May 16, 2024, 09:02:40 AM

Author Topic: Dr Keith Rowley Thread.  (Read 120656 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dr Keith Rowley Thread.
« Reply #450 on: January 14, 2016, 08:44:15 AM »
He can't beat Patos!  :devil:

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dr Keith Rowley Thread.
« Reply #451 on: January 14, 2016, 11:32:05 AM »
He can't beat Patos!  :devil:
"my dear friends".

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Governance under the Rowley Administration
« Reply #452 on: January 18, 2016, 01:50:14 PM »

Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley says the population must brace for adjustments in the light of the recession. Speaking at the opening of the Energy Conference at the Hyatt Regency Hotel this morning, the Prime Minister said declining oil prices and reduced demand required new government proposals. But he said this oil bust is different than the recession of 1986. WATCH:https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153820358895610/

He says adjustments must be made and the burden must be shared equally. Here’s the full address delivered by the Prime Minister at the Conference, which is being hosted by the Energy Chamber. The theme of the conference, which concludes on Wednesday 20th January 2016, is “Energy and Development”.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 21, 2016, 03:08:02 PM »

JUST IN: Finance Minister the Honourable Colm Imbert joined Communications Minister the Honourable Maxie Cuffie at the post Cabinet news conference today.

Minister Imbert spoke of a $500 increase in pension payments and personal tax exemption limit re: VAT issue. The Minister displayed changes to the VAT schedule at the news conference. He says 59,000 will receive some $200 more in their pay packets.

Minister Imbert said 1/3 of households will experience an increase of about $50 a month in grocery bills due to new VAT schedule.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 21, 2016, 03:26:29 PM »
13th Sitting of the House of Representatives

Summary:
~ Nine (9) papers will be laid.
~ Prime Minister's Question Time will be held.
~ Four Urgent Questions will be posed for answer.
~ Six questions qualified for Oral Answer.
~ Private Business
. Motion #1: Selection Process Order for Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner of Police (moved by the Member for Chaguanas West)
. Motion #2: Qualification and Selection Criteria Order for Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner of Police (moved by the Member for Chaguanas West)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FLjSa49zalg&amp;spfreload=10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FLjSa49zalg&amp;spfreload=10</a>

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 21, 2016, 10:21:09 PM »
Keithos worried bout liquor found and school boys getting gunned down on their way home. (real sad)

Really thought this gov't would make ah dent on crime. Maybe it's time for SP plan oui!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 22, 2016, 07:20:29 AM »
Keithos worried bout liquor found and school boys getting gunned down on their way home. (real sad)

Really thought this gov't would make ah dent on crime. Maybe it's time for SP plan oui!

ting is I doh tink it as hard to arrest d violence in Laventile, tink dat everybody concerned to much with d political risk involved, I still at a loss as to how Diego get ah temporary base and we cyah put a detachment on d hill.....d way I see it d crime could slow down or if dem fellas on d hill stupid to fire on d army, open a door to stronger action.......but as it stands somebody have to grow d balls to wrest control of the hill from d criminal element........even if sneakily creating the justification for doing so.
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 22, 2016, 07:59:11 AM »

Public servants to get their backpay before September

Newsday
Friday, January 22, 2016

Good news for public servants who are awaiting their backpay.

Finance Minister Colm Imbert is assuring that all public servants will be paid “long before September 2016.” Imbert said “we are out there in the banking sector right now, determining how much money is available, what it will cost, but we will be borrowing to pay the arrears because we simply don’t have the cash.

That will be done long before September 2016.

I don’t want to give a precise date at this time but in a month or two, I will be able to give a precise date as to when we will be settling the arrears,” the minister told reporters.

Questioned about money owed to contractors, Minister Imbert said the “last administration didn’t pay their bills (so) more and more debts are piling up and more and more payments are due.”

