application process.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 09:44:39 AM by e-man »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 09:45:11 AM »
it's posted on the new website http://www.socawarriorstt.com

1]; } ?>