May 05, 2024, 03:41:23 AM

Author Topic: Anton Pierre  (Read 3064 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Anton Pierre
« on: January 08, 2008, 04:55:14 PM »
Anton Pierre is one player that TTFF drop like a hot bag ahh potatoes out of all the local defenders he has the most experience some may say he’s slow but that can’t be the only reason for his non selection I say he should be training   with the locals i took some topic for a little refresh

Name: Anton Pierre.
Date of Birth: 23rd-Sept-1977.
Height: 189 cm.
Club: Defence Force (Trinidad).
Position: Defender.
School: Belmont Secondary (Trinidad).
Favourite team other than T&T: Manchester United.
NOTE: A solid defender who has recently been giving the chance to establish his place in the TnT Senior team, Pierre can also play as a midfielder. He has represented TnT at the U-14, U-17, U-20 and U-23 levels. He was also part of the Senior team during the tour to Brazil in February, 2001. Anton also played against Kuwait and China in August, 2001.

Related News:

By Randy Bando...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skipper Anton Pierre of TT Pro League club Defence Force has picked up the ‘Courts MVP’ title of Round Two.

The elated ‘Army’ player received a brand new 21-inch flat screen television courtesy Courts (Trinidad) Ltd following in the tracks of Caledonia AIA midfielder Marvin Oliver, MVP of Round One.

Pierre told ‘ttproleague.com’, “When I first saw the MVP of the round and Marvin Oliver had won it, I said to myself, I could really do with something like that.”

“It’s not about wanting to win a TV,” Pierre explained. “To receive an award such as the Player of the Round is just a great feeling for any player.”

Pierre a veteran defender with the Army/Coast Guard professional football club led his team to a massive achievement this season climbing from ninth position to third place on the League standings.

His steady top class performance in defence for ‘Army’ during Round Two has earned him the ‘Player of the Round’ title but personally the former Trinidad and Tobago international would prefer that younger players in the League step up to such an achievement.

Commending the involvement by Courts, Pierre said, “Courts has done something great here, by supporting the League. What they have done is create something extra for the younger players to look forward too. I would now like to see that those young players improve on their game to take such an award in the future,” said the 31 year old.

He also praised the overall effort by his teammates, saying, “As captain I always felt that I had to be outstanding. But what I felt helped me personally this season is knowing that the team came together and everybody is playing for each another.”

Adding that Coach Kerry Jamerson had also done his part but at the end of the day, the coach can do as much and it is the players to have to do it on the match day.

He also reminisced on one of his team’s earlier practice sessions this season saying, “I had allowed the players come out and talk about what they wanted. I also reminded them that for the last three years Defence Force have been struggling and it is time that we rise,” concluded the Defence Force skipper.

Anton Pierre…….Taken by surprise.

By: Joel Villafana.
10-May-2005 - Defence Force burly defender Anton Pierre is today a bit disappointed at being left out of the National team by new National Coach Leo Beenhakker.
The strongly built anchorman admitted he was taken by surprise when he learnt of his omission, but he told ttproleague.com that he is looking on the bright side.
“It was a shock to me, because personally, I believe I am in the best form of my life, I have lost a couple pounds, and I have been playing at a consistently high level, but I guess that’s football, and the new coach will have his own thoughts,” said Pierre.
“However, I will not be phased, I am going to continue working hard and giving 100% at all times and I can only hope that I get a recall.”
Anton Pierre has come on leaps and bounds in recent times—and established himself as one of the country’s better defenders, and he was considered a key man in the Bertille St. Clair line up, but with the arrival of the Dutch born coach Leo Beenhakker, Pierre failed to make the first cut.
Beenhakker has narrowed down a squad of locally based players from 25 to 17, and has invited 23 overseas based players to have a look at in the coming weeks.
Looking at the Pro League, Pierre who is now a senior player with Defence Force, is excited about the 2005 season, he believes there are good things in store for the Army/Coast Guard outfit this year.
“The guys are all working hard, and they want to do well, there is a renewed vigor in the camp, we are aiming to be up there in the top three, and also looking to take away the knockout titles on offer.” Defence Force is currently lie 5th on the standings on 8 points.

Anton Pierre wants better this time.

