May 12, 2024, 09:42:58 PM

Author Topic: The Sat Maharaj Thread  (Read 35440 times)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Sat, Devant sues Manning
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 07:42:38 AM »
Not surprised at all, expected this,

the others will line up with their lawyers en tow.

This is a breach of the constitutional right to privacy and the state is culpable 100%.

I don't see how the state can even defend this.

well if the files were truly destroyed, how are they proving it?  From what Kamla said?  Not saying there is no evidence, jes sayig Kamla and dem saying ting today and saying is mis print and mis quote tomorrow.

Files destroyed? Or dem have de files?

Seems like mischief to me Devant and Sat have axe to grind.

You're right about that,

Just like the selectivity of the Parliment presentation list may be the list of those who will be able to proove their case.

But they have hansad records where the PM puts their names up. If the case goes to court, can the PM be called to testify on her source? This is where it gets grey for me.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sat, Devant sues Manning
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2010, 10:41:08 AM »
Not surprised at all, expected this,

the others will line up with their lawyers en tow.

This is a breach of the constitutional right to privacy and the state is culpable 100%.

I don't see how the state can even defend this.

well if the files were truly destroyed, how are they proving it?  From what Kamla said?  Not saying there is no evidence, jes sayig Kamla and dem saying ting today and saying is mis print and mis quote tomorrow.

Files destroyed? Or dem have de files?

Seems like mischief to me Devant and Sat have axe to grind.

You're right about that,

Just like the selectivity of the Parliment presentation list may be the list of those who will be able to proove their case.

But they have hansad records where the PM puts their names up. If the case goes to court, can the PM be called to testify on her source? This is where it gets grey for me.

This is like Jack suing Lasana u cannot sue based on what was said in Parliament otherwise d CJ could have sue Volney.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The Sat Maharaj Thread.
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 05:57:46 AM »
SAT: MAX MUST GO
By CLINT CHAN TACK
Newsday - Thursday, April 7 2011

President George Maxwell Richards buckled under political pressure when he revoked the appointment of Nizam Mohammed as Police Service Commission (PSC) and he must immediately resign, Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha (SDMS) secretary general Sat Maharaj said yesterday, two days after Richards revoked Mohammed’s appointment.

And while Mohammed has publicly called on the President to explain the reasons why his appointment was revoked, Maharaj told Newsday it was not enough at this stage for Richards to merely provide an explanation. “We have passed that point. He should retire. He made a mess out of a simple issue. Max must go,” Maharaj declared.

Stating there was a 1994 study which argued there was an ethnic imbalance in the Police Service, Maharaj also claimed that Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s current National Security Adviser Gary Griffith also spoke on this issue when he was a temporary UNC senator.

Newsday was reliably informed that during his tenure as a temporary Opposition Senator from October 2002 to September 2007, Griffith spoke about situations in New York and the United Kingdom where questions were raised about ethnic composition in police forces in each of these jurisdictions. At that time, Griffith said it was a question of levelling the playing field and it was necessary to “open the Pandora’s Box” and confront this issue head on with meritocracy being the main focus.

Mohammed first raised the issue of an ethnic imbalance in the Police Service in a letter dated December 7, 2010 to Israel Khan SC. In that letter, Mohammed said data provided by the Commissioner of Police (CoP) suggests that “within the Police Service of 6,219 personnel, 1,917 are of East Indian descent” and this represents approximately 30.82 percent of the service’s total manpower.

Mohammed said the CoP also advised that the suggested ratio of 90 percent of police officers being of African descent was incorrect. “He (CoP) stated that the records of the Police Service illustrate that approximately 61.71 percent of police officers are of African descent and 7.46 percent are of mixed ancestral heritage.”

Mohammed’s letter was a response to a letter which Khan wrote to him on August 23, 2010. In that letter, Khan said it was incumbent upon the PSC to conduct an inquiry/research in order to ascertain why the Police Service “is lopsided in favour of African membership.” Khan said he did not believe that affirmative action should be taken to cure this defect. “East Indian inclusion should take place slowly but surely and it should be based on merit, ability and integrity,” Khan said.

