May 04, 2024, 11:37:39 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the U-20 T&T vs Italy Game (28-Sept-2009).  (Read 54974 times)

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the U-20 T&T vs Italy Game (28-Sept-2009).
« Reply #330 on: September 28, 2009, 12:46:17 PM »
Ah asking again ah doh be on de board as often where's de silva?
De Silva had a horrible first game so dey bench him it seems...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 28, 2009, 12:46:38 PM »

He played in the first game but was on the bench for this one....I didn't realise you really had no idea what was happening with him when you posted earlier...I thought you were being sarcastic.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 28, 2009, 12:47:11 PM »
 :applause: well played game best i see a tnt team play in a long while. BUT is the dotish mistakes men does make stueps. The team has improved alot.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 28, 2009, 12:48:06 PM »
I happy I have seen some improvement.

But this gives you an idea of JUST HOW FAR BEHIND WE ARE at this level.

ALL these players know about these mental mistakes.

After the last U 17 World Cup, Sean De Silva spoke about working hard to regain possession of the ball after it was lost, how important it was to take care of the ball when you had possession, how even little mistakes at this level are punished SEVERELY.  He spoke about all those things so I doh think is for lack of coaches drillin dese lessons in our players head over and over again.

But is a process.  In the last U 17 world cup, we couldn't compete.  Now....we;ve gotten to a point where we can compete with these nations PHYSICALLY.  In some cases, we're even better athletes than the opposition.  We've also improved a little bit from an ORGANIZATION standpoint.

Where we have to improve further is TECHNICALLY, ORGANIZATIONALLY, & MENTALLY.

Some of these players will go on to senior International football.  Hopefully by the time they get there, they will have improved in these areas as well.

Cannot fault our players for lack of effort.  The effort, the workrate, the PRIDE in the jersey was on display for ALL to see....every man jack.  Thanks guys....you have represented with distinction.  Go on now, lift yourselves up, and BUSS PARAGUAY TAIL!!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 28, 2009, 12:48:58 PM »
Juma Clarence: a goal a game target ... yet a bittersweet feeling. De equaliser made the match.

Thanks bredda fuh yuh efforts.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 28, 2009, 12:50:31 PM »
Yeah, BUSS SOME PARAGUAY TAIL!!!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 28, 2009, 12:50:37 PM »
evidently yuh didn't watch d last game.

Well that's why I'm asking!!!!!!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 28, 2009, 12:51:35 PM »
Those greaseball f**kers get away..and they know it..the coach the players the fans the world..they get the f**k away

We were very very unlucky to come away with nothing... but 2 stupid mistakes(switching off and juma's cross field giveaway) cost us deserved glory and the subs were stupid decisions... M.Joseph is a shithong..poor decision... Grovi for...THOMSON?... ffs.. bring off Juma or Gay and stick with the game plan..he bring on Grovi to play RW when Thomson doing well on the right?

Jamal Gay...come nah man come nah man!

Leston Paul Man of the Match

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 28, 2009, 12:53:13 PM »
Again a good battling team performance (I like the work that L.Paul put in in the middle of the field today- good honest hard shift)...but in too many areas of the field we just lack that quality, and it shows with the number of bad passes and "nearly executed" plays some of which should be more straight forward at this level...As a team, the level of preparation shows...but the puzzle is still missing some pieces- so be it.  

Hope they keep their heads up and finish the tournament strong.  
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #339 on: September 28, 2009, 12:53:38 PM »
Allyuh from hell yes.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 28, 2009, 12:55:19 PM »
listen i am soo proud of these fellas. well represented themselves and the country. after going to nashville and witnessing that bullshit i was on the brink of giving up on our national teams but after the egypt and italy matches i have optimism. these fellas fought there ass off. they had this game to win....against the mighty italians...but as they will learn any mistake you make on this level you will be punished. on the flip side, we need to punish teams when they make similar mistakes. we let them off on the shot by gay and clarence punished them on the other. we made 2 and we got punished on our 2. so it goes at this level.

im upset about the loss but proud to say these fellas represented me today. this can only be a great learning lesson.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:00:01 PM by fordy »
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 28, 2009, 12:55:35 PM »
You guys should be proud of your under-20 kids. Tieing italy 1-1 is something to be proud of!

