May 04, 2024, 07:32:30 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the U-20 T&T vs Italy Game (28-Sept-2009).  (Read 54967 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the U-20 T&T vs Italy Game (28-Sept-2009).
« Reply #360 on: September 28, 2009, 01:28:08 PM »
Big up my BIG SIDE!!

Allyuh give 100% as is usual with this side. Coulda take some points from Italy even.

As ah man say, physically, we right dey with the rest of the world, better even in many cases. As far as I am concerned mentally we right dey too, have been since this side was U-17. Have no idea how or why this is but I personally have been enjoying the confidence in this team's play since then.

Technically, we eh too far behind the big boys either the passing is a little loose, but that is it. Other ball control is there.

Tactically we need some work. We plenty more organized than our past teams, but this area is preventing us from breaking out, particularly in midfield play. But is not to say the players cannot play a strong tactical game, I'm saying coaching is not taking advantage of these youths. "Somebody" took care of the fundamentals for once. A good coach needs to step in and make this team perform.

Our defenders are excellent. Primus, Bentick,Cyrus....We have a very good defensive unit. Hooray for that. Finally quality across the board at the back.

Somehow we have to stop the manner in which teams score on TNT........man just running in from midfield free as a bird and slapping shot on keeper directly in front of him. That is the current trend with all TNT teams it seems. Midfielders need to up their workrate and defensive play.

Again for me Primus was the best player followed by Cyrus and the defensive unit. Again Hyland was a disappointment....a surprising disappointment. Hyland, wha is yuh story pardnuh!!!??The Englishman Thomson had a harder time this game and was bun, however, in his defense, he seemed to be too all alone with no one to pass short to this game.

The local fellas perform better and seemed fitter than the "foreign" players. Ah hope allyuh take note.

Hard luck on the loss my side. Move on...all is not totally lost. Rest bout 6 on Paraguay and see what could happen after.
as is usual with this side. 
Bullshit ,best game they ever play ,still with mistakes and players misfiring .This team has a lot of hype with it ,but they could be the real deal .

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 28, 2009, 01:32:06 PM »
It seemed to me as if our players did not have composure and confidence on the ball. I got the impression that any time one of our players received a pass, he panicked leading to a loss in possession to the Italians.

I could be wrong though.
They played like they had two agendas ,One .they play like the 2006 Germany team and just clear every out and say screw it . And 2 Still play attacking football ,they were caught in the middle.lots of work should be done .
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:39:03 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 28, 2009, 01:32:13 PM »
Big up my BIG SIDE!!

Allyuh give 100% as is usual with this side. Coulda take some points from Italy even.

As ah man say, physically, we right dey with the rest of the world, better even in many cases. As far as I am concerned mentally we right dey too, have been since this side was U-17. Have no idea how or why this is but I personally have been enjoying the confidence in this team's play since then.

Technically, we eh too far behind the big boys either the passing is a little loose, but that is it. Other ball control is there.

Tactically we need some work. We plenty more organized than our past teams, but this area is preventing us from breaking out, particularly in midfield play. But is not to say the players cannot play a strong tactical game, I'm saying coaching is not taking advantage of these youths. "Somebody" took care of the fundamentals for once. A good coach needs to step in and make this team perform.

Our defenders are excellent. Primus, Bentick,Cyrus....We have a very good defensive unit. Hooray for that. Finally quality across the board at the back.

Somehow we have to stop the manner in which teams score on TNT........man just running in from midfield free as a bird and slapping shot on keeper directly in front of him. That is the current trend with all TNT teams it seems. Midfielders need to up their workrate and defensive play.

Again for me Primus was the best player followed by Cyrus and the defensive unit. Again Hyland was a disappointment....a surprising disappointment. Hyland, wha is yuh story pardnuh!!!??The Englishman Thomson had a harder time this game and was bun, however, in his defense, he seemed to be too all alone with no one to pass short to this game.

The local fellas perform better and seemed fitter than the "foreign" players. Ah hope allyuh take note.

Hard luck on the loss my side. Move on...all is not totally lost. Rest bout 6 on Paraguay and see what could happen after.
Bullshit ,best game they ever play ,still with mistakes and players misfiring .This team has a lot of hype with it ,but they could be the real deal .

You see the game ...ah thought yuh done.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 28, 2009, 01:33:14 PM »
Big up my BIG SIDE!!

