May 17, 2024, 12:09:06 PM

Author Topic: Canadian Based - Westjet.  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Canadian Based - Westjet.
« on: September 16, 2012, 04:44:04 AM »
Ladies and gents not sure if you all already know, but westjet (http://www.westjet.com) now fly to Trinidad. Cost me about $250 less than Caribbean airlines for the carnival season. My sister booked 2 weeks back and it was $350 less than Caribbean airlines at that time. 40 lb limit and no inservice meal, but at least we have more options now. Additionally, if you've never flown with westjet before, I've found their service to be good.

BTW, you can also ask your travel agent about flights with Canjet (can't make a booking on their website). Supposedly they're also flying to Trinidad now.

One of the good thing about westjet is that you can cancel your flight up to 2 hrs prior to departure. You'll get a credit for another flight (within the yr), and you only lose $50 off your original ticket price. Plus you can also transfer tickets from one name to another if you want (have to be in the same family..I think).

I try to be patriotic, but is like Caribbean airlines want us to pay for their purchase of Air Jamaica (ridiculous prices on flights from toronto). So I say.. eff them.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Canadian Based - Westjet.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 07:36:26 AM »
Pack ah roti and yuh good to go.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »
Ladies and gents not sure if you all already know, but westjet (http://www.westjet.com) now fly to Trinidad. Cost me about $250 less than Caribbean airlines for the carnival season. My sister booked 2 weeks back and it was $350 less than Caribbean airlines at that time. 40 lb limit and no inservice meal, but at least we have more options now. Additionally, if you've never flown with westjet before, I've found their service to be good.

BTW, you can also ask your travel agent about flights with Canjet (can't make a booking on their website). Supposedly they're also flying to Trinidad now.

One of the good thing about westjet is that you can cancel your flight up to 2 hrs prior to departure. You'll get a credit for another flight (within the yr), and you only lose $50 off your original ticket price. Plus you can also transfer tickets from one name to another if you want (have to be in the same family..I think).

I try to be patriotic, but is like Caribbean airlines want us to pay for their purchase of Air Jamaica (ridiculous prices on flights from toronto). So I say.. eff them.

whoa.... :beermug:

Glad to see some competition. maybe Caribbean airlines will drop their prices now..
whey boy!

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 12:06:57 AM »
Thanx Jumbie for dat bligh....always open tuh competition...

Patriotism have nothing tuh do with it.....if dem same airlines didnt dig out we eye for profit...I woulda say dey patriotic too....so I with u on tis.

Dey too damn watless!!
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 08:45:48 AM »
allyuh getting tie up, jumbie they tie yuh foot like market crab bro

i check some dates with west jet and compared it to caribbean and caribbean is cheaper on certain days by almost 70-100 dollars...

dont believe the hype...

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 09:54:46 AM »
allyuh getting tie up, jumbie they tie yuh foot like market crab bro

i check some dates with west jet and compared it to caribbean and caribbean is cheaper on certain days by almost 70-100 dollars...

dont believe the hype...

jus so? I'm telling you my experience man.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 07:36:58 PM »
Does delta and continental still fly to trinidad from NY?

CAL have good service, but only in first class, that's about it, also their ground staff sucks bison cock big time! they are mean antogonistic and down right rudeeee!!

the only reason i still fly them is bc of the terror business and that they would be least of the lot to get caught up in the mad jihadist pathway. 

apart from that, and the fact that they take pride in air craft maintenance and their "EX BEE WEE" pilots who are excellent fly boys who pride themselves on safty, that is the only reason they still get my coins, or else i woulda jump ship long time ago.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 10:37:02 PM »
Caribbean Airlines cancelled all my miles because I didn't fly with them for the past 2 years. Miles going back to BWIA days I lost. Over 90000 miles they cancel from me. Patriotism my ass. They could take my flag and stick it up their unprofitable and inefficient cunnyholes.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 11:23:23 PM »
Caribbean Airlines cancelled all my miles because I didn't fly with them for the past 2 years. Miles going back to BWIA days I lost. Over 90000 miles they cancel from me. Patriotism my a

ss. They could take my flag and stick it up their unprofitable and inefficient cunnyholes.

Almost every airline in the world would`ve done that. This is why I make the odd CC purchase to keep my Air Canada miles going.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 08:04:11 AM »
Does delta and continental still fly to trinidad from NY?

CAL have good service, but only in first class, that's about it, also their ground staff sucks bison cock big time! they are mean antogonistic and down right rudeeee!!

the only reason i still fly them is bc of the terror business and that they would be least of the lot to get caught up in the mad jihadist pathway. 

apart from that, and the fact that they take pride in air craft maintenance and their "EX BEE WEE" pilots who are excellent fly boys who pride themselves on safty, that is the only reason they still get my coins, or else i woulda jump ship long time ago

But JC, those are some damn good reasons to continue flying with them. As long as CAL maintains their high safety standards they will always get my dollars. Though I personally never had any probs with their ground crew or cabin crew, I understand how their poor customer service attitude could be a turn-off....but their attitudes are simply a reflection of the poor customer service standards that exist in T&T....so when you step on a CAL aircraft consider yourself already in sweet T&T  ;).

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 10:46:02 AM »
personally i have had good and bad experiences with CAL..especially when i was flying home from the states. But i had a lot more bad experiences with continental when i used to fly with them.
But right now in the UK I can't be sure when CAL flying as they seem to make changes to their schedule too often so my flight home done booked wit BA..Plus BA have more leg room
Back in Trini...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 11:15:06 AM »
personally i have had good and bad experiences with CAL..especially when i was flying home from the states. But i had a lot more bad experiences with continental when i used to fly with them.
But right now in the UK I can't be sure when CAL flying as they seem to make changes to their schedule too often so my flight home done booked wit BA..Plus BA have more leg room

Boi CA change my flight 2 d UK so much that I was landing 1000 am d morning I was 2 b in d Olympic stadium. I had 2 buy another ticket and flly wit Monarch of all people who when I ready 2 leave Gatwick tell me my handbag is my hand luggage. So nxt time I crossing d Atlantic like 06 will be BA.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>