May 20, 2024, 09:10:09 PM

Author Topic: T&T performance  (Read 2681 times)

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T performance
« on: July 06, 2005, 10:50:46 PM »
I am really disappointed, but I am also relieved that we did not concede victory and lose all 3 points along with team morale.

My ratings:

Kelvin Jack-8....to all those men including myself:) who bad talk Jack, we hadda shut up now, cuz de man earn his pick and turned in an excellent performance.  I would be comfortable with him in goal  during the abscence of Ince, especially since Shaka is lacking match fitness and confidence.

Dog- Made some clumsy mistakes, which I always pointed out.  But, all in all, he is a quality defender with tons of experience, so he retains his place.

Tallest- Good performance, was solid at the back, and even passed the ball well when necessary, he retains his place.

Gray- my word!....he did not play a horrible game, but was quickly and easily spotted as our weak link in defense, hence the reason why all their plays came through his side.  I do not think he is ready for int'l football.  Atiba willl get back his spot, lord knows why he lost it in the first place, he will handle the right back position.

Theobold- not a left sided winger, and it is showing its ugly head.  Nuff said.  More effective in the middle.  I would like to see either himself or Spann togther with Birchall in the middle.

Whitley- Disappointing, especially with the talent that he has.  He brings nothing special to the team, and should be placed on the bench in my opinion.

Birchall- GREAT GOAL, played well for most of the match, but made a few passing errors.  Was the most consistent on the night though.  He retains his place.

Rahim- Not a right sided winger, and I do not think he should start in the center either. A strong substitute to call on, and that is how he should remain.

Stern- LAZY, WASTEFUL, and SLOW, he wastes to many opportunities before he can score.  Someone else needs to step up.

Scotland- nothing to shout about. I would bench him.

My lineup for the next game.

Jack

Atiba          Dog           Lawrence          Avery

Edwards            Birchall          Theobold/Spann         Samuel

Stern:(:(/Jones                     Glen

We really miss yorke and his work rate, as well as carlos and his courageous runs down the right.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: T&T performance
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 11:13:27 PM »
do you think Angus should return to the midfield?

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 11:15:42 PM »
If he does, it should be for dee last 1/2 hr or so at right wing...he is not the ultimate answer to our midfield problem.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 04:37:42 AM »
TRINiWings- I am in total agreement with your Report.
 Jack and Tallman were outstanding. Birchell played his heart out.
We need Two forwards who will run to goal and a midfielder who will do what Samuel did on a regular basis.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 04:53:24 AM »
Godd report man and u have hit de nail on de head!

We needed some pace in this game and i thought that glenn would have been a better addition than jones. 

Gray is ah wild man! full stop

Tuh all de people who bad talk jack....."i told u so"...de man had ah good game.

Stern? as ah man said earlier, he should fake an injury and leave de states.

great game by birchal, but whitley absence made it hard for him.

by de way, flex or anyone one else who was keeping ah count..

how many crosses came in from either theobald or rahim?

we didnt play well, but i am glad that we came away with a point.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 05:53:06 AM »
triniwings hit the nail on the head,i would start with spann and glen in your lineup
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 06:32:53 AM »
by de way, flex or anyone one else who was keeping ah count..how many crosses came in from either theobald or rahim?

Ah big fat zero unless yuh count de couple corners Rahim take.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 07:06:58 AM »
Stern AS usual wasted his chance.. Kelvin Had a VERY strong game.. I see people saying that the WALL let us down but I disagree..

7 men made up the major wall, 3 men charged, and 4 STOOD thier ground to cover right side goal. Kelvin then stepped right Behind the wall, and had to Dive back to his left side to try and save the goal.. He was slightly out of position..

I think the wall did its Job.. It was a small lapse in concentration at that point. Watch that free kick again from hondurasss and you will see what I am talking about ..!!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 07:25:22 AM »
We have to beat Panama on Saturday because we don't want them getting any kind of confidence against us before our subsequent duel in WCQ. We have to bear in mind that although we are out there to win every game, at the same time I think Leo trying to look at different players and players in different positions. The performance was disjointed and incohesive, I thought they would have gelled better. A long time I'm saying now, Stern needs to bench for a few games. When his coach at Coventry bench his tail for a few games he came back gunning after, Glenn needs a run, I don't understand how Scotland started in front of him, saying that I thought Scotland had a better game than Stern.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 07:33:31 AM »
Fellas,Stern must go,captain or not.Ah see Beenieman do ah smart thing and appoint him and Lawrence co-captains,so let lawrence captain de side and please doh play Stern against Panama,although Beenieman may start him because he scored last time.
You'll see why the Coventry fans were crying him down ! Especially since the British like more heart less feet. I will like to see some SPEED up front with Glen and place Jones in dat outside right midfield posiiton if Edwards still injured.
We need a creative midfielder.I doh know who dat could be.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 07:39:52 AM »
no need to panic just yet but please beenie make some changes stern sit down get hungry again, start samuel and glenn no cyd gray.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 07:44:43 AM »
actually rahim did take two crosses ..one from a good one two build up....

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 08:34:03 AM »
whoever going the panama game, please carry ah box ah pampers for stern... he need it bad

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 08:36:25 AM »
whoever going the panama game, please carry ah box ah pampers for stern... he need it bad

HA HA HA

But yuh supposed to put the image

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 08:57:25 AM »
Not only Yorke .....we badly miss Carlos. That man woulda cause terror on that Honduran left.

JAck is my man of the match. It real hard to see that man get bench after a performance like that.

Somebody please .....SHOOT STERN.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

1]; } ?>