May 09, 2024, 01:24:41 PM

Author Topic: It's OFFICIAL - LATAPY APPOINTED INTERIM HEAD COACH  (Read 26203 times)

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
Re: LATAPY APPOINTED HEAD COACH
« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2009, 03:14:21 PM »
i have a song for Mats to play in his Ipod on the flight back to Columbia.... Im Going Back To CALI by Notorious BIG :devil:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:54:51 PM by RGarcia »
All American

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2009, 03:18:25 PM »
Good Riddance..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »
Weary,
           It means a lot to me. That do mean I against the move that was made by the TTFF. What counts is results. Our results are poor. Change had to be made. But Let to be known, our downfall is primarily in mid-field. Secondly the team nucleus is based in the EPL. Right they playing SHIT, I hope Latas find a solution those two problems for the next game. Or he will get the "roses" from this web-site.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2009, 03:37:29 PM »
i doh know why ppl fightin dong latas before d man get a chance to prove heself. allyuh eh know wat ideas he comin wid, allyuh eh kno how d team go respond to him. give d blasted man a  chance. lewwe see wat he comin wid first, den allyuh cud talk allyuh talk.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2009, 03:38:07 PM »
Good luck Latas- let's get this done
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2009, 03:38:42 PM »
i ahve a song for Mats to play in his Ipod on the flight back to Columbia.... Im Going Back To CALI by Notorious BIG :devil:

Mats is old School. Yuh need to put de LL Cool J version on he walkman.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2009, 03:39:51 PM »
I guess the u-20's and the seniors will train as one side until the next game? I cah see Vranes abandoning them at this juncture...

ah could see some u-20 outperforming senior men in training, that is unless some senior men step up dey game(i.e if dey have one), i just hoping for de best yes.

men might be fighting down Latas because dey might suspect or know (for a fact) dat he played a part in selecting de team since he got appointed?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 05:50:47 PM by Fyzoman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline SabreWolves

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2009, 03:42:06 PM »
Congrats Latas,   NOW start getting your team in game shape ( also, teach them the importance of first touch wen receiving a pass)

Good Luck,  we all behind you...

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2009, 03:48:53 PM »
Yesss! glad to see this finally happen... I hope latapy do well and make the right call ups...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2009, 03:50:01 PM »
Congrats Latas,   NOW start getting your team in game shape ( also, teach them the importance of first touch wen receiving a pass)

Good Luck,  we all behind you...

Something that an academy-trained 8-year-old in South America, Mexico, Africa, Asia or Europe already know.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2009, 03:52:45 PM »
Positive step....hope the magician can handle his business on the sidelines as he did on the field.

Hasta la Vista Matas!!!!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2009, 03:57:30 PM »
GOOD RIDDANCE!!....

Now on the Latapy pick for "interim" coach, uuuuummmmm forgive mih if ah eh do cartwheels....I'll take a wait and see approach....

Why so?!  Yuh scared to start celebrating?! :devil:

Brownsugar jes bein consistent. 

She eh ressin till Trini Terry is named Head Coach!... ;D

Are you implying that Brownsugar likes milk in her coffee?
If so tell her I've got white genes in meh family bloodline so please doh blank me on face value when we eventually meet!!!  ;)  ;D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:59:13 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Corbeaux

« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2009, 04:00:29 PM »
I always knew Maturana was going, would have liked a foreign coach though but Latapy is good too even though it is an interrim period.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 04:03:39 PM by Corbeaux »

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2009, 04:12:45 PM »
I doh know bout all yuh, but it is obvious dat we going and get ah coach before de next game.....de team cannot be coachless at any given time, hence de reason to jes appoint Latas as de coach in de mean time......Doh dig no horrors, Latas role is on de field and as long as he keep fit, dat is where we will see him come game time.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2009, 04:17:43 PM »
Lets see how this goes. As with all things TTFF related...i cynically optimistic.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2009, 04:48:05 PM »
Well i hope things will change for the better. Though I agree with Pacho being out of the picture I am unsure if Latas will make this team better. Not all great players become great coaches. But it seems as though when he (Latas) is on the field that all the players' confidence seem to grow so I just hope this happens from him being on the sidelines. If one thing I am sure about is that the squad selection will be much better...........................................I also wonder with Latas being a national icon if he were to fail, wud the fans here call for his head as they did with Pacho?....

Also I would like to thank Maturana for assisting us so far in the campaign...Although I wanted him out I did understand his tactics sometimes....Sometimes a coach tactics works out and he is labelled a genius if not then he is called a hound..When Beenie brought on Cornell Glen vs Sweden instead of a defender, we fans applauded that bcuz it worked out but had we conceded goals we wud call him a dunce.....Had we won the El Salv game he might still be employed by the T&T. The main problem I think was his team selection....I wish him well in his future endeavours..

All the best to the Little Magician, he has the entire country supporting him. GO SOCA WARRIORS
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2009, 05:04:38 PM »
Had we won the El Salv game he might still be employed by the T&T.

