May 09, 2024, 08:11:40 PM

Author Topic: Most overrated T&T footballer.  (Read 19441 times)

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Most overrated T&T footballer.
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2008, 09:36:12 PM »
again..i not doubtin if d man could save...they have plenty men out there...

man..i play against a man from Defence Force..keeper was one of d best i see and play against.
they went super league and never see him since really...not sure the story.

but the TT coaches right...if ya aint got a club and ya dont have the experience in yet with the national team ya cah get call ---what i mean is if Yorke didnt have a club for a 3 mths prior to WC qualifyin he woulda still get call cause we know what he is capable of at the int'l level.
IF a man rippin at club level, it doh mean he gonna be good at int'l level at all

how old troy is now?
if he in d football to do something he gotta get a club and do his thing...and if he cah get nothin MLS side...he need to come PFL and make his name...that is IF he wanna make the nat'l team.
that aint everyone's priority, i know.
but A-league aint gonna get him any recognition as a player, far less a keeper.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2008, 09:38:30 PM »
i disagree on everything u just said if wasnt for kelvin we wouldnt of been in the world cup ..look at the shots shaka save it wasnt n e thing spectacula it was shots to him that he just parried.. when he get some shots tosave from the england game y he didnt save them and a easy header he let inn ..and u better find that year he had the fewiest goal in da epl i think u talking about his other life
I sure you have somebody siddung next tuh yuh helping yuh type....you does talk entirely too much shit fuh one man.

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2008, 09:40:01 PM »
hes 23 same age group as jan and marvin ... we no bake and shark same way dem use to talk about hardest and he get he fair chance well i gonna do da same with he
bajanscout

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2008, 10:28:40 PM »
I would love to say hardest is the first to come to mine, but when I think of overated, ah not sure if he should be at the top of the list... I think of a player who God alone knows how he make a national team... Hardest has/had lots of potential, but for whatever reasons never lived up to it.... Now Evans Wise, could dribble better than a baby, but the man some how iplay in de WC.... I just doh get it all skill and no brain on the field.... He is who I consider overated...skill alone doh make you a good footballer and Wise as proven than time and time again..
If the question was a player who did not live up to the potential shown, then hardest would be #1 for me...

Offline future socawarrior

• Jr. Warrior
  • I can accept failure but i cant accept not trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2008, 12:22:13 AM »
i disagree on everything u just said if wasnt for kelvin we wouldnt of been in the world cup ..look at the shots shaka save it wasnt n e thing spectacula it was shots to him that he just parried.. when he get some shots tosave from the england game y he didnt save them and a easy header he let inn ..and u better find that year he had the fewiest goal in da epl i think u talking about his other life

Shaka is aa hero boss... Triniscout you want to critize the man soo much, he bench yuh back in d days or wha.. what he do you? "shots parried" could you have done it? hell no....
i bet you could have saved the easy header right? ridiculous, instead of making out the men like evans wise and dem you looking to call out men like Shaka who is known in many parts of the world for good things not like you who only known on the forum for talking shit

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2008, 12:36:39 AM »
he had  a wah stella ?haha mention gerrad to him he does duck , FA cup finals is bullet liverpool come back from 3 goals down is only bullet from way out scoring, the world cup gerrad again he isnt consistant he has had decent games and the sweden game if u look at the shots it was at him , nothing where he had to go for and make no big save...look at d guatemala game lol rel shit so he is by far over rated

''mention gerrad to him he does duck''    :rotfl: :rotfl:

However, to be fair, giving Jack he jacket ,Jim he Jimboots and Dick he prick,you ihave to be de most 'underated' poster here ,I think we need to elevate yuh status and recognize your kinda ah jackassree eh something yuh cud learn,yuh have tuh born wid it. If you cud say Shaka eh good or overrated,yuh confirming meh hereditary theory.Your parents must be scholars. As for Troy Marquis,Shaka accomplish more in ONE season ( choose any season ) than yuh boy in he whole so call career.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2008, 08:25:06 AM »
Would David Nakid be considered over-rated or an underachiever?
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2008, 08:28:53 AM »
he had  a wah stella ?haha mention gerrad to him he does duck , FA cup finals is bullet liverpool come back from 3 goals down is only bullet from way out scoring, the world cup gerrad again he isnt consistant he has had decent games and the sweden game if u look at the shots it was at him , nothing where he had to go for and make no big save...look at d guatemala game lol rel shit so he is by far over rated

''mention gerrad to him he does duck''    :rotfl: :rotfl:

However, to be fair, giving Jack he jacket ,Jim he Jimboots and Dick he prick,you ihave to be de most 'underated' poster here ,I think we need to elevate yuh status and recognize your kinda ah jackassree eh something yuh cud learn,yuh have tuh born wid it. If you cud say Shaka eh good or overrated,yuh confirming meh hereditary theory.Your parents must be scholars. As for Troy Marquis,Shaka accomplish more in ONE season ( choose any season ) than yuh boy in he whole so call career.

