May 17, 2024, 03:21:41 AM

Author Topic: Caribbean/BWIA Airlines Thread.  (Read 142020 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica PM flies in for Air Jamaica /CAL talks
« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2010, 03:47:48 AM »
CAL should stay far away from this deal. The Jamaican people don't want us. So why bother trying to help.
And therein lies the problem! i hope they are not depending on the jamaican public tuh patronize this airline , BC by the looks of it, they wont be supportive of this venture.

i read the unsavory comments below the article , and to my suprise, most of them were so superficial without any knowledge of fiscal responsibility, that it was just mind boggling. airlines normally flop that are state owned, while the most successful airline are private enterprises.

and yet again , the national squabling was @ the forefront, i always knew over the yrs that most jamaicans are totally jealous of trinidad's success, and reading this article only solidify this notion. imagine, they would rather fly an american carrier than support another caribbean nation, how scary.

if i was CAL, i would back off this deal, and let the airline fall into bankruptcy. we definitely don't need this problem.

stop get carried away. no one in Jamaica jealous of any thing that Trinidad have, Trinidad name would not be mention if Trinidad were not trying to buy something in Jamaica.in a Jamaican community either in Jamaica, England, Canada or U.S.A you don't hear people talk about Trinidad unless it is something like this. Jamaica has allot of companies both private and public. the problem is the government run the country in dept.
You better stop tell lies! i lived in JA for ah while, and many times i had tuh play it off like i was from there, that's BC almost every time i told someone where i was from they were taken aback, and behaved like bells went off in their heads!

it was always ah competition thing between jkans and trinis from as early as the 1930ies. jkans always feel they could out do ah trini in almost every thing, and to me it was just childish and silly.

in trinidad on the other hand, we accept jamaicans as our caribbean brothers, but jkans always have tuh act like they better than every other caribbean nation , which iz ah real slave mentality!

just look @ the way those ppl behave in the comment section of the gleanor! " we would rather fly on ah U.S. carrier than on ah trini airline", real hater ting!

allyuh need tuh wake up and realize that allyuh eh no better than no one else in the caribbean, as ah matter of fact , allyuh iz the poorest caribbean nation after haiti and dominican republic!

jamaicans should be glad tuh get rid of that money pit called air jamaica. we too in trini had our own airline, and the govt sold it over to ah private entity, that's BC a state owned airline drinks money like ah drunken sailor, what's national pride when your state owned airline is operating @ a huge lost.

wise up fella and forget that nonsense called national pride.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 03:56:08 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

AirMan

« Reply #211 on: March 05, 2010, 08:55:27 AM »
Boycott For Caribbean Airlines Coming

The youth arm of the Opposition People's National Party (PNP) is calling for a boycott of Trinidad's Caribbean Airlines if the government does not give due consideration to the bid by the pilots' group to acquire Air Jamaica.

In a statement Tuesday night, the PNP Youth Organization
said it takes issue with the government's unwillingness to engage the Jamaica airline Pilots' Association (JALPA) in its bid to take over and operate the airline.

Damion Crawford, PNPYO President, is suggesting that Jamaicans at home and in the Diaspora boycott Caribbean Airlines, if the Bruce Golding led administration proceeds with the sale of Air Jamaica without giving JALPA an equal opportunity.

"The government has been treating the workers of Air Jamaica with scant regard which is reminiscent of the way that they've treated all the other worker including teachers, nurses etc. We believe that the people of this country should therefore take affirmative action as it relates to what the government is doing and how they're doing it and boycott Caribbean Airlines if Air Jamaica is sold to it," he said.

On Tuesday, JALPA suffered a setback in its bid for Air Jamaica.

The Office of the Contractor General said it will step in if the government bows to pressure and breaches the law in order to facilitate the Air Jamaica staff's bid to acquire the ‘Lovebird'.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 05, 2010, 09:27:23 AM »
CAL should stay far away from this deal. The Jamaican people don't want us. So why bother trying to help.
And therein lies the problem! i hope they are not depending on the jamaican public tuh patronize this airline , BC by the looks of it, they wont be supportive of this venture.

i read the unsavory comments below the article , and to my suprise, most of them were so superficial without any knowledge of fiscal responsibility, that it was just mind boggling. airlines normally flop that are state owned, while the most successful airline are private enterprises.

and yet again , the national squabling was @ the forefront, i always knew over the yrs that most jamaicans are totally jealous of trinidad's success, and reading this article only solidify this notion. imagine, they would rather fly an american carrier than support another caribbean nation, how scary.

if i was CAL, i would back off this deal, and let the airline fall into bankruptcy. we definitely don't need this problem.

stop get carried away. no one in Jamaica jealous of any thing that Trinidad have, Trinidad name would not be mention if Trinidad were not trying to buy something in Jamaica.in a Jamaican community either in Jamaica, England, Canada or U.S.A you don't hear people talk about Trinidad unless it is something like this. Jamaica has allot of companies both private and public. the problem is the government run the country in dept.
You better stop tell lies! i lived in JA for ah while, and many times i had tuh play it off like i was from there, that's BC almost every time i told someone where i was from they were taken aback, and behaved like bells went off in their heads!

