May 12, 2024, 10:16:33 AM

Author Topic: Cyd Gray  (Read 38859 times)

Offline Jack Adams

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • the green room - the independent yeovil town forum
Re: Cyd Gray???
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2006, 02:33:31 PM »
But it's amazing how a club's fortune's can change when a Rich owner comes along though isn't it Ryan?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2006, 03:42:22 PM »
But it's amazing how a club's fortune's can change when a Rich owner comes along though isn't it Ryan?

Yeah....my local team plays at Stamford Bridge  ;D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 03:44:11 PM by Ryan »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2006, 03:56:30 PM »
Allyuh look at it dis way....not too long ago....clubs like Wigan & Bolton used to languish in de nether regions of de English leagues.  Now dey are "respectable clubs in de EPL".  Same could happen wit Yeovil.  Likely?  Maybe not but there is the possibility.

De question allyuh really have to ask is.....

Is Cyd Gray better off at Jabloteh or with a club like Yeovil?.....assumin he does get signed of course.

Bolton is a much bigger club than Yeovil, and have featured in the top division several times before this most recent stint

Wigan are owned by a very rich man (who owns the UK equivalent of Foot Locker)

Yeovil don't have the same size or ambition as either of those clubs. They've done very well by their standards over the last 4 years, but have probably peaked.

JJB is Big (as in the money the man makes from it) but its no equivalent to Foot Locker :rotfl: :rotfl:

JD's is.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2006, 04:08:27 PM »
What Cyd really going there for? How much did they finish in the table last season?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2006, 04:35:18 PM »
What Cyd really going there for? How much did they finish in the table last season?

2006/2007: Currently 10th with 1 win and 2 draws; 3 goals scored, 2 conceded
2005/2006: Finished 15th out of 24 with 15 wins, 11 draws and 20 losses; 54 goals scored, 62 goals conceded
2004/2005: Coca Cola League Two Champions
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2006, 04:56:31 PM »
Thanks Tallman :beermug:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2006, 07:57:51 PM »
Big Player like Lawrence jus gone Swansea and man disappointed bout El Cid goin Yeovil...from Jabloteh....was ah slow day or wha?

add: btw, they above everywhere the rest ah we best defenders are right now...I thinking damn lucky for Cyd...Congrats
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 08:01:56 PM by maxg »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 18, 2006, 10:08:38 PM »

What we need for our players is exposeure. The lowest rank team will give Cyd and them fellas exposeure  like playing and training like they will neva do at Jabloteh. It is obvious that players like Lawerence held their on at the WC because of the exposeure so I hope that he gets sign for whatever team that is because he could only benefit.

My 2 cents.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2006, 10:15:59 PM »
Big Player like Lawrence jus gone Swansea and man disappointed bout El Cid goin Yeovil...from Jabloteh....?
Man disappointed because he had a shot at Middlesbrough.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2006, 10:37:11 PM »
Big Player like Lawrence jus gone Swansea and man disappointed bout El Cid goin Yeovil...from Jabloteh....?
Man disappointed because he had a shot at Middlesbrough.

I disappointed real bad........

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2006, 01:11:28 AM »

What we need for our players is exposeure. The lowest rank team will give Cyd and them fellas exposeure  like playing and training like they will neva do at Jabloteh. It is obvious that players like Lawerence held their on at the WC because of the exposeure so I hope that he gets sign for whatever team that is because he could only benefit.

My 2 cents.

No offence but that opinion was worth 2 cents. Playing at those lower division clubs wont give any players any serious exposure. The players dont  get on tv and scouts dont coming looking. Gray is a championship league player and he needs to play in that league.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2006, 02:18:12 AM »
Allyuh look at it dis way....not too long ago....clubs like Wigan & Bolton used to languish in de nether regions of de English leagues.  Now dey are "respectable clubs in de EPL".  Same could happen wit Yeovil.  Likely?  Maybe not but there is the possibility.

De question allyuh really have to ask is.....

Is Cyd Gray better off at Jabloteh or with a club like Yeovil?.....assumin he does get signed of course.

Bolton is a much bigger club than Yeovil, and have featured in the top division several times before this most recent stint

Wigan are owned by a very rich man who owns the UK equivalent of Foot Locker)

Yeovil don't have the same size or ambition as either of those clubs. They've done very well by their standards over the last 4 years, but have probably peaked.

JJB is Big (as in the money the man makes from it) but its no equivalent to Foot Locker :rotfl: :rotfl:

JD's is.

Carib, this is completely irrelavant to this thread, but I was just making a simple analogy, no need to shoot it down  :D (being American, obviously Foot Locker is bigger)

BTW - JJB was the UK' second largest sports retailer in 2005, ahead of JD. (The company who own Lillywhites was first)  :beermug:

Offline Jack Adams

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2006, 03:37:37 AM »
No offence but that opinion was worth 2 cents. Playing at those lower division clubs wont give any players any serious exposure. The players dont  get on tv and scouts dont coming looking. Gray is a championship league player and he needs to play in that league.

Sorry but you are wrong.  League One does get shown on TV, maybe not as much as the 2 high Leagues but to say it doesn't get shown is incorrect.

Also scouts are at games all the time.  i'd same every game there would be a scout there, even at our level. 

