May 29, 2024, 01:06:39 PM

Author Topic: After Yorke and Latapy  (Read 6401 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
After Yorke and Latapy
« on: October 16, 2008, 08:24:02 PM »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: After Yorke and Latapy
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 08:32:20 PM »
Talk ah pack ah nonesense in dat clip bout comin out ah dey shadow. Dey betta sit at dey feet and learn.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 08:41:03 PM »
good upload jahgol

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 08:43:28 PM »
Yeah , I thought it was worth sharing. That guy does some decent football coverage for TV6.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 08:43:46 PM »
Doh worry we could clone both ah them...

;)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline shogun

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 08:55:11 PM »
hey palos this is your boy from chicago with the wickedest pelau like i said i have been checking out the forum for some years but i finally have decided to join in officialy congats to T&T for the victory over USA, it is time to get that monkey of our backs, but boy lots of work to be done, every aspect of our game needs improving big time,  it is expected when you are 1 goal up on a side they are going to be coming at you hard but we dont know how to kill of a game you cant give away the ball  and then surrender space to your opponent i feel we got away with it this time, going forward we may not be that fortunate
Good luck going forward to SA 2010

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 09:20:48 PM »
Trinidad Express Letters
Stop leaning on Yorke, Latas

Thursday, October 16th 2008   

The state of T&T football is arguably at either the worst or best depending on your perspective.

While not diminishing the accomplishments of the last World Cup team, I feel it is our responsibility to analyse the situation accurately out of respect for their achievements.

They reached much further than even they themselves could have predicted. They did so despite our struggle, not because of our struggle.

I listened with amusement to persons wondering why we have not produced another Yorke or "Latas" since their debut in the 1980s, and the answer is simple. Because we don't encourage it.

Yes, we invest money in football, but I am talking about the organisation of it. I've heard others lament the mismanagement of West Indies cricket lately in the newspapers, but the same translates to football.

We are a stagnant people who are resistant to change. How else do you explain people actually proud to call for Yorke or Latapy to play for the national team even though they are pushing 40?

In any other progressive sensible nation, the players would have been supported and financed to go into coaching the national team based on their invaluable experience. Instead they are still exploited by the greedy persons at the top who seek to fill seats up at the stadium using their popularity. No wonder no new home-grown talent has come up of their calibre ... because we stifle it. When are people going to open their eyes and see through the "football mafia" actions?

I say openly to Yorke, Latapy, and any others. Do not allow yourself to be ridden like a dead horse, giving diminishing returns with each "come back" from  retirement. Know when it is time to quit.

Don't be like Rocky Balboa, coming back for just one more shot. It is downright pathetic and quite frankly takes away a bit of the lustre of the legacy you have created in your career.

Kevin M Mack

St James

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 09:50:48 PM »
Them coming back and winning does not diminish their legacy; if is anything it makes them a greater example for our youths to follow. Despite how they were treated by the ttff or jack warner, they love the game and this country soo much that they are willing to sacrifice club duties etc to come and play. It really say ah whole lot about their character.   Is only if they came back and geh knock out like Rocky Balboa it would look bad, but we beating teams like the US and thing.  ;)

This country has talent just as the Yorkes and Latas but it must be found, nurtured and polished.  It takes commitment and money. But like the article says; thee greedy people who done rich thieving it…so it doh have no monie left to develop our youths.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 10:53:16 PM »
Weh-it-is,
                You honestly believe what you just write. Our "A" team had to put up a mighty fight to beat a US B/C team. The guy made valid points. As much as I like Yorke and Latas, we have to find replacements for them soon. I understand that this generation believe in these two individuals but we have to move on. If you think we going to SA playing that brand of football, you better stock on some Andrews liver salts for plenty heart-burns.

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 11:26:11 PM »
After Yorke and Latapy

....is Hyland and Daniel....I see Hyland as a Yorke kinda fella and Daniel taking up latas place  ;D

we midfield BOOK!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 11:32:34 PM »
After Lawerence and ? dat is d question we defence replacements like d stalk have 2 bring dem
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline tallandsweet

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 12:54:03 AM »
What people talking but B team and A team stupidness
all them US players are pros any how allu look at it they
getting paid to do a job which is playing football.

