May 06, 2024, 08:17:51 PM

Author Topic: Super Clásico • Barcelona vs Real Madrid Thread •  (Read 124779 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Super Classico - FC Barcelona v Real Madrid 23/12/07
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2007, 04:35:45 PM »
look how things change eh, madrid fans  not afraid ah d great cock teeth one.

hmmmmmmmm time will tell
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

giggsy11

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2007, 04:43:31 PM »
Barca will take this one! Real defence aint dat good, especially if Henzie playin!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2007, 04:45:26 PM »
Steups. Real Fans de world over gasped in relief when messi get injured. Frank like he still vex with Dinho for some reason. And Etoo....fortified with bad mind......jus ready to go. Doh forget man like saviola too.....it go be interesting. In my view...henry good right where he is now. I want Dos Santos to get a run....hopefully in messi place.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2007, 04:46:12 PM »
Barca will take this one! Real defence aint dat good, especially if Henzie playin!

Marcelo starting...and Barca's defence ain't much more impressive.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2007, 04:50:51 PM »
Barca Cules will like this. It's a video of the reactions of the RM players, coach and fans when Ronaldinho went on a rampage and scored that hat trick at the Bernabeu. The song is pretty funny too.  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT_uzPyaUW0

toppa this whole video shoulda been about helguera..

ah never see ah man so who always putting on a long face after he get beat..

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2007, 04:56:55 PM »
Barca Cules will like this. It's a video of the reactions of the RM players, coach and fans when Ronaldinho went on a rampage and scored that hat trick at the Bernabeu. The song is pretty funny too.  :D

toppa this whole video shoulda been about helguera..

ah never see ah man so who always putting on a long face after he get beat..

lol Yeah, like when Real was advantaging Barca and Ruud scored a goal on him. The man wanted to cry.
www.westindiantube.com

giggsy11

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2007, 05:00:15 PM »
Eto will be the difference!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2007, 05:02:21 PM »

What hat-trick?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2007, 05:03:25 PM »

What hat-trick?

:-\

0-3 at the Bernabeu.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2007, 05:09:06 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqAFg1WxG-k

Real Madrid     0 - 3     Barcelona
                              Samuel Eto'o (15)
                              Ronaldinho (59)
                              Ronaldinho (77)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2007, 05:13:03 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqAFg1WxG-k

Real Madrid     0 - 3     Barcelona
                              Samuel Eto'o (15)
                              Ronaldinho (59)
                              Ronaldinho (77)

My bad.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2007, 05:44:37 PM »
man say dey going bootleggers to see this game, alluy absolutely sure they will be showing this right

mi whole Christmas season go be sour if i miss this game, well unless barca win 4-0 or something, mi gul is a traitor barca fan and ah cah take 5 mnths of hearing de gloating

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2007, 06:52:53 PM »
what time is this game showing local time??

for those going and take it in bootleggers, here is a tip..

if it have traffic on the highway coming up to the trincity mall junction, you could cut through the turn off by beaulieu and take trincity central road to the mall... Go around the roundabout and enter via the back entrance and also might be easier to find parking at the back of the mall..

it go be crazy there this sunday..

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2007, 01:33:41 PM »
what time local time is 21:00 Spanish time?

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2007, 01:45:07 PM »
tink it showing 2pm in trini from what papers say...

this gonna be showin on cable? or hadda take it in in trotters?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2007, 03:51:20 PM »
Ronny set to warm Barca's bench for 'el clasico'

Barcelona's Brazilian talisman Ronaldinho is set to start on the bench for tomorrow night's super-charged 'clasico' with bitter rivals Real Madrid.

The Catalan giants will be without the injured Lionel Messi for the top-of-the-table showdown, and coach Frank Rijkaard also looks set to leave out Ronaldinho on the bench after the pair exchanged strong words in training yesterday.

