May 08, 2024, 03:31:33 AM

Author Topic: Right back spot is a concern  (Read 3523 times)

Offline TriniFootballFan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Right back spot is a concern
« on: March 02, 2006, 01:29:06 PM »
Gray tried his best, and served us well against Bahrain but he didn't look like ke's ready for WC football. Too many wild clearances and aimless long passes.

Would like Beenie to take a look at Rougier as wright back, NOT a midfielder...and maybe Sancho there as well.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Right back spot is a concern
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 01:32:46 PM »
You doh see how much speed Gray have? 
I rather Gray there than anybody else I see so far.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 01:37:37 PM »
center back is our concern, not the wingbacks, lawrence and dog being accessed by everyone and all of dem coming back wit de same conclusion, dey ent ready yet

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 01:41:51 PM »
ah think de upside that beenie sees in both Gray and Avery John is speed and fight...unfortunately we don't have any players with Roigier's football intelligence and Avery and Cyd's speed. and ah sorry to say it look like beenie pickin speed over intelligence dis rounds...that being said both players have shown improvement....and as far as sancho go...dat is ahnudder story by itself  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 01:46:52 PM »
center back is our concern, not the wingbacks, lawrence and dog being accessed by everyone and all of dem coming back wit de same conclusion, dey ent ready yet

You really had me confused for a minute there boy
it took me a lil while to realise you meant assessed.
Accessed could mean anything  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline TriniFootballFan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 01:49:04 PM »
I guess the bottom line is there are quite a few more games (including those during the camp) to assess the players and by June 10th I'm confident Beenie would have the best 11 on the field.

I'm just concerned that Iceland is no where near the quality of the teams in our group and there were some defensive breakdowns in the game that our Group B teams will not lapse on.

Plenty positives as well though - Yorke, Samuel as a left winger (after playing like shte there in the Gold Cup), Birchall, and the overall hustle and confidence on the ball from the team.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 02:22:23 PM »
ah think de upside that beenie sees in both Gray and Avery John is speed and fight...unfortunately we don't have any players with Roigier's football intelligence and Avery and Cyd's speed. and ah sorry to say it look like beenie pickin speed over intelligence dis rounds...that being said both players have shown improvement....and as far as sancho go...dat is ahnudder story by itself :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

You know how sometimes your strength does turn out to be your weakness ?

One of my greatest fears is that Gray would cause us to end up a crucial game with ten men at a crucial time in the game.  Sometimes the boy does be so fast and agressive he can't control the tackles and does get beat real easy or gives up fouls.  I can't remember him fouling in the box though, but then he is a very temperamental player and the wily forwards would frustrate him with taunts and elbows and petty kicks that would aggravate him and cause him to lose focus on the game.  Is not two red cards he pick up for Jabloteh.  Anytime two chest bounce on the field, he does reach before the first hand pass, no matter what part of the field he is...and he doh come to part fight eh.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 02:34:31 PM »
wing backs are a big prob for TnT, no doubt as the two players at those 2 positions are the least accomplished on the team... and it shows when fast paced teams with good dribbling skills and one-two touches does find highway type room down our left and right defensive flanks
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 02:36:03 PM by vibetrini »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 03:00:07 PM »

stewps. you watch nuh.

i wanna see peter crouch try and use his height advantage against Lawrence and mr.wannabebadboy Rooney like tuh excercise his tackle happiness on defenders.

I wanna see little shrek try and drop some wood on marvin andrews.

And when dey go fuh de header yuh tink dog wont buss open he right eye brow.

stewps.

TI hual yuh ass nuh.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 03:09:51 PM »
One of my greatest fears is that Gray would cause us to end up a crucial game with ten men at a crucial time in the game.  Sometimes the boy does be so fast and agressive he can't control the tackles and does get beat real easy or gives up fouls.  I can't remember him fouling in the box though, but then he is a very temperamental player and the wily forwards would frustrate him with taunts and elbows and petty kicks that would aggravate him and cause him to lose focus on the game.   Is not two red cards he pick up for Jabloteh.  Anytime two chest bounce on the field, he does reach before the first hand pass, no matter what part of the field he is...and he doh come to part fight eh.
dis is where on field leadership comes into play. Yeah TFF we was sayin de same ting while watching the game....why he have tuh always look tuh dump it long...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 03:26:41 PM by Tongue »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 03:16:24 PM »

stewps. you watch nuh.

i wanna see peter crouch try and use his height advantage against Lawrence and mr.wannabebadboy Rooney like tuh excercise his tackle happiness on defenders.

stewps.

TI hual yuh ass nuh.

ah love ur enthusiasm but in all honesty how will dog stop rooney speed, juss like against costa rica, dey couldnt handle it, what makes u think he could stop rooney and owen?

