May 09, 2024, 11:50:11 AM

Author Topic: National Championships... any predictions?  (Read 5095 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
National Championships... any predictions?
« on: June 15, 2011, 10:10:58 PM »
Any predictions for the National champs? Many events are a given i.e JG in the 400mh, RW in the Long Jump. But this year many of the events are more open and competitive. For example:

Womens 100m
-Seeing that KAB is coming off injury things could get a little difficult
-SH could definitely challenge and possibly pull off an upset. I think she will get a pb on the new track
-Dont know if MLA or KS will be running, my best guess is that they will be. They can also make it competitive

Mens 100m
-Looks like KB might take this one, really looking good and can definitely book a spot in the World Champs final
-RT is not going down without a fight, really becoming hungry with the current criticisms
-Last I heard, this is the best DB has felt since 2002, he is also putting in the extra hours
-MB is not having a good season, but he will be showing up for the nationals
-RS and EC are the only ones that have not run a sub 10, however considering the current performances of our
  "big 4" (with the exception of KB) RS and EC will definitely feel more confident to take one of their spots

Mens 400m
- RQ will probably take this
- LG is running well and can pull off the upset
- ZH also can pull the upset given his recent performance
- Anyone know if JG is going to run in the 400m flat?

Womens 400mh
- Dont know if JL will pull it off recent performances have been sub par
- JB running ok now. Still need some more competitive races. But can definitely take this one from JL
- SM is also running well, might not pull off the upset but can grab 2nd place if JL and JB slip up.
* surprised that we cant get another two 400m runners to put together a womens 4x400.

Dont know much about the competition in the other events. But as is stands, these will be the most competitive events at the nationals.

Given the good competition, this will likely be the most competitive nationals T&T has ever experienced.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:15:35 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: National Championships... any predictions?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 12:52:25 AM »
Men's 100m
1.) Bledman
2.) Thompson
3.) Brown

Burns has not shown me one single positive sign this season, so I cannot realistically put him on the team

Men's 200m
1.)Sorrillo
2.) Callendar
3.) ????

men's 400m and the rest....see "gawd on Pitch"
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 02:59:43 AM »
Men's 200m
3rd- Lalonde Gordon/ Morain(if they are running)

I wish Callender didn't move from racers...

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 11:42:03 AM »

Men's 100m
1.) Bledman
2.) Thompson
3.) Sorrillo (brown and burns in for a shocker)

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 01:11:18 PM »

Men's 100m
1.) Bledman
2.) Thompson
3.) Sorrillo (brown and burns in for a shocker)

Well Sorrillo has recorded a faaster time(10.18) than both Burns and Browns, but who knows.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 01:55:16 PM »
The scary part about bledman's last race is that he came off the blocks last , Due to all the false  start he held back

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 03:21:02 PM »
Men's 100m
1.) Bledman
2.) Thompson
3.) Brown

Burns has not shown me one single positive sign this season, so I cannot realistically put him on the team

Men's 200m
1.)Sorrillo
2.) Callendar
3.) ????

men's 400m and the rest....see "gawd on Pitch"

I dont know. Thats why I ask.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 03:26:10 PM »
The scary part about bledman's last race is that he came off the blocks last , Due to all the false  start he held back

I agree. He was last till about the 20-30m mark. With that kick he should try a 200m.

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 07:34:14 PM »
Bledman was lucky not to have disqualified...he flinched first and caused another to get the axe..lol

Brown will pull up with an ankle injury...hahahahahaha

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 03:50:51 AM »
Bledman was lucky not to have disqualified...he flinched first and caused another to get the axe..lol

Exactly!!

That false start should have been on him..............lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 08:32:58 AM »
Based on form, I would say Bledman, Thompson and Brown.  Don't underestimate Burns.  He could get the 3rd spot or even surprise Bledman or Thompson.  The 100m is a special race so predictions are the most useless thing in this race especially with the new false start rule.  Seems like people have written off RT but he has more experience than Bledman.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 12:34:46 PM »
Based on form, I would say Bledman, Thompson and Brown.  Don't underestimate Burns.  He could get the 3rd spot or even surprise Bledman or Thompson.  The 100m is a special race so predictions are the most useless thing in this race especially with the new false start rule.  Seems like people have written off RT but he has more experience than Bledman.

Nice analysis. I think KB RT and DB will be the ones representing T&T in the 100m at World Champs.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 05:06:44 PM »
I going against form

1) RT
2) KB
3) MB
4) DB

I have a funny feeling one of de above 4 will false start.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 06:32:28 PM »
TT trials postponed until further notice

In a press release on Friday, June 17, the National Administration of Athletic Associations of Trinidad & Tobago advised  "that the Sagicor Open Championships 2011 due to take place on the 25th and 26th June 2011 is postponed until further notice because of the inclement weather that has affected the completion of the Hasely Crawford Stadium."