The guy who score the goal for the US he playing in
Sweden top division and so far this season he scored
10 or 12 goals.

Edu playing in monaco all them others ones playing
pro ball, Beasely in Rangers.

At the end of the day it ain't matter what they played
with we cut their ass and that is the most important
thing for we.

This age thing I see people talking about what a load
a crap, what sparrow song say...Age is just a number...

it have people to take up after Yorke and Lats but they
need a little more time to grow into them boots...

Somebody wast talking about the major problem we
face as a footballing nation and that is organization
if we don't get this this part ready it doesn't really matter
how much talent we have in the country we go struggle.

anyway my 2c

--bago

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 01:00:59 AM »
Lyrics Bago! Well said.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 01:30:49 AM »
"Somebody was talking about the major problem we
how much talent we have in the country we go struggle."

very well said
Jack has to make decisions that will benefit FOOTBALL and NOT Jack Warner.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline tallandsweet

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 01:51:48 AM »
"Somebody was talking about the major problem we
how much talent we have in the country we go struggle."

very well said
Jack has to make decisions that will benefit FOOTBALL and NOT Jack Warner.

you know fellas this has always been our problem and
even after 18 years abroad me friends and them still
telling me the same thing...

We, well Jack and them need to educate the clubs
this is where we have to start the people and them
who doing the day to day running of the clubs, give
them all the tools they need so when they go back to
their community they could start training other people...

We have to invest in people this is the only way and
a club is nothing with the people...

We have way too much talent in this country, not
just in football but in every major sport and it doesn't
just hangs on how much money the clubs have if we
have good coaches and technical staff plus hard
working inspired, motivated people behind the clubs
man we go a couple Latas and Yorkes more and more...

--David

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 06:19:33 AM »
After Yorke and Latapy

....is Hyland and Daniel....I see Hyland as a Yorke kinda fella and Daniel taking up latas place  ;D

we midfield BOOK!

You joking right?
Arimian to meh heart

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 07:22:44 AM »
Trinidad Express Letters

The state of T&T football is arguably at either the worst or best depending on your perspective.

While not diminishing the accomplishments of the last World Cup team, I feel it is our responsibility to analyse the situation accurately out of respect for their achievements.

They reached much further than even they themselves could have predicted. They did so despite our struggle, not because of our struggle.

I listened with amusement to persons wondering why we have not produced another Yorke or "Latas" since their debut in the 1980s, and the answer is simple. Because we don't encourage it.

Yes, we invest money in football, but I am talking about the organisation of it. I've heard others lament the mismanagement of West Indies cricket lately in the newspapers, but the same translates to football.

We are a stagnant people who are resistant to change. How else do you explain people actually proud to call for Yorke or Latapy to play for the national team even though they are pushing 40?

In any other progressive sensible nation, the players would have been supported and financed to go into coaching the national team based on their invaluable experience. Instead they are still exploited by the greedy persons at the top who seek to fill seats up at the stadium using their popularity. No wonder no new home-grown talent has come up of their calibre ... because we stifle it. When are people going to open their eyes and see through the "football mafia" actions?

I say openly to Yorke, Latapy, and any others. Do not allow yourself to be ridden like a dead horse, giving diminishing returns with each "come back" from  retirement. Know when it is time to quit.

Don't be like Rocky Balboa, coming back for just one more shot. It is downright pathetic and quite frankly takes away a bit of the lustre of the legacy you have created in your career.

Kevin M Mack

St James

Maybe that is part of our problem right there.  We keep on looking for other Yorke's and other Latapy's.  When will we learn that individual talent will not necessarily bring success.  Yorke and Latapy have been around since 1989.  How many world cups have we been to since then?  One, and that was when Yorke and Latapy were both past their prime.  The main reason why we qualified for the last world cup was because a coach came in and instilled a level of discipline and organization that our team has never had before.  We finally had a TEAM.

