May 09, 2024, 02:26:14 AM

Author Topic: THAT'S RIDICULOUS! Jennings Responds To Jack.  (Read 2024 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
THAT'S RIDICULOUS! Jennings Responds To Jack.
« on: May 10, 2006, 08:40:32 PM »
That's Ridiculous! Jennings responds to Jack.
By: Kern DeFreitas (Express).
[/size]

British reporter Andrew Jennings is refuting allegations by FIFA vice-president Jack Warner that is Trinidad and Tobago on a witch hunt, or trying to "intimidate" him. In fact, Jennings, the author of the book Foul!-which was released a few months ago that implicated Warner and other top FIFA officials in financial impropriety-is in the country shooting a movie for the BBC on the activities of the CONCACAF president, and has hit back at Warner for what he termed were racial remarks during a UNC rally on Monday night in Rio Claro.
"He used a phrase-and all your viewers would understand this-said 'massa go away, then massa come back'," Jennings said in an interview at the Hilton Hotel on Tuesday night. "That's distasteful. I'm sorry, chaps, I don't know what planet he's on when he's making these remarks."
"I'm offended by being called a racist," he insisted, "but then if you can't take what Mr Warner says at any time seriously, then you're not too offended...it's just silly.
"I don't know what a witch hunt is, I'm a journalist, I investigate like other journalists do-any journalist-allegations against people in public life. That's not witch hunting. The evidence that I look at, whether I'm wearing the hat of a freelance journalist, or book writer, is evidence to be fair, (that) has already been (reported) in your media."
The veteran journalist was also insulted by insinuations that he had been recruited by the ruling political party, the PNM to "intimidate" the CONCACAF president.
"That's ridiculous!" Jennings exclaimed. "I work for BBC television. We pay our own way, we have our own budget. Anybody who suggests that any other agency, particularly a political party in Trinidad could be involved in funding our trip here is just ridiculous."
"I'm a reporter," he added. "He did it, I reported it. If he hadn't done these thing I wouldn't report them."
Jennings said the type of control Warner exercises over local and regional football is unique to T&T, describing it as "worrying".
"That's just very interesting, because it doesn't happen in any other country," the Foul! author stressed. "There are no 'special advisors' in any other federation in the world. It is a strange, and perhaps worrying situation."
Jennings attributed Warner's comments on Monday to the information he has exposed in his book.
"When you start investigating the rich and famous, they start to use all sorts of things like witch hunts, predjudice, bias, and he even mentioned race to me, which I find deeply offensive," he said.
The book has been banned in Switzerland, but Jennings has said that has only resulted in increasing sales.
"Frankly, let me tell you the result of the ban. We're selling more books to Swiss than we would have done. When I was being interviewed last week by Swiss journalists they were taking back suitcases.
"The joke now is that at Zurich Airport, you know they have the usual scanners, and searches for guns, and drugs, and now they're searching for my book as well," he said with a laugh.
He also dismissed claims Express journalist Lasana Liburd had helped him write the book.
"When he (Warner) went on to say that Lasana Liburd had co-written the book, that's fantasy! I have great regards for Lasana Liburd as a reporter, but he doesn't write my books, and I don't write his articles," Jennings said with a chuckle.
Jennings also claimed there was evidence in his book coming out of judgements in Swiss courts, concerning a questionable relationship between FIFA and sports management company ISL (which went bankrupt in 2001), where officials were bribed, and were made to return those bribes when the company folded.
As for the impending World Cup match between England and Trinidad and Tobago, Jennings had no predictions. "I don't care who wins any game in the World Cup. What I want to see is "beautiful football. And if Trinidad and Tobago deliver it, and if they beat England I'm entirely happy..." Jennings concluded.
Related News.

Warner slams British journalist.
By: Phoolo Danny-Maharaj South Bureau.

FIFA vice president and opposition UNC deputy political leader Jack Warner has publicly criticised a British journalist whom he said was brought to Trinidad to harass and intimidate him.
At a UNC meeting at Market Square, Rio Claro, on Monday night, he said that journalist Andrew Jennings had written articles in which most negative things were said about him.
"No foreigner, particularly a white foreigner will come to my country and harass me, intimidate me and push me around," said Warner.
The Daily Mail last week began serialising Foul, a book written by Jennings in which he exposes corruption in FIFA.
Warner, who was speaking in his birth village Rio Claro, said "those were happy days, growing up as a little black boy in a predominantly East Indian community", an experience which has helped him in adult life.
Describing the UNC as a disciplined party, Warner told supporters that there were too many armchair critics in the country who were not doing anything to solve problems.

Foul" book: statement from FIFA

Zurich, 28 April 2006  -  FIFA is aware of the book, Foul, by Andrew Jennings that is set to be published. At first glance, FIFA has noted that the book basically reveals nothing new.
FIFA therefore rejects the allegations having already commented on them in writing to the author on several occasions.
As the book contains a number of false and libellous claims, FIFA applied for an injunction on the publication and distribution of the book as a precaution several months ago. The Zurich cantonal high court complied with this request by passing a provisional ruling on 26 April 2006.

Further information from:
FIFA Media Department
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 03:11:29 AM by Flex »

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: THAT'S RIDICULOUS! Jennings Responds To Jack
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 08:58:08 PM »
This man couldn't wait till after we Warriors gone from T&T and get the proper sending off and IN Germany before this setta bacchanal start up ???

Ah understand he have ah book to sell but this setta thing spoiling up the Warriors name man. Dem fellas trying to promote the country...ah feel he and Jack just need to meet at high noon and Shoot it out :-\

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 09:13:43 PM »
This man couldn't wait till after we Warriors gone from T&T and get the proper sending off and IN Germany before this setta bacchanal start up ???