“Why has he dismissed Nizam Mohammed for speaking the truth? What wrong has Nizam Mohammed done by bringing this to the attention of the national community?” Maharaj asked. He said while it is expected that politicians will take sides on any issue, the President cannot take sides or respond to political pressure. Maharaj claimed that in Mohammed’s case, Richards “responded under PNM pressure.” However the revocation of Mohammed’s appointment was also preceded by strong condemnation from both the Government and the Opposition for his statements to the JSC.

On March 26, Works and Transport Minister Jack Warner said Mohammed had done a disservice to the country. On March 28, a statement issued from the Office of the Prime Minister said, “Mr Mohammed must be held accountable for his inflammatory and unwise remarks which in on way represent the views of the Government.

The statement went further to indicate that “statements such as the one by Mr Mohammed are divisive and serve no useful purpose other than to undermine the trust that is reposed in him as chairman of the Police Service Commission.”

The Congress of the People (COP) of which Mohammed is a member also condemned his remarks on March 28.

In a statement on Monday, the President said he exercised his powers under Sections 122 A (1) (d) and (f) of the Constitution to revoke Mohammed’s appointment on the basis of “a lack of competence to perform his duties” and that he failed “to perform his duties in a responsible manner.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sat Maharaj Thread.
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 10:07:10 AM »
This disgust doesn't deserve a thread. Nice to see that he got a national award last year after all the years. Well done Kamla.. >:( :(

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 07:21:41 PM »
This disgust doesn't deserve a thread. Nice to see that he got a national award last year after all the years. Well done Kamla.. >:( :(

Very well done
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2011, 05:08:31 AM »

Why ?

If Jack Warner could get a thread anyone could get one.

These kind of controversial people need an entire thread.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2011, 06:20:19 AM »
Bad talk any Indian and you will find weary there.

Every race in this world have somebody who does cause a stir... why everybody focusing on Sat Maharaj alone...

Sugar Aloes, Watchman, Crocro, Iwer George, Rowley,,,, etc... is some of de most racist creole I know, but yuh think they does get bad name like Sat Maharaj.....

All in de same blasted boat....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2011, 06:52:25 AM »

Every race in this world have somebody who does cause a stir... why everybody focusing on Sat Maharaj alone...

Sugar Aloes, Watchman, Crocro, Iwer George, Rowley,,,, etc... is some of de most racist creole I know, but yuh think they does get bad name like Sat Maharaj.....

What make Rowley a racist ?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2011, 08:45:38 AM »
I C I no longer sweatin d sheets wit Patos I now hatin on Indians. Cro Cro etal eh a religious leaders so silly people 4 expectin different from old Sat.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2011, 09:12:21 AM »

What make Rowley a racist ?

Or Iwer for that matter?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2011, 09:20:07 AM »
I C I no longer sweatin d sheets wit Patos I now hatin on Indians. Cro Cro etal eh a religious leaders so silly people 4 expectin different from old Sat.
gyal ah whey yuh dey....why yuh hatin on de people so???
I tort Cro Cro was a preacherman cause I singin de chorus....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2011, 09:26:26 AM »
MEP I right here :rotfl: Patrick blank meh yuh know dey does always go bck 2 d wife. So as I have time on meh hand I usin meh energies on hatin on Indians.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2011, 09:34:36 AM »
oh gawd oh...... :rotfl: :rotfl:

truetrini

SAT BLOCKED BLACK CHILDREN
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2011, 01:37:07 AM »
SAT BLOCKED BLACK CHILDREN
PNM MP reveals school principal's letter…
By by Ria Taitt Political Editor

Story Created: Nov 10, 2011 at 10:59 PM ECT

Story Updated: Nov 10, 2011 at 10:59 PM ECT

People's National Movement (PNM) MP Patricia McIntosh has slammed the Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha (SDMS) for its conduct at the Tunapuna Hindu Primary School in denying equal opportunities to pupils of different denominations, particularly black children who reside within the catchment area.

