May 15, 2024, 02:16:57 AM

Author Topic: Sad to say discontinue the pro league.  (Read 5755 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sad to say discontinue the pro league.
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 05:20:50 PM »
I have a questtion is the pro league set up like other leagues around the world where there're home and away games,you know like napoli playing inter in milan and vice versa?

Yuh should first be asking how many teams have ah home field tuh begin with

That was my next question it should've been my first.

It's really only Joe Public (Marvin Lee Stadium), W-Connection (Ato Boldon Stadium), and Tobago United (Dwight Yorke Stadium). But Tobago get kick out, so dey eh relly count right now.

North East Stars trying tuh establish Sangre Grande Recreation Ground as dey home turf, and Jabloteh say dey wanted tuh try ah ting in Santa Cruz.

So this whole thing in the beginning was planned out badly then,is like putting the cart before the horse,when it should've been building stadiums in every municipality which in turn create jobs,these assholes were so greedy they could'nt see the wisdom in that I mean I could still remember the days when big games would be played in tacarigua eddie hart league or the aranguez league the crowd turnouts were amazing of course it was free,but I think the same could be accomplished if they made the games affordable for the local community and mind you some areas pull two or three teams so the stadiums would be shared.

No f**king rocket science in that...... 

who building all dem stadiums for the clubs (which are private enterprises)??

I guess they could lobby some foreign interest to pump some monies in each city I'm sure there're the powers that be who could see to that.

I for one will definitely entertain contributing some money from a serious group to build a stadium in my old neighborhood of barataria and trincity for which I spent my later years.   

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 05:42:58 PM »
It is all about money. The teams or the league need a sponsor or sponsors with deep pockets. Right now there is no one in TT with deep pocket or at least if they pocket deep they ain't spending it on football. The PFL management need to convince the sponsors that the pro-league will be beneficial for them.

Then let's look at the teams and the demographics of the country. Football is not centered around POS anymore. jack has done everything to kill POS football. All the POS teams are dead or playing lower division. The 3 pro-teams, DF, Rangers and Mau Pau vie for the fans from Laventille to Diego and Carenage. Now the home field for these 3 is supposed to be HCS. That is heavy ware and tear on the stadium field. Are there any other fields in the POS area where those 3 teams can collect money from fans. NO. The IRONY is, the stadium needs activities to pay for itself, but the very low attendances for these club does not make the use of HCS financially viable.

Solution. Coordinate with the POS city council to build a small stadium in the QPS. This stadium should be the new(astro-turf) turf field, because is 3 teams using it. And I am sure the POS schools will want to use it too. They can get maximum usage without worrying about the playing surface. The 3 teams on a rotation basis can still use HCS for some  home games. The QPS stadium is needed because you don't know when Anil get a vaps to have some kind of other activity in the HCS that brings in more money than them 3 PFL teams.

Solution 2.Jabloteh and AIA should be playing in Aranguez Savannah. Build a small field turf stadium for them . There is enough room in the there to accomodate one lil stadium.
Solution 3. Football lovers, fans, business, PFL should try and assist NE to acquire a field in the Grande area. Man, there is still room in that area for a small field for them. I don't think it make sense for them to play their home games in Arima.

Solution 4. South teams needs money. they have access to more facilities than the teams in the EW corridor.

Solution 5. W Connection and Central. I honestly don't know if Connection is a Central team or a South team. Or they are playing in both areas because there is no other pro team in that entire area.

To be honest and I don't think it would make much of a difference if the league folded. The "pro" teams will still be the same. The only thing is thant the teams will be at the mercy of the TTFF, the super league is run by the TTFF. the "pro"-league is supposedly run by the "pro" clubs. But I would not like to see the league fold.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 05:48:19 PM by Deeks »

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2010, 07:57:52 PM »
The league does not need to be discontinued what needs to happen is it needs to come under the bracket of the TTFF , most European leagues are at least affiliated to the FA.

After the TTFF have proven they they are failures at everything they touch we need our pro league to stay as far from the TTFF as possible.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2010, 08:31:28 PM »
The league does not need to be discontinued what needs to happen is it needs to come under the bracket of the TTFF , most European leagues are at least affiliated to the FA.

After the TTFF have proven they they are failures at everything they touch we need our pro league to stay as far from the TTFF as possible.
Touch-shay!!!!!! keep the TTFF as far away from the running of the league. The pro-league is affiliated to the TTFF but is run by the clubs, including JP.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2010, 09:23:28 PM »

who building all dem stadiums for the clubs (which are private enterprises)??

I guess they could lobby some foreign interest to pump some monies in each city I'm sure there're the powers that be who could see to that.

I for one will definitely entertain contributing some money from a serious group to build a stadium in my old neighborhood of barataria and trincity for which I spent my later years.   

Building all dem stadium is ah waste of money because they will be severely underutilized in the off-season.  It costs money to operate them stadiums, even on off-days.  Gate receipts won't generate enough to cover overhead and even with corporate sponsorship it simply is too inefficient a practice to have each team have a home stadium in such a small congested place as TnT.  Much better would it be to have a series of regional (as it is now), or shared stadiums, where teams would pair up and partner to split the costs.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2010, 09:29:20 PM »
Sure add 2 d unemployment rate.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2010, 09:21:29 PM »
How many coaches in the TT Pro League currently hold coaching license of any kind other than Terry Fenwick?

If the answer to that question is none, then that is probably the reason why the Pro League is a joke. The commissioner should be fired for that blunderous oversight, the club owners are lazy and lackadaisacal, the players are being stunted in their growth, the major reason why the league cannot compete with clubs from other leagues in the region, why the fans don't give a shit about the football on a club level and why the national team don't have a bigger pool of quality, technically skillful local players to choose from. Yeah, I am oversimplyfying things a bit here, but I am not far off from the source of the problem in the so called TT Pro League.

If this is the case then it is time for the media to publish this findings out to the fans of tt football, and to the owners of every single club in the tt pro league except Jobloteh of who holds a coaching license and who doesn't.

For, if the fans of the game demand that the players raise the level of their game, then we should demand that the owners of every single club team demand that the commissioner request that every coach in the league raise his game by obtaining a coaching license or two. Dwight just got his license. Fenwick has his. Why should they be the only two?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:24:00 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2010, 10:34:38 PM »
What about Stuart Charles? I thought he did some course in Brazil. Anyone? The owners barely have money. They using mostly local coaches.

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2010, 11:26:32 PM »
Yeh cop out..while we at it ban football.Simplistic idea at best.
tell them it was me

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2010, 05:26:15 PM »
I have worked with all these coaches, they all are good coaches they have all gotten there certificates,not sure about Streete Sancho and Kelvin Jones.The problem is that the general public do not give the league any credit,it is a poor man league when you still have men taking taxi and maxi to go home. The private sector will not get involve unless it is an international game and the crowds come out,The players are not rewarding there employers by raising the standard of the games and by extension doing well on the national team when selected like it should.The u15,u17,u23 players are already looking abroad for there future.The Solution scrap the league, make it a Nation league where other clubs can afford to play.Why?WE NEED A BIGGER POOL TO CHOOSE PLAYERS FROM, it is proven not all the best players play in the pro league,U17 players must be the highest paid players,then there will be an added interest to stay and play in the league,the youth teams should do better the standard will raise and by five years in the programme you may have a couple of young players offered contracts overseas, the older players could branch out to companies and then the national senior team will be much better and younger. We know who to blame give some solutions.       

1]; } ?>