You see the game ...ah thought yuh done.
Bullshit ah say ah go wait for the Italy game  ;D

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Maximus Dan's comments
« Reply #364 on: September 28, 2009, 01:56:29 PM »
I had a nice convo with Maximus Dan on Twitter  :beermug:

Maximus:

I'M UPSET ABOUT THE LOSS AGAINST ITALY...THIS TIME I DON'T WANNA HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT "THE BOYS MADE US PROUD"...GOALS HAVE 2 B SCORED...JEEZ

IF YOU DON'T TAKE YOUR CHANCES IT COMES BACK 2 HAUNT YOU AND IT'S THAT SIMPLE......IT WASN'T ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE!!!!

BAD PASSES,FOULS,LOSING POSSESION,OUT OF POSITION ETC. ARE NORMAL IN GAMES EVEN AT THE TOP LEVEL BUT YOU MUST SCORE!

to which I responded:

I would add silly mistakes to that as well. But (and you don't want to hear this) I'm still proud of them. Think Long Term Maximus Dan!

to which he responded:

I ALWAYS THINK LONG TERM KING,SINCE I WAS A KID BUT I'M I 2 THINK LONG TERM FOR A VICTORY THAT COULD'VE PUT DEM IN A POSITION GO FURDA

WE TOOK AN ETERNITY 2 REACH THE WC AND WE FELL FLAT AGAIN,WE TOOK 2 LONG AT ACHIEVING MANY THINGS,NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!

At which point, The PNM tweeted:

Congratulations Trinidad & Tobago under 20 National Football team! We are very proud of you

which I sent to Maximus, and he responded:

AHHHHHH BOOOOOY AH TELL YUH AH TELL YUH......LMAO!!!!!

:rotfl:

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maximus Dan's comments
« Reply #365 on: September 28, 2009, 01:58:50 PM »
We had a chance to beat Italy and we blew it ...that dont come arong everyday for us.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 02:00:25 PM by Quagmire »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 28, 2009, 02:01:46 PM »
We had a chance to beat Italy and we blew it ...that dont come arong everyday for us.

i fed up see we hit bar lol. we should have more than two goals
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 28, 2009, 02:03:32 PM »

Like they say the bar set to low .
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 02:05:44 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 28, 2009, 02:09:52 PM »
Egypt 1 - 1 Paraguay in the 38'
Paraguay down to 10 men

Go Egypt... ;D

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 28, 2009, 02:13:09 PM »
Azzurrini edge brave T&T

Italy boosted their hopes of a place in the last 16 with a hard-fought 2-1 win over Trinidad and Tobago in Cairo International Stadium. Michelangelo Arbertazzi and Silvano Raggio scored the vital goals as the valiant Soca Warriors succumbed to a defeat that leaves their Egypt 2009 ambtions hanging by a thread.

The Italians were on top for the bulk of the first half and, with 16 minutes played, it took a heroic goal-line clearance from Jake Thomson to deny them an opener. Andrea Mazzarani was already wheeling away in celebration in anticipation of his superbly struck volley hitting the net when Thomson leapt up on the line to head the ball clear.

Playmaker Mazzarani has emerged as arguably the Italians' most influential player in Egypt and, 12 minutes later, he went close again with an audacious effort from a 35-yard free-kick that had the T&T keeper - who was expecting a cross - scrambling back to tip over.

Yet although the Europeans had the edge, the Caribbean hopefuls weren't without their moments at the other end, and Robert Primus thought he had opened the scoring midway through the first half only to have his celebrations curtailed by the assistant referee's flag. Thing were about to get worse for T&T too because, with six minutes of the first half remaining, they fell behind, Michelangelo Arbertazzi stealing in unmarked on Mazzarani's corner and directing a downward header past the helpless Glenroy Samuel.

Zoran Vranes' side refused to buckle, however, and came agonisingly close to equalising six minutes into the second half when Jamael Gay fired in a shot that had the keeper beaten but rebounded back off the underside of the crossbar. Nevertheless, their perseverance was rewarded 11 minutes later when Matteo Gentile's disastrous attempted clearance sent the ball straight to the feet of Juma Clarence. Hardly able to believe his luck, the T&T forward took full advantage, side-stepping the hapless Gentile before rifling a low right-foot shot into the net from 14 yards.

