May 21, 2024, 03:01:43 AM

Author Topic: The Metamorphic Warrior.  (Read 15378 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: The Metamorphic Warrior.
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2006, 10:34:42 AM »
I think being able to compete at international level is more important than reprsenting schools. In mosts cases the youths have another opportunity to play for schools if they wish.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2006, 10:47:03 AM »
How is the camp going to run concurrently with the SSFL when there is something like 3 games a week?

The SSFL has refused to change its format for years now saying that the season can't be prolonged because of academics so they cramp everything into a few months.
They are not going to compromise because they do not want football to be a top priority over academics.

How can any program at all be run concurrently with the SSFL with their current structure?

This is for doc   ;D
An imaginary setup:

If there was going to be a live-in camp my guess the best time would be the weekend but it have SSFL games then so they hadda miss them games.  Before school much harder to pull off than after school so I don't know if that could work.  They could give each of them a workout program to do and have a trainer designated to work with them in the morning somewhere close to their home.
Maybe 1/2 sessions a week after school but broken up into zones if possible.  If not zones then 1 session during the week at the training center after school.  Meals, transportation, study area everything provided. Sleep there, lights out 10pm, and then leave early in the morning for school be it 5am or 6am.  No physical training that morning so they getting up normal time.  Does this include Tobago players?  Depends on how reliable that airbridge is.

What is the compromise with SSFL?  That they don't play in weekend games?

I see all this heading toward an academy.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2006, 10:51:04 AM »
So Dutty, because of TTFF history they branded for life ?

Lemmih use a bad analogy to answer that

If your brother is ah crackhead...ah serious piper, always lickin up ting in yuh house to get he next high

One day he gone to rehab, come out a few weeks later sayin he clean, he is ah changed man and he just want to stay by yuh for a couple days,,,yuh will still hide yuh TV and DVD player ent??
you know something Dutty, yuh right...
that is a bad analogy!!!
well,, ah tell yuh was ah bad one  ;)

Hear wha I doh understand how allyuh fellahs so gung ho to have this elite ting....you applyin u.s. history of elite to ah place with a different culture and mindset

TTFF will take them youths in elite camp,,run dem ragged with 'discipline and structure' and if tihings doh work out..simply abandon it or slow funding ....as is/was the precedent in years past

ANYBODY that has done well on a global stage for T&T didnt get put in no camp , Bovell Ato,Hasley Yorke etc etc

Dem fellahs have a passion for the sport because they enjoy it,,the passion is what gives the discipline and drive to advance, the talent can be enhanced or focused later on

You put some youths in that kinda 'camp' go have 2 effects....egos will overpower or passionate flames for the game will be extinguished

Additionally, what about late bloomers...youths who wasnt all that hot when the scouting for 'the chosen ones' was in effect.....but later on find dey form?

Ah realize we go never agree on dis one mr. mc..but keep in mind is TTFF we talkin bout

My agreement with the removal of the the players from the SSFL and a live in camp for nashies, is dependant of IF there is a plan in place for what to do with these youths once they not running college ball, i understand that we have not heard of what they would have been doing had they been prevented from playing
But i am assuming, that regular training and matches would have been the order of the day.
Just because others have done it without camps and govt assistance, does not mean its the best way to do it.
How many more world class athelets might we have produced had there been a system in place to identify and nuture these youths, heck I myself might have turned into an Olympic runner with a li help from the Govt back in my day, a lil help with a schol, a national coach checking up to see how I am progressing, ivitataion to come back home and train and compete, all these things could have made a difference.

Also to the point, of these kids training everymorning, and the logistics of that, Shastri Roberts was in FATIMA with me back in the late 80s, most mornings he would show up to school with white residue on his face, from the cholrine in the pool, cause he trained in the mornings, and he also missed alot of school with meets and stuff, best believe he still got good grades.
It can be done but again with help fo the Govt and or TTFF, if they all lived in one location, problem solve, wake up train, travel to your school back to camp.  Give the fellas a lil daily stipend or travel assistance, have a driver drop men to school.
shimps just because it will be difficult is not reason to say frig it we cyah do it!!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2006, 11:00:57 AM »

Also to the point, of these kids training everymorning, and the logistics of that, Shastri Roberts was in FATIMA with me back in the late 80s, most mornings he would show up to school with white residue on his face, from the cholrine in the pool, cause he trained in the mornings, and he also missed alot of school with meets and stuff, best believe he still got good grades.