it was always ah competition thing between jkans and trinis from as early as the 1930ies. jkans always feel they could out do ah trini in almost every thing, and to me it was just childish and silly.

in trinidad on the other hand, we accept jamaicans as our caribbean brothers, but jkans always have tuh act like they better than every other caribbean nation , which iz ah real slave mentality!

just look @ the way those ppl behave in the comment section of the gleanor! " we would rather fly on ah U.S. carrier than on ah trini airline", real hater ting!

allyuh need tuh wake up and realize that allyuh eh no better than no one else in the caribbean, as ah matter of fact , allyuh iz the poorest caribbean nation after haiti and dominican republic!

jamaicans should be glad tuh get rid of that money pit called air jamaica. we too in trini had our own airline, and the govt sold it over to ah private entity, that's BC a state owned airline drinks money like ah drunken sailor, what's national pride when your state owned airline is operating @ a huge lost.

we may be poor base on money or per Capita GDP, but how much English Caribbean have infrastructure as Jamaica?. most of the English Caribbean study in Jamaica we have  about 10 university and 30 to 40 colleges. Jamaica has what all the Caribbean have combine in mixture from tourism, commercial cities, industrial, sports, music. our poorness is very different from Haiti or Guyana or whatever. even after that Jamaica has the second largest economy after Trinidad and that because Trinidad have oil.when you combine all our industries from ethanol, bauxite....etc, but some of these industries got hit because world recession. dollar wise of-course  we slide, but there was a time when Jamaica was strong in that department. and even after these debt or poor however you call it. i can show allot of large mega projects  all over island even more than what T&T doing, because Jamaica is a tourism destination. buy 2012 Jamaica will have 4 large major international airport, and is in talking with china to become the Caribbean transhipment hub. you already have car transhipment companies moving from San Juan Puerto Rico to Kingston.  Jamaica poorness is base financial and we now have to put things in place for economic  growth for the future so closing the airline is a must. i think only Bahamas and Dominica republic attract more foreign investment than Jamaica. if Trinidad did not have oil they could have been in this same position financially, because both Jamaica and T&T suffer from high level of crime and corruption. and it is also funny how you try to emphasize that Jamaica is poor, but not outline that Jamaica is also one of the most important economy in the Caribbean. Jamaica is 50% of the english Caribbean therefore we import allot of goods  from small Caribbean island if we stop doing that allot of small island could suffer, just as when Guyana was crying about rice. and tell me a few well know international Trinidad companies if there is any?. am give you two Jamaican ones for now: sandals and golden crust. i think the quote above explain what i was tell you a while back. that Trinidad will not be taking over air Jamaica, it will be closing and Caribbean air line will fly on its routs. they say that the route are profitable, but who knows if it will still be profitable after they start flying.
Hard work is the key to success

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 05, 2010, 09:37:08 AM »
Boycott For Caribbean Airlines Coming

The youth arm of the Opposition People's National Party (PNP) is calling for a boycott of Trinidad's Caribbean Airlines if the government does not give due consideration to the bid by the pilots' group to acquire Air Jamaica.

In a statement Tuesday night, the PNP Youth Organization
said it takes issue with the government's unwillingness to engage the Jamaica airline Pilots' Association (JALPA) in its bid to take over and operate the airline.

Damion Crawford, PNPYO President, is suggesting that Jamaicans at home and in the Diaspora boycott Caribbean Airlines, if the Bruce Golding led administration proceeds with the sale of Air Jamaica without giving JALPA an equal opportunity.

"The government has been treating the workers of Air Jamaica with scant regard which is reminiscent of the way that they've treated all the other worker including teachers, nurses etc. We believe that the people of this country should therefore take affirmative action as it relates to what the government is doing and how they're doing it and boycott Caribbean Airlines if Air Jamaica is sold to it," he said.

On Tuesday, JALPA suffered a setback in its bid for Air Jamaica.

The Office of the Contractor General said it will step in if the government bows to pressure and breaches the law in order to facilitate the Air Jamaica staff's bid to acquire the ‘Lovebird'.

the government cannot stop in the middle of an agreement just to give the JALPA the airline. and as much as it is sad that air J will be close i do not think JALPA can handle Air Jamaica. but i do not think  Caribbean airlines should get national carrier statues, because that would affect for a starting up of a new airlines in the future. at the same time i have no problem with Caribbean airlines flying on the important routes because that's a win win for both parties.