If the Brazilian is indeed left out, Rijkaard will hand a starting berth in the game known in Spain as 'el clasico' to young Mexico forward Giovani Dos Santos, who impressed as a substitute in last week's 3-0 win at Valencia.

As well as Ronaldinho, Deco also looks set to start on the bench, but Thierry Henry returns from injury and could play.

Edmilson and Oleguer remain sidelined and will not feature.

Despite the absence of Messi, who scored a hat-trick in the corresponding fixture last season to rescue a point for the Catalans, Xavi insists Barcelona must win tomorrow.

'It will be a very even match. Maybe we are playing better than them, but they will come here knowing they have a four point advantage over us and the winter break is approaching. We need the victory more than them and we are only thinking about winning,' he told El Mundo Deportivo.

The veteran midfielder also hopes the crowd get behind Barcelona and make their presence felt in the derby.

'The crowd have an influence in all games, they are always 100% behind us and much more so in the derbies. That puts more pressure on the opponent and gives us added motivation. Knowing the public are so involved brings out the best in us,' he said.

Barcelona have struggled on the road this season, but have won all of their eight league matches at the Nou Camp this term.

Despite leading the Primera Liga and producing two five-goal performances on the road (at Villarreal and Valencia), Real Madrid have looked vulnerable on their travels this term.

Bernd Schuster's side lost to Espanyol on their last visit to Barcelona in October and were also defeated at Sevilla in early last month.

Schuster welcomes back Guti after the homegrown midfielder shook off an ankle injury picked up in training yesterday.

'Guti is fine and perfect to play. There were some small doubts, but he has trained perfectly and is in good condition,' Schuster said.

The German coach also hinted that the player, who set up all three of Real's goals in the enthralling 3-3 draw at the Nou Camp last season, will start tomorrow after being left out of the last three Primera Liga matches.

'As a coach, I prefer Guti (to Ronaldinho) and I believe these kind of players should be on the pitch,' he said.

Schuster revealed he has watched a video of last season's epic encounter and played down Guti's role in the draw, perhaps to motivate his temperamental number 14.

He said: 'I remember that game and I saw it again not long ago. It was the best game Real Madrid have played in the Nou Camp (in the last few years) and Guti wasn't that decisive.

'I thought the team were perfect in what was a complicated moment, but it had been many years since Real Madrid played so well at the Nou Camp.'

Schuster rested nine of his first-team against Alicante in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday, but welcomes back all of those players tomorrow.

Holland winger Arjen Robben, who was handed a rare start that night, is also named in the squad to face Barcelona and will start on the bench.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=493043&cc=5901
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2007, 03:59:56 PM »
Rijkaard: Ronaldinho Is Healthy To Play
12/22/2007 9:37 PM

Less than 24 hours before the highly anticipated 'clasico' with bitter rivals Real Madrid, Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard declared that he is happy with Ronaldinho’s progress in recent days, and also that he is confident that his team can put on a good derby performance.

During a short press conference, Rijkaard explained that the reason why he only selected a 19-man squad for the important clash with Real Madrid was because one of his players was injured, but he later confirmed that this player wasn’t Ronaldinho, after being pressured by the press.

"There is a player with a knock, but I prefer not to reveal who he is. Ronaldinho is healthy to play tomorrow. In general, I’m happy with his form over the last week," stated Rijkaard, who insisted that he isn’t unhappy with the Brazilian, despite asking the player to pick up the intensity in a training session on Friday. 

“Today we had a normal training session, nothing strange happened. I’ve seen all the players working hard, and there have been no problems. Yesterday (Friday) I wasn’t annoyed by anything.

"They are only things that happen once in a while, which I spoke about to my players," he added.

Rijkaard affirmed that his starting eleven has practically been confirmed, and that in contrary to what was said by Joan Laporta -- that Barcelona have more to play for than Real Madrid -- it won’t have any effect on the fact that it is a ‘clasico.’ 

When asked for the main factors that could decide the outcome of the match, the Dutchman responded: 

“To score more goals than them.” 

