May 17, 2024, 08:59:27 AM

Author Topic: Swansea City ready to dive in for Kenwyne Jones  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Swansea City ready to dive in for Kenwyne Jones
« on: January 10, 2013, 07:06:12 AM »
Swansea City ready to dive in for Kenwyne Jones
By Michael Baggaley (The Sentinel)

SWANSEA City are understood to be preparing an offer for Stoke target man Kenwyne Jones.

Stoke chairman Peter Coates says his club are under no financial pressure to sell players during the transfer window.

However, a bid from Swansea could test Stoke's determination to keep the striker who is competing with Peter Crouch for a place in Tony Pulis's side.

Jones has started Stoke's last seven Premier League games having taken his chance when Crouch was injured.

Aston Villa and QPR have also been linked with Jones, who cost £8m from Sunderland in 2010 and is under contract until the summer of 2014.

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Swansea City ready to dive in for Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 07:11:44 AM »
Stay where you are kenwyne, it's time you play for a big team, and QPR and swansea is upstarts, and you will struggle the same way you did @ sunderland.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 07:47:22 AM »
Stay where you are kenwyne, it's time you play for a big team, and QPR and swansea is upstarts, and you will struggle the same way you did @ sunderland.
Swansea is 9th in the league and will finish mid table just like last year. Ain't no 'big team' coming in for KJ. This would be a very good move for both parties. Swansea play nice ball but have no physical presence in attack. Michu feeding off KJ up top would be poison. KJ making room for them little nippy wingers in the box: poison. KJ get balls on the floor to run on to and crosses to attack: bread and butter. I hope dis works out, personally.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 01:28:44 PM »
Swansea is 9th in the league and will finish mid table just like last year. Ain't no 'big team' coming in for KJ. This would be a very good move for both parties. Swansea play nice ball but have no physical presence in attack. Michu feeding off KJ up top would be poison. KJ making room for them little nippy wingers in the box: poison. KJ get balls on the floor to run on to and crosses to attack: bread and butter. I hope dis works out, personally.

same ting I sayin......I tink he will do good with a club that will allow him to use his feet for something other than running and jumping
I pity the fool....

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 01:47:43 PM »
Moving to a club that plays a more measured game may be exactly what he needs.
If he could prove that he is more effective with that style, it may be just the exposure
to move to a bigger club.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 01:53:56 PM »

Swansea is night and day better than Stoke... he should be so lucky.  Personally I don't see how he will fit into a system that puts a premium on passing and movement, but if it helps change his fortunes and his attitude then more power to him.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 01:56:09 PM »

Swansea is night and day better than Stoke... he should be so lucky.  Personally I don't see how he will fit into a system that puts a premium on passing and movement, but if it helps change his fortunes and his attitude then more power to him.
Doh sleep on KJ passing. Movement ain't the best, but KJ passing is very good and hardly mentioned.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 02:08:27 PM »
Doh sleep on KJ passing. Movement ain't the best, but KJ passing is very good and hardly mentioned.

I have never seen it... but admittedly I am not his biggest fan and haven't watched his game that closely.  Swansea is a team I real like, Michu, Routledge and Dyer in particular.  Sinclair was another terror but he decide to cast he lot with Man City and riding steady pine.  Laudrup took what Rodgers started, and to date yuh have to say he improve on it.  They lost Sigurdsson and Allen from last year and next man up rotate and pick up the slack without missing a beat.  It would be a great situation for KJ, they play a nice style, have stable management and coaching and Swans in desperate need of a striker to take the pressure of Michu who's their top goalscorer and doing so from a midfield position.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Swansea City must break transfer record to sign Stoke's Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 02:18:22 PM »
Swansea City must break transfer record to sign Stoke's Kenwyne Jones
By Dafydd Pritchard (South Wales Evening Post)

SWANSEA City will have to break their transfer fee record if they are to sign striker Kenwyne Jones.

Sources in Stoke have indicated the Potters are looking to recoup as much as possible of the £8 million they paid Sunderland for Jones in 2010.

Swansea's current highest fee is the £5.55m they paid Valencia for Pablo Hernandez in August, and they are thought to have identified Jones as a prime transfer window target.

The Swans have not yet made a bid for the powerful Trinidad & Tobago international, and it is understood Stoke will only be willing to entertain offers involving cash up front.

Read More...

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 02:21:01 PM »
Yeah, I never stop following Swansea since Scotty and them was there. Ah follow them right through the championship to Prem. If not KJ, they need somebody like KJ. They much too lightweight where it counts.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 02:25:52 PM »
If Swansea move for him, they won't spend that kinda money for him to backup somebody..so he getting run...now if the style different, then is up to him to make or break, else he back on the backup roster. So he going in to be #1, and is up to he wether he want to stay #1 or be #2, irregardless of style. At Sunderland, they play his game, yet he is definitely # 2 1/2. (Crouch/Walters/Jerome). 
I will advise agree, as long as Sunderland agree.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 02:33:22 PM »
Yeah, I never stop following Swansea since Scotty and them was there. Ah follow them right through the championship to Prem. If not KJ, they need somebody like KJ. They much too lightweight where it counts.