It looked like we had a upset on our hands at this stage, but Gli Azzurrini refused to accept their fate and duly snatched the points with 12 minutes remaining. Mattia Mustacchio was the goal's architect with a superb run and cross, and Silvano Raggio obliged with a finish of the highest quality, unleashing a terrific left-foot shot to send the ball flashing into the net from the edge of the box.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #370 on: September 28, 2009, 02:46:42 PM »

Like they say the bar set to low .
lol.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 28, 2009, 03:37:18 PM »
Dat switch cross from Clarence was very unfortunate.  Man open on de left side with room and he had a passing option ahead of him...he decide to switch de ball high in de air to the other side of the field behind Thomson and vs Italy of all teams.  The result was a switch to an Italian as Thomson had already moved up with de midfield in line as he should.  Thomson probably did not expect a shit ball like dat.  Dey sub Thomson because he look bun and could not get goal side of de fella who accepted de gift and run down and cross de ball.  I cyah blame Thomson for that.  I must say dat de Italians took away de line and his right footed cross in the second half.  We saw some poor left foot crossing from Thomson afterwards.  All in all we did better than most thought we would.  Again, I will stress that if we need to go overseas to acquire players, let it be for defensive players.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 03:55:00 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 28, 2009, 04:00:17 PM »
Ah now watch the game. Some thoughts.

We have 2 problems at this level. Decision making and Speed of play.

For some reason most on our team eschew the simple straightforward pass in favor of something more spectactular. That is a flaw of coaching. We have to program our players that if we move the ball, dangerous situations will arise.

Secondly, too many times we take too long to decide what we want to do with the ball. By the time we decide, the defender or defenders are there to confront us. The biggest example of that was Joseph and Molino. They may be good but are too slow to get in gear. Again, a coaching emphasis on this point during practice and games could arrest this flaw.

If this team had more games against teams at this level we could have done better.

We got no calls from the ref!!!

We still need a better defensive presence in midfield.

Hyland has to be more present in the middle both offensively and defensively.

Primus, Bentick, Cyrus, Clarence and Paul were impressive in this game. Clarence hold's up the ball better than Gay.

Overall, impressed with the fight, resillience, and entire performance.

TnT Patriot

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 28, 2009, 04:00:46 PM »
I had a nice convo with Maximus Dan on Twitter  :beermug:

Maximus:

I'M UPSET ABOUT THE LOSS AGAINST ITALY...THIS TIME I DON'T WANNA HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT "THE BOYS MADE US PROUD"...GOALS HAVE 2 B SCORED...JEEZ

IF YOU DON'T TAKE YOUR CHANCES IT COMES BACK 2 HAUNT YOU AND IT'S THAT SIMPLE......IT WASN'T ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE!!!!

BAD PASSES,FOULS,LOSING POSSESION,OUT OF POSITION ETC. ARE NORMAL IN GAMES EVEN AT THE TOP LEVEL BUT YOU MUST SCORE!

to which I responded:

I would add silly mistakes to that as well. But (and you don't want to hear this) I'm still proud of them. Think Long Term Maximus Dan!

to which he responded:

I ALWAYS THINK LONG TERM KING,SINCE I WAS A KID BUT I'M I 2 THINK LONG TERM FOR A VICTORY THAT COULD'VE PUT DEM IN A POSITION GO FURDA

WE TOOK AN ETERNITY 2 REACH THE WC AND WE FELL FLAT AGAIN,WE TOOK 2 LONG AT ACHIEVING MANY THINGS,NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!

At which point, The PNM tweeted:

Congratulations Trinidad & Tobago under 20 National Football team! We are very proud of you

which I sent to Maximus, and he responded:

AHHHHHH BOOOOOY AH TELL YUH AH TELL YUH......LMAO!!!!!

:rotfl:

Ok

Offline TRINIMITCH

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Photobucket
« Reply #374 on: September 28, 2009, 04:05:43 PM »
Egypt 1 - 2 Paraguay .....4th min of injury time
PROUD TO BE MALICK

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: September 28, 2009, 04:10:35 PM »
When the romans intercepted that pass, it had our whole mid field and defence scampering back. All them men could do was pelt desperate sliding tackles. Too late. big mistake.

truetrini

« Reply #376 on: September 28, 2009, 04:30:24 PM »
nuff shit...we played an excellent game and again we were unfortunate.

Instead ah bigging up de young men who valiantly fought assholes looking to put dem down.

These fellas play with more heart and soul dan de big hard stones jokers on de senior team.

nuff assholeness about goals win matches..we tried.

shit

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 28, 2009, 04:34:01 PM »
....can somebody (who actually SAW the game) please enlighten me and tell me WHY our first goal was disallowed, please.  Was it because of a foul or for alleged offside?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 28, 2009, 04:43:55 PM »
....can somebody (who actually SAW the game) please enlighten me and tell me WHY our first goal was disallowed, please.  Was it because of a foul or for alleged offside?

some people look over d footage an say d call was good
I pity the fool....

