May 08, 2024, 05:21:23 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T U-20 vs Mexico U-20 (11-Mar-09).  (Read 24738 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T U-20 vs Mexico U-20 (11-Mar-09).
« on: February 21, 2009, 10:28:52 AM »
Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya, Trinidad & Tobago, 19:00
CONCACAF Under-20 Championship
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 04:35:27 AM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T U-20 vs Mexico U-20 (11-Mar-09).
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 10:34:47 AM »
Young Boyz pip Mexico 1-0 in friendly

Howard Walker, Observer Staff Reporter walker@jamaicaobserver.com

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Jamaica continued their dominance over Mexico with a 1-0 win at the Ferdie Neita Park on Tuesday in a key morale-booster as they continue their preparation for the CONCACAF Under-20 World Cup qualifiers next month.

"I think this will do a lot of good for our confidence. We know that this team is the kingpin of CONCACAF and their programme is superior to us, but we know what we're about and tried to impose ourselves on the game. It's a big morale-booster for us," head coach Donovan Duckie confirmed.

The prolific Dever Orgill scored the decisive goal in the 44th minute after collecting a pass inside the box and gliding past a defender before firing home with his left foot.

It was a good comeback for the young Reggae Boyz after losing 0-1 against Costa Rica on Saturday in an uninspired display. It was the second time these players were getting the better of Mexico, the last time being at the Under-17 level in 2007.

"We expected this. It was a quality team that we were up against and we prepared ourselves well and we knew we had to defend stout heartedly. We put a lot into this game," said Duckie.

"We remembered when we beat them at Under-17 level with Orgill the scorer again. He wanted to do well... and congrats for him."

This was Jamaica's third match in six days after drawing 0-0 with Costa Rica last Thursday before losing 0-1 to the same team on Saturday.

"It was a wonderful performance. I thought we played tactically well. We knew in our minds that we could've won the Costa Rica series, but we wanted to see some players.

Today we wanted to win so we used our best players and built up the team chemistry," added Duckie.

In front of a fair-sized crowd, the young Boyz turned in an improved performance and matched Mexico in every department to earn a deserved victory. Duckie was pleased that the team achieved some of its objectives.

"There were few hitches here and there. I thought defensively, tactically we were very good. Our transition was a little bit off. We need to be quicker in the short spaces and that we can improve on," he noted.

Jamaica will leave for Fort Lauderdale on February 24 where they will play a Florida All School team the following day before engaging Canada's Under-20s on February 27.

They will then return home before leaving for the Final CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying round set for March 6-15 in Trinidad & Tobago (T&T).

Jamaica are drawn in Group A alongside the United States, El Salvador and the winners of the Honduras-St Vincent and the Grenadines play-off. Group B will be contested by hosts T&T, Mexico, Costa Rica and Canada.

The top two teams from both groups will advance to the FIFA World Cup in Egypt in September.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 12:11:15 PM »
flex all these games u gettin meh confused.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 01:52:52 PM »

:D :D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 06:04:02 PM »

Is 3 WC we tryin 2 qualify 4.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 09:05:12 PM »
Ok Mexico Next. C'mon Fellas soak in some warm water and Epsom Salts, drink some Mauby, and take care of business and make history.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 09:09:17 PM »
Players in red have card trouble for this matchup...ya go make de next game fellas
here is our squad
Team List - CONCACAF U-20 Qualifiers.
Goalkeepers
1.Glenroy Samuel (United Petrotrin), 21.Andre Marchan (W Connection)
Defenders
4.Sheldon Bateau (San Juan Jabloteh), 16.Marcus Joseph (United Petrotrin), 19.Daniel Cyrus (El Dorado SC), 5.Akeem Adams (W Connection), 12.Robert Primus (San Juan Jabloteh), 2.Aubrey David (W Connection), 18.Nicholas Walker (St Ann's Rangers), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force)
Midfielders
8.Sean De Silva (College of Charleston), 7.Kevin Molino (San Juan Jabloteh), 14.Jean Luc Rochford (Joe Public), 6.Leston Paul (capt) (St Mary's College), 15.Uriah Bentick (St Anthonys College)
Forwards
10.Daniel Joseph (San Juan Jabloteh), 9.Jamal Gay (Rot-Weiß Oberhausen), 11.Trent Lougheed (United Petrotrin), 13.Marin Manswell (W Connection), 20.Qian Grosvenor (St Anthonys College)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 09:19:36 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 09:16:26 PM »
Who have Card trouble, Primus?? as I want to list them as ineligible for this match up...thanks
here is our squad
Team List - CONCACAF U-20 Qualifiers.
Goalkeepers
1.Glenroy Samuel (United Petrotrin), 21.Andre Marchan (W Connection)
Defenders
4.Sheldon Bateau (San Juan Jabloteh), 16.Marcus Joseph (United Petrotrin), 19.Daniel Cyrus (El Dorado SC), 5.Akeem Adams (W Connection), 12.Robert Primus (San Juan Jabloteh), 2.Aubrey David (W Connection), 18.Nicholas Walker (St Ann's Rangers), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force)
Midfielders
8.Sean De Silva (College of Charleston), 7.Kevin Molino (San Juan Jabloteh), 14.Jean Luc Rochford (Joe Public), 6.Leston Paul (capt) (St Mary's College), 15.Uriah Bentick (St Anthonys College)
Forwards
10.Daniel Joseph (San Juan Jabloteh), 9.Jamal Gay (Rot-Weiß Oberhausen), 11.Trent Lougheed (United Petrotrin), 13.Marin Manswell (W Connection), 20.Qian Grosvenor (St Anthonys College)

Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force) out as well with a second yellow.... He and Bateau were our best defenders today

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 09:33:15 PM »
Young Boyz pip Mexico 1-0 in friendly

Howard Walker, Observer Staff Reporter walker@jamaicaobserver.com

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Jamaica continued their dominance over Mexico with a 1-0 win at the Ferdie Neita Park on Tuesday in a key morale-booster as they continue their preparation for the CONCACAF Under-20 World Cup qualifiers next month.

"I think this will do a lot of good for our confidence. We know that this team is the kingpin of CONCACAF and their programme is superior to us, but we know what we're about and tried to impose ourselves on the game. It's a big morale-booster for us," head coach Donovan Duckie confirmed.

The prolific Dever Orgill scored the decisive goal in the 44th minute after collecting a pass inside the box and gliding past a defender before firing home with his left foot.

It was a good comeback for the young Reggae Boyz after losing 0-1 against Costa Rica on Saturday in an uninspired display. It was the second time these players were getting the better of Mexico, the last time being at the Under-17 level in 2007.

"We expected this. It was a quality team that we were up against and we prepared ourselves well and we knew we had to defend stout heartedly. We put a lot into this game," said Duckie.

"We remembered when we beat them at Under-17 level with Orgill the scorer again. He wanted to do well... and congrats for him."

This was Jamaica's third match in six days after drawing 0-0 with Costa Rica last Thursday before losing 0-1 to the same team on Saturday.

"It was a wonderful performance. I thought we played tactically well. We knew in our minds that we could've won the Costa Rica series, but we wanted to see some players.

Today we wanted to win so we used our best players and built up the team chemistry," added Duckie.

In front of a fair-sized crowd, the young Boyz turned in an improved performance and matched Mexico in every department to earn a deserved victory. Duckie was pleased that the team achieved some of its objectives.

"There were few hitches here and there. I thought defensively, tactically we were very good. Our transition was a little bit off. We need to be quicker in the short spaces and that we can improve on," he noted.

Jamaica will leave for Fort Lauderdale on February 24 where they will play a Florida All School team the following day before engaging Canada's Under-20s on February 27.

They will then return home before leaving for the Final CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying round set for March 6-15 in Trinidad & Tobago (T&T).

Jamaica are drawn in Group A alongside the United States, El Salvador and the winners of the Honduras-St Vincent and the Grenadines play-off. Group B will be contested by hosts T&T, Mexico, Costa Rica and Canada.

The top two teams from both groups will advance to the FIFA World Cup in Egypt in September.

lol what this game has to do with de title of this thread??

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 09:33:44 PM »
I plan to be at this game..