interesting
http://go-jamaica.com/news/read_article.php?id=17412

Captain Capelton also says the association’s quest to operate an airline owned by Jamaicans remains in an advanced stage.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 10:18:13 AM by jahkingdom »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #214 on: March 05, 2010, 10:38:22 AM »

we may be poor base on money or per Capita GDP, but how much English Caribbean have infrastructure as Jamaica?. most of the English Caribbean study in Jamaica we have  about 10 university and 30 to 40 colleges. Jamaica has what all the Caribbean have combine in mixture from tourism, commercial cities, industrial, sports, music. our poorness is very different from Haiti or Guyana or whatever. even after that Jamaica has the second largest economy after Trinidad and that because Trinidad have oil.when you combine all our industries from ethanol, bauxite....etc, but some of these industries got hit because world recession. dollar wise of-course  we slide, but there was a time when Jamaica was strong in that department. and even after these debt or poor however you call it. i can show allot of large mega projects  all over island even more than what T&T doing, because Jamaica is a tourism destination. buy 2012 Jamaica will have 4 large major international airport, and is in talking with china to become the Caribbean transhipment hub. you already have car transhipment companies moving from San Juan Puerto Rico to Kingston.  Jamaica poorness is base financial and we now have to put things in place for economic  growth for the future so closing the airline is a must. i think only Bahamas and Dominica republic attract more foreign investment than Jamaica. if Trinidad did not have oil they could have been in this same position financially, because both Jamaica and T&T suffer from high level of crime and corruption. and it is also funny how you try to emphasize that Jamaica is poor, but not outline that Jamaica is also one of the most important economy in the Caribbean. Jamaica is 50% of the english Caribbean therefore we import allot of goods  from small Caribbean island if we stop doing that allot of small island could suffer, just as when Guyana was crying about rice. and tell me a few well know international Trinidad companies if there is any?. am give you two Jamaican ones for now: sandals and golden crust. i think the quote above explain what i was tell you a while back. that Trinidad will not be taking over air Jamaica, it will be closing and Caribbean air line will fly on its routs. they say that the route are profitable, but who knows if it will still be profitable after they start flying.
Paragraphs are cool too.

You are right that Jamaica is important to CARICOM's economy but you refuse to recognise that much of the opposition to this move is based on Jamaican resentment of T&T's presence in their economy. Much of the sentiment is anti-Trini. We oppose the move for different reasons but the views of many Jamaicans I've heard are indicative of an underlying insecurity about T&T .

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #215 on: March 05, 2010, 10:48:32 AM »
we may be poor base on money or per Capita GDP, but how much English Caribbean have infrastructure as Jamaica?. most of the English Caribbean study in Jamaica we have  about 10 university and 30 to 40 colleges. Jamaica has what all the Caribbean have combine in mixture from tourism, commercial cities, industrial, sports, music. our poorness is very different from Haiti or Guyana or whatever. even after that Jamaica has the second largest economy after Trinidad and that because Trinidad have oil.when you combine all our industries from ethanol, bauxite....etc, but some of these industries got hit because world recession. dollar wise of-course  we slide, but there was a time when Jamaica was strong in that department. and even after these debt or poor however you call it. i can show allot of large mega projects  all over island even more than what T&T doing, because Jamaica is a tourism destination. buy 2012 Jamaica will have 4 large major international airport, and is in talking with china to become the Caribbean transhipment hub. you already have car transhipment companies moving from San Juan Puerto Rico to Kingston.  Jamaica poorness is base financial and we now have to put things in place for economic  growth for the future so closing the airline is a must. i think only Bahamas and Dominica republic attract more foreign investment than Jamaica. if Trinidad did not have oil they could have been in this same position financially, because both Jamaica and T&T suffer from high level of crime and corruption. and it is also funny how you try to emphasize that Jamaica is poor, but not outline that Jamaica is also one of the most important economy in the Caribbean. Jamaica is 50% of the english Caribbean therefore we import allot of goods  from small Caribbean island if we stop doing that allot of small island could suffer, just as when Guyana was crying about rice. and tell me a few well know international Trinidad companies if there is any?. am give you two Jamaican ones for now: sandals and golden crust. i think the quote above explain what i was tell you a while back. that Trinidad will not be taking over air Jamaica, it will be closing and Caribbean air line will fly on its routs. they say that the route are profitable, but who knows if it will still be profitable after they start flying.

Such a silly discussion. This diatribe is the equivalent of

"My daddy bigger and stronger than your daddy though"

Who cares? The point everybody is making is that Jamaicans feel this ridiculous need to compete and measure themselves as being above TnT. Your response is to write a long paragraph that is a perfect example of that insecure attitude.

Especially love the part where you give credit to JA for having Bauxite and minerals but then mention that "if TnT didn't have oil it could have been in the same position". Including those two sentiments in the same "argument" make any sense to you.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 05, 2010, 11:06:13 AM »

Who cares? The point everybody is making is that Jamaicans feel this ridiculous need to compete and measure themselves as being above TnT. Your response is to write a long paragraph that is a perfect example of that insecure attitude.