Just because we are the 3rd level over here doesn't mean it's rubbish.  The teams in this division for this season include Nottingham Forest - Ex 2 time European Cup winners, Bradford City, Bristol City, Millwall.  I know it's only 3 level, but League One is a very competative and well supported league.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2006, 07:44:43 PM »
Forgive me for being selfish I want the players to develop so the Soca warriors could get benefit. I am sure that Gray is far better than that team but as a Trini unless you are realllllllllllllllll special you eh go get into the Premiership. That is the fact. The guys have to make a livin and they are doing that plus as I said they will develop to the benefit of the Soca Warriors. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2006, 04:43:58 PM »
After de cut ass Middlesborough get from Reading last weekend they defence could do with someone like Cyd Gray they better cough up de money now, because they defence real soft.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2006, 06:13:19 AM »
Yeovil in the same division as Gillingham and Swansea so I don't see what all the negativity regarding this move is about. Cyd Gray does not deserve a better contract than Lawrence or Sancho, based on the World Cup and based on their experience in the UK already.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2006, 06:18:56 AM »
WHy alyuh jest doe be happy for Cyd and say thanks for small mercies.

Cyd ent no 18 yr old.

Cyd ent no big player.

Cyd has improved tremendously

and finally and most importantly.

Cyd is over 30...In fact I think he is 32 or older.

So any lil bligh he get is a blessing.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2006, 06:53:07 AM »
Yeovil in the same division as Gillingham and Swansea so I don't see what all the negativity regarding this move is about. Cyd Gray does not deserve a better contract than Lawrence or Sancho, based on the World Cup and based on their experience in the UK already.
ent.....well said.....

congrats bredda.... :beermug:

and all yuh have to remember dat middlesborough talk was just rumours from a man named...."arouca".....

all yuh memories short oui....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2006, 06:54:18 AM »
Is this ah tryout or Contract sign ?

Offline Jack Adams

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2006, 11:01:34 AM »
Hi Max.

It's a tryout.  He's here now as I understand.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2006, 11:09:28 AM »
Hi Max.

It's a tryout.  He's here now as I understand.

Would you please have a look at him or if you are not able to then at least keep us up to dat with the happenings of this trial?

thanx in advance

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jack Adams

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2006, 11:19:32 AM »
I'll keep you informed.  I wont be able to see him myself, but have spoke to someone who has, and they are impressed by him.  They thought he was very quick as well.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2006, 11:57:42 AM »
I'll keep you informed.  I wont be able to see him myself, but have spoke to someone who has, and they are impressed by him.  They thought he was very quick as well.

indeed... his strongest point is probably his speed... i dont think there is much of anyboyd he cant keep up with once he keeps his temperment in check and continues to mature the way he has since world cup qualifying he can still be a very big player in england.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2006, 12:09:37 PM »
No offence but that opinion was worth 2 cents. Playing at those lower division clubs wont give any players any serious exposure. The players dont get on tv and scouts dont coming looking. Gray is a championship league player and he needs to play in that league.

Sorry but you are wrong. League One does get shown on TV, maybe not as much as the 2 high Leagues but to say it doesn't get shown is incorrect.

Also scouts are at games all the time. i'd same every game there would be a scout there, even at our level.

Just because we are the 3rd level over here doesn't mean it's rubbish. The teams in this division for this season include Nottingham Forest - Ex 2 time European Cup winners, Bradford City, Bristol City, Millwall. I know it's only 3 level, but League One is a very competative and well supported league.

What I object to is people say he will gain exposure. The level of exposure greatly diminishes as you get lower and lower in the leagues. Even within the EPL do you think ITV or BBC will make there game of the week Wigan vs Sheff Utd when bigger teams are playing.

I will take one thing back about what I said. I now this is good move for him considering his age and level of experiance. However dont give me that exposure crap.

Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto

Offline Jack Adams

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2006, 12:30:13 PM »
Hi Marc.

Hear what you are saying.  But I still don't agree with this sentance.  "The players dont get on tv and scouts dont coming looking."

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2006, 12:55:21 PM »
With regards to his age the man 30 this year.ttff have his age wrong.I could tell you i play gains the man under 14 when i went in 1st form and i ent 30 yet.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2006, 01:18:35 PM »
Hi Marc.

Hear what you are saying. But I still don't agree with this sentance. "The players dont get on tv and scouts dont coming looking."

Could you tell me how many players have been bought from your club in the last couple of years by Premeirship league teams?
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto

Offline Jack Adams

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2006, 01:48:32 PM »
Gavin Williams West Ham. 2 years ago.
Lee Johnson Hearts. 8 months ago.
Chris Weale - Trialled at West Ham but got injured before joining. Just over a year ago.
Bartosz Tarachulski joined  Dunfermline after leaving us.
Efe Sodje and Steve Collis joined Southend in the Championship.
Andrejs Stolcers, Latvian International joined FK Baku.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2006, 07:46:28 AM »
Exposeure is not + to scous and BBC etc. They will exposed to playing in a Professional League and team. They will get exposed to training day in day out. they will get exposed to different conditions crowds etc etc etc. Thus to the benefit of the Soca Warriors.

Not to mention the money they will make. As we all saw in the WC the players can hold their own. They eh playin in the EPL but they aeh apack of hounds neither.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2006, 10:51:10 AM »
Hi Marc.

Hear what you are saying. But I still don't agree with this sentance. "The players dont get on tv and scouts dont coming looking."

Could you tell me how many players have been bought from your club in the last couple of years by Premeirship league teams?

If he plays well this season for Yeovil and he plays well for jabloteh, he will be noticed more if at Yeovil.  simple as that!!

In any case, why do u feel the need to ask this question? Are u a scout?

Does cyd gray owe u a large sum of money and u need him to get a big contract fast so that he can pay u back?  Why the insistance on the premiership?

Just be happy for the players.  Are u based in Trinidad? When last u went to a PFL game?  I tell u marc, the standard is poor.  The only good games are the major match ups between Jabloteh and W Conn (and sometimes they chose to fight). 

Plus playing in front of larger crowds on a weekly basis is another factor. This does not mean that i want to settle for mediocrity, it just means that i am a realist! I think we only have two players that can stand up to the rigors of the premierleague........carlos and brent!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>