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 28, 2009, 04:44:22 PM »

a player cannot gain an advantage by waiting for the ball near the opposing goal when there are fewer than two opponents between him and the goal.
There was only one
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 28, 2009, 05:02:11 PM »

a player cannot gain an advantage by waiting for the ball near the opposing goal when there are fewer than two opponents between him and the goal.
There was only one

Observer, thank you for that enlightenment, as I was not aware of that fine tuning of the offside rule "near the goal" because I guess I will need to check the laws of the game to see what FIFA define as "near."

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 28, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »

There was only one

Observer, thank you for that enlightenment, as I was not aware of that fine tuning of the offside rule "near the goal" because I guess I will need to check the laws of the game to see what FIFA define as "near."

well its anywhere over the half
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 28, 2009, 05:22:04 PM »
I find that rule stupid..

Why is it there? cuz a keeper cant catch a cross and tips it to an opponent who directs the ball to a teamate who scores it with a defender on a line while ahead of the keeper... So it's there to save the keeper from embarrassment?

That is a shit rule

So basically a new "tactic" can be when defending a corner or free kick(from a distance) leave 1 man on the post and send the entire team and keeper to the half and let the attacking team score a disallowed goal

That is a shit rule...

Why does a keeper and 1 defender get so much protection in the situation? We did nothing wrong and deserved the goal... the rule is baffling ..because 2 men werent behind the keeper?  my god fifa

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 28, 2009, 05:43:56 PM »
I find that rule stupid..

Why is it there? cuz a keeper cant catch a cross and tips it to an opponent who directs the ball to a teamate who scores it with a defender on a line while ahead of the keeper... So it's there to save the keeper from embarrassment?

That is a shit rule

So basically a new "tactic" can be when defending a corner or free kick(from a distance) leave 1 man on the post and send the entire team and keeper to the half and let the attacking team score a disallowed goal

That is a shit rule...

Why does a keeper and 1 defender get so much protection in the situation? We did nothing wrong and deserved the goal... the rule is baffling ..because 2 men werent behind the keeper?  my god fifa

no offense... but you letting emotion control you and writing pure rubbish... pure rubbish...

jeezanages
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 28, 2009, 06:14:37 PM »
We get tief
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 28, 2009, 06:30:31 PM »
red white and black forever
well done smalls
this team growing up nicely
go watch tapes of the U-17 WC...and if you have belly..watch dwight and dem in 1991
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 28, 2009, 07:12:57 PM »
red white and black forever
well done smalls
this team growing up nicely
go watch tapes of the U-17 WC...and if you have belly..watch dwight and dem in 1991

Thank you...tell dem.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 28, 2009, 07:20:12 PM »
Must admit, for all the football I have played in my life, I wasn't aware of this technicality wrt the offside rule.

Anyway, at the risk of trying to put things in perspective:

Those who heart broken and pissed saw an opportunity for us to make some mark on the world stage in our 5th WC (2 U-17, 2 U-20, 1 senior) for the 1st time against an un-traditionally weak Italian team and the fact that it was Italy is no excuse since we were able to match them and create opportunities

Those who applauding the young warriors recognize that it is just only our 4th WC at all levels and so it takes time before we can become world beaters at this level against any team and until we eliminate some of our own-induced shortcomings (errant passing, concentration lapses, physical fitness) we will continue to struggle to get to the level where we not only compete but are able to progress past the group stage at a WC.

Both camps justified to feel how they feel, at the end of the day though, I think we all share in a common goal and that is for TT to do well and progress in the beautiful game.  If we could only dismantle and rebuild our admin while we are at it....sigh
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 07:13:32 AM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #388 on: September 28, 2009, 07:42:56 PM »
2 players need to b between u and the goal

Not according to these rules set by fifa:

Offside Position

It is not an offence in itself to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:

• he is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the
second-last opponent

A player is not in an offside position if:

• he is in his own half of the fi eld of play or

he is level with the second-last opponent or

• he is level with the last two opponents
Offence

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball
touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee,
involved in active play by:

• interfering with play or

• interfering with an opponent or

• gaining an advantage by being in that position

Clarence was clearly not offside there was a defender standing on the goaline. It has to be something else other than offside.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 28, 2009, 07:49:44 PM »
2 players need to b between u and the goal

Not according to these rules set by fifa:

Offside Position

It is not an offence in itself to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:

• he is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the
second-last opponent

A player is not in an offside position if:

• he is in his own half of the fi eld of play or

he is level with the second-last opponent or

• he is level with the last two opponents
Offence

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball
touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee,
involved in active play by:

• interfering with play or

• interfering with an opponent or

• gaining an advantage by being in that position

Clarence was clearly not offside there was a defender standing on the goaline. It has to be something else other than offside.

Yes, but it was Bentick who slid the ball home....That is who the linesman called offside.

1]; } ?>