May 03, 2024, 07:46:54 AM

Author Topic: Another Defeat but T&T U20S Keep on Pressing  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Another Defeat but T&T U20S Keep on Pressing
« on: September 18, 2009, 02:42:41 PM »
Another Defeat but T&T U20S Keep on Pressing
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 20 footballers  could not end their losing run in Cyprus but again left the pitch with another credible performance despite going down 2-0 to the United States in Friday’s training fixture in Aiya Napa.

In what was their final warm up encounter against international opposition before heading to Egypt on Sunday, the Zoran-Vranes coached team conceded goals on either side of half time and was again guilty of missing decent chances on goal which could have led to a different scoreline.

“We lost game but again I am not disappointed with the performance. The good thing is that we realize that we can compete and do even better against teams like them just like we did against Australia. As a matter of fact I can say we had ball in front of their goal much more than we had in front of ours. But of course we still have to make use of our chances and continue to develop on our game for Egypt,” Vranes told TTFF Media after the loss.

“Maybe we were a bit tired for this game having trained all week and played yesterday but again we are preparing for the big occasion next week.”

English-born midfielder Jake Thomson, now with two appearances for T&T under his belt, said he was beginning to feel at home in a T&T shirt and expects to settle in even further by the time the first game comes around on September 24 against Egypt.

“They were disappointing results but at the end of the day it’s training matches and the results don’t matter at the end of the day as long as we get a good work out,” said the Southampton midfielder.

“I thought the guys were fantastic today. We conceded but we kept going and then we conceded a second time and we still kept going. It’s pleasing for me especially for me coming in and never playing with the boys before, it was refreshing to see because a lot of teams would have given up and died. That only shows that we will do well in this World Cup because if we go 1-0 down and we know that we are good enough to keep going then we’ll be fine. Once we get a couple of goals we’ll be on fire,” Thomson added.

Brek  Shea put USA ahead in the 13th minute after the Americans were forced to defend some early surges forward by T&T with efforts by Marcus Joseph and Marcus Manswell causing some anxious moments.

Shea’s goal came against the run of play as he capitalized on poor marking to break free on the left, collecting a pass from Tony Taylor before slotting past goalkeeper Jesse Fullerton.
T&T, with an almost totally different start team from the one which lost 2-1 to Australia a day earlier, with only Khaleem Hyland keeping his place, pressed from early on.  After  just a minute’s action, Manswell had his right footer from an outside right position flash past the near post and a minute later Joseph fired over bar from atop the box following a left side delivery by Sheldon Bateau.

Juma Clarence, T&T’s lone score against the “Aussies” got the start ahead of Jamal Gay and also had a try in the 9th minute but he failed to get enough power on his low shot to trouble US goalkeeper Brian Perk.

The Americans, coached by Thomas Rongen, were organized and looked threatening on corners and everytime there was a free kick around the penalty box.

Vranes introduced Jake Thomson, Robert Primus, Daneil Cyrus, Uriah Bentick, Glenroy Samuel, Jean Luc Rochford and Gay after the break and T&T’s approach was a bit more organized.

The Americans, though solid at the back, were forced on numerous occasions to hold off a T&T attack desperate for a goal or two. Sean De Silva had two good opportunities to level the scores but could not get the right finishing touch. First in the 66th minute, Thomson found De Silva in an open position on the left of the box but he shot straight to the ‘keeper and six minutes later Gay forced his way past his man before crossing from the right but De Silva could only fire over bar from just inside the box.

T&T continued to pile on the pressure and Gay was unlucky when his close range header bounced off a US defender close to the goal.

Six minutes from the end Molino’s snapped shot was kept out by an alert Perk.
The Americans never lost their composure though and surged forward in numbers on the odd occasion.  They got their second item in the 86th minute when Powell’s right side corner was clinically headed home by Bryan Arguez.

The T&T team will return to the practice pitch on Sunday morning and then they depart for Cairo later that day.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Another Defeat but T&T U20S Keep on Pressing
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 02:46:48 PM »
fuentes bring a blight lol?

thanks shuan for the report

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 04:39:24 PM »
Niceness
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 05:27:19 PM »
At some point we need to do away with the wholesale subs and start letting the first choice men play for 90 minutes

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 06:26:18 PM »
In what was their final warm up encounter against international opposition before heading to Egypt on Sunday, the Zoran-Vranes coached team conceded goals on either side of half time and was again guilty of missing decent chances on goal which could have led to a different scoreline.

This has been the one constant in almost every report after a game.....uuummmm....goals win matches or the team/we just happy to be in Egypt??.... :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 06:29:10 PM »
Varnes is ah ass oh wha, so de boys tired because they training all week, so I guess USA and Australia was on vacation then. We lost and thats it, we lost, no excuses.

Since Anton join this team is more blight, de team playing like de report we getting.

I fed up with we play good and we still loosing every blasted game.

Ah wonder if Maund play for de USA, boy, I pray to see de day T&T buss they ass with Maund on de side especially in a game that counts. Hope he eh get one run out for USA in Egypt and beg to come back to T&T.

Even a well prepared team and possible our 2014 senior team and USA still have we number. A preview of de HEX in 2014. Time to step up T&T.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 08:03:52 PM »
Varnes is ah ass oh wha, so de boys tired because they training all week, so I guess USA and Australia was on vacation then. We lost and thats it, we lost, no excuses.

Since Anton join this team is more blight, de team playing like de report we getting.

Ah wonder if Maund play for de USA, boy, I pray to see de day T&T buss they ass with Maund on de side especially in a game that counts. Hope he eh get one run out for USA in Egypt and beg to come back to T&T.

Even a well prepared team and possible our 2014 senior team and USA still have we number. A preview of de HEX in 2014. Time to step up T&T.

You know that Anton comment might have something to do with it.  The wrong kinda leadership could really jumbie a team.  He always seem like a coach that like to put down players over mistakes and kill confidence.  Sam ah hope you wrong on this. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 08:06:50 PM »

You know that Anton comment might have something to do with it.  The wrong kinda leadership could really jumbie a team.  He always seem like a coach that like to put down players over mistakes and kill confidence.  Sam ah hope you wrong on this. 
seriously.....who could give an answer
what is it with Anton and AJW ???
is Jack THAT blinded ???
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 05:34:38 AM »
seriously.....who could give an answer
what is it with Anton and AJW ???
is Jack THAT blinded ???

No the question should be, what do the Corneals have on Jack??....If we could figure that out, then we might be able to solve ALL our footballing problems.... :thinking:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 09:44:23 AM »
After we review the lost against the US U20s, we may not feel so bad. Just a year or two ago, the American U20s defeated Brazil and then gave Spain lots of trouble in the finals.

Our goal right now is getting past Egypt, if we can do that may be we can build up momentum to make it to the next round and face a Brazil or US U20 team.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 09:58:28 AM »
anton corneal should not be near any football team, especially a youth team... >:(

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 10:25:28 AM »
After we review the lost against the US U20s, we may not feel so bad. Just a year or two ago, the American U20s defeated Brazil and then gave Spain lots of trouble in the finals.

Our goal right now is getting past Egypt, if we can do that may be we can build up momentum to make it to the next round and face a Brazil or US U20 team.

Just 4 months ago, we lost to them on penalties after a 0-0 tie.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>