Kinda remind me of Jamaica's 2-0 and 1-0 victories over Argentina and Colombia respectively at the 2007 Pan-american Games in Brazil.    ;)

Hoduras Looking decent also in this tourney.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:00:11 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 28, 2009, 12:56:53 PM »
SAME OLE STORY WIT WE.........PLAY GOOD BUT JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!

Huh? you must have us confused with a good footballing nation. When do we ever play good? lol
Hart for president

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 28, 2009, 12:59:47 PM »
Ah think this is what forumites mean when they post "we eh mind de lorse as long as yuh fight".....

The look on them Italians faces on the bench just before they score the 2nd goal should be worth the $11 million plus that the TTFF say dey spend on dis team......

Well done boys, well done... :applause: :applause:  :beermug:  :beermug:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 28, 2009, 01:00:18 PM »
You guys should be proud of your under-20 kids. Tieing italy 1-1 is something to be proud of!

Kinda remind me of Jamaica's 2-0 and 1-0 victories over Argentina and Colombia respectively at the 2007 Pan-american Games in Brazil.   :devil:

daiz old news boy ,your team not even in this WC . We dealing with the Present and you guys not present .

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 28, 2009, 01:00:49 PM »

Yuh know we respond to yuh right??.... ??? :-\
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 28, 2009, 01:01:18 PM »
What a letdown. Oh well, on to Paraguay!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #347 on: September 28, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »

My apologies... let's just say his performance in the first game was reminiscent of T&T greats like Akile Edwards and Evans Wise. It was probably just a bad game for him, but it really was the worst time to have a bad game.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 28, 2009, 01:05:33 PM »
Good performace young warriors Italy had to work for that one! plus we had our chances to be 2 or 3 up. I could deal with 2-1 against Italy. Hard luck

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 28, 2009, 01:05:50 PM »

Kinda remind me of Jamaica's 2-0 and 1-0 victories over Argentina and Colombia respectively at the 2007 Pan-american Games in Brazil.    ;)

this fncking guy ^
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 28, 2009, 01:07:47 PM »
i doh think any football pundits would have expected We to give Italy a run. even score a goal. tough loss, the fellas play they heart out, i see men crying on ground. i hope the left MID who give the bad pass cry too. the team has improved alot from u 17 level.
Youtube Channel

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 28, 2009, 01:08:49 PM »

Its not the same ole story at all because we normally doh play good. This was actually a good shift put in by the boys.
congratulations to the entire team. I see the coach learnt from game one and adjusted lets see what happens against Paraguay.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 28, 2009, 01:09:22 PM »
I think we was given the hardest group in this competition to open against Egypt and play the way we did then come and play like this against Italy and could of easily left with a tie. I think thats impressive cause these are 2 teams that can easily be in the finals...I know we shouldn't be thinking like that but am sure if we was in any other group am convince we woulda have some points by now... I heard the commentator say four 3rd place team make it to the next round. Hopefully Egypt beat Italy and we beat paraquay and make the cut cause them boys really deserve it alot of hard work went into this will really suck to go 3 and out...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:21:31 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 28, 2009, 01:09:56 PM »

Its not the same ole story at all because we normally doh play good. This was actually a good shift put in by the boys.
congratulations to the entire team. I see the coach learnt from game one and adjusted lets see what happens against Paraguay.

for real, watching that senior team play is headache
Youtube Channel

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 28, 2009, 01:16:24 PM »

Kinda remind me of Jamaica's 2-0 and 1-0 victories over Argentina and Colombia respectively at the 2007 Pan-american Games in Brazil.   :devil:

daiz old news boy ,your team not even in this WC . We dealing with the Present and you guys not present .

No arguements there brother.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 28, 2009, 01:19:19 PM »
It seemed to me as if our players did not have composure and confidence on the ball. I got the impression that any time one of our players received a pass, he panicked leading to a loss in possession to the Italians.

I could be wrong though.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 28, 2009, 01:20:45 PM »
la Foucade is a frigging fraud. He and this idiot commentator (Villafana?) are saying that our chance was a goal because there was a defender on the line. How the hell he is supposed to be coaching the game and he doesn't even know the rule? Once there are fewer than 2 defenders between the attacker and the goal line then he (the attacker) is offside. These 2 assholes arguing the point over and over. My gosh we are an ignorant nation.
Because 2 men don't know a specific rule about football we are an ignorant nation???  ???

That sounds like an ignorant statement to me.
TnT Patriot

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 28, 2009, 01:21:28 PM »
Big up my BIG SIDE!!