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 03:20:22 PM »
stewps.

Dog will knock he ass over and Rooney will have no kinda mind to go on.

I doh cyar about fair play when it come to dat stink bitch.

I hope Andrews is instructed to tek he ass out quick.

Lock he down and make him yuh lil bitch.

nuff pressure on him.

TI stop approaching this as if you are our leader to get the word to Beenie.

you have some kind of crusade that has no point.

Even if any of the shit your talking actually made any sense.

It eh go dictate wuh Beenie doin.

He doin a damn better job in his actual coaching than your virtual coachin so really hush yuh ass.

Offline chunk-a-loonks

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 03:25:23 PM »
To me it seems that the biggest problem is on the left side with Avery John. I was disappointed with his defensive capability and he is prone to the occassional mis-trap. Also, he seems to panich when confronted and the inevitable is a wild dump forward.

The one thing that he has going for him is that he has some speed and doesn't look to bad going forward. He needs to brush up a plenty of the defensive part of his game.

These warm-up games should do him a world of good. Rougier might be good cover and has played this role before.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 04:14:22 PM »
the only concern i have is dog and de long ball..in the last game against iceland everyone was stroking the ball around and dog seemed a little uncomfortable looking to send airballs up the field..i think beenie also mentioned it in his comments...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 04:26:42 PM »
the only concern i have is dog and de long ball..in the last game against iceland everyone was stroking the ball around and dog seemed a little uncomfortable looking to send airballs up the field..i think beenie also mentioned it in his comments...

agreed.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 04:29:01 PM »

I agree with that to an extent,lawrence has improved with his ball control and passing ability,his speed is obviously in question,as does dog is as well he's slow to the core,but the difference is lawrence is more poised in the back.

Dog is the problem for now.  

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 05:00:36 PM »

stewps. you watch nuh.

stewps.

TI hual yuh ass nuh.

lil shrek :rotfl:

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 05:14:46 PM »
man still talkin bout rougier in this team

angus eve for right wing evans wise on d left earl spiderman carter in d uprights
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 05:24:17 PM »
hear nah allyuh talkin bout ah different rooney, not de wayne rooney who does play for manu? dred...i hope rooney get injured when we have to play england, seriously, rooney does make me feel like if ah watching messi, robinho, ronaldinho or one ah dem....all ah dem does move as though dey could beat anybody, anytime....but does just pass to involve dey teamates....so when we beat england, it eh go be because Dog stop rooney.....he might be lending he support from ah spot next to Beenieman
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 05:28:09 PM »
hear nah allyuh talkin bout ah different rooney, not de wayne rooney who does play for manu? dred...i hope rooney get injured when we have to play england, seriously, rooney does make me feel like if ah watching messi, robinho, ronaldinho or one ah dem....all ah dem does move as though dey could beat anybody, anytime....but does just pass to involve dey teamates....so when we beat england, it eh go be because Dog stop rooney.....he might be lending he support from ah spot next to Beenieman

I quite agree....rooney is by far the best player england have and I real worried about him when we play england......right now rooney at the top of he game and he putting man utd and england on he back and carrying them.....everybody says man utd and england is a totally different team when rooney playing so doh take england too lightly even tho ah think we could pull of a good result ;D

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 05:48:47 PM »

I quite agree....rooney is by far the best player england have and I real worried about him when we play england......right now rooney at the top of he game and he putting man utd and england on he back and carrying them.....everybody says man utd and england is a totally different team when rooney playing so doh take england too lightly even tho ah think we could pull of a good result ;D

Forget Rooney ...... his temper volatile ..... and he becomes unpredictable.

The men to look out for on the England team is the men in the middle. These are the fellas who gonna be feeding Rooney and Owen ....created holes...... .

Lampard..... Gerrard ..... the little English Brazillian Joe Cole....... Beckham.

These are the men to stop.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 06:11:06 PM »
You doh see how much speed Gray have? 
I rather Gray there than anybody else I see so far.

Speed is not everything. On Tuesday he was continually caught out of position but his pace allowed him to recover against the inferior opposition. Which is why he looked good on TV - because everytime he was on camera he was making a saving tackle. He shouldn't have gotten himself into trouble in the first place. Joe Cole would have killed him.

I think Cyd Gray has the talent, but his mind is more on going forward than defending. I would prefer to have a right back whose focus is on defence. We aren't going to beat big teams like England and Sweden with such an attacking mentality. Dog and Dennis will have enough to cope with without having to worry about the flanks.

I would prefer Sancho.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 06:15:11 PM by ryan »

1]; } ?>