In relation to their rivals, Real Madrid, Rijkaard feels that they are a good team, who are going through a good moment at present, and are playing well. 

“We have to pay them lots of attention,” he concluded.

goal.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2007, 04:06:44 PM »
He probably get threaten with he job if he eh play Ronaldinho.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2007, 05:48:59 PM »
taken from a barca blog................

Yes folks, there are just 24 hours until kick-off for the big game. All the local press are saying that Ronaldinho will start as a substitute tomorrow, something that I still find hard to believe. The news at lunchtime showed Ronaldinho playing the fool during yesterday’s training session after which Frank Rijkaard took him to one side for a private chat. The press are saying Rijkaard wasn’t happy with Ronaldinho’s attitude, and from this they deduce that Ronnie will start on the bench.

The alternative to Ronaldinho is Giovani dos Santos who last week substituted Leo Messi when he got injured. In Giovani’s favour he’s a more natural right-sided player so he would fit in easily in Messi’s place, Ronaldinho and Iniesta both seem more suited to the left. Giovani also works more at pressurising opponents than Ronnie, and with Samuel Eto’o leading the line, Rijkaard may want to put as much pressure as possible on the Madrid defence.

However, we must remember that Giovani is only 18 years old, and he has yet to score a league goal for Barça. Ronaldinho is still a great free-kick taker, and with no Leo Messi there is no other decent penalty taker (Sorry, but I don’t trust Eto’o with penalties). Ronaldinho will surely be motivated for the game and he also has experience on his side. Perhaps Rijkaard is just trying to outwit Madrid.

The press also say that Deco will be on the bench too. In this case I think they are probably right. Eidur Gudjohnsen played very well at Valencia and also against Stuttgart, while since his injury Deco has only played 45 minutes against Depor and 26 minutes against Valencia.

The news from Madrid is that Guti will make the trip with the team and is fit to play. Tomorrow we will see if he plays or not. Talking about Guti yesterday got me thinking about my least favourite Madrid players of all time, I was going to prepare a list of my top ten but in the end there are three players who stand out by a mile from the rest. I naturally dislike all Madrid players but if I was introduced to Iker Casillas, for example, I would probably shake his hand. The three that come to mind produce a physical reaction when I see them on the telly that I can only describe as nausea. They are:

1. Luis Figo. There’s only really one thing that I dislike about Figo but it is a biggie. It’s not just the fact that he left Barça to join Madrid, it is the way that he did it. I don’t hate Laudrup because he left for sporting reasons, but Figo signed a contract with Florentino Perez before Perez had become president of Madrid. So Figo not only left for money, he also supported someone for the Madrid presidential elections while still under contract with Barça. Did he think about all the kids in Barcelona who wouldn’t be able to wear their Barça shirt with his name on it? Or about the cost to many families of buying these kids a new shirt with someone else’s name? No he didn’t. He took the money and ran. He will never be forgiven in Barcelona. :rotfl: :rotfl:
   2. Pedja Mijatovic. It’s difficult to explain why you don’t like some players. Maybe it is the way they celebrate a goal, maybe it is the way they dress off the pitch, maybe it is for the comments they make. With Mijatovic it was all these things and more. He may have been quite a good player but he behaved as though he thought he was a god. To prove what a dickhead he was, he once reprimanded a fan who ruffled his hair, I have to hold down the vomit just thinking about him.
   3. Guti. Yes Guti, the boy who never grew up. I know a lot of footballers dress like hollywood stars, however, Guti does it but holds himself like a kid, he looks like he knows one day everyone is going to point at him and laugh. When he started at Madrid he wanted to be like Fernando Redondo and later he wanted to be like Beckham, someone really needs to tell him he is not good-looking. His behaviour on the pitch is also childlike, he cries when he is fouled and cries when the ref gives a decision against him. He is a tremendously talented player who should have been a regular for the Spanish national team, but his attitude has always let him down.

ah barca fan gone over d edge :rotfl:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 05:55:06 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2007, 08:14:21 PM »

The press also say that Deco will be on the bench too. In this case I think they are probably right. Eidur Gudjohnsen played very well at Valencia and also against Stuttgart, while since his injury Deco has only played 45 minutes against Depor and 26 minutes against Valencia.