Revealing the total to be in the billions, Minister Imbert said paying off the debt would “require a debt management strategy” by his ministry if it is to pay contractors while investing in projects to stimulate the economy. Government is looking at the issuance of bonds to do so.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 22, 2016, 08:44:13 AM »

ting is I doh tink it as hard to arrest d violence in Laventile, tink dat everybody concerned to much with d political risk involved, I still at a loss as to how Diego get ah temporary base and we cyah put a detachment on d hill.....d way I see it d crime could slow down or if dem fellas on d hill stupid to fire on d army, open a door to stronger action.......but as it stands somebody have to grow d balls to wrest control of the hill from d criminal element........even if sneakily creating the justification for doing so.

But Diego was/is hot too! Granted I doh live on the hill nor do I know what it's like... but the citizens really have to come to a point and say enough is enough and start pointing fingers and assist the law. But then, the same "law" is 'said' to have ties with gang and criminal elements. Real mess!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 22, 2016, 09:12:56 AM »

But Diego was/is hot too! Granted I doh live on the hill nor do I know what it's like... but the citizens really have to come to a point and say enough is enough and start pointing fingers and assist the law. But then, the same "law" is 'said' to have ties with gang and criminal elements. Real mess!

Everywhere in Trinidad has a lot of crime from Enterprise to Moruga to POS to Grande.. so iz not a Laventille or Diego issue. Also it did not start yesterday and did not start few months ago.. started a long time ago. We need more solutions and public dialogue among the people about the culture of crime instead of sitting back waiting for the Government to instill values and good conduct in citizens.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:14:51 AM by Sando prince »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 22, 2016, 09:52:13 AM »

Everywhere in Trinidad has a lot of crime from Enterprise to Moruga to POS to Grande.. so iz not a Laventille or Diego issue. Also it did not start yesterday and did not start few months ago.. started a long time ago. We need more solutions and public dialogue among the people about the culture of crime instead of sitting back waiting for the Government to instill values and good conduct in citizens.

sando we reach a stage where a govt must take genuine and decisive action on crime, changing d attitude of people is one ting.....but a mind dat already rotten may be beyond redemption....so addressin law enforcement deficiencies like visibility and most importantly the apparent complete lack deductive investigation skills in our police force is key................It still boggles the mind that we don't have "rostered" patrolling and central trackin and dispatch for police in this country and worst that the police themselves actively campaign against such efforts....if u are to believe some of the stories u hear
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 22, 2016, 09:57:54 AM »

sando we reach a stage where a govt must take genuine and decisive action on crime, changing d attitude of people is one ting.....but a mind dat already rotten may be beyond redemption....so addressin law enforcement deficiencies like visibility and most importantly the apparent complete lack deductive investigation skills in our police force is key................It still boggles the mind that we don't have "rostered" patrolling and central trackin and dispatch for police in this country and worst that the police themselves actively campaign against such efforts....if u are to believe some of the stories u hear

Government has a vital role in crime such as reforming a broken judicial system and preventing drugs and guns from coming into the country but if the people have a culture of crime then there will always be a problem. If the youths have no positive role models a home but instead its a dancehall artist or hip hop artist who is preaching violence then there is a problem. If there is mentality to get rich quick instead of working hard then there is a problem. If parents do not want to be parents and instill values and good conduct in children there will always be a problem. All of this is related to crime. Because the young men who are victims to this environment will do what it takes even by illegal means to get the life they desire even if its not the right life. So what that being said, like I said before there has to be a national dialogue among the public especially the youth about crime. And we must own up to the failures in our communities so we can properly find solutions.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 22, 2016, 10:15:41 AM »
@ Sando prince

Who is waiting for the government to instill values and good conduct in citizens? Rather, the populace at large is "waiting" for a government to attack crime with steadfast application and to spawn results that reflect a notable diminution in crime, inclusive of "serious offenses".

Public dialogue? How much more are you urging? If both internal (within the law enforcement apparatus of the state) and external purges are necessary to stop the rot, then that is what must occur. Unfortunately, I detect a taint of defensive and subjective partisanship in your comments.

There must be political will manifested in action to retard the expressions of criminal activity that indicate nothing other than impunity and callous disregard for the reach of the state. If this present administration fails to recognize the magnitude of the task to which it has become a signatory, it will squander more than political consequences.