Ah understand he have ah book to sell but this setta thing spoiling up the Warriors name man. Dem fellas trying to promote the country...ah feel he and Jack just need to meet at high noon and Shoot it out :-\
       Why you blaming other ppl and not JW,look at what the post read Jennings responds to Jack not Jack responds to Jennings,who is the one started it?who spoiling up the Warriors name?Jack went public with what he had to say nobody said anything. 

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 09:37:40 PM »
I really not into the who start what thing because if you going that far back...he write ah book on FIFA and Jack....FIFA and Jack didn't write a book on him.

The World Cup coming up and his book coming out is no coincidence.

My beef with all this is that we team will get all caught up in this nonsense.

Whether the man right or wrong...NOBODY going to jail for anything...is just one setta commess. Now if he get them on some illegal shit that is different but if nothing coming out of it he might as well promote the book on Jerry Springer and let Jerry put he and Jack on the stage so they could cuss one another and pull off they clothes :devil: :devil:

Point is.....he go sell he book....FIFA go do business as usuall. But the Warriors name stand to be tarnished in the midst of all this.

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 12:36:49 AM »
I really not into the who start what thing because if you going that far back...he write ah book on FIFA and Jack....FIFA and Jack didn't write a book on him.

The World Cup coming up and his book coming out is no coincidence.

My beef with all this is that we team will get all caught up in this nonsense.

Whether the man right or wrong...NOBODY going to jail for anything...is just one setta commess. Now if he get them on some illegal shit that is different but if nothing coming out of it he might as well promote the book on Jerry Springer and let Jerry put he and Jack on the stage so they could cuss one another and pull off they clothes :devil: :devil:

Point is.....he go sell he book....FIFA go do business as usuall. But the Warriors name stand to be tarnished in the midst of all this.

who trnish de Warriors name?

certainly not Jennings!

He is ah writer and he want tuh sell he book...so what?

Ent jack raise de ticket price after de government subsidize dem...tuh make he money?

steups.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: THAT'S RIDICULOUS! Jennings Responds To Jack.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 03:51:29 AM »
"No foreigner, particularly a white foreigner will come to my country and harass me, intimidate me and push me around," said Warner.

what a facking idiot warner is
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 05:47:15 AM »
Warner sees plot by British writer
(Express)

Thursday, May 11th 2006

UNC deputy political leader Austin Jack Warner has accused British sports writer Andrew Jennings of attempting to physically obstruct him from addressing a recent UNC rally as part of a plot against him.

In a statement yesterday he alleged that Jennings attempted to stop him from taking the podium at the UNC Rally for Justice meeting in Rio Claro on Monday.

Warner stated that these actions provoked a crowd of onlookers who sought to keep Jennings away from him.

He noted that the sports writer reacted by shouting "Don't touch me, Don't touch me" and described it as "interesting" that a group of police on hand did not intervene.

He said that he was grateful that the angry crowd did not find Jennings and cautioned the sports writer to be "less irresponsible in the future".

"The actions of Mr Jennings, while an affront to any citizen of this country, at least revealed the nature of the man and the lengths to which he will go to create a story," Warner stated.

He said that Jennings, who had recently published the book Foul! which "attacks" FIFA, its President Sepp Blatter and Warner as Vice President, was in the country to promote the book.

But he alleged that the writer was one of three parties in a defamatory campaign against him which he has coined "Operation Get Jack Warner".

Warner described the recent one hour and twenty minute meeting between Jennings and Sports Minister Roger Boynes as "quite intriguing" and the best evidence of this collusion with the PNM.

"I am quite aware that this is but the start of the harrasment but on each occasion that it occurs I will use it as a platform to unmask them for all the world to see," he stated.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 06:47:46 AM »
Well Breds the fight start lets see who will win if that is what this is all about,PNM,everybody is being dragged into it not only the Warriors,the usual game of Politics must come into play to fight these battles weather it's local or foreign.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 07:02:25 AM »
Warner sees plot by British writer
(Express)

Thursday, May 11th 2006

UNC deputy political leader Austin Jack Warner has accused British sports writer Andrew Jennings of attempting to physically obstruct him from addressing a recent UNC rally as part of a plot against him.

In a statement yesterday he alleged that Jennings attempted to stop him from taking the podium at the UNC Rally for Justice meeting in Rio Claro on Monday.

Warner stated that these actions provoked a crowd of onlookers who sought to keep Jennings away from him.

He noted that the sports writer reacted by shouting "Don't touch me, Don't touch me" and described it as "interesting" that a group of police on hand did not intervene.

He said that he was grateful that the angry crowd did not find Jennings and cautioned the sports writer to be "less irresponsible in the future".

"The actions of Mr Jennings, while an affront to any citizen of this country, at least revealed the nature of the man and the lengths to which he will go to create a story," Warner stated.

He said that Jennings, who had recently published the book Foul! which "attacks" FIFA, its President Sepp Blatter and Warner as Vice President, was in the country to promote the book.

But he alleged that the writer was one of three parties in a defamatory campaign against him which he has coined "Operation Get Jack Warner".

Warner described the recent one hour and twenty minute meeting between Jennings and Sports Minister Roger Boynes as "quite intriguing" and the best evidence of this collusion with the PNM.

"I am quite aware that this is but the start of the harrasment but on each occasion that it occurs I will use it as a platform to unmask them for all the world to see," he stated.

Dis i find funny. Why Jennings go find heself at a UNC rally to stop Jack from taking a podium??
And a next question.......why Jennigs in trinidad?? to promote the book or he working with BBC on something?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 09:46:26 AM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>