Allyuh give 100% as is usual with this side. Coulda take some points from Italy even.

As ah man say, physically, we right dey with the rest of the world, better even in many cases. As far as I am concerned mentally we right dey too, have been since this side was U-17. Have no idea how or why this is but I personally have been enjoying the confidence in this team's play since then.

Technically, we eh too far behind the big boys either the passing is a little loose, but that is it. Other ball control is there.

Tactically we need some work. We plenty more organized than our past teams, but this area is preventing us from breaking out, particularly in midfield play. But is not to say the players cannot play a strong tactical game, I'm saying coaching is not taking advantage of these youths. "Somebody" took care of the fundamentals for once. A good coach needs to step in and make this team perform.

Our defenders are excellent. Primus, Bentick,Cyrus....We have a very good defensive unit. Hooray for that. Finally quality across the board at the back.

Somehow we have to stop the manner in which teams score on TNT........man just running in from midfield free as a bird and slapping shot on keeper directly in front of him. That is the current trend with all TNT teams it seems. Midfielders need to up their workrate and defensive play.

Again for me Primus was the best player followed by Cyrus and the defensive unit. Again Hyland was a disappointment....a surprising disappointment. Hyland, wha is yuh story pardnuh!!!??The Englishman Thomson had a harder time this game and was bun, however, in his defense, he seemed to be too all alone with no one to pass short to this game.

The local fellas perform better and seemed fitter than the "foreign" players. Ah hope allyuh take note.

Hard luck on the loss my side. Move on...all is not totally lost. Rest bout 6 on Paraguay and see what could happen after.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 28, 2009, 01:22:14 PM »
i doh think any football pundits would have expected We to give Italy a run. even score a goal. tough loss, the fellas play they heart out, i see men crying on ground. i hope the left MID who give the bad pass cry too. the team has improved alot from u 17 level.

He was the one crying that the camera focused on.

He score ah goal and give away one. He go bounce back stronger

The fellas give ah good account of themselves.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Azzurrini edge brave T&T (FIFA Report)
« Reply #359 on: September 28, 2009, 01:25:06 PM »
Azzurrini edge brave T&T.
By: Fifa.Com

Italy boosted their hopes of a place in the last 16 with a hard-fought 2-1 win over Trinidad and Tobago in Cairo International Stadium. Michelangelo Arbertazzi and Silvano Raggio scored the vital goals as the valiant Soca Warriors succumbed to a defeat that leaves their Egypt 2009 ambtions hanging by a thread.

The Italians were on top for the bulk of the first half and, with 16 minutes played, it took a heroic goal-line clearance from Jake Thomson to deny them an opener. Andrea Mazzarani was already wheeling away in celebration in anticipation of his superbly struck volley hitting the net when Thomson leapt up on the line to head the ball clear.

Playmaker Mazzarani has emerged as arguably the Italians' most influential player in Egypt and, 12 minutes later, he went close again with an audacious effort from a 35-yard free-kick that had the T&T keeper - who was expecting a cross - scrambling back to tip over.

Yet although the Europeans had the edge, the Caribbean hopefuls weren't without their moments at the other end, and Robert Primus thought he had opened the scoring midway through the first half only to have his celebrations curtailed by the assistant referee's flag. Thing were about to get worse for T&T too because, with six minutes of the first half remaining, they fell behind, Michelangelo Arbertazzi stealing in unmarked on Mazzarani's corner and directing a downward header past the helpless Glenroy Samuel.

Zoran Vranes' side refused to buckle, however, and came agonisingly close to equalising six minutes into the second half when Jamael Gay fired in a shot that had the keeper beaten but rebounded back off the underside of the crossbar. Nevertheless, their perseverance was rewarded 11 minutes later when Matteo Gentile's disastrous attempted clearance sent the ball straight to the feet of Juma Clarence. Hardly able to believe his luck, the T&T forward took full advantage, side-stepping the hapless Gentile before rifling a low right-foot shot into the net from 14 yards.

It looked like we had a upset on our hands at this stage, but Gli Azzurrini refused to accept their fate and duly snatched the points with 12 minutes remaining. Mattia Mustacchio was the goal's architect with a superb run and cross, and Silvano Raggio obliged with a finish of the highest quality, unleashing a terrific left-foot shot to send the ball flashing into the net from the edge of the box.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 04:20:14 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>