Crime is the Number One issue (even considering economic realities) and it should be treated as such, in a manner that is everything other than business as usual. Enough about the persisting legacy of the criminal environment. That is apologist nonsense. I am less interested in when it started, and more interested in how/when it will be mitigated. And, my guess is, accomplishing that would be a vote winner.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 22, 2016, 10:36:30 AM »
@ Sando prince

Who is waiting for the government to instill values and good conduct in citizens? Rather, the populace at large is "waiting" for a government to attack crime with steadfast application and to spawn results that reflect a notable diminution in crime, inclusive of "serious offenses".

Public dialogue? How much more are you urging? If both internal (within the law enforcement apparatus of the state) and external purges are necessary to stop the rot, then that is what must occur. Unfortunately, I detect a taint of defensive and subjective partisanship in your comments.

There must be political will manifested in action to retard the expressions of criminal activity that indicate nothing other than impunity and callous disregard for the reach of the state. If this present administration fails to recognize the magnitude of the task to which it has become a signatory, it will squander more than political consequences.

Crime is the Number One issue (even considering economic realities) and it should be treated as such, in a manner that is everything other than business as usual. Enough about the persisting legacy of the criminal environment. That is apologist nonsense. I am less interested in when it started, and more interested in how/when it will be mitigated. And, my guess is, accomplishing that would be a vote winner.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: could not have said it better myself, gov't come and go and no one has ever put a real policy forward for attacking crime............is time to crack d whip and maybe  a few skulls where crime is concerned...............there is an underlying impression among many in the citizenry that on many issues of crime, that the political directorate in this country is hogtied when it comes to taking real action both in the pits and at the top where the real money is, for fear of biting the hand that feeds you.

yes I said it   
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:31:54 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 22, 2016, 11:45:09 AM »
@asyumseeker this is how I know you don't live in Trinidad. Yes the Government has a vital role in tackling crime. I am sure I said that in my previous post but with that being said once there is a breakdown in family and breakdown in community crime will ALWAYS exist. It is the society itself who must also confront the issue. See you must not be aware of widespread school violence around our country. Where do you think our youths learn to behave violently? Where did they learn this from? You must not know about the increase in school bullying as well? There are numrous videos on Facebook for you to go look and see. At the end of the day crime is as much as a social problem as it is a systematic one and one cannot see the glass half full if wants to find solutions for the problem. Like I said before the people themselves have to embrace the issue as a community and family problem.

Refer to my previous post as to many examples that contribute to the culture of crime in T&T
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:52:41 AM by Sando prince »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: January 22, 2016, 12:40:53 PM »
@asyumseeker this is how I know you don't live in Trinidad. Yes the Government has a vital role in tacking crime. I am sure I said that in my previous post but with that being said once there is a breakdown in family and breakdown in community crime will ALWAYS exist. See you must not be aware of widespread school violence around our country. Where do you think our youths learn to behave violently? Where did they learn this from? You must not know about the increase in school bullying as well? There are numrous videos on Facebook for you to go look and see. At the end of the day crime is as much as a social problem as it is a systemic one and one cannot see the glass half full if wants to find solutions for the problem. Like I said before the people themselves have to embrace the issue as a community and family problem.

Refer to my previous post as to many examples that contribute to the culture of crime in T&T

Identifying symptoms is one thing. Stemming the tide is another.

Also, you are superimposing the valuation that the change in the criminal landscape in Trinidad & Tobago occurred as a result of dysfunctional intra-societal, socio-cultural issues. I am here to tell you that you are WRONG.

Incidentally, I wish geography were relevant and material to achieving an outcome regarding the criminal context in Trinidad & Tobago. However, we know that it is not. Certainly, evident outcomes suggest that the policymaking directorate (driven by our/your fellow citizens) has not made a dent by way of remediating the problem. As such, spare me the education regarding the ills of the country. It is not needed, and it wouldn't matter even if I was waving a red flag from either Guiria or Delta Amacuro, Venezuela or tracking the flight of corbeaux in Icacos.

It is high time to treat criminal conduct in Trinidad and Tobago as the orchestrated enterprise that it is.