Speaking in the House of Representatives at Tower D, Waterfront Complex, Port of Spain, on Wednesday night, McIntosh charged that the Maha Sabha also sought to exclude non-Indian on-the-job trainees (OJTs), sent by the Ministry of Education, to work at the school.

McIntosh also criticised Minister of Education Dr Tim Gopeesingh for his "deafening silence" and inaction in the face of this glaring discriminatory "and unlawful" behaviour of the Maha Sabha which, she contended, "could alter", in a very hideous manner, the face of education in Trinidad and Tobago".

McIntosh, a former school principal, also identified Transport Minister Devant Maharaj as appearing to lend support to the Maha Sabha general secretary, Sat Maharaj.

To demonstrate her claim, McIntosh quoted extensively from correspondence submitted to the Teaching Service Commission (TSC) by principal of the school Sita Gajadharsingh Nanga, dated June 17, 2011, in which she complained of "numerous acts of intimidation and harassment" by the Maha Sabha board and several of its members. As a result of this, she requested a release from the SDMS board and a transfer to the Government Teaching Service.

"The Secretary General (Sat Maharaj) threatened to lock me out of the school for taking in non-Indian children who were within the catchment area. He told me, in no uncertain terms, that I must not admit black children into the school, and admission lists for both primary and pre-school are being scrutinised to ascertain whether I am following instructions," Gajadharsingh Nanga stated in the letter.

McIntosh said Gajadharsingh Nanga's letter stated: "The Secretary General was in an uproar because two of eight OJTs sent to the school were non-Indian. He threatened that the school keys would be taken from me because I was changing the culture of the school, and I was ordered to immediately get rid of the (two) OJTs".

McIntosh called for national debate on the role of religion, in respect of the exclusion of students or staff from certain denominational schools where those persons do not profess the religion of the particular denomination.

"Mr Speaker, I should like to know what is the ruling of the Equal Opportunity Commission on this matter? While the commission is busy pronouncing on Senator Devant Maharaj's allegations of racism in respect of grants awarded under the PNM administration, it would be interesting to hear what they have to say on this issue where, in certain schools, children are denied the opportunity of an education and workers, the opportunity of employment, based on the grounds of religion. This is in total defiance of the Equal Opportunity Act," she said.

McIntosh yesterday pointed out that Gajadharsingh Nanga also complained in her letter to the TSC that "she was expected to admit illegal Guyanese children into the school, and when she did not accede to this request, it posed a problem". Gajadharsingh Singh also stated she was forced to curtail the teaching of agricultural science in the school after being told by Maharaj that he was trying to "take Indians out of the canefield and I (Gajadharsingh Nanga) am trying to put them back in it".

McIntosh said since September 5, Gajadharsingh Nanga had been debarred from entering the school where she is still principal. She said on October 24, two school supervisors accompanied Gajadharsingh Nanga to the school where all three were denied entry. They summoned the police to instruct the security guard to allow them entry, and they also had to summon fire officers to break the locks of two doors to gain entry to the principal's office, the PNM MP said.

She said on the next day, October 25, they returned again and were prevented from entering the compound. "To add insult to injury, Mr Satnarine Maharaj, accompanied by Mr Devant Maharaj, Minister of Transport, visited the Tunapuna Police Station to press charges against the principal, the two school supervisors, the police and fire officers who had accompanied them to the school on the previous day (October 24).

"Mr Speaker, if this is not the height of arrogance and contempt for the State on the part of the board, then I do not know what is," McIntosh stated.

Contacted yesterday, Maharaj declined to give an answer to the direct question of whether he had accompanied Sat Maharaj to the police station on October 25 to take action against the school principal and others. "I have asked for a copy of the Hansard (of McIntosh), which was just e-mailed to me by my staff. I am going to look through it and see if it was factual, and if it is not, I will take the appropriate action. But I wouldn't want to comment until I have read what she had to say," the minister said.

