May 15, 2024, 02:28:25 PM

Author Topic: TNT: Reclaiming all Warriors for 2010 W.C. developmental camps  (Read 2201 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
 I would like to humbly propose to the TTFF a concept that may be slightly 'forward thinking' realizing fully well that for the TTFF this may be a stretch. What would it look like if the TTFF were to establish routine, camps  in the following locations:

U.K. .for all available European based players and those of TNT heritage.

( list possible players to  include:   

North America: for all available North American based players and those of TNT heritage

list possible players to include:

TnT: for all locally based players.

list possible players to include:

Instead of  bringing players to Trinidad, the coaches established travel to these camps and work with all players who qualify to represent TNT and who may be interested in tryouts.  These player identification camps will allow for more exposure and access for potential players. Players will not have to travel to TNT for tryouts. Possible savings on player cost.

From these camps, three separate teams could be established and they could compete against local teams in their respective locale. The best players from these teams would then be selected for the main national team.

I believe is time for TTFF to get a little more creative and to go out to these players rather than to rely on players who ply their trade abroad to come with open arms to represent TTFF. I would also think that this would go along way to bring about a new image for the TTFF.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 02:25:59 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TNT: Warriors developmental camps for 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 10:56:35 AM »

Looking for solutions and positive thinking  rather than the same old 'character defamation'; decrying present policies and lack of action. We have devoted so many threads to eradication of the present organization, and to the state of affairs  with our present team and  little credence seems to be devoted to affirmative action that should be considered for the betterment of all.

Maybe the present  organization would take heed to positive suggestions. It would appear that it is easier to ignore stones when they come your way than it is to accept the answers to your woes. Nevertheless, I think if it appears  like an impossible task to change the 'old guard' then let's provide the old guard with some refreshing ideas from which to operate.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TNT: Reclaiming all Warriors for 2010 W.C. developmental camps
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 02:29:26 PM »
look how people go wait till 2009 to start thinking about this.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 04:28:44 PM »
look how people go wait till 2009 to start thinking about this.

I see you're hoping for a reply so here goes!!! This is all I have to offer on the topic.

This idea has been proposed informally and formally to the TTFF.
Access to top facilities in the US; supporting foreign-based who are involved in the game at various levels would help coordinate and link the coaching staff to potential players (both male and female); assist with sponsorship and funding /discounted accomodations, meals and ground transportation; use of top of the line training equptment etc. It had been proposed directly to personnel closely affiliated to both the men and women national teams and the TTFF.

TTFF will do things their way as usual. New ideas from any other source remains exactly what it is " a good idea"[/u]
I appreciate your effort though.

MAY GOD BLESS OUR NATION!!!
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 04:39:54 PM »
With all due respect ABT, i am opposed to that idea. i think it's better to show case our local talent rather than depend on foriegn born T&T players. i am not saying that we shouldn't have any foriegn raised trini's, but i thing the team should be overwelmingly local raised talents. not like jamaica who blank their locals for foriegn born yardies. JMHO.          positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 05:05:24 PM »
Personally, I think its a great idea. So what if they are born abroad? If they have Trini blood and they're good enough, why not? I understand it would be better to play home grown players, but they would rather compete for a place in the World Cup finals than play in a team that doesn't qualify.

New players aside, it would give coaches the opportunity to work with the players more often and check their progress. Surely its better for oneman to travel than 16.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 05:36:36 PM »
It would be easier to organize to get Wim and co to set up these camps but remember is d TTFF we dealing with
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 09:29:55 PM »
I would be interested to see a list of potential players from each area. Do you think it is feasible to have three parallel teams training at different times throughout the year in three major locales and them selecting  one team from these camps?

What would that look like if the European based team had games against opposition in that region, The North American based squad played against teams in that region and the local squad dominated the Caribbean region?

Come 2010 this would provide a strong nucleus from which to select for WC playoffs. I think this would also provide depth and create opportunities for more players like a Daryl Roberts to showcase their talents.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 11:28:38 AM »
Any plans in the work? leh meh see two years to go and counting.......

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 08:21:20 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :...Ah really have tuh laugh oui !!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

1]; } ?>