You being generous..

More like Shaka accomplish more in one game than that nashy looking, grainy picture loch ness monster he peddling on here..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2008, 08:56:48 AM »

''mention gerrad to him he does duck''    :rotfl: :rotfl:

You being generous..

More like Shaka accomplish more in one game than that nashy looking, grainy picture loch ness monster he peddling on here..

hahahahahaha  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2008, 08:58:04 AM »
Evans Wise...Plenty man used to hype up de man like he name Latapy and when he played it was always rubbish

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2008, 09:00:13 AM »
nakid is rel shit overated out dated ....that answered ur question?
bajanscout

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2008, 09:06:03 AM »
nakid is rel shit overated out dated ....that answered ur question?
scout ah have to disagree because there were alot of games that he did produce, especially in his younger days...but the late stages in his career he played alot of tata for T&T.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2008, 09:19:43 AM »
In no particular order

Jughead

Silvio Spann

Evans Wise (he have to thank Touches fuh dah one)

Jose Luis Seabra

Ian Clauzel (a lil harsh but Moose was probably one a de most hyped T&T footballers)

Hardest
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2008, 09:30:46 AM »
i agree with d hardest he get to much big up and let he boy down where is hardest now?back in morvant savvannah playing small goal...
bajanscout

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2008, 09:55:38 AM »
i havent seen him in a while last time i heard from him he was in canada ..... so if hes playing with a team up there ,i dont no maybe he with a team there maybe... who knows

Triniscout....yuh fuh real??   ??? ???

Yuh start dis one man Troy Maraquis campaign some time ago and whenenver men call yuh out on substantiative proof of his ability to play/goalkeep, yuh does come up empty handed.....yuh eh even know whey he is??  ???.....he soooooooo hot yuh cyar keep track ah wha he doing dese days??...

Look Triniscout.....take a big, loud....
         SSSSSSTTTTEEEUUUPPPPSSSSS!!!!!             

And hold dis too..... :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Dey should not only take way yuh passport for crying down Shaka, de mods should ban yuh from dis board for sheer stupidity!!!!.....

*shakes head* well I never..... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2008, 10:34:22 AM »
so i acting like i is he two home boys i doh ride he prick if d man gone someway u think he does tell me way he going i no d man dam good we could make a pole and whoever saw him before play could vote whether he should get a chance again a fair one .... what we gonna wait till d man die to give him credit like alyuh did with jason nelson? but when i big nelson up alyuh say he was shit,now he past away he was rel boss notting could stop him ..lol alyuh jokey ,all d men alyuh call out who good turned out to be shit way dem is now? way d hardest way d tousiant way d spann ?
bajanscout

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2008, 10:37:37 AM »
Ah hear after all of Triniscout recommendations, that the Toronto Maple Leafs sign Troy Marquis as a back up keeper. He does sit on de bench and tell stories bout he and he pardnah Triniscout never get de opportunities Shaka get, and after de game make he way down to Scarborough to get ah cow heel soup and smoke some weed.
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2008, 11:30:15 AM »
Right now the english press overrates KJ. He deserves his props, but things got little ridiculous earlier this season. At the end of last season ah would have said Çarlos. Every Championship pundit thought he was going to set the EPL on fire. I eh go lie..I real rate Carlos and he rip de Championship last season...but injuries aside, that was always a tall ask to think he was going to rip up the EPL. Latas overrated by Trinis. He is brilliant, but not the one of a kind baller some people seem to think he is.