As for bullying in schools? Am I supposed to recognize that as a new phenomenon that is untreatable? Lehwe get serious nah. Enough of the excuses already.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:52:20 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 22, 2016, 02:29:39 PM »
@asyumseeker this is how I know you don't live in Trinidad. Yes the Government has a vital role in tacking crime. I am sure I said that in my previous post but with that being said once there is a breakdown in family and breakdown in community crime will ALWAYS exist. See you must not be aware of widespread school violence around our country. Where do you think our youths learn to behave violently? Where did they learn this from? You must not know about the increase in school bullying as well? There are numrous videos on Facebook for you to go look and see. At the end of the day crime is as much as a social problem as it is a systemic one and one cannot see the glass half full if wants to find solutions for the problem. Like I said before the people themselves have to embrace the issue as a community and family problem.

Identifying symptoms is one thing. Stemming the tide is another.

Also, you are superimposing the valuation that the change in the criminal landscape in Trinidad & Tobago occurred as a result of dysfunctional intra-societal, socio-cultural issues. I am here to tell you that you are WRONG.

Incidentally, I wish geography were relevant and material to achieving an outcome regarding the criminal context in Trinidad & Tobago. However, we know that it is not. Certainly, evident outcomes suggest that the policymaking directorate (driven by our/your fellow citizens) has not made a dent by way of remediating the problem. As such, spare me the education regarding the ills of the country. It is not needed, and it wouldn't matter even if I was waving a red flag from either Guiria or Delta Amacuro, Venezuela or tracking the flight of corbeaux in Icacos.

It is high time to treat criminal conduct in Trinidad and Tobago as the orchestrated enterprise that it is.

As for bullying in schools? Am I supposed to recognize that as a new phenomenon that is untreatable? Lehwe get serious nah. Enough of the excuses already.

Well It seems we will have to agree to disagree simply because it is clear you really believe there is not a positive correlation with the disfunction in T&T due to the family breakdown/ community breakdown demise in society and the widespread culture of crime around the country. I am one of many who will definitely disagree with your point of view as I can see everyday what is taking place in the country.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 22, 2016, 05:32:33 PM »

Public servants to get their backpay before September

Newsday
Friday, January 22, 2016

Good news for public servants who are awaiting their backpay.

Finance Minister Colm Imbert is assuring that all public servants will be paid “long before September 2016.” Imbert said “we are out there in the banking sector right now, determining how much money is available, what it will cost, but we will be borrowing to pay the arrears because we simply don’t have the cash.

That will be done long before September 2016.

I don’t want to give a precise date at this time but in a month or two, I will be able to give a precise date as to when we will be settling the arrears,” the minister told reporters.

Questioned about money owed to contractors, Minister Imbert said the “last administration didn’t pay their bills (so) more and more debts are piling up and more and more payments are due.”

Revealing the total to be in the billions, Minister Imbert said paying off the debt would “require a debt management strategy” by his ministry if it is to pay contractors while investing in projects to stimulate the economy. Government is looking at the issuance of bonds to do so.

WATCH: https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153827481390610/

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 23, 2016, 07:26:50 AM »
Reading about how 'good' the boys were (hyped or not).. it's said that laughter was heard after they were shot. For f**k sakes man!

Keithos action is needed sir.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 23, 2016, 10:33:05 AM »

The Prime Minister announces security initiatives following the murders of two students from Success Laventille Secondary School

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OlnZYI9WQN0&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OlnZYI9WQN0&amp;feature=share</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 23, 2016, 11:51:37 AM »
Well It seems we will have to agree to disagree simply because it is clear you really believe there is not a positive correlation with the disfunction in T&T due to the family breakdown/ community breakdown demise in society and the widespread culture of crime around the country. I am one of many who will definitely disagree with your point of view as I can see everyday what is taking place in the country.

And this is what I am talking about.. A culture of crime that is engrained from a young age. Everything starts at home. Where did these children learn this behaviour from?  Many many more examples like this..

https://www.facebook.com/100010398488509/videos/179664619056820/

« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:35:32 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 23, 2016, 04:53:35 PM »
Ban Carnival.   
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 23, 2016, 05:48:59 PM »
Ban Carnival.   

