May 03, 2024, 07:48:15 PM

Author Topic: no jamaica  (Read 2313 times)

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
no jamaica
« on: February 15, 2007, 10:47:46 PM »
i am disapointed that jamaica isnt in this year gold cup.it would of been nice to see the top teams in the carribean play.jamaica normaly give a good showin at the gold cup and see players like fuller and gardener on show  :(
Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Panama will join Caribbean representatives Cuba, Guadeloupe, Haiti and Trinidad & Tobago and the previous Gold Cup champions (Canada, Mexico, USA) in the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup™ that takes place from 6-24 June in six venues across the USA. :challenge: :challenge:

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 10:59:55 PM by banton »
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: no jamaica
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 07:19:34 AM »
i am disapointed that jamaica isnt in this year gold cup.it would of been nice to see the top teams in the carribean play.

:devil:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 07:28:02 AM »
Good Morning Guys,

Don't cry for Jamaica, they were beaten fair and square. They  may have undersetimated Vincy Land. Like I said in previous posts the GC should have 16 teams. There is a large disparity in the teams in our zone. The big guns go to the WC every 4 years. The weak teams just look on . The GC tournament is the only opportunity for the weak to meet the strong. In Europe the tiny countries and principalities get to play the big countries, even though they may get slaughtered. But they put on a fighting chance and have the Italies, Spains, Germanys working for every goal.  If they big teams draw or win by 1 it is a symbolic victory for the small teams(like TT in the WC). Once in a blue moon there is an upset, but they are few and far between. But that is not the point. Just give everyone a chance to play. To be honest, the big teams don.t like well organized and pesky teams. They know that on given day they can get they coocoo cooked. At times TT play like one of those pesky teams. Those teams don't take TT lightly. This has gone way back since 67 Pan Am games when TT beat Argentina and Colombia. Give the weak a fighting Chance. Play ball.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 07:35:38 AM »
Why the gold cup alway in the USA....how about Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago or Costa Rica....Trinidad and Tobago have five farely newstadium...Trinidad and Tobago can host the gold cup...once in awhile

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 07:42:00 AM »
Why the gold cup alway in the USA....how about Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago or Costa Rica....Trinidad and Tobago have five farely newstadium...Trinidad and Tobago can host the gold cup...once in awhile

i know its been in mexico before dont think it will ever go to trinidad

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 07:55:02 AM »
It is all about money, and convenience to an extent and Jack Warner. The big money sponsor are the US firms, Coke, Bud, Chiquita, Nike, Snickers,US Army etc,etc,etc. T&T hosted the old tournament in 73. I was a ball boy in the Oval for TT/Mex. We get 2.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 08:34:23 AM »
Since is the first time in the 12 team format that all competing teams are from CONCACAF it seems incomplete without the Jamaican team there. It certainly would have been a classic contemporary concacaf competition (hell of an aliteration) had the Jamaicans been there, but they were their own worst enemy in this case.

I don't see anyone crying St. Kitts made it to the under 20 final tourney instead of us.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 09:11:05 AM »
If you guys feel the tournament incomplete without JA, then the GC should be an invitational tournament. Then that will solve the issue. I guarantee the small countries would left out, including TT.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 09:13:04 AM »
i am disapointed that jamaica isnt in this year gold cup.it would of been nice to see the top teams in the carribean play.jamaica normaly give a good showin at the gold cup and see players like fuller and gardener on show  :(
Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Panama will join Caribbean representatives Cuba, Guadeloupe, Haiti and Trinidad & Tobago and the previous Gold Cup champions (Canada, Mexico, USA) in the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup™ that takes place from 6-24 June in six venues across the USA. :challenge: :challenge:

JAMAICA failed to reach the 2006 World Cup, failed to advance from the first round of the Digicel/Caribbean Cup and thus won't be at the 2007 Gold Cup because of the poor and inefficent JFF leadership.
Excluding FIFA-mandated games JAMAICA has played only 9 friendlies since Boxhill sat in the JFF's big chair on May 2004 to the present compared to 89 friendlies under the Burrell administration from 1994 to 2004 averaging one match per month.
The U-17 YOUNG REGGAE BOYZ seems to be the only legit chance of you seeing a JAMAICAN team playing this year with a real chance of qualifying for the U-17 World Cup. The YOUNG BOYZ seem to have more focus placed on them compared to their ill-prepared U-20 counterparts who fly to MEXICO to try and gain one of two final spots for qualification to the U-20 World Cup in Canada. The U-23 REGGAE BOYZ and GIRLZ will be in the Pan American Games this summer in BRAZIL.      
  The present incompetent JFF leadership's talent seems to lie in real estate. Consider their report of cost-cutting which includes not playing any friendlies at THE OFFICE.
The good news however is November is just 8 months away.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 09:15:05 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 04:06:26 PM »
You forgot the CONCACAF Champion's Cup, anyway, who really care about Jamaica, I hope when your youth teams fail you come back right here and brag like you normally do. Time to move on, other teams are growing and I am sure Guadeloupe federation aren't any better than yours, but they qualified. Same with SVG federation and they bumped Jamaica off, so stop with the silly excuses. Good luck in the Pan American Games, maybe your ladies will represent Jamaica this year.

Gold Cup 2007

Trinidad & Tobago
El Salvador
Canada

Haiti
Mexico
Guatemala

Guadeloupe
USA
Honduras

Cuba
Costa Rica
Panama
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 04:09:44 PM by Flex »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 04:22:20 PM »

Sando...is that the actual grouping?

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 05:43:14 PM »
that is a shit, concacaf aint do groupings yet :bs: :bs: :bs:

http://www.concacaf.com/  :chilling:
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 06:35:01 PM »
You forgot the CONCACAF Champion's Cup, anyway, who really care about Jamaica, I hope when your youth teams fail you come back right here and brag like you normally do. Time to move on, other teams are growing and I am sure Guadeloupe federation aren't any better than yours, but they qualified. Same with SVG federation and they bumped Jamaica off, so stop with the silly excuses. Good luck in the Pan American Games, maybe your ladies will represent Jamaica this year.

Gold Cup 2007

Trinidad & Tobago
El Salvador
Canada

Haiti
Mexico
Guatemala

Guadeloupe
USA
Honduras

Cuba
Costa Rica
Panama
:rotfl: :rotfl: Amazing. As I predicted that some Trini's would include a club championship as a triumph over JAMAICA'S ongoing U-17 and U-20 World Cup qualifiers this year. If your excuse for making a club championship more important that international championship makes you feel good about yourself then so be it. The fact is JAMAICA is in a major tournament already and the U-17 REGGAE BOYZ seem to have a real chance of qualifying for the U-17 World Cup unlike their ill-prepared U-20 counterparts. However the U-20s feel good knowing that they have knocked out T&T U-20s out of the qualifiers as an added bonus.
 As for our REGGAE GIRLZ playing in the Pan Am and gaining experience. Where are your Soca Princesses.  :devil: :devil:
jjbrown

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 07:26:03 PM »

Gold Cup 2007

Trinidad & Tobago
El Salvador
Canada

Haiti
Mexico
Guatemala

Guadeloupe
USA
Honduras

Cuba
Costa Rica
Panama

Mexico in the first round? Who do you think we are? ... TnT  :'( ( ;D)
We are going to ES group. Period.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 07:50:35 PM »
Toussaint! You see all the teams that T&T want to avoid.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
jjbrown

1]; } ?>