By: Shaun Fuentes.
30-Mar-2005 - He was in the starting team which lost 2-0 to Costa Rica in the return match of the 2002 World Cup qualifiers at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. Today, a fitter and more experienced Anton Pierre wants to help T&T to three points which will be more than the team had at the time of meeting the Costa Ricans back in 2002 when six games in the final round were already completed.
“This game is probably the most important of my career because it has much more significance than 2001,” Pierre said. “I think now being able to be in the squad is an achievement but it’s more than that now because we have to get into the habit of beating teams. I’m confident that we can bounce back but it’s going to be hard and we must be prepared for a rough battle.”
The likes of Nigel Pierre, Arnold Dwarika, Nigel Henry, Keyeno Thomas, Angus Eve, Leslie Fitzpatrick, Silvio Spann, Atiba Charles, Brent Sancho, Stern John, Kenwyne Jones and others are all carrying the same thoughts ahead of what is undoubtedly the most crucial game up to this point of the campaign.

Anton Pierre ready for action.

By: Shaun Fuentes.
09-Feb-2005 - Last year, he was struggling to maintain a place in the National team at a time when Bertille St Clair had taken over the role as head coach. But today, with the national team set to take on the United States in a 2006 World Cup qualifying match, Anton Pierre is in the 18-man squad and likely to start.
Pierre, a former Under 23 player, has fought hard to become a fitter individual during the past six months and is now hoping to add to his winner scored against Haiti last week.
“It’s just been down to personal sacrifices and hard work over the past few months,” Pierre said. “I decided that I really wanted to get into the team and the only way was to get fitter and try and become a better player and honestly I’ve felt much better in recent times and it’s beginning to show on the field. Hopefully I can come good for the team and make a contribution because we are aiming for nothing but a win,” the Defence Force soldier stated on Monday after a training session in the sister-isle. Apart from Pierre, Bertille St Clair has been getting good offerings from other home-based pros like Keyeno Thomas, Atiba Charles, Derek King, Marlon Rojas, Nigel Pierre and Angus Eve.

Anton Pierre: we will be ready to prove ourselves.”

Issued By: Shaun Fuentes.
03-Jan-2005 - “We are beginning to believe in ourselves and I think from February 9 onwards we will be ready to prove ourselves.” Those were the words of Defence Force defender Anton Pierre as he spoke of the yearning desire he and his fellow locally-based players have for putting on the National shirt and attaining success.
Pierre has appeared in the last five Digicel Caribbean Cup matches for the T&T team in the Digicel Caribbean Cup, and has performed creditably. Like his teammates, he is beginning to appreciate the call for stronger commitment and hard work from coach Bertille St Clair. The likes of midfielder Denzil Theobald, Silvio Spann, Marlon Rojas, Atiba Charles, Nigel Pierre, Stephen Cruickshank, Kerwyn Jemmott, Derek King, Cyd Gray, Michael Celestine, Keyeno Thomas, Jose Seabra, Leslie Fitzpatrick, Scott Sealy, Daurance Williams, Jan Michael Williams, Avery John, Anthony Rougier, Gary Glasgow and Cornell Glen are just some of the names who have been hard at work under the eyes of Bertille St Clair in recent weeks.
“I think confidence is always a main factor and most of us are beginning to believe more in ourselves. We have been working very closely as a team and it’s like a family among us. We know it’s going to be competitive when it comes to making the team for February 9 but we believe the best team will be out there on the day,” Pierre said.
For the past few weeks, St Clair has been putting his players through the paces and recently all day camps with two sessions per day have been ongoing. The team trained twice at the Marvin Lee Stadium on Monday and spent the off hours relaxing with meals being provided at the nearby Le Sportel Inn.
“Everything is settling into place and all the boys are really working hard,” striker Sealy added.
“The local pros are showing now that they are ready to step up and face any challenge that comes their way. There is talk in the air that there will be more local players in the squad. The complain is always that we don’t get enough time to train together as a team but now we are getting this chance and things are looking much better. It’s now a situation where we have to take that picture from practice and try and paint it on the field when match day comes around,” added the 2004 All American.
CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh midfielder Kerry Baptiste who has been a member of the squad for much of 2004, believes that his team can upset the Americans.
“When you think about it, America are the favourites to win this match but I believe that once we can keep up this sort of preparations then we stand a chance of beating them on Ash Wednesday. It’s all about hunger in the camp right now and we are becoming more determined to not just let any team come and feel they can get three points from us at home,” the former Murucapo Senior Comprehensive standout added.
The players are well aware of reports that the Americans have put off the start of their training camp because of unsettled wage agreements. But that could be just talk at the moment.
“We are not concerned with what’s happening in America,” Theobald said. “Our focus is getting as fit and ready as can be to ensure that we can stand a chance of winning that first game. All I am thinking about these days is what’s going to happen on Ash Wednesday. Whether I play or not, myself and the other guys are eager to do whatever we can to see us through to a win and then go on to qualify for Germany.”
Theobald and company will have yet another chance to prove their worth on Sunday when T&T tackles St Vincent and the Grenadines at the Queen’s Park Oval from 3:30pm in the Digicel Caribbean Cup third round encounter.