Why? Carnival is not the cause of these murderous behavior? Pick something else.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 23, 2016, 07:18:35 PM »
Ban Carnival.   

Why? Carnival is not the cause of these murderous behavior? Pick something else.

You seem so certain.  Highly, spiritual country with selective spirituality.  Especially when it comes to the merits of Carnival and what it has become. 

Ok, then ban Bacchus..  The same spiritual being from which we get our very popular word, Bacchanal.. 

"Dionysus was also known as Bacchus and the frenzy he induces, "bakcheia". He is the patron deity of agriculture and the theatre. He was also known as the Liberator (Eleutherios), freeing one from one's normal self, by madness, ecstasy, or wine. The divine mission of Dionysus was to mingle the music of the aulos and to bring an end to care and worry. Scholars have discussed Dionysus' relationship to the "cult of the souls" and his ability to preside over communication between the living and the dead." http://www.crystalinks.com/bacchus.html 

To eat the fruit you must sow the seed.  You can't solve this stuff half way.  You can't behave you cyah fete.   :P

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 23, 2016, 10:21:45 PM »
You can't behave, you can't fete?!!

Except Preacher, we are the irreverent authors of the "curfew fete". The paradox of it all. :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 10:37:25 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 23, 2016, 11:16:30 PM »

Except Preacher, we are the irreverent authors of the "curfew fete". The paradox of it all. :)

Then at least you know who you feteing with.  But let me ask this.

Do you think the populace of our blessed homeland is ready to be armed?  As in own a licensed firearm or is that going in another direction?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 23, 2016, 11:50:22 PM »

Then at least you know who you feteing with.  But let me ask this.

Do you think the populace of our blessed homeland is ready to be armed?  As in own a licensed firearm or is that going in another direction?

Right now, many ppl with licensed firearms are unaffected by the goings-on.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 24, 2016, 11:46:07 AM »
14th Sitting of the House of Representatives

Summary:
~ Three papers will be laid.
~ Two interim reports of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Property (Amendment) Bill 2015 and the Whistleblower Protection Bill, 2015 will be presented.
~ One report of the Standing Finance Committee will be presented.
~ Three questions qualify for oral answer.
~ The Finance (Variation of Appropriation) (Financial Year 2015) Bill, 2016 will be introduced.
~ Motions:
. Adoption of the 1st Report of the Standing Finance Committee on the consideration of proposals for the Variation of Appropriation for the fiscal year 2015. (moved by the Minister of Finance)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aJlfgU86H3w&amp;spfreload=10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aJlfgU86H3w&amp;spfreload=10</a>
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:17:37 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 25, 2016, 02:37:55 PM »
14th Sitting of the House of Representatives

Summary:
~ Three papers will be laid.
~ Two interim reports of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Property (Amendment) Bill 2015 and the Whistleblower Protection Bill, 2015 will be presented.
~ One report of the Standing Finance Committee will be presented.
~ Three questions qualify for oral answer.
~ The Finance (Variation of Appropriation) (Financial Year 2015) Bill, 2016 will be introduced.
~ Motions:
. Adoption of the 1st Report of the Standing Finance Committee on the consideration of proposals for the Variation of Appropriation for the fiscal year 2015. (moved by the Minister of Finance)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aJlfgU86H3w&amp;spfreload=10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aJlfgU86H3w&amp;spfreload=10</a>

Terrance and Al Rawi most times seem to have the Opposition on the defence and confused as to how to respond to their contributions.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:50:53 PM by Sando prince »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 25, 2016, 07:09:35 PM »
I love how we continue to act like crime and criminality is something specific to us and our "breakdown" in family values and moral..Blah blah blah blah.

How are the actions of these men any different to what ISIS doing in Syria? Men executing children in school uniform in the street and we here still talking about dialogue? Soldiers going on "patrol"...is a f**k airstrike them need...plain and simple...These are not men..they are beasts...I don't care that bullying as increased and the crime is now part of our culture. If they know for a fact that they could commit crime and get away they would do it....How much more dialogue is needed before we admit to ourselves that we simply need to wipe those people off the face of earth.

Is a small handful of people who have this country in chaos...Both upper and lower society scum

1]; } ?>