Lord have mercy.

giggsy11

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2007, 10:05:12 PM »
  Barcelona v Real madrid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barca need real heroes after Ronaldinho falls from grace

The Fantastic Four is no more as Real Madrid head for Nou Camp tonight, says Filippo Maria Ricci

Sunday December 23, 2007
The Observer

The news should arrive well before kick-off. Ronaldinho on the bench. Alongside Deco. The two stars sitting out tonight's clásico as Barcelona take on Real Madrid at Nou Camp.
Last Saturday, with Barcelona thrashing Valencia 3-0 away, Ronaldinho sat on the bench for the full 90 minutes. Frank Rijkaard, the seraphic Dutch manager of the Catalan side, did not even bother to send him along the touchline to warm up. This despite the injury to Leo Messi that led to the Argentina midfielder's departure at the end of the first half, to be replaced by Giovani dos Santos, the 18-year-old Mexico prodigy.

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Rijkaard decided to rest striker Samuel Eto'o, back from injury and in sparkling form with three goals in two games played in four days, he sent on Bojan Krkic, another gem produced by the prolific cantera, or youth system, at Barça. Krkic, 17, is the son of a former Yugoslavia international who played for Red Star Belgrade in the 1980s, went to play in Catalonia and married there.
At the beginning of the month, Ronaldinho, still only 27, was on the bench twice in four days against Lyon and in the derby at Espanyol. In the previous four years and four months (or 215 games) of his life at Barcelona, he had been a substitute three times in total. Clearly, Rijkaard prefers to use two youngsters to the mighty Ronaldinho.

His starting place, though, is now taken by Andres Iniesta, another who came from the Barcelona youth set-up, a wonderful talent who normally features in midfield but had no problems in adapting to play further up on the left. And Deco? He has lost his place to Eidur Gudjohnsen, signed last year from Chelsea and considered in Barcelona nothing more than a half-decent squad player.

This is supposed to be the Barcelona of the Fantastic Four - Eto'o, Thierry Henry, Messi and Ronaldinho. Only the first will play tonight. Henry will be on the bench, having shaken off the mysterious back injury that has prevented him showing his immense class since arriving from Arsenal in the summer. At the Camp Nou they have yet to see a real glimpse of the great player who illuminated Highbury's afternoons. Messi is out for a month with a thigh injury.

Ronaldinho? On Friday in training Rijkaard and the captain, Carles Puyol, looked on in surprise as the world's most famous player, in joyful mood, was chatting, joking and laughing. They had to remind him about the task in hand, as the Brazilian looked as though he could not care less about Real Madrid, who are four points clear of Barça in La Liga, his team-mates and even less about his manager.

This is the second episode of this kind in a few days: in an earlier session Ronaldinho decided that the training was over and started to leave the pitch. Rijkaard had other ideas and called him straight back, obliging the striker to do a few more exercises, which he completed with no sign of interest, never mind passion. The two skirmishes took place in front of journalists and photographers, because training sessions are open to the press. The relationship between the Dutch manager and his best player is on the rocks. Ronaldinho has summoned his brother Roberto de Assis, who also acts as his agent, to Barcelona this week for crisis talks. He wants to leave.

The Spanish media insist that Chelsea have offered Ronaldinho an astonishing contract, €10m per season net (£7.25m after tax) for five years, but apparently he would prefer to go to AC Milan, where he would join a good number of his fellow countrymen, including Fifa world player of the year Kaka, and where the former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi would be waiting with open arms (and another fat contract). That should happen in the summer though, given the difficulties of moving such a player in the January transfer window.