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anton Pierre
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 07:03:07 PM »
didn`t read the entire post, but every time i see this man name i always remember seein and playin against him in small league and de man don`t know which is his left foot or right foot, i never understood him being on the national team, based on runnin against him inthose games

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 06:57:39 AM »
Way to slow, teams in Central America and the Caribbean will blow past him like the road runner. Even Marvin Andrews faster than Anton and speed in these times are important especially for defenders and forwards.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 06:59:12 AM by Sando »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 02:56:53 PM »
If meh boi Dog faster than yuh yuh real slow dread
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 03:53:36 PM »
And yet he had over 50 caps for TnT  and when he got drop everyone was baffled because he was playing very well do some research

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 06:01:39 AM »
What I dont understand, men on this forum does what players get pick because they from the same village. (TI) is one of them.... this is also one of the reasons why a local coach will always see trouble, because of favouritism. When Beenhakker, Porterfield and Wim was coach players like Anton Pierre couldn't make T&T side, not that he was a bad player but his speed killed him. Maybe as a defensive midfielder he might have been ok. Aganist USA in 2005 he was just kicking out the ball with no clue as to whom the ball will fall too simply because he couldn't afford to get caught flat footed as his recovery time was piss poor even when no player was on him he was just kicking out without a clue.

As for Anton, 50 caps when the big players where not there and against whom, St Vincent. In these modern times slow players will be devoured. Imagine what Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Cuba, Haiti and USA will do to Pierre. Even Andrews had a hard time against the speed of these teams. For Anton to be effective we have to play with 6 defenders.

If Anton had a little more speed I believe he would have been a very good player for T&T. But pick men who can help not pick men who you personally like.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:29:13 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 07:27:24 PM »
Anton Pierre is one player that TTFF drop like a hot bag ahh potatoes out of all the local defenders he has the most experience some may say he’s slow but that can’t be the only reason for his non selection I say he should be training   with the locals i took some topic for a little refresh

Like yuh went and hit Maturana two clout. Yuh get yuh wish.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 07:48:42 PM »

WHAT? He get called up for the National Team Talliest?

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 07:55:01 PM »
He could help out the young guys on the team he is a good leader and  good at free kicks everyone will get there chance what they do with it is up to them the next player I want to see is Josh Belgrave

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 07:59:34 PM »

WHAT? He get called up for the National Team Tallest?

Kingman
Yeh, he is currently in training with the national team for the upcoming game against Grenada.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 08:06:09 PM »
 kingman yuh tink he should not be on the team eh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 08:07:18 PM »
He could help out the young guys on the team he is a good leader and  good at free kicks everyone will get there chance what they do with it is up to them the next player I want to see is Josh Belgrave

Bally, with all due respect, if you really think Anton Pierre deserves to be on the National Senior team to lead our country in our QUEST FOR WC 2010 GLORY, then I don't think you have the country's heart at hand. Maybe you are being selfish and look out for him (MAYBE).

Anton had his time. I think he was DECENT in his days. I don't rate him that much to be honest. If you speak to or ask any one of the present players on the present Army team, they have little or NO respect for Anton.

Now, he is certainly out of shape. He walks around with a small gutt and hangs around in the bars very often.

He is certainly very slow athletically and also in his execution of passes. His decision making process is too slow. I think we need to keep pressing forward.

I am very confident when I say that there are other players that are on the national team presently (Kern Cupid, Osei Telesford, Sean Powers, just to name a few) that will give a much better account of themselves than Anton. And I mean everything I say with All Due Respect to you and Anton.

Kingman

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 08:09:00 PM »

WHAT? He get called up for the National Team Tallest?

Kingman
Yeh, he is currently in training with the national team for the upcoming game against Grenada.

Talliest you serious? Anyways, the coach will make his decision at the end of the day.

Kingman

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 08:28:35 PM »
he was there for the last one

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 08:35:02 PM »
he loss dat weight yet???? de last time I see him he was a bit on the chunky side to say the least

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 09:14:34 AM »
If Anton Pierre was a faster player he would have been a good option to have. I eh rate him to much now, hope he prove me wrong.

Josmir Belgrave is a decent player.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 09:31:58 AM »
If Anton Pierre was a faster player he would have been a good option to have. I eh rate him to much now, hope he prove me wrong.

Josmir Belgrave is a decent player.

Sam, long time man. How things?

BTW, even if Anton was faster athletically, he still slow in executing his decisions. I think he is DECENT. I not saying he is garbage. I just think his days for National Senior team is done. Just me.

Kingman

1]; } ?>