May 09, 2024, 10:42:35 AM

Author Topic: Extra Long Screen Names  (Read 1271 times)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Extra Long Screen Names
« on: January 22, 2007, 10:19:16 AM »
Ah notice lately dat some ppl screen names getting real long and ting ..

to de point where it taking up multiple lines on the Index Board, reducing the number of posts that are summarized on a single page .

So to help out, I have shortened my name so that de bandwiidth consumption go balance the increased usage taken up by dem extra long names.... :devil: :devil: :devil:

Hopefully, we will all contribute to reduced bandwidth and avert climate change... ;D
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Extra Long Screen Names
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 10:30:51 AM »
Man, and I thought that shorterning we name would stop all dat sand blowing over to the Caribbean from Africa or does it cut down on the amount of threads bout dat player from FDR or is it RDE :devil:
I ent want to be no WC so I goin wid RH
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 10:39:43 AM by RH »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 03:18:50 PM »
mine good length already!  8)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 01:52:54 PM »

So to help out, I have shortened my name so that de bandwiidth consumption go balance the increased usage taken up by dem extra long names.... :devil: :devil: :devil:

Hopefully, we will all contribute to reduced bandwidth and avert climate change... ;D

well boss I doh know how your changed name could help wit de global warmin ting but good luck

by de way..suppose some new person think that p means pokey or {Oops}
man go track yuh...watch yuhself
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 02:00:28 PM »

well boss I doh know how your changed name could help wit de global warmin ting but good luck

by de way..suppose some new person think that p means pokey or {Oops}
man go track yuh...watch yuhself

'p' could also stand for 'prick' .. a name that several ppl have accidently called me in de past ..

Nevertheless ... I figure that if everyting could cause global warming ah mean climate change, den it stands to reason that anyting that reduces resource consumption should also affect climate change too. :-\ :-\
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 02:10:34 PM »
[
I figure that if everyting could cause global warming ah mean climate change, den it stands to reason that anyting that reduces resource consumption should also affect climate change too. :-\ :-\

Nice logic... prick   :devil:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>