No one player was bigger than the team.  Stern John was benched early on in Beenie's tenure.  Latapy was benched later on and we still had success.  But somehow we still keep missing that lesson.  Latapy and Yorke are arguably the two best players out of CONCACAF during the last 20 years.  USA has never had anything close to a Yorke or Latapy.  How many world cups have they been two since 1989?  All of them.

Even now if we look at what Yorke and Latapy bring to this team it would show us what we need to develop in our future footballers.  Yorke brings confidence, leadership and organization to our team.  Latapy does the same.  There is something that I have noticed with the 2006 world cup players.  They play for each other.  They fight for each other.  They show a grit and determination that is atypical of T&T football and our people in general.

The USA have no great iindividuals yet they are the best against teams in CONCACAF.  We don't need to produce another Yorke or Latapy.  We might never produce another Yorke or Latapy but we have enough examples to show us how to be successful without great individual players.

Incidentally, the 2006 team that made the world cup in my opinion is the least talented team we have had since 1989 and look what we achieved.  I think the most talented team we ever had was the team we had between 1999 and 2002 and look what happened in the 2002 HEX.

We will contine to have inconsistant results untill we address the root causes of our failures.  We have to change our focus from wanting to produce great INDIVIDUALS to producing great TEAMS.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 07:28:58 AM »
After Yorke and Latapy

we midfield BOOK!

You joking right?

joke or no joke dem two yute dey have alot ah potential, wid de right coachin i cud see daniel bein de boss fuh we team

daniel n hyland wid right trainin is future replacement without ah doubt
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline hooligan

• New Warrior
  • Doh push yuh foot...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 07:34:24 AM »
@ Nuff

Well said... Serious talk and I couldn't agree more!

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 07:43:25 AM »
Trinidad Express Letters

Kevin M Mack

St James

Maybe that is part of our problem right there.  We keep on looking for other Yorke's and other Latapy's.  When will we learn that individual talent will not necessarily bring success.  Yorke and Latapy have been around since 1989.  How many world cups have we been to since then?  One, and that was when Yorke and Latapy were both past their prime.  The main reason why we qualified for the last world cup was because a coach came in and instilled a level of discipline and organization that our team has never had before.  We finally had a TEAM.

No one player was bigger than the team.  Stern John was benched early on in Beenie's tenure.  Latapy was benched later on and we still had success.  But somehow we still keep missing that lesson.  Latapy and Yorke are arguably the two best players out of CONCACAF during the last 20 years.  USA has never had anything close to a Yorke or Latapy.  How many world cups have they been two since 1989?  All of them.

Even now if we look at what Yorke and Latapy bring to this team it would show us what we need to develop in our future footballers.  Yorke brings confidence, leadership and organization to our team.  Latapy does the same.  There is something that I have noticed with the 2006 world cup players.  They play for each other.  They fight for each other.  They show a grit and determination that is atypical of T&T football and our people in general.

The USA have no great iindividuals yet they are the best against teams in CONCACAF.  We don't need to produce another Yorke or Latapy.  We might never produce another Yorke or Latapy but we have enough examples to show us how to be successful without great individual players.

Incidentally, the 2006 team that made the world cup in my opinion is the least talented team we have had since 1989 and look what we achieved.  I think the most talented team we ever had was the team we had between 1999 and 2002 and look what happened in the 2002 HEX.

We will contine to have inconsistant results untill we address the root causes of our failures.  We have to change our focus from wanting to produce great INDIVIDUALS to producing great TEAMS.
Lemme give ah  :applause: ....and since ah at it, take ah couple more  :applause: :applause:

Why do we seem to miss the simplist tings, i.e. playing as a team ?
Football IS bigger dan any individual since it is a team sport and it takes 11 men on de field to win or lose ah game! Yes it will always have certain individuals who acts as a catalyst to win games but in essence it is a team sport and only Beenie had de knowledge to instill dat in out team in any lenght of time.
Good point breddah !