So u sayin Stern John & Dwight Yorke got him fired?  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: It's OFFICIAL - LATAPY APPOINTED INTERIM HEAD COACH
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2009, 05:31:22 PM »
Ah go feel real sorry for Scotty, but say what he is the best we have in any club right now.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2009, 05:31:58 PM »
head vs heart.hmmmmm.

i will observe in silence. all d best latas. grab it with  hands  and feet

seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »
Warner quoted on radio (91.1) as saying Maturana felt he didn't have confidence of players and thus resigned.
Interim coaches will be judged on match by match basis, but he believes the combo of Latapy and Vranes is a win win for all of us.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2009, 05:39:53 PM »
so he is player coach or just coach  ???

This is the million dollar question.

Now latas and yorke will not only take credit for when we do well.  Now they will not have the maturana scapegoat to fall back on.  When certain selections are made, i hope we can deal with it (or we might still blame matas for dat too)

ah love it!!

Andre like yuh have inside knowledge bout something or what?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2009, 05:54:07 PM »
Maturana never took tnt seriously...very unprofessional
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2009, 06:04:33 PM »
by the way this interim thing telling me that we aint serious about going africa. care taker and interim is 2 different things in mi eye. anyways hope springs eternal
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2009, 06:29:03 PM »
I think Latapy is making a mistake by taking the head coach position at this point.  He should have waited until this world cup qualifying campaign is over then take over when there is less pressure and build his program and team from scratch. 

Right now Latapy is jumping into a storm that he may not be able to calm.  The pressure is now on him to produce immediate results with a deficient team he does not have the luxury of time to experiment or make mistakes.  I hope Latapy succeeds in this endeavor because he has been dying to get to this position for a while now and he is the greatest footballer we have ever produced.  But I hope he realizes the the position he has accepted comes with lots of responsibility and lots of criticism.  If he does not get the results and the play of the team does not improve he will be called out for it.

So good luck mister magician.  I wish you nothing but success.  Hopefully the magic you were known for as a player will carry over into your coaching.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2009, 06:38:57 PM »
i wonder if he go still be jumping up in the streets on carnaval  ;Dday

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 08, 2009, 06:41:10 PM »
I think Latapy is making a mistake by taking the head coach position at this point.  He should have waited until this world cup qualifying campaign is over then take over when there is less pressure and build his program and team from scratch. 

Right now Latapy is jumping into a storm that he may not be able to calm.  The pressure is now on him to produce immediate results with a deficient team he does not have the luxury of time to experiment or make mistakes.  I hope Latapy succeeds in this endeavor because he has been dying to get to this position for a while now and he is the greatest footballer we have ever produced.  But I hope he realizes the the position he has accepted comes with lots of responsibility and lots of criticism.  If he does not get the results and the play of the team does not improve he will be called out for it.

So good luck mister magician.  I wish you nothing but success.  Hopefully the magic you were known for as a player will carry over into your coaching.
One thing i always hear Latas say during an interview when ever his age or on just him coming back to play for trinidad is, I ALWAYS WANTS WHAT IS BEST FOR MY COUNTRY AND I WILL DO ANYTHING TO HELP MY COUNTRY. So yuh cant blame the man for taking de wok because of the situation the team is in. And as it is now IF the man end up taking the team to SA or doing respectful and just falling short its still ah job well done. The man would not have taken the job i think if he know he could not have done better and not look like a total fool in the end...
Blessing....
Who Jah Bless No man Curse.... :beermug:
All American

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2009, 07:00:33 PM »

One thing i always hear Latas say during an interview when ever his age or on just him coming back to play for trinidad is, I ALWAYS WANTS WHAT IS BEST FOR MY COUNTRY AND I WILL DO ANYTHING TO HELP MY COUNTRY. So yuh cant blame the man for taking de wok because of the situation the team is in. And as it is now IF the man end up taking the team to SA or doing respectful and just falling short its still ah job well done. The man would not have taken the job i think if he know he could not have done better and not look like a total fool in the end...
Blessing....
Who Jah Bless No man Curse.... :beermug:

I not blaming Latapy for taking de job.  I just don't think this is the best set of circumstances for him to be making his head coaching debut.  I want to see Latas succeed as coach for many years to come but at this time the odds are stacked against him.  Like I said I wish him all the best and I will be rooting for his success.

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 08, 2009, 07:04:28 PM »
Congrats to Latas, once friendship out the way I see T&T doing good in the Hex.  

My only concern is that if things don't work out he will be chastised like Mats, a case of typical Trini mentality.  
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 08, 2009, 07:13:39 PM »
Wishing Latas and staff all the best.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 08, 2009, 07:53:44 PM »
I so happy to see the back of Maturana. I making backflips. To me the #1 sign that he don't care about we, was his unwillingness to learn the language. Look how many foreign coaches we had who made the effort. The man disrespectful and was a shithound coach.
I love Latas for so and glad for him. But have mixed feelings
I don't want my image of Latapy the player, who brought me so much joy, to be tainted if he is not successful as a coach. And if he is not successful, I will be on the list calling for his head.
Also I strongly believe that Latapy's presence is needed on the field, even if just sparingly. The man is magic.
I  really hope is player/coach. and a big name replacement coming.
Latas for assistant coach player for this campaign and then Head coach thereafter, When for sure he too old, but I just not ready for him to end his playing days, and I don't think he can do both effectively. One roll will suffer to the overall detriment of the team.
But I supporting him all the way.
Time to vibes it up
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

1]; } ?>