May 15, 2024, 12:21:11 AM

Author Topic: Let the mind-games begin. Simoes to launch FIFA inquiry  (Read 6637 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Let the mind-games begin. Simoes to launch FIFA inquiry
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 11:23:51 AM »
Anyone else experiencing problems with ticketmaster buying tickets for this game? No matter what I facking try it eh wukkin. Wait.. is it sold out?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Let the mind-games begin. Simoes to launch FIFA inquiry
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 11:28:15 AM »
Reggaefan want people to think that its a difficult group,Canada has never been difficult when they have to step up.The fact is that Jamaica should be quite capable of beating Honduras and Canada in Kingston and getting draws away to those 2 countries or even beat Honduras away.TT on the other hand have 2 very tricky opponents in Cuba and Guatemala who narrowly missed 2006.

I want people to think its a difficult group? It wasnt Reggaefan who gave the group the "group of death" tag! but here are few reasons why the group of death tag is appropriate:

1) 3 of the regions top 4 teams are in this group
2) only group with all 4 teams qualifying for the world cup in the past.
3) only group with 1 caribbean team (caribbean powerhouse Jamaica)
4) all the teams have been in impressive form recently

I agree with you Fricio....Jamaica is MORE THAN capable of beating all the teams...HOME AND AWY. We have beaten them all WCQ games...

I'd much rather have Guatemala and USA in my group than Mexico and Honduras.

I presume that your powerhouse comment is a Reggaefan opinion, because I would love to know what results you are basing that on 

You may have beaten them in the past, but this is 2008, and the teams that JA are facing have improved...In present form, I think JA will be in for a rude awakening on Aug 20 (IMHO). I will provide a report as I will be at the game.

Given that its the group of death, I dont know what rude awakening you are talking about. I dont believe anyone in jamaica at the moment expects us to waltz into Canada, Mexico or Honduras and come out with 3 points....nor do I believe anyone feels that us winning at home is a given.vNor do I bleive that any of Canada, Honduras, or Mexico will count Jamiaca off as a sure 3 points....not with all 3 teams suffereing defeats  last time they played in Kingston.

Its called the group of death for a good reason.

1]; } ?>