May 11, 2024, 04:14:22 PM

Poll

Who is a better overall player?? (batting, bowling and fielding)

Marlon Samuels
4 (44.4%)
Dave Mohummed
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Mohummed vs Samuels  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Mohummed vs Samuels
« on: June 27, 2006, 11:51:17 AM »
For me its Samuels... I love Dave he is a rare talent when it comes to bowling... a lot more expensive than Samuels but probably a more frequent wicket taker thus far... however Samuels creating a nice little bowling partnership with Gayle and with him you have a bowler who can bowl a spin ball 75-80mph which to me is a serious asset. Dwayne Bravo bowls around 75-80mph and ive faced him and it isnt fun atoool.

so to have a spinner do that is amazing... he is faster stronger and more agile in the field... Dave isnt bad but Samuels physical Superiority is obvious.

And his batting well... nuff said the man has plenty tallent... he has the talent to become a Sobers or a Headly... he has been very inconsistent but he has shown blushes of brilliance now and then most recently against India in the last test... 87... he took on one of the worlds top spin bowler in Harbajan and beat him around the place mercilessly ... hit him for four sixes i believe.

So again... for me atleast... Samuels edges past him quite definately in the end.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

TrinInfinite

Re: Mohummed vs Samuels
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 02:05:06 PM »
get yuh facts straight nah, he not more expensive than samuels, if u bowl a pace bowler on a pitch that is not for pace he will be expensive, same way mohummed was bowled on a pitch that he shouldnt have bowled on, ask cozier and bishop they will tell u, mohummed was expensive in one game but at least he took 3 wickets, as for kumble who went for 140 runs and no wicket in this last test, i guess he is expensive too, maybe dey should also drop him, schupsssssssssss >:(

MickeyRat

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 02:05:26 PM »
Good talk Jeff...
Welcome back my youth!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 02:08:34 PM »
jefferz yuh pulling for straws right now, up to now, samuels hasnt impressed wit the ball or in the field, dropped too many cathes and also has not impressed in bowling, his only asset is batting and honestly we have enough batsmen, i guess u know alot more cricket than lara i presume and omar khan, so if i was u, i would hush up and if u dont, start stating some facts and stats bc obviously u are buying into the insularity of some yardmen and west indies admin and management.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 02:10:03 PM »
For me its Samuels... I love Dave he is a rare talent when it comes to bowling... a lot more expensive than Samuels but probably a more frequent wicket taker thus far... however Samuels creating a nice little bowling partnership with Gayle and with him you have a bowler who can bowl a spin ball 75-80mph which to me is a serious asset. Dwayne Bravo bowls around 75-80mph and ive faced him and it isnt fun atoool.

so to have a spinner do that is amazing... he is faster stronger and more agile in the field... Dave isnt bad but Samuels physical Superiority is obvious.

And his batting well... nuff said the man has plenty tallent... he has the talent to become a Sobers or a Headly... he has been very inconsistent but he has shown blushes of brilliance now and then most recently against India in the last test... 87... he took on one of the worlds top spin bowler in Harbajan and beat him around the place mercilessly ... hit him for four sixes i believe.

So again... for me atleast... Samuels edges past him quite definately in the end.

how much wickets samuels take, how many drop cathes has he had, how much runs has he made, please post these facts so u can see what foolishness u are talkin and rat ah cant believe yuh backing him on dis bc u should know ur cricket better

and i am talkin about since samuels has come back into the team, dont quote no facts 2 and 3 years old or last year, from nz to now...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 02:11:47 PM by TrinInfinite »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 02:58:35 PM »
I eh sayin Mohummed should have been dropped Gino... I said that Samuels is better... and wait nuh... Samuels also take more catches than Mohummed and Muhammed drop ah simple catch too eh... and by the way it have nuttin to do with a pitch that is or not for pace... if you can take two step and bowl a ball at 80 mph then you are an extremely versatile bowler and very dangerous at that... Tell me Gino... you ever face ah man bowlin dat fast?

huh?

stewps.

Offline Zane

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 03:00:28 PM »
I eh sayin Mohummed should have been dropped Gino... I said that Samuels is better... and wait nuh... Samuels also take more catches than Mohummed and Muhammed drop ah simple catch too eh... and by the way it have nuttin to do with a pitch that is or not for pace... if you can take two step and bowl a ball at 80 mph then you are an extremely versatile bowler and very dangerous at that... Tell me Gino... you ever face ah man bowlin dat fast?

huh?

stewps.

well said there youthman.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 03:27:04 PM »
yea i have faced 80 miles per hour, also faced it in baseball also, actually 87 and 90 to be exact, faced dat also in batting cages as well, wats ur point, u could have all de pace in de world, who cares, batting machines can produce de same, but an excellent spinner is always handy, samuels was brought in as a part time spinner, he might as well be called a pace bowler, schupsssssss

Offline UnWiseSage (aka Jahyute)

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 03:41:10 PM »
yea i have faced 80 miles per hour, also faced it in baseball also, actually 87 and 90 to be exact, faced dat also in batting cages as well, wats ur point, u could have all de pace in de world, who cares, batting machines can produce de same, but an excellent spinner is always handy, samuels was brought in as a part time spinner, he might as well be called a pace bowler, schupsssssss

I assure you 80 mph is very fast... few people I know who play proffesional cricket here in Jamaica can face 80 mph without a large degree of trouble... From a spinner... taking very few step it can be very decieving... I have faced Samuels before and on almost any pitch he spins the ball alot.

I still think Mohummed is a much better spinner, however Samuels is the more handy overall package.

By the way I have no biases to Jamaica just becuase I live here im a full blooded trini.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 03:46:21 PM »

Gino doh try dat.. you and I know both that 80 mph plus in baseball is not nearly as challenging as to face in cricket... in cricket the ball is harder and it builds up way more momentum with its suppioror weight and density. In baseball you know the ball is not comin for your face... or anywear else on your body... is much easier to fend that off... and Samuels also turns the ball alot... Gino one day yuh really hadda prove it to me and let me bowl you a few... i can push a quick 60-70 mph and an odd quick one between 70-73 maybe alittle higher on my day... I bet ill have you divin away.

common i wanna see actions are the best way tuh prove yuh point eh Gino... we go hada organize an SWS cricket sweat/family day soon.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 03:57:43 PM »
i all for a spinner if the pitch is condusive to it. if ti is its better 2 have 4-5 pacers  then dat better cause gayle could through up some lolipops. he does get wickets ever now and then. i liek mohamed but u cant talk about him a sa batsman at all because the last game when we needed to stay in he went ona a rampalge..dat shows..he ether doesnt have a test match head or he eh care. samuels is a etter batsman we know..but he can also actually spin the ball. he is a good feilder who had a lil bad spell. and as for what ti i sad about to much batsmen.THE WI COULDNT NEVER AHVE TO MUCH BATSMEN. WE BATTERS NOT CONSISTENT ENOUGH NAH...so if de pitch offering turn..batsmen..if it better for pace then yes pace men..and dont tell me abbout maybe ind e last days de pitch go eb good for a spinner. it depends on when we bat and bowl an dif de pitch is condusive to a spinner at all.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

1]; } ?>