May 16, 2024, 02:32:12 PM

Author Topic: Portsmouth wants Kenwyne  (Read 3243 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Portsmouth wants Kenwyne
« on: October 29, 2007, 08:59:17 AM »
Portsmouth are said to be lining up a swoop for Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones and could offer David Nugent as part of the deal.

Jones has been a revelation since Black Cats boss Roy Keane brought him in from Southampton just before the transfer deadline and he was on target again at the weekend during the 1-1 draw with Fulham.

Other clubs are starting to show an interest in the player and, according to reports, Pompey boss Harry Redknapp wants to get him on board at Fratton Park in January.

Keane is unlikely to entertain the idea of letting Jones move on but Redknapp hopes to persuade the Irishman by throwing one-time Cats target Nugent in as part of the deal.

Keane pulled out of a deal for Nugent in the summer before he signed for Pompey but Redknapp is keen to get rid as he has struggled to settle on the south coast.

Sunderland are unlikely to be interested now and would no doubt sooner stick with Jones who has banged in four league goals so far this season.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/articles/644853.html

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Portsmouth wants Kenwyne
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 09:02:15 AM »
WDAID dread! Is a avalanche of a gold rush orwah?.  :rotfl:  T&T :thumbsup:

All Kenwyne ha to do is print .... "soca, pan, T&T investments, Caribbean Airlnes, Plymouth jazz Festival, T&T Carnival" on he back an' is no turing back with de ripple effect". Boom time.

Trinis doh know what dey have nah..
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 09:11:08 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 09:17:17 AM »
speculation
 speculation

keane aint sellin he no time soon

and i doubt kenwyne go wanna leave sunderland where he is a sure start

however portsmouth close to southhampton and close to home so he might consider it in the future

'and who say portsmouth fans want a former southhampton player inn their ranks
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 09:38:41 AM »
Given that he already play for Southampton dis year/season, league rules say he can't go play for a third team. Dey should know better dan dat.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 09:51:28 AM »
mose u mind telling me where i caan find these league rules
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 09:55:51 AM »
Jones not moving unless Seunderland go down.  Keane not parting with one of the biggest peices to his puzzle.  Nugent is a forgotten man now.  If he keeps scoring this way, he will be with a more established PEL team mext season.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 10:24:31 AM »
Couldn't tell you. Just remember that it was an issue when Mascherano wanted to move to liverpool last season. In the end he was allowed an exception because the south american season has a different timetable.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 10:31:56 AM »
steups
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 10:42:46 AM »
Couldn't tell you. Just remember that it was an issue when Mascherano wanted to move to liverpool last season. In the end he was allowed an exception because the south american season has a different timetable.
Did a quick search. My bad, apparently is FIFA rules not league rules. You can check the story with Mascherano here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6230031.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6379977.stm
Fifa granted dispensation for Mascherano to make the move at the start of the month, despite the fact he has already played for two clubs since 1 July last year - Corinthians and West Ham.

Under Fifa rules, a footballer cannot play competitively for more than two different clubs between 1 July and 30 June the following year.

However, dispensation was granted after Fifa took into consideration the fact that the South American and European seasons overlap.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 11:55:50 AM »
speculation
 speculation

keane aint sellin he no time soon

and i doubt kenwyne go wanna leave sunderland where he is a sure start

however portsmouth close to southhampton and close to home so he might consider it in the future

'and who say portsmouth fans want a former southhampton player inn their ranks

The fans wouldn't care...after all they take back Redknapp after he walk out on them to go straight to Southampton.

Also it is questionable how much Redknapp rated Jones when he was there. He sent him out on loan twice and I don't think he started any games.

Plus Portsmouth is a smaller club than Sunderland, and Nugent turned down Sunderland to go to Portsmouth, can't see Quinn and Keane selling Jones on to them.

I would be surprised if this one has any merit.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 12:00:57 PM »
yeah a move to Portsmouth from Sunderland is a move in the wrong direction. Portsmouth doing good but because of their history they will never always be like Bolton or West Ham under Redknapp: 6th and Uefa cup appearances.

Sunderland have pedigree and in the next 3 years they could be a BIG side again cause Keano is not a man who settles for mediocrity. One year to survive, one year to consolidate and another year to push on.

If he was Stern age, I woulda say yeah make the move..but Kenwyne young enough to become a Sunderland legend then make the big money move at 27 by which time it will be EVERY big side in the world clamoring for him from (Real, Barca, Bayern, Milan, not just England)
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 12:49:27 PM »
Well if they buy him for 6 million I'm certain he not really making small money tho....but after 4 games in the league he need just a lil more experience to go to them side and buss up the league consistently.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »
What de ass is dis, ah didn't see dis thread nah, Portsmouth lining up 2  ???, tuh me dey are on de same level wid Sunderland doh, but if de money nice, KJ handle yuh business, cuz football is a job and ah business.. Well Barcelona, Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal, all yuh doh be bashful, throw in all yuh bid while it still early, doh live tuh regret having de future world best forward in yuh team  8). HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 05:16:45 PM »
this man rel wanted lol  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 06:31:31 PM »
Ah wonder how much of ah incentive is playing and being around the other TRINI's for Jones? Is a factor yuh know!  ???
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 07:26:05 PM »
and he cant play for TnT...he get 5000 tt to play in de World Cup...eh ??...
and we sitting by and taking this...."Lets sink the TTFF ...NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 07:48:58 PM »
He tooooooooo old remember
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 09:47:55 PM »
Jones good where he is...the best coach right now for him is Keane all these other managers wouldn't care about his development as much as Keane does....right now they seem to be developing the sort of relationship in terms of expectations that Wenger had with Henry in initial years at Arsenal.

1]; } ?>