Maybe he was just bright. or have real good retention...both his parents are lawyers, perhaps academics was paramount in that house

Lord knows he brother doh stop talking...dais de genetics dat lawyers does pass down  ;)

I remember him doin well against carribbean competition in the pool....but international??..........

ah sure swima go put mih in mih place on dat one  :D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2006, 11:17:06 AM »

This is for doc   ;D
An imaginary setup:

If there was going to be a live-in camp my guess the best time would be the weekend but it have SSFL games then so they hadda miss them games.  Before school much harder to pull off than after school so I don't know if that could work.  They could give each of them a workout program to do and have a trainer designated to work with them in the morning somewhere close to their home.
Maybe 1/2 sessions a week after school but broken up into zones if possible.  If not zones then 1 session during the week at the training center after school.  Meals, transportation, study area everything provided. Sleep there, lights out 10pm, and then leave early in the morning for school be it 5am or 6am.  No physical training that morning so they getting up normal time.  Does this include Tobago players?  Depends on how reliable that airbridge is.

What is the compromise with SSFL?  That they don't play in weekend games?

I see all this heading toward an academy.
The following was in an earlier thread. If what was stated there addresses the questions regarding the "known" plan, is the "plan" discussed one and the same?
       Sports / Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum / Re: Are we going to be ‘also rans’?       on: September 19, 2006, 01:47:28 PM
Quote from: Mr Mc on September 19, 2006, 01:29:14 PM
I really think alot of this backlash is because is Anton Corneal who make the statement and the way he phrased it by saying he want to 'BAN' National players from the SSFL.
If he had done as someone suggested and simply scheduled paractice everyday, matches against other teams and camps and clinics...
nobody would have complained, except the coaches and schools, everybody else woulda simply say, "well what yuh go do the boys and them have to go National Team training."
What I gathered from Liburd's article about the "proposed ban" were:
1. That he would rather have the players do strength and endurance training, plus play some friendlies. On information and belief, there are no friendlies planned or in the works - red herring. I firmly believe that the endurance training can be structured around the SSFL schedule. Further, what can be done is to have the players gathered periodically for testing and monitoring.

2. He is concerned about bad habits setting in from playing in a slower paced game. That should not be a concern if the players have inculcated the habits of playing faster and simpler.

Based on those primary concern being satisfied, I still believe that Anton's proposed ban (as I understand it) is wide of the mark!
Live large and prosper!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2006, 11:36:45 AM »
How you going to ensure they don't pick up bad habits when u have no control over the SSFL games and training?

3 games a week..plus the regular training.  How you working around that to get serious work done?

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2006, 12:18:38 PM »
How you going to ensure they don't pick up bad habits when u have no control over the SSFL games and training?

3 games a week..plus the regular training.  How you working around that to get serious work done?
I am assuming these questions are for me. My understanding of strength and endurance work at this time is probably going to be background work or some maintenance. If you understand periodization, then you want the players in peak condition close to the tournament. So in my mind, its doable.
Playing the game present gives the players opportunities to find solutions for situations one would encounter in games. Yes the speed may be slower than one would like, but what can be learned in that environment can also be beneficial for the players. The players have to have some responsibility in their progress as players and would know the importance of heeding the directives they've been given. This kind of thinking would close the door on other players who may emerge as potential nationals in this season.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2006, 03:40:28 AM »
That was a nice read. Hopefully both can work together for the betterment of the players and not themselves.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2006, 06:53:08 AM »
Ah want everybody who post on this thread to go to this site

http://www.ssfl.org/

(if yuh cant click on it type it in or cut and paste but go to it)

Read the coach interviews and tell mih if allyuh really feel this league is nothing more than a gallery BS league !!!!!
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2008, 07:36:41 AM »
Nice article....

1]; } ?>