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 09:27:27 AM »
Trinidad Express Letters

Kevin M Mack

St James

I is ah hater.  ::)lol Nuff ent saying nothing deh that we ent already know. Is thee truth yuh telling deh Boi Nuff. We looking at two men; when in fact we need to be looking at a "TEAM". Good point Paps!

Ah go show alyuh I doh need no team, when I see yuh on thee savannah Tuesday. Ah running thru tha whole white team. ;D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 09:36:29 AM by Weh-it-is »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 11:04:33 AM »
it might take Dwight and Russel actually making the next dwight and russel..
like pair up Dwight with Kenya Cordner ( she from baygo too)...and put latas with Mollon ( she already called "Lady Latapy)
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 11:13:08 AM »
I want to see the first world class defender we produce.

Then I want to see 2 or if de good Lord smile on we special....3 or more a dem.

We'll always produce players with offensive ability.  We do so because that is what is valued and lauded in our footballing society.  A "good" defender fuh most a we is a man who sharin constant blade.  Which of course explains why we play such a disproportionate amount of our international matches a man down.

Great defenders are actually quite skillful.....but they're probably the smartest players on the pitch and they have HEART.  Blood and sand players with brains and skill.

Maldini was a left winger.  Baresi have skills to burn.  Cannavaro same ting.

If only we develop one or more of dem kinda players....it will serve us very well.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 11:17:28 AM »
After Yorke and Latapy

we midfield BOOK!

You joking right?

joke or no joke dem two yute dey have alot ah potential, wid de right coachin i cud see daniel bein de boss fuh we team

daniel n hyland wid right trainin is future replacement without ah doubt

I am not saying they are not very good players, but to imply that they could possibly replace Dwight and Latapy is a gross overstatement.  Neither is in that class from what I have seen.

Go back and think about Latas and Yorke in 1989 and compare those 2 guys to them now....No comparison.  We have to stop trying to hope men turn out to be x and y and saying we need the players to play to their full potential.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 12:37:05 PM »
I want to see the first world class defender we produce.

Then I want to see 2 or if de good Lord smile on we special....3 or more a dem.

We'll always produce players with offensive ability.  We do so because that is what is valued and lauded in our footballing society.  A "good" defender fuh most a we is a man who sharin constant blade.  Which of course explains why we play such a disproportionate amount of our international matches a man down.

Great defenders are actually quite skillful.....but they're probably the smartest players on the pitch and they have HEART.  Blood and sand players with brains and skill.

Maldini was a left winger.  Baresi have skills to burn.  Cannavaro same ting.

If only we develop one or more of dem kinda players....it will serve us very well.

That statement is actually true. Lets take ah look at Carlos and Spann. We know of them playing good at midfield but on occasion because of the versatility in their game, they can be used as wing backs. The game has change ah whole, to the point where it's not all about who can past blade or who big and strong or tall, that could play the 1st or last stopper etc.  The game is now based on skill. WE need to include proper “defending techniques” as part of our training. As you said we already have thee samba.  ;)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 12:46:30 PM »
How difficult would it be to simple bypass uncooperative association/federation and simply have govt funded and operated sports programmes for various disciplines.

With all the nonsense that fifa does talk about govt interference, football authorities in Cuba and other countries ent that far removed from govt influence.
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 09:15:53 PM »
Thnanx for posting this Jah Gol  :beermug:...i missed the news yesterday lol

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2008, 02:08:09 PM »
like pair up Dwight with Kenya Cordner ( she from baygo too)...and put latas with Mollon ( she already called "Lady Latapy)

How old Mollone is, not 17? What kinda slackness you encouraging dey BM? lol
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2008, 02:17:16 PM »
Hey NUFF, Yuh sound like BSC dey man - ah love it (c) Andre Samuel

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2008, 02:20:51 PM »

How old Mollone is, not 17? What kinda slackness you encouraging dey BM? lol

Excellent suggestion, but Dwight cah handle Kennya, he never had too much success with Baygo women - ask him. Mollon over 20 - she qualify.

1]; } ?>