I honestly didn't start watching them until last season... and I did so specifically because of the linkage to Martinez (of whom I am an unabashed fan) and Scotland and Tallest.  I remember their first game back in the Prem and how Vorm real save... he and Sinclair dazzled.... everything but the finish.  They get drubbed 4-0 two weeks later by City but the scoreline didn't really indicate how competitive the match was.  Really, his success with Swansea was the only thing that make me feel any kinda comfort with the Rodgers appointment, I had preferred Martinez (who, if he is to be believed, was offered the job, but end up declining).

As for the transfer... Swansea needs to be smart and not overspend for KJ, Kenwyne has failed to live up to his transfer fee with the last two clubs who overspend for him.  Sunderland turn a tidy £2 million profit when they sell him and that bunning Stoke.  I wouldn't pay a cent over £4-4.5 million for him.  Both because I don't think he's worth it, and also because I think Stoke more desperate to off-load him and retool than they letting on.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »
KJ more than pay back Sunderland. First season alone he keep them up. Even the most reluctant Sunderland fan will admit that. But, yeah, right now I doh see how Pulis could justify more than 4 - 5 million.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 02:57:46 PM »
Reminds me of the comments when Manboo buy Yorke :D

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 04:09:28 PM »
This would be a great move for both parties.  Swansea are the masters of the 'pass and move' game in Britain (they even played arsenal off the park once) but they lack a bit of physicality in the penalty area annd Kenwyne would help address that.  Also, it would be nice for Jones' game to develop in terms of his off the ball movement.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline StarKid

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 04:39:27 PM »
if the deal goes tru it will be more playing time for him and good for gold cup

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 10:31:49 PM »
Swansea plays an entertaining brand and if KJ will be paired with Michu on top then that could be a a good partnership once they can gell.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Stoke City reject £3m bid for Kenwyne Jones from Swansea City.
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 06:10:45 AM »
Stoke rejects Swansea offer for Kenwyne Jones.
By Amlan (soccerlens.com).

Swansea City are looking for a replacement for Danny Graham, who is increasingly becoming unsettled at the Liberty Stadium. Manager Michael Laudrup was interested in signing Kenwyne Jones before letting Graham leave the club, but now a formal bid has been rejected by Stoke.

Swansea have reportedly made a bid of £2 million (with a further add-on of £1 million), but it didn’t match Stoke City’s valuation of the player who was signed from Sunderland, back in 2010, for £8 million.

Tony Pulis is looking to recover atleast half of what they paid for the 28 year old striker. But according to reports Swansea are unlikely to return with an improved bid.

Read More

« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 06:13:24 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Exactly why are Swansea trying to sign Kenwyne Jones?
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 01:41:21 PM »
Exactly why are Swansea trying to sign Kenwyne Jones?
By Lewis Doe (hereisthecity.com)

Stoke City have rejected a bid from Swansea City for striker Kenwyne Jones. Why exactly are they trying to sign him?

We’ve all got used to watching Swansea play neat and tidy football since they got into the Premier League so it’s a little bizarre as to why they are ready to pay over £3 million for Kenwyne Jones from Stoke.

This is not to suggest that Jones is a bad player, far from it, but he is a linchpin of the way Stoke currently play their football; physical, ugly, rough, insert some other adjectives if you please.

As with all of the transfer stories at the moment, the sticking price is the fee with Stoke holding out to closer to the £8 million they originally paid for Jones, believed to be ready to settle at around £5 million.

So what would it mean if he became a Swansea player? Is he even good or adaptable enough to fit into Swansea’s style of play?

Read More...

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 02:19:21 PM »
Think it would be a good move for Kenwyne Ladraup is a good manager.  Graham appears to be coming to Sunderland so Swansea need someone in.  The sticking point may well be the fee, with only 1 year left on his contract after this season and not been playing Pulis will find it hard to find someone (unless QPR) who are going to pay over the odds for him. 

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 02:50:05 PM »
Graham appears to be coming to Sunderland
Is the SMB meltdown reflective of the average real life fan? If so, Graham is in for a rough time.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2013, 11:38:19 AM »
Graham appears to be coming to Sunderland
Is the SMB meltdown reflective of the average real life fan? If so, Graham is in for a rough time.

The SMB is very rarely reflective of the real world.  It has more to do with what he said in an interview that has a few thinking about Chopra and Clarke.  It is also a bit about Bruce still getting away with he was picked on because of where he is from ratherthan him being shite.
If he does join he wont get a hard time, but he might still end up along the road.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 01:20:58 PM »
KJ can win head balls and score goals.

He is sure to be in the premiere league until he retires.

It would be good to see him at a top club, he is likely to get 20 goals a season.

Arsenal should get him, they need a physical presence.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 02:15:59 PM »
KJ can win head balls and score goals.

He is sure to be in the premiere league until he retires.

It would be good to see him at a top club, he is likely to get 20 goals a season.

Arsenal should get him, they need a physical presence.

3 hopes
Bob
Nee
& Wester

1]; } ?>