Especially love the part where you give credit to JA for having Bauxite and minerals but then mention that "if TnT didn't have oil it could have been in the same position". Including those two sentiments in the same "argument" make any sense to you.

this type of reply is base on the fact JUST COOL trying to Aline Jamaica with Haiti or close to.so my point is T&T would not be much better off financially if there was not oil. and i herd the same thing from all my Trinidad friends. i would say the most successful island on human development is Barbados. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:16:50 AM by jahkingdom »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #217 on: March 05, 2010, 12:02:32 PM »
we may be poor base on money or per Capita GDP, but how much English Caribbean have infrastructure as Jamaica?. most of the English Caribbean study in Jamaica we have  about 10 university and 30 to 40 colleges. Jamaica has what all the Caribbean have combine in mixture from tourism, commercial cities, industrial, sports, music. our poorness is very different from Haiti or Guyana or whatever. even after that Jamaica has the second largest economy after Trinidad and that because Trinidad have oil.when you combine all our industries from ethanol, bauxite....etc, but some of these industries got hit because world recession. dollar wise of-course  we slide, but there was a time when Jamaica was strong in that department. and even after these debt or poor however you call it. i can show allot of large mega projects  all over island even more than what T&T doing, because Jamaica is a tourism destination. buy 2012 Jamaica will have 4 large major international airport, and is in talking with china to become the Caribbean transhipment hub. you already have car transhipment companies moving from San Juan Puerto Rico to Kingston.  Jamaica poorness is base financial and we now have to put things in place for economic  growth for the future so closing the airline is a must. i think only Bahamas and Dominica republic attract more foreign investment than Jamaica. if Trinidad did not have oil they could have been in this same position financially, because both Jamaica and T&T suffer from high level of crime and corruption. and it is also funny how you try to emphasize that Jamaica is poor, but not outline that Jamaica is also one of the most important economy in the Caribbean. Jamaica is 50% of the english Caribbean therefore we import allot of goods  from small Caribbean island if we stop doing that allot of small island could suffer, just as when Guyana was crying about rice. and tell me a few well know international Trinidad companies if there is any?. am give you two Jamaican ones for now: sandals and golden crust. i think the quote above explain what i was tell you a while back. that Trinidad will not be taking over air Jamaica, it will be closing and Caribbean air line will fly on its routs. they say that the route are profitable, but who knows if it will still be profitable after they start flying.

this type of reply is base on the fact JUST COOL trying to Aline Jamaica with Haiti or close to.so my point is T&T would not be much better off financially if there was not oil. and i herd the same thing from all my Trinidad friends. i would say the most successful island on human development is Barbados. 

True ,and true but what is the point really?  It's like saying Saudi Arabia would poorer if they didn't have oil.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 05, 2010, 12:10:53 PM »
The talk of boycott will dies down soon after CAL takes over the routes. And they should remember. this is only for a time.. AIR Jam is not being sold.. They just giving it a rest for the hour.

CAL has a proven track record of efficiency since it started.

After a while, price, and reliability will win out. Talk of rather using AA will diminish..

It is not suprising tho the comments by our Jamaican "Brothers and sisters"

COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 05, 2010, 12:20:27 PM »
Aye, aye......what de hell I seeing here??!!..... :o :o :o

O'connorg....dais you??!!...boy yuh must PM people and tell dem yuh going to post....ah nearly dead from the shock  ;D ;D.....what's up??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 05, 2010, 12:42:30 PM »
Aye, aye......what de hell I seeing here??!!..... :o :o :o

O'connorg....dais you??!!...boy yuh must PM people and tell dem yuh going to post....ah nearly dead from the shock  ;D ;D.....what's up??

;D I dey girl.. Fighting de good fight.

Checking out de forum to see how things going with your guys..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 05, 2010, 06:39:28 PM »

Breds yuh talkin out of emotion and national pride, but truth be told, JA's economy iz trashed! that's why yuh govt have tuh sell of most state own enterprises.

right now yuh country looking tuh run tuh the IMF again for financial bail out. as for jamaica having better infrastructure than most english speaking caribbean countries, infrastructure does not exclude ah country from the poverty line bro.

venezeula has very good infrastructure on par with the US and canada, so iz brazil, columbia, uruguay, and Ecuador, but they are still high up on the poverty level!

barbados have small stubby colonial looking buildings in their tiny town, with the tallest being no more than 15 floors, their roads are small and industries limited, but they have the best economy in the caribbean, with their dollar fluctuating between two and 195 to one.

let me inform yuh of something yuh don't know about trinidad, we have ah shyte load of BIG industries, not some damn BAKERY AND PATTY HOUSE( GOLDEN CRUST ) OR AH BEACH RESORT(SANDALS). trinidad gave up on the tourist annie business tuh concentrate on industrialization.

we produce ethanol, natural gas, steal, ammonium, gas, petroleum, bauxite, and i believe we still refine your bauxite for you if i not mistaken!

we also have asphalt, assembly plants, refineries up the wazzo, jus to name ah few. why yuh think most caribbeans used tuh leave their country and come tuh trinidad looking for work and ah better life.

we have one of the biggest sea ports in the caribbean! ah really don't think yuh know who trinidad really iz my friend, there's absolutely no comparison wid JA.

like ah man mentioned earlier, this iz turning into ah, my daddy bigger and stronger than your daddy! and i  don't want tuh be in dat kinda petty discourse, BC @ the end of the day, i cyar enjoy none of the success that my country experiencing, that's BC the capitalist in trinidad iz the whites and syrians, and dem fdellas want every ting for themselves!