Less than two years ago the Bernabeu stood to applaud Ronaldinho after a mesmerising performance in el clásico in Madrid. The Real fans where conquered, as were the team. Today, the Nou Camp, his own cathedral, is ready to see Ronaldinho watching the game from the bench. It seems the love story is reaching its final stages, as with many others before - Diego Maradona, Ronaldo, Romario, Rivaldo, Hristo Stoichkov and Bernd Schuster, just to name a few.

As Deco said in a recent interview, Real are laughing. He is right: the galacticos era is over, and the problems associated with it have passed over to Barcelona.

Filippo Maria Ricci is Spain correspondent of Gazzetta dello Sport

Guardian Unlimited © Guardian News and Media Limited 2007

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2007, 10:35:43 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Jah. I have to say..Gudjohnsen running some good ball lately. Playing in a deeper and role, and probably benefitting from 1) not having the pressure of trying to replace Eto'o and getting some vindication when he see even Henry struggling to fill those shoes in his first season and 2) having a season under his belt. Gudjohnsen will get a run against Madrid and I feel he will play well. I hope.
Go Barca

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2007, 11:04:20 PM »
I'm concerned about the Ronaldinho situation. The fact that Iceman has a place and not Ronaldinho is worrying. I backing meh side strong but I know Madrid must be laughing at what's happening to us behind closed doors. I'm sure they'd be happy to mark Eidur, with his world class close control. 

One thing is certain, the  Ronaldinho era at Barcelona is about to end. I trying to organise my Prozac prescription all now.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2007, 12:47:18 AM »
I dunno nah......ronaldinho either hadda leave de man daughter alone.........or marry de gyal and done de talk. Dis a serious ting...eh no kicks ting here. I eh kno how i go handle if/when he leave.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2007, 05:05:03 AM »
Yeah, so goal.com predicting a 2-2 scoreline. That's such a cop-out.  ::)
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2007, 05:33:09 AM »
Barca still taking it.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2007, 05:35:40 AM »
www.westindiantube.com

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2007, 05:44:14 AM »
World’s eyes on the clásico

www.fcbarcelona.cat

More than 100 media from 16 different countries, represented by 500 professionals have been given passes for Sunday’s Barça v Madrid. The clásico knows know boundaries.

112 companies have been given passes for the game on December 23rd. 55 are from the printed press, 16 television companies, 27 radios and 14 agencies.

Including reporters, photographers, commentators, cameramen and technicians, there will be 488 professionals working in the Camp Nou on Sunday.

From all around the world

The media hail from 16 different countries. From Europe, they are from Spain, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Switzerland, Sweden, Belgium and Serbia, while from further afield there will be media representation from China, Mexico, El Salvador, Argentina and Japan.

THIS IS A CERTIFIED BIG GAME

1world cup

2 champions league final

3 el classico
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 05:50:02 AM by freakazoid »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2007, 06:20:31 AM »

www.fcbarcelona.cat

More than 100 media from 16 different countries, represented by 500 professionals have been given passes for Sunday’s Barça v Madrid. The clásico knows know boundaries.

112 companies have been given passes for the game on December 23rd. 55 are from the printed press, 16 television companies, 27 radios and 14 agencies.

Including reporters, photographers, commentators, cameramen and technicians, there will be 488 professionals working in the Camp Nou on Sunday.

The media hail from 16 different countries. From Europe, they are from Spain, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Switzerland, Sweden, Belgium and Serbia, while from further afield there will be media representation from China, Mexico, El Salvador, Argentina and Japan.

1world cup

2 champions league final

3 el classico
No US media firm bothered to send anybody to the Nou Camp. They not even curious ?

giggsy11

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2007, 06:56:59 AM »

www.fcbarcelona.cat

1world cup

2 champions league final

3 el classico
No US media firm bothered to send anybody to the Nou Camp. They not even curious ?

Jah why yuh even surprised or care? Yuh aint know New England Patriots play Miami Dolphins today.

1]; } ?>