Filho, this might be one of the very few posts yuh make ah have to disagree with...Yuh think Latas is over-rated? and yes he is a ONE OF A KIND BALLER to ever come out of T&T, we not talking world here, but who else could compare with Latas from T&T...oh and he is still playing at almost 40 eh  ;D

Have to agree with DeSoWa here...T&T hasn't ever had a midfielder like Latas. Even in the context of world football at present, while he may not be a hefty physical presence with high stamina, his sense of creativity, invention and vision in reading the game is firmly up there with the best of them. Ask Shunsuke Nakamura and Henrik Larsson. I don't think Filho disputes dat but not sure what he meant - maybe he could elaborate.  :beermug:

to answer the original question, it is Evans Wise for me

About Latas..I think he is class and one of a kind to come out of T&T, but I think there are many in T&T who overrate him. I think there are many in his class who are looked down as OK while Latapy is considered brilliant. For example, I think there are players who can't get a corbeaux sweat for teams like Brazil and Argentina who are better or on par with Latas in his prime. I have met enough people who would consider that sacrilege. Who disagree could disagree, but I for one could call plenty players on Latas level who playing right now who does be called shittong regular on dis site.

Then again, I also find Maradona overrated..but dat is another topic

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2008, 11:37:58 AM »
 :o

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2008, 12:39:40 PM »
Triniscout yuh just trying to be a nuisance now. There is no need to even try to prove to you that Shaka was not over-rated.

I also wouldn't class hardest because despite the ampunt of press he gets on this board (by one person) nobody really rating hardest on anything other than his ability, which is real. Nobody really has expectations for hardest as a senior team player.

My call would really go to Brent "the next Latapy" Rahim. Youth standout, media darling, BSC horn-child and get plenty chances for the national team.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2008, 01:27:43 PM »
Right now the english press overrates KJ. He deserves his props, but things got little ridiculous earlier this season. At the end of last season ah would have said Çarlos. Every Championship pundit thought he was going to set the EPL on fire. I eh go lie..I real rate Carlos and he rip de Championship last season...but injuries aside, that was always a tall ask to think he was going to rip up the EPL. Latas overrated by Trinis. He is brilliant, but not the one of a kind baller some people seem to think he is.

Filho, this might be one of the very few posts yuh make ah have to disagree with...Yuh think Latas is over-rated? and yes he is a ONE OF A KIND BALLER to ever come out of T&T, we not talking world here, but who else could compare with Latas from T&T...oh and he is still playing at almost 40 eh  ;D

Have to agree with DeSoWa here...T&T hasn't ever had a midfielder like Latas. Even in the context of world football at present, while he may not be a hefty physical presence with high stamina, his sense of creativity, invention and vision in reading the game is firmly up there with the best of them. Ask Shunsuke Nakamura and Henrik Larsson. I don't think Filho disputes dat but not sure what he meant - maybe he could elaborate.  :beermug:

About Latas..I think he is class and one of a kind to come out of T&T, but I think there are many in T&T who overrate him. I think there are many in his class who are looked down as OK while Latapy is considered brilliant. For example, I think there are players who can't get a corbeaux sweat for teams like Brazil and Argentina who are better or on par with Latas in his prime. I have met enough people who would consider that sacrilege. Who disagree could disagree, but I for one could call plenty players on Latas level who playing right now who does be called shittong regular on dis site.

You find Maradona overrated? Great Krypton...!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 10:24:14 AM by Ngozi »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2008, 02:00:18 PM »

Filho, this might be one of the very few posts yuh make ah have to disagree with...Yuh think Latas is over-rated? and yes he is a ONE OF A KIND BALLER to ever come out of T&T, we not talking world here, but who else could compare with Latas from T&T...oh and he is still playing at almost 40 eh  ;D

You find Maradona overrarted? Great Krypton...!

Yep..best player I've ever seen, but not as infallible and untouchable as some remember. Diego was peerless in his generation, but people overdo it when recalling how good he was imo. Is not a dis. I just doh treat de man like he was Jesus. And a find a few players come since that reach his heights. But this is ah ole topic. No need to recycle

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2008, 02:04:09 PM »
Men getting carried away........there is no way that Shaka overrated. Shaka is one of the few players in T&T that understand how to overachieve. Nakhid another player who was not over rated; he did his job. Latas is overrated, in the sense that he is not what Trinbagonians hype him to be.

Overrated by whom? By us?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2008, 08:24:13 PM »
Nigel Pierre was overrated by many a national team coach...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2008, 08:48:01 PM »
An "overrated" thread is always pure ole talk.....

How does one measure the degree by which someone is overrated?

Rated by whom? ole talker on the forum, nuts men in the stadium, youth men who watch sec shools ball?  :-\

And how are most of these nat'l ballers being mentioned in this thread ever rated ?..... Is it by a man on the forum bawlin' "da man could play boy"...."dais a big player dread"..  :-\

For eg...Man bawl Evans Wise.... Evans Wise wasn't "overrated"- everybody knows he was sh*t....he had a good practice performance against Grenada game and he had a left foot (unlike the rest of our team), so he got a chance, and he proved himself to be as good as everyone knew he was- that being sh*t....

« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 08:52:42 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

truetrini

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2008, 09:04:59 PM »
if wasnt for shaka height he woulda get way more goal lol,,,look he come in the mls where da league is so call slower than the epl and he get more string up in mls dan anyother league he played in i remember d 5 he get lol is goal after goal then he fake out with he back ...yea rite he embarrass he come from epl to mls and getting string up :rotfl:

fella yuh talking so much shit I feel yuh should jes go and open yuh kitchen draw, pull out de sharpest knife yuh could find....den sit dong by de back door, take de knife and cut yuh wrists and dem, dat go lower yuh blood pressure and clear yuh mind.

Ah feel dat go help yuh talk less ka-ka hole!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2008, 10:39:43 PM »
An "overrated" thread is always pure ole talk.....

How does one measure the degree by which someone is overrated?

Rated by whom? ole talker on the forum, nuts men in the stadium, youth men who watch sec shools ball?  :-\

And how are most of these nat'l ballers being mentioned in this thread ever rated ?..... Is it by a man on the forum bawlin' "da man could play boy"...."dais a big player dread"..  :-\

For eg...Man bawl Evans Wise.... Evans Wise wasn't "overrated"- everybody knows he was sh*t....he had a good practice performance against Grenada game and he had a left foot (unlike the rest of our team), so he got a chance, and he proved himself to be as good as everyone knew he was- that being sh*t....

Well I knew nothing of Evans Wise until Grenada and the World Cup...did not know he was sh*t... I assumed he was simply overlooked after all those years. So I regarded him as being highly rated (after the Grenada game and Beenhakker's faith in him) before coming onto the field in Germany...and well that regard changed real fast

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2008, 11:13:56 PM »
People really dont understand de meaning of de word overrated..........

for those who dont know....overrated mean - somebody who the public keep talking highly of, yet they always fail to produce what is expected.......

For de brown sugar gyal......fus ting fus...Nobody doh talk highly of Theobald, except me and the other few forumites who know a little about and actually play football aready.....

Also, yuh cyah take Shaka glory from him.....as ah man post, look at how he mash up ah whole page on wikepedia encyclopedia.  Impressive resume.......And on top ah dat, de man come out big on de biggest stage in de world....Despite de lil chupid goal he does get every now and again...but de man is ah true professional and he know when he have to step he game up.

Again, jes like Theobald, men want to ball Rahim overrated......yuh could count on one hand, how much people does praise Rahim.....but guess what, look at de people who does big him up...is men like me and again de odders WHO KNOW BOUt FOOTBALL, and PLAY COMPETITIVE ball aready.  People jes dont get it, and dont stop to really observe people technical ability. 

Den somebody wanted to ball Latas overated....sttteeeeuuuuuuuppppppppsssssss.  De most underated footballer we have in Trinidad yuh goh call overrated.

Den ah next man ball Jughead overated........I never hear nobody over-rate jughead yet......I hear people praise him for scoring one ah Trinidad best goals, but I never hear nobody overrate him....

Personally, I agree fully with Spann being overated......So to is Autis whitley and kelvin jack.  And not to forget de famous Arnold Dwarika

PS...why all yuh letting triniscout send up all yuh pressure........his retardation not even worthy of continuous conversation
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 11:16:46 PM by kiffysmooth »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2008, 08:01:03 AM »
Den somebody wanted to ball Latas overated....sttteeeeuuuuuuuppppppppsssssss.  De most underated footballer we have in Trinidad yuh goh call overrated.

heheh. breds. i just find Trinis overrate the man. dat is not to say he not a great player in my opinion. i qualified what i meant. i just think Trinis talk about him in a light that is over the top (doh study, in the name of national defense I have heatedly overstated the brilliance of Latas to an ignoramus who trying to compare him to a next player who eh worthy). i doh care. He is our boy..if we doh big him up..who will? but it doh change the fact that we laugh at plenty players out there who better than Latas.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2008, 08:04:25 AM »
heheh. breds. i just find Trinis overrate the man. dat is not to say he not a great player in my opinion. i qualified what i meant. i just think Trinis talk about him in a light that is over the top (doh study, in the name of national defense I have heatedly overstated the brilliance of Latas to an ignoramus who trying to compare him to a next player who eh worthy). i doh care. He is our boy..if we doh big him up..who will? but it doh change the fact that we laugh at plenty players out there who better than Latas.

like who ???

1]; } ?>