as yuh know most black ppl work for the state/ govt, very few of us are in the private sector, or own big companies, so trinidad sucess has nothing whatsoever tuh do wid me, and i not in no braggin rights thing with no poor black man who came on the same ship wid me tuh cut cane or plant cocoa tuh make massa rich, and guess what? massa kids still runnin the show and controlling all the big industries in the whole of the caribbean and beyond!

as for the oil argument, ah think right about now the govt is in the process of making TNT one of the big business hubs of the world, like hong kong and dubai, that's Bc they don't want tuh rely only on the petroleum industry.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 04:36:46 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 05, 2010, 08:44:43 PM »

Breds yuh talkin out of emotion and national pride, but truth be told, JA's economy iz trashed! that's why yuh govt have tuh sell of most state own enterprises.

right now yuh country looking tuh run tuh the IMF again for financial bail out. as for jamaica having better infrastructure than most english speaking caribbean countries, infrastructure does not exclude ah country from the poverty line bro.

venezeula has very good infrastructure on par with the US and canada, so iz brazil, columbia, uruguay, and Ecuador, but they are still high up on the poverty level!

barbados have small stubby colonial looking buildings in their tiny town, with the tallest being no more than 15 floors, their roads are small and industries limited, but they have the best economy in the caribbean, with their dollar fluctuating between two and 195 to one.

let me inform yuh of something yuh don't know about trinidad, we have ah shyte load of BIG industries, not some damn BAKERY AND PATTY HOUSE( GOLDEN CRUST ) OR AH BEACH RESORT(SANDALS). trinidad gave up on the tourist annie business tuh concentrate on industrialization.

we produce ethanol, natural gas, steal, ammonium, gas, petroleum, bauxite, and i believe we still refine your bauxite for you if i not mistaken!

we also have asphalt, assembly plants, refineries up the wazzo, jus to name ah few. why yuh think most caribbeans used tuh leave their country and come tuh trinidad looking for work and ah better life.

we have one of the biggest sea ports in the caribbean! ah really don't think yuh know who trinidad really iz my friend, there's absolutely no comparison wid JA.

like ah man mentioned earlier, this iz turning into ah, my daddy bigger and stronger than your daddy! and i  don't want tuh be in dat kinda petty discourse, BC @ the end of the day, i cyar enjoy none of the success that my country experiencing, that's BC the capitalist in trinidad iz the whites and syrians, and dem fdellas want every ting for themselves!

as yuh know most black ppl work for the state/ govt, very few of us are in the private sector, or own big companies, so trinidad sucess has nothing whatsoever tuh do wid me, and i not in no braggin rights think with no poor black man who came on the same ship wid me tuh cut cane or plant cocoa tuh make massa rich, and guess what? massa kids still runnin all the big industries in the whole caribbean and beyond!

as for the oil argument, ah think right about now the govt is in the process of making TNT one of the big business hubs of the world, like hong kong and dubai, that's Bc they don't want tuh rely only on the petroleum industry.

mr JUST COOL am going to leave it right at this. because if i go further it going to look like i am competing.  i will left this to the neutrals to judge does who travel to both Jamaica and Trinidad.i have been to port of Spain before, at this point wont even say anything.  i  have seen more Trini who want to be Jamaican than be Trini so they ten to give me allot of info. and on the poverty comment every Caribbean island have poverty. and the poverty in Jamaica has create a lot of legends. with out ghetto i don't think there would be reggae. suburbs, middle class, ghetto or poverty play different aspect in shaping Jamaica both good and bad. and when i was talking about barbados i was not talking dollar value or building size :rotfl: ::), sad mentality. human development is living standard, less crime, clean drinking water, less corruption....etc.   
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 08:46:35 PM by jahkingdom »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 05, 2010, 09:22:13 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K8RQDOiXsvY&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/K8RQDOiXsvY&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 05, 2010, 09:43:29 PM »
Sando,
              Nice one. That song brought great memories for me. That year was the first time back home for Carnival after 4 years in foreign. It was fete after fete after fete.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 05, 2010, 11:05:33 PM »
   [/quote]Breds, yuh back on the national pride BS again?? let meh just inform yuh ONE MORE TIME, i not in dat slave minded hooplah!! if yuh want tuh boast and compare trinidad with jamaica then i not in dat, i on the other hand want tuh talk economics and exchange ideas.

you willin tuh defend jamaica wid yuh heart and soul, i on the other hand only defend the truth! so we on different pages bro.

as for bringing barbados in the convo, i only used barbados as ah reference to show that infrastructure does not determine economic stability, not BC you mention them earlier, but BC yuh was talking about your country's intrastructure as to stake claim that infrastucture was a sign of economic progress and a lack of poverty.

as for the simple statement yuh made about trini's wanting tuh be jamaican. that is ah real small minded topic bro, who cares what some ppl wants tuh be! but since yuh want tuh go there , i also traveled tuh JA nuff nuff, hek i even stayed there for ah while and i've seen more jamaicans who wanted tuh be yankee than jamaican!

so what does that say? could it be that some ppl appreciate the musical expressions and want tuh experience another culture other than their own? i certainly think so!

i lived in trini half my life and there were very few trinis who wants tuh be jamaican! some on the other hand loved reggae and wanted tuh emulate their favorite reggae super stars, hek , that happens all over the world, not just in trini.

