May 20, 2024, 09:55:13 PM

Author Topic: legends of concacaf  (Read 5699 times)

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
Re: legends of concacaf
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2007, 10:43:16 AM »
El magico...no not Latapy..The one from El Salvador. Doh even know what de man real name was.

Best dribbler from Concacaf hands down. Best I've seen in the world to date. That man was spannering man through dey legs on a regular basis. Yuh ever see ah in de air spanner?

He might not be a legend in TNT or even the Caribbean but every single Central American Football fan will know him. He played in Spain but me eh know how big he is over dey.

Big big player!!

I'll see if I can google some info on him.

one word gorean highley
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2007, 01:05:42 PM »
I have seen Magico Gonzales in his prime on Spanish TV playing for a Div 1 team in Spain in the 80's. I can't remember the team. He REAL  flicking bad. I dont think he played for ES  in the Spain WC. I do not know why. But He was real BAD

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 02:45:19 PM »
Paul Caligiuri

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2007, 02:51:46 PM »
Paul Caligiuri

This nomination is not allowed.

Paul Caligiuri whilst becominga legend in his own right, by peforming a historic feat, at the same time caused a nation of 1.2 million to go into 16 years of mourning......such acts have nullified any legendary status which may be bestowed upon him.  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2007, 03:05:02 PM »
Paul Caligiuri

One hit wonders do not count  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »
El magico...no not Latapy..The one from El Salvador. Doh even know what de man real name was.

Best dribbler from Concacaf hands down. Best I've seen in the world to date. That man was spannering man through dey legs on a regular basis. Yuh ever see ah in de air spanner?

He might not be a legend in TNT or even the Caribbean but every single Central American Football fan will know him. He played in Spain but me eh know how big he is over dey.

Big big player!!

one word gorean highley
banton that is two words... :rotfl:

Anyhow I think in the Caribbean Latapy could be considered a Legend...Dwight Yorke will definitely be considered a Legend....What Latapy has done in Scotland is invaluable...We are talking about the best Midfielder in Scottish Football in 10 years...He has dominated that league which may not seem like much because the Scottish league is not the highest European Football, BUt to maintain a level of consistency for so long is something very hard...I read someone say he didn't do on the international scale the same thing...Latapy brought inspiration back to our camp for the World Cup...He Brought his genius but most of all he inspired the team...Compare that Zidane for France...Even though Zidane wasn't at his best before the World Cup and the media was calling for his head, he brought inspiration back to French(when he couldn't play his best)....Latapy prove in the Paraguay game that he is best thing on a ball T&T produce even at 30-late....In Any criteria Latapy is a Legend...I am sure people from other CONCACAF nations would be saying 10 years from now, "Latapy for T&T was a magnificant player, That guy could carve something out of nothing"...

Legends of this generation
DWIGHT YORKE ....of Course
Wanchope
Latapy

From past:
Hugo Sanchez

Rafa Marquez good but he not Dwight good....Marquez was just part of the team and not the main man like Yorke

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2007, 06:07:15 PM »
Rafa Marquez good but he not Dwight good....Marquez was just part of the team and not the main man like Yorke

Not so sure about that. Marquez is probably 'Dwight' good but he is a defender and defenders hardly ever get the same props as a forward. Marquez' form this season has been pretty poor, but every player has their lows. But you are probably right...for one season, Yorke was the best forward in all of Europe and even htough these htings are subjective..I cannot argue with anyone who feel Yorke at his prime was better than Marquez is now. But I remember that ManU treble winning season and I have to disagree with the idea that Yorke was THE main man for ManU. He was A main man. His goals and all round link up play were essential, but ManU was a great (and ultimately very very lucky) team. United were full of players all over the field who were just as important as Yorke. For example, Schmeichel was arguably a more irreplaceable player than anyone else on that team. Other members of that team like Keane, Irwin, Beckham, Giggs, Stam and Scholes will be remembered as being just as influential as Yorkie. Yorke was part of the treble winning team.......his contribution was pricless, among a host of other priceless contributions

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2007, 07:18:02 PM »
Paul Caligiuri

Those two words were banned from this website...didn't you get the memo? :)
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2007, 07:24:29 PM »

Big big player!!

El magico....El Salvador's finest (Concacaf too?)....allyuh enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAsXozyqK5Y&mode=related&search=

More El Magico...this man was madness....He is the stuff of legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMemVOhSLRw&NR

« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 07:48:25 PM by Socafan »
Two islands are better than one.

1]; } ?>