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 09:24:15 PM »

In a press release on Friday, June 17, the National Administration of Athletic Associations of Trinidad & Tobago advised  "that the Sagicor Open Championships 2011 due to take place on the 25th and 26th June 2011 is postponed until further notice because of the inclement weather that has affected the completion of the Hasely Crawford Stadium."

WOW..WOW..WOW :o

This is truly poor form from this administrative body. Work should have begun on this project sufficiently early enough to accomodate any possible delays( weather, shipment of materials etc). There was obviously no proper planning for this.
Secondly and maybe more importantly, all these athletes who would have had their workouts planned weeks or months in advance to include this meet as a point in their season, where they would have planned a mini-peak, now have to go back  and completely revamp there plans. Track is not like a team sport where a cancelled game will not greatly affect the flow of things, they cannot be doing this to people. Poor just POOR!!!!!!!!! >:(
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:44:54 PM by Aviator »

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 09:50:30 PM »

This is truly poor form from this administrative body. Work should have begun on this project sufficiently early enough to accomodate any possible delays( weather, shipment of materials etc). There was obviously no proper planning for this.
Secondly and maybe more importantly, all these athlete who would have had their workouts planned weeks or months in advance to include this meet as a point in their season, where they would have planned a mini-peak, now have to go back  and completely revamp there plans. Track is not like a team sport where a cancelled game will not greatly affect, they cannot be doing this to people. Poor just POOR!!!!!!!!! >:(

I do not understand the postponement, there's the Dwight Yorke, Ato Boldon, Manny Ramjohn, and Larry Gomes stadia. A team has to be selected and as you said athletes' training schedules and WC preparations have to be taken into account. Can't understand why they can't simply move the meet. Shoot, just as they invite foreign athletes to T&T nationals, they could even consider sending the most likely candidates to compete in Jamaica's trials, if they would allow it.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 10:27:09 PM »
Aye, Allyuh joking. April fools gone!!!!!

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 10:43:30 PM »

Secondly and maybe more importantly, all these athlete who would have had their workouts planned weeks or months in advance to include this meet as a point in their season, where they would have planned a mini-peak, now have to go back  and completely revamp there plans. Track is not like a team sport where a cancelled game will not greatly affect, they cannot be doing this to people. Poor just POOR!!!!!!!!! >:(

I do not understand the postponement, there's the Dwight Yorke, Ato Boldon, Manny Ramjohn, and Larry Gomes stadia. A team has to be selected and as you said athletes' training schedules and WC preparations have to be taken into account. Can't understand why they can't simply move the meet. Shoot, just as they invite foreign athletes to T&T nationals, they could even consider sending the most likely candidates to compete in Jamaica's trials, if they would allow it.

I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty certain that Hasely Crawford is the only IAAF approved facility in Trinidad.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2011, 06:51:01 AM »

I think that is true. Upgrading the HCS will allow for possible world challenge IAAF meets.

I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty certain that Hasely Crawford is the only IAAF approved facility in Trinidad.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2011, 06:51:37 AM »

Dwight York also, according to what i heard some time back . after they fixed the track
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 07:23:49 AM »

Dwight York also, according to what i heard some time back . after they fixed the track

This is a major blow to our athletes preparation for the World Champs. The deadline should have been earlier. From what I heard, the track was supposed to be completed 3 days ago. Now they are saying two more weeks. With that being said, the association should have set an earlier deadline of at least 3 weeks in advance as opposed to 10 days. This would have given the athletes time for other possible meets.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2011, 09:52:38 AM »

This is a major blow to our athletes preparation for the World Champs. The deadline should have been earlier. From what I heard, the track was supposed to be completed 3 days ago. Now they are saying two more weeks. With that being said, the association should have set an earlier deadline of at least 3 weeks in advance as opposed to 10 days. This would have given the athletes time for other possible meets.

If for whatever reason the HC stadium is the only venue where the meet can be held, the only good things that would come out of this (if only a 2 week delay) are:
1. It gives the collegiate athletes time to rest from their hectic season so that they would be competitive
2. All athletes, whether collegiate or pro (KB) have more time to recover from recent injuries so as to compete well.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2011, 06:18:59 PM »
The sport company issued a statement recently that the track (a MONDO brand) is not ready for the schedule championships. What a big shame, much finger pointing goin on now.. Wey Anil ???
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2011, 07:18:20 PM »
The sport company issued a statement recently that the track (a MONDO brand) is not ready for the schedule championships. What a big shame, much finger pointing goin on now.. Wey Anil ???

Anil ?? you mean de fella who used to critisize gary hunt ? If was Hunt was minister and Anil was still on de powerdrive you woudda hear him ...WhaTTTT!!!! Now not even ah squeak. Plenty folks does know what to do ...until they get a chance to do it !