BTW, you must have been too the ghetto, and those ppl ain't too bright, hek, all those lil yutes want tuh do is gang bang and act tough, so i'm not suprised. but if you explored a bigger portion of the island yuh woulda gotten ah different take.

all in all breds, i doh have nutten against jamaica and jamaicans in the least. i just think that jamaicans does take ah very limited view of the rest of the english speakin caribbean, and can be very condescending. ah guess that was a trait carried over into your culture from the colonial masters.

did you know that england looked down on their western european neighbors the said way? ah guess the apple doesn't fall very far from the queen after all.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:26:50 PM by just cool »

AirMan

« Reply #226 on: March 06, 2010, 12:14:37 AM »
April 12's the day  http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20100304/lead/lead1.html

Interesting comments under this article

by countrybroad

I could not agree with you more. As a matter of fact I was enraged when I learned of this. What a shame. Trinidad has more than showed its distaste for Jamaica and anything Jamaican and to see this happen is bordering on HERESY!!! I remember when Jamaica asked for gas from Trinidad they promised they would supply it and changed there minds last minute. Now they want to train with our track and field athletes. What's next, sell Usain?! It is clear that they despise us. Why are we in bed with them?

OMG what a disgrace. I would not be surprised if this was the plan all along.

I remember when I returned home in 1996 - 1999 and Golding was head of he 3rd party that was referred to as the 5th columnist! It was over 10 years but now the people's word rings true.

I sent this article to EVERY JAMAICAN in the US, Canada, and England that I know. ALL of you should do the same. Some of us don't even know this is happening!

Why are we learning of this now? Does anyone out there know what can be done to stop this sale? We should find out and stop it.
[/size]

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 06, 2010, 12:33:47 AM »

Breds, yuh back on the national pride BS again?? let meh just inform yuh ONE MORE TIME, i not in dat slave minded hooplah!! if yuh want tuh boast and compare trinidad with jamaica then i not in dat, i on the other hand want tuh talk economics and exchange ideas.

you willin tuh defend jamaica wid yuh heart and soul, i on the other hand only defend the truth! so we on different pages bro.

as for bringing barbados in the convo, i only used barbados as ah reference to show that infrastructure does not determine economic stability, not BC you mention them earlier, but BC yuh was talking about your country's intrastructure as to stake claim that infrastucture was a sign of economic progress and a lack of poverty.

as for the simple statement yuh made about trini's wanting tuh be jamaican. that is ah real small minded topic bro, who cares what some ppl wants tuh be! but since yuh want tuh go there , i also traveled tuh JA nuff nuff, hek i even stayed there for ah while and i've seen more jamaicans who wanted tuh be yankee than jamaican!

so what does that say? could it be that some ppl appreciate the musical expressions and want tuh experience another culture other than their own? i certainly think so!

i lived in trini half my life and there were very few trinis who wants tuh be jamaican! some on the other hand loved reggae and wanted tuh emulate their favorite reggae super stars, hek , that happens all over the world, not just in trini.

BTW, you must have been too the ghetto, and those ppl ain't too bright, hek, all those lil yutes want tuh do is gang bang and act tough, so i'm not suprised. but if you explored a bigger portion of the island yuh woulda gotten ah different take.

all in all breds, i doh have nutten against jamaica and jamaicans in the least. i just think that jamaicans does take ah very limited view of the rest of the english speakin caribbean, and can be very condescending. ah guess that was a trait carried over into your culture from the colonial masters.

did you know that england looked down on their western european neighbors the said way? ah guess the apple doesn't fall very far from the queen after all.
[/quote]
you is one big joke :rotfl:. most of what you talking are crap. of course i only eat and sleep Jamaica :devil:. and for yor info i never grew up in ghetto or poverty, i lived in st Thomas. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Thomas_Parish,_Jamaica.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 12:39:34 AM by jahkingdom »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 06, 2010, 04:56:45 AM »

Breds, yuh back on the national pride BS again?? let meh just inform yuh ONE MORE TIME, i not in dat slave minded hooplah!! if yuh want tuh boast and compare trinidad with jamaica then i not in dat, i on the other hand want tuh talk economics and exchange ideas.

you is one big joke :rotfl:. most of what you talking are crap. of course i only eat and sleep Jamaica :devil:. and for yor info i never grew up in ghetto or poverty, i lived in st Thomas. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Thomas_Parish,_Jamaica.
[/quote]You need tuh do ah course in english comprehension!!!!!! BC there was no indication from me that you're from the ghetto, even though yuh spelling is like ah 6th grade drop out.

as for you eating and sleeping jamaica, that goes without saying, even the blind could see that!!! remember one thing though, jamaica is ah former slave colony. i doh know bout you , but if i braggin , i will go deeper than TNT!

as ah matter of fact i going all the way back tuh when africa was ah super power, not some island where they brought my fore parents tuh cut cane and take disrespect from massa!

allyuh in jamaica real sleepin yes! BC not even bob marley, peter tosh and marcus garvey coulda wake allyuh  ppl up!!!