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 05:08:06 PM »
Mexico out so they dead in the water 3-0 T&T
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 05:10:09 PM »
people go and support costa rica tomorrow against canada
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 05:39:45 PM »
stay tuned plenty highlights coming up
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 05:43:40 PM »
ya kno de game ent even play as yet eh :devil:

JK
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 05:45:23 PM »
ya kno de game ent even play as yet eh :devil:

JK

from yesterday lol  ::)
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 06:11:26 PM »
T&T U-20 vs Costa Rica U-20 (09-Mar-09)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kl-HiIx3lOU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kl-HiIx3lOU</a>

sound out of sync later down
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 06:26:58 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 06:24:47 PM »
I'm rated doubtful for this game as Utd play at 3 45pm...if the result is determined in normal time if I leave Santa Cruz at 5 40pm i should be there for 7pm....extra time...well then i home

we'll see

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 06:47:28 PM »
I'm rated doubtful for this game as Utd play at 3 45pm...if the result is determined in normal time if I leave Santa Cruz at 5 40pm i should be there for 7pm....extra time...well then i home

we'll see

the national under 20 team big game  is more important than manu ....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 06:50:41 PM »

we'll see

not for me...If it was the senior team yes...but since we are in a good position not to mention CR can do us a favour at 5pm...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 06:54:17 PM »

we'll see

not for me...If it was the senior team yes...but since we are in a good position not to mention CR can do us a favour at 5pm...

show up and support hell you can tape the manu game

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 07:13:06 PM »

Yuh sayin dat like u not sure
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 07:58:21 PM »

we'll see

I agree!! SM need to get his priorities right, this is our future senior team getting ready to qualify for their 1st World Cup at U-20 level!!

Their next World Cup will hopefully be as the senior team in 2014!  ;)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 07:45:53 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 08:47:06 PM »
2014 we coming

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 09:03:23 PM »
Post Game Conference - T&T vs Costa Rica, CONCACAF U20 World Qualifier

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XVKnkAsr2Tc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XVKnkAsr2Tc</a>
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 09:06:08 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
Youtube Channel

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 03:39:18 AM »

we'll see

I agree!! SM need to get his priorities right, this is our future senior team getting ready to qualify for their 1st World Cup at U-20 level!!

There next World Cup will hopefully be as the senior team in 2014!  ;)

Leave him alone he went n see two games already. and better he stay home and watch manu loss..... it better for him to be crying curled up in his bedroom alone than hear de news during the game and embarass eh self..lol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 05:05:26 AM »

Yuh sayin dat like u not sure

hey not everybody like you

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2009, 06:25:59 AM »
Not wanting to rain on the parade but am I the only person on this forum who seems a bit concerned about our "forgone conclusion attitude" towards qualifying for Egypt tonight?

Please do not misunderstand me because like most, I am happy with our performance so far, I am pleased to see all the youths hard work paying off but I have also been around this sport long enough to know that you never start patting yourself on the back until after the final whistle blow.

Canada will not go easy against Costa Rica and Mexico can never be considered a non-entity.....Please do not add to the euphoria and forget about our near misses in the past (Strike Squad - November 19th)...it is never a forgone conclusion in any sport especially in our beloved football. That being said, I do hope for victory and qualification for the young warriors this evening.

Just a thought....

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2009, 07:16:38 AM »
Not wanting to rain on the parade but am I the only person on this forum who seems a bit concerned about our "forgone conclusion attitude" towards qualifying for Egypt tonight?

Please do not misunderstand me because like most, I am happy with our performance so far, I am pleased to see all the youths hard work paying off but I have also been around this sport long enough to know that you never start patting yourself on the back until after the final whistle blow.

Canada will not go easy against Costa Rica and Mexico can never be considered a non-entity.....Please do not add to the euphoria and forget about our near misses in the past (Strike Squad - November 19th)...it is never a forgone conclusion in any sport especially in our beloved football. That being said, I do hope for victory and qualification for the young warriors this evening.

Just a thought....

:applause: :applause: :applause:

People seem to forget.  A Canadian win and bigger Mexican win will see Can and CR qualify.
I don't think it will happen but.....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2009, 07:21:16 AM »

Just a thought....

People seem to forget.  A Canadian win and bigger Mexican win will see Can and CR qualify.

true because a costa rican poster stated they will not leave anything to chance ... they are going to ensure their qualification

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2009, 08:26:42 AM »

Just a thought....

true because a costa rican poster stated they will not leave anything to chance ... they are going to ensure their qualification

CR ain't taking it lightly; but yuh cyah count out the Canadian youths, they are always good at the youth level; the seniors is a next story...
we need to just take care of business and hopefully once we kickoff we already in...
go soca warriors!
whey boy!

1]; } ?>