McIntosh, however, said yesterday that Minister Maharaj's action (of accompanying Sat Maharaj to the police station) was in direct opposition to his stance in taking the PNM government to the Equal Opportunity Commission over the scholarship fund.

She told the House on Wednesday night that the Maha Sabha had arrogated onto itself an authority it did not possess. "Like all denominational boards, the Tunapuna Hindu Primary School is, indeed, by law, a public school. Denominational schools are funded by public money, taxpayers' money; teachers are paid by the State and resources are provided by the State", McIntosh said.

She said while the buildings that housed the Tunapuna Hindu Primary School belong to the board, the school itself, that body that comprises the students, the teachers, administrators and the school's operations, falls under the jurisdiction of the State.

McIntosh said despite the Ministry of Education's permanent secretary's instructions to the principal to report for duty at the school, the board of the Maha Sabha remained inflexible and resolute in its stance to keep the principal locked out.

"No matter what the ministry says, the board is unwilling to change its position. And I have to ask where is the honourable Minister of Education in all of this? He has been deafeningly silent.... The public has a right to know what action the Minister of Education intends to take in respect of this highly unlawful and untenable situation," she said.

She said according to the 1960 Concordat, it was the Teaching Service Commission, the agent of the State, that possessed the authority to appoint, retain, promote, discipline, transfer or terminate teachers and administrators, not the board. Furthermore, she said, under the Industrial Relations Act, the board has no power to lock out either teachers or administrators and prevent him or her from performing his or her duties.

McIntosh also quoted a letter from Maharaj, (Sat) in which he chastised Gajadharsingh Nanga for hiring a secretary "who is not a Hindu and does not respond to teachers and students in our tradition. In addition, you have permitted a number of OJTs who are not Hindus and do not conform to our dress code. We hereby advise that within two weeks, you send these persons back to the officers from which you accepted them. We view this as a serious breach of the Concordat and will take positive action if our instructions remain unfulfilled".

She noted that the letter also stated the school was the property of the Maha Sabha, and its control falls under the SDMS education board of management. "We have the right to ensure that the culture and religion of the school reflects the culture and religion of the SDMS," Maharaj (Sat) wrote.

truetrini

Re: SAT BLOCKED BLACK CHILDREN
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2011, 01:39:20 AM »
Gopeesingh: Take up issue with Equal Opportunity

Story Created: Nov 10, 2011 at 10:59 PM ECT

Story Updated: Nov 10, 2011 at 10:59 PM ECT

Minister of Education Dr Tim Gopeesingh has advised People's National Movement (PNM) MP Patricia McIntosh to take the issue of alleged discrimination by the Maha Sabha at the Tunapuna Hindu Primary School to the Equal Opportunity Commission for a ruling.

He was speaking on Wednesday night in the House of Representatives at Tower D, Waterfront Complex, Port of Spain, in response to a motion on the adjournment brought by PNM MP Patricia McIntosh.

In giving a chronology of the events, Gopeesingh said on June 17, 2011, the principal, Sita Gajadharsingh Nanga, wrote to the Teaching Service Commission (TSC) requesting a transfer, in which she made numerous allegations about the Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha (SDMS) board.

He said the letter was copied to no one at the ministry, except a School Supervisor 3. He said on August 10, 2011, a letter from the secretary general of the Maha Sabha was sent to the TSC, supporting Gajadharsingh Nanga's request for the transfer and making allegations against her. That letter was also not sent to the Ministry of Education. On August 22, a memorandum from the TSC came to the ministry, seeking its comments and recommendations on the issue.

Gopeesingh said on August 30, 2011, the permanent secretary sent a letter to the Commission, indicating the following: The principal had not followed the established procedures in applying for a transfer since the Public Service Commission regulations require such an application to be made through the school board to the permanent secretary; the issues raised by both the principal and the secretary general of the Maha Sabha contained many substantiated allegations; the decision on the transfer remains a matter for the Commission to decide.