BTW, my good friends from waterhouse and rockfort say allyuh country ppl iz not real jamiacans! as a matter of fact, they said only kingstonians have good sense, and all the rest of jamaica is ah disgrace and they're just makin up numbers. :rotfl:

boy allyuh jamaicans is ah serious enigma yes!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 04:58:43 AM by just cool »

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 06, 2010, 10:24:58 AM »

You need tuh do ah course in english comprehension!!!!!! BC there was no indication from me that you're from the ghetto, even though yuh spelling is like ah 6th grade drop out.

as for you eating and sleeping jamaica, that goes without saying, even the blind could see that!!! remember one thing though, jamaica is ah former slave colony. i doh know bout you , but if i braggin , i will go deeper than TNT!

as ah matter of fact i going all the way back tuh when africa was ah super power, not some island where they brought my fore parents tuh cut cane and take disrespect from massa!

allyuh in jamaica real sleepin yes! BC not even bob marley, peter tosh and marcus garvey coulda wake allyuh  ppl up!!!

BTW, my good friends from waterhouse and rockfort say allyuh country ppl iz not real jamiacans! as a matter of fact, they said only kingstonians have good sense, and all the rest of jamaica is ah disgrace and they're just makin up numbers. :rotfl:

[/quote]

:rotfl: at this piont you even sound even more a lier :rotfl: . no kingstonian cannot tell you that. when portmore has the highest education rate out of all the cities,http://portmore.info/index2.html
http://www.seejamaicacheaply.com/portmore_jamaica.html
http://cayjam.com/cayjam3.htm
http://www.visitjamaica.com/attractions/portmore.aspx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nksDze3s3Q
Portmore is on of Jamaica fastest developing cities so i don't think any one tell you that.

this may help you, because you say live in Jamaica then you said some one tell you something :-\
http://www.bonitajamaica.com/
Just cool am  not in the little crap about english because you seems to run out of stuff so you say any thing comes to mined. and African cultures are well known and well respected in Jamaica :rotfl: 

« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 10:32:16 AM by jahkingdom »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 06, 2010, 10:31:03 AM »
not really trying to get in nobody argument but I thought somebody was saying something like dey listen to this on npr this last week, but from they next posts I realize that they didn't, so i jus puttin it there.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124346527

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 06, 2010, 04:55:27 PM »

You need tuh do ah course in english comprehension!!!!!! BC there was no indication from me that you're from the ghetto, even though yuh spelling is like ah 6th grade drop out.

:rotfl: at this piont you even sound even more a lier :rotfl: . no kingstonian cannot tell you that. when portmore has the highest education rate out of all the cities,http://portmore.info/index2.html
http://www.seejamaicacheaply.com/portmore_jamaica.html
http://cayjam.com/cayjam3.htm
http://www.visitjamaica.com/attractions/portmore.aspx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nksDze3s3Q
Portmore is on of Jamaica fastest developing cities so i don't think any one tell you that.

this may help you, because you say live in Jamaica then you said some one tell you something :-\
http://www.bonitajamaica.com/
Just cool am  not in the little crap about english because you seems to run out of stuff so you say any thing comes to mined. and African cultures are well known and well respected in Jamaica :rotfl: 

[/quote]Fella, i doh need tuh come here and lie to you about ah forkin ting! you are very unimportant to me, so what do i have tuh gain by lying tuh prove ah point tuh you fuh.

you on the other hand is in serious denial about yuh former slave colony of ah country! as for me whether jamaica does good or bad matters not tuh me.

like i said before, i've been to JA and there's absolutely nuthin tuh lose yuh mind over, on the contrary it was bitter sweet.

the natural aspect of the place was wonderful, great beaches, beautiful mountain ranges, and some friendly simple old fashion ppl, and great food, but there were also negatives which i don't think is nessesary tuh mention, after all every where in the world have the bitter sweet experience.

it's mind boggling and ah crying shame when ah man could totally ignore his mother land and the ppl who made the same trip wid him and had the same struggle, for the slave experience.

breds yuh ppl was brought to JA tuh cut cane and tek licks, i don't think that's anything to be sooo proud of, and for all the time you've been posting, i eh hear yuh say shyte bigging up mother africa!  how in the fack yuh could be so happy tuh be jamaican, when africa have thousands of yrs of great great history?? as opposed to JA that have 400 yrs of share heart ache and oppression.

i will leave this here my friend, BC i realize i can't get past the 400 yrs of brain wash that you've suffered. malcolmX said, "it takes four hundred yrs tuh make ah NEGRO". and i believe it will take ah while before yuh could cut through all that willie lynch programming.               positive.