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2011, 11:04:24 AM »
Like Hunt still running things!!!!!!

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TT champs now set for August 13th and 14th
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 09:04:48 PM »
http://trackalerts.com/news/lead-stories/4829-tt-champs-now-set-of-august-13-a-14.html

TT champs now set for August 13 & 14
Tuesday, 21 June 2011 07:36 BY CLAYTON CLARKE, trackalerts.com
E-mail Print PDF

NAAA president Ephraime Serrette (centre) with Secretary /Games Chairman Allan Baboolal (left) and Public Relations Officer Trevor James...Clayton Clarke/trackalerts.com photoNAAA president Ephraime Serrette (centre) with Secretary /Games Chairman Allan Baboolal (left) and Public Relations Officer Trevor James...Clayton Clarke/trackalerts.com photoMUCURAPO, Trinidad & Tobago - The Trinidad & Tobago’s Sagicor Open Track and Field Championships have been rescheduled to August 13 and 14. The venue: The Hasely Crawford Stadium.
National Association of Athletic Administration (NAAA) president Ephraime Serrette, in making the announcement of the new date on Tuesday, said the rescheduled time was chosen to allow TT’s professional athletes to participate.

“These dates are the only opportunity on the International track and field calendar to accommodate our athletes with professional obligations and would allow for completion of the laying of the new track surface, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium,” President Serrette said.

Serrette added that his association regrets the inconvenience caused to local and foreign athletes who had plans to compete elsewhere. “Both nationals of Trinidad and Tobago, as well as those invited from other countries can participate in an IAAF sanctioned relay qualifier meet.”

The former athlete also apologised to the sponsors and fans and said all effort will be made to ensure a National Championship is held in 2011.

Serrette said the NAAA executive will be seeking to meet with Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Anil Roberts to discuss the repercussions of not staging the Championships on the designated dates.  One of the issues to be raised is compensating those athletes who have already booked for this weekend when they return on August 13 and 14.  Serrette said the Association was ‘unofficially banned’ from visiting the stadium.

“On previous occasions we were not allowed. We had to take sneek peeks. The executive was told that the site is a construction area and the compound used is ‘highly flammable’, but we don’t want to get into that now.”

When contacted on the ‘ban’, Sport Company of Trinidad and Tobago (SPORTT) Communications Specialist Adrian Raymond said, because the stadium was deemed a construction site, persons wishing to view the track had to indicate in advance.  Raymond explained that NAAA officials turned up on Friday without prior warning wanting to see the facility and could not be accommodated.
Raymond also responded to claims made by the local track and field body that none of its members were part of the decision making process as to the choice of track or contractor, saying, "The stadium is under the preview of the Sports Company as outlined by the Cabinet."
Raymond also added that as a sporting body, the NAAA is not part of the process.

Meanwhile, Games Chairman Allan Baboolal said the association is giving the Sport Company until July 20 to complete the track, “By then we would have a clear indication whether the track will be ready for August 13 and 14.
When asked why the resurfacing of the track only began in April, Boboolal responded that the decision was made by the Sports Company.
“That was the call of the Sports Company. We indicated to them early last year that the track was not in a suitable condition for the meet, they had adequate notice to begin the work sooner. “The Sports Company and the Government in their wisdom should have started in the appropriate time. Given the surface being put down is not conducive to the type of weather we have.”

Baboolal also added that said the new date will allow local athletes who are due compete in the Diamond League meet on August 8 in London enough time to return home. Baboolal explained the August dates are close to IAAF deadline (August 15) for the World Championships in Deagu, South Korea later in the month.

“The final entries must be in on August 15 so on the second day of the championships and the selection committee will have to meet during the day and decide on the team.”

On the meeting moving to Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet, Tobago, Baboolal said Serrette was in the sister isle on the weekend and determined that the track was not up to mark.

“Tobago is out of the question. Serrette had a thorough analysis of the track and determined that it is absolutely no good.”

On the financial losses incured so far, Baboolal said close to two hundred thousand dollars (TT$200,000) have already been spent. “TT $158,000 have already gone in advertising.  Some of the promos ran up to this morning (Tuesday). We paid for ads to the July 24. In addition we have printed tickets."

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 06:07:09 AM »
things like this the sport Minister should be commenting ion ...letting the public know what he is doing in the situation ... what caused it ...why it wont be repeated etc. .. isn't that what other ministers are doing ? ..or is it ??

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 09:18:27 AM »
things like this the sport Minister should be commenting ion ...letting the public know what he is doing in the situation ... what caused it ...why it wont be repeated etc. .. isn't that what other ministers are doing ? ..or is it ??

Nah he 2 busy calling Lasana name on tv this morning.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 04:47:43 PM »
Like Hunt still running things!!!!!!

;D

1]; } ?>