Gopeesingh said on September 26, the Director of Personal Administration wrote to the Ministry of Education, requesting that the permanent secretary take steps to ensure that the principal be allowed to carry out her duties at the school. He said a letter was sent to the Maha Sabha on October 14 confirming that unless Gajadharsingh Nanga is transferred or otherwise directed by the TSC, the Maha Sabha board had no authority to debar her from reporting for duty at the school.

Gopeesingh said MTS, on October 20, confirmed the principal would be allowed entry to the school. But on October 24, the same day the principal was debarred from entry to the school, the Maha Sabha advised MTS that it had been relieved of its responsibility at the school. In addition to a report from the School Supervisor 3, the ministry also received a letter from the TSC asking for an investigation. The minister said the permanent secretary appointed a School Supervisor 2 and a School Supervisor 1 to do a probe, and their reports are due today (Friday). He said the Ministry of Education "has behaved in a very responsible manner".

Gopeesingh, however, noted it was the "height of hypocrisy" that the PNM, which for years resisted an Equal Opportunity Commission ("set up as a result of the UNC and the Privy Council"), was asking what the Equal Opportunity Commission would say on this issue.

"You (McIntosh) have a matter that is close to your heart; you should probably send it to the Equal Opportunity Commission for their deliberations on it", he advised.

truetrini

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2011, 01:41:43 AM »
Ethnic Cleansing Tim Gopeesingh?  Or is Go Pissing?

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2011, 04:45:23 AM »
were it the other way around and naps, saghs, hillview blocked hindu's yuh woulda hear tim mouth....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2011, 06:39:05 AM »
The Prime Minister made Devant Maharaj a Minister and that's a 'cool scene' as we say. Smh

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2011, 06:59:50 AM »
Lawd. :-\
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2011, 07:01:03 AM »
Wow, that is madness...

Minister going down in the police station with Sat to push that agenda too?!

Wtf is this i seeing here.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2011, 07:23:29 AM »
smh
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2011, 08:34:28 AM »
Wow, that is madness...

U feel dat bad d security manager in d Ministry refuse 2 go wit d SS3 he say he is Sat friend so he eh goin.
The Prime Minister made Devant Maharaj a Minister and that's a 'cool scene' as we say. Smh

ENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

truetrini

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2011, 08:45:25 AM »
The evolution of a name.

Go >>>>Gope>>>>Gopee>>>Gopeesingh>>>>GOPIO

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2011, 09:09:54 AM »
things so bad that the express disable reader comments oui...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2011, 09:49:07 AM »
 :puking: :puking:

Anybody know where I could find a good friendly neighbourhood assassin?? 

Wow, that is madness...

Ah been trying to warn yuh but like stick break in your ears.....now yuh seeing for yourself....is real shyte going on behind the scenes.  This is just the tip of the iceberg my brother.....hold on tight, the ride will be long and difficult.  And no, I am not an alarmist....yuh want details on what they trying in Tobago??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2011, 11:51:41 AM »

Wow, that is madness...

Ah been trying to warn yuh but like stick break in your ears.....now yuh seeing for yourself....is real shyte going on behind the scenes.  This is just the tip of the iceberg my brother.....hold on tight, the ride will be long and difficult.  And no, I am not an alarmist....yuh want details on what they trying in Tobago??

Tell we Brownie, dont hold back
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2011, 11:59:40 AM »
Indian People not Black? They probably brown like the Mexicans in the USA  :thinking:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2011, 12:07:59 PM »
Seems like Trinidad is determined to go the way of Guyana and looks like some folks here would actually look forward to that!  :worried:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2011, 12:34:02 PM »

Wow, that is madness...

Tell we Brownie, dont hold back

Voter padding d 2nd coming.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2011, 01:26:48 PM »
Seems like Trinidad is determined to go the way of Guyana and looks like some folks here would actually look forward to that!  :worried:

I was waiting for someone to mention Guyana, cause I was reading some article the other day and realise the similarity in the PP and the PPP.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>