PS: ah will leave yuh wid this piece of knowledge. this is what we should aspire too.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obYLwh_hJw4&feature=PlayList&p=44FAC7AF78388E0D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=28
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 05:40:09 PM by just cool »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 06, 2010, 05:13:34 PM »
April 12's the day  http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20100304/lead/lead1.html

Interesting comments under this article

by countrybroad

I could not agree with you more. As a matter of fact I was enraged when I learned of this. What a shame. Trinidad has more than showed its distaste for Jamaica and anything Jamaican and to see this happen is bordering on HERESY!!! I remember when Jamaica asked for gas from Trinidad they promised they would supply it and changed there minds last minute. Now they want to train with our track and field athletes. What's next, sell Usain?! It is clear that they despise us. Why are we in bed with them?

OMG what a disgrace. I would not be surprised if this was the plan all along.

I remember when I returned home in 1996 - 1999 and Golding was head of he 3rd party that was referred to as the 5th columnist! It was over 10 years but now the people's word rings true.

I sent this article to EVERY JAMAICAN in the US, Canada, and England that I know. ALL of you should do the same. Some of us don't even know this is happening!

Why are we learning of this now? Does anyone out there know what can be done to stop this sale? We should find out and stop it.
[/size]

Sample of de ignorance. Dah pipeline...dem wanted trinidad and tobago to build it...PLUS give dem gas below the market price. Den dive out and went and check hugo.

Since dey so worried bout national pride and ting....leave dem with dey ting. Dahs all.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 02, 2010, 03:46:20 AM »
I thought CAL was taking over air jamdown today? but it looks like it will be on the 12th. in the mean time it looks like AJ may not even make it to the 12th. http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Air-J-in-crisis_7517674

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 02, 2010, 10:54:05 AM »
Landed in Jamaica last night with the Carifta Swimmers and saw two AJ planes parked with only the logo on the tail and the name on the fuselage. All livery paint is off the planes already for the rebranding.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 07, 2010, 11:22:49 AM »
Yet another reason to like CAL:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/04/06/business/main6368434.shtml

Carry-Ons to Cost $45 at Spirit Airlines
New Fee for Using Overhead Bin Aims to Move Passengers Off Planes Faster, CEO Says; Customers Can Pay $30 in Advance

(AP)  Spirit Airlines will charge as much as $45 each way for a carry-on bag, adding a fee that bigger airlines have yet to try.

The charge will apply to bags in the overhead bin. Personal items that fit under the seat will still be free. Spirit said it will add measuring devices at the gates to determine which carry-ons are free and which ones will incur the charge.

The new charge is $45 if paid at the gate, and $30 if paid in advance, and begins Aug. 1. Spirit said on Tuesday that it reduced its lowest fares by $40 on average, so most customers won't really pay more to fly.

Spirit also charges to check luggage.

Spirit CEO Ben Baldanza said having fewer carry-on bags will help empty the plane faster. He said the idea is to get customers to pay for individual things they want, while keeping the base fare low.

"The beauty of it is they will do what they think is best for them and will now have the choice," he said.

Spirit is based in Miramar, Fla., and most of its routes run through Fort Lauderdale to Latin America.

Even though it's a minor player, bigger airlines are likely to watch to see whether customers are willing to pay for carry-ons. None of the major carriers made any immediate changes to their fees on Tuesday morning.

Fees for checking bags on the big U.S. carriers got started in 2008. At first, many travelers thought they wouldn't last. But now all the big airlines except Southwest and JetBlue charge to check a bag on domestic flights.

JahKingdom, leh we know how many of your compatriots will pay the extra money vs flying CAL nah...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 07, 2010, 06:02:29 PM »
now all the big airlines except Southwest and JetBlue charge to check a bag on domestic flights.
:devil:

i never take spirit before.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 08, 2010, 10:06:47 AM »
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/air-jamaica-misses-deadline_7517302

f*ckers, hope U.S duck them with a pat of hot oil and run them out a Washington. they should have known this was coming, but they still try to force water up hill. they better pay the f*cking people their redundancy money.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20100408/lead/lead1.html

With advanced booking down to a trickle as travelers adopt a wait-and-see posture,

:rotfl: there is no wait and see posture. people are just canceling tickets left and right, because they just wont be take it again. the pilots are just laughing right now.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 02:48:44 PM by jahkingdom »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 08, 2010, 01:37:24 PM »
the pilots are just laughing right now.

Laughing at what?
The pilots assn say they have foreign investors with $60 million to take over.
They saying keep Air Jamaica Jamaican, but with foreign owners? How that working?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

truetrini

« Reply #239 on: April 08, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
the pilots are just laughing right now.

Laughing at what?
The pilots assn say they have foreign investors with $60 million to take over.
They saying keep Air Jamaica Jamaican, but with foreign owners? How that working?

If you look at the Jamaican football side you would understand how that is done!

If yuh could eat 2 spicy Jamaican beef patties and drink a red stripe without vomiting, you too could become Jakan!

1]; } ?>