May 09, 2024, 03:22:53 AM

Author Topic: Kramer's Racist Tirade  (Read 17799 times)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kramer's Racist Tirade
« on: November 20, 2006, 03:51:16 PM »
WTF's wrong with him?  :o

"Kramer's" Racist Tirade -- Caught on Tape

You can watch the censored video here - CNN.com has the uncensored version.

Michael Richards exploded in anger as he performed at a famous L.A. comedy club last Friday, hurling racial epithets that left the crowd gasping, and TMZ has obtained exclusive video of the ugly incident.

Richards, who played the wacky Cosmo Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," appeared onstage at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood. Kyle Doss, an African-American, told TMZ he and some friends were in the cheap seats and he was playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.

The camera started rolling just as Richards began his attack, screaming at one of the men, "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass."

Richards continued, "You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherf**ker. Throw his ass out. He's a nigger! He's a nigger! He's a nigger! A nigger, look, there's a nigger!"

The crowd is visibly and audibly confused and upset. Richards responds by saying, "They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a nigger."

One of the men who was the object of Richard's tirade was outraged, shouting back "That's un-f***ing called for, ain't necessary."

After the three-minute tirade, it appears the majority of the audience members got up and left in disgust.

Attempts to reach Richards' reps were unsuccessful.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 04:19:39 PM by Ryan »

truetrini

Re: Kramer's Racist Tirade
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 04:45:57 PM »
what happened was dat de real f**ker emerged afterall.  In anger de man reveal he true self..de racist f**ker...!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 05:04:25 PM by truetrini »

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 04:52:37 PM »
it is so sad...i had so much respect for him in takin part in seinfeld which showed the absurdity in peoples prejudices...apparently he cant get past his own prejudice
steupse
Back in Trini...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 05:40:59 PM »
Now bring on the civil suit ...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 06:06:18 PM »
Now bring on the civil suit ...

;D

seeker, you is ah real yankee in trute

yuh done see de money rollin for "mental pain and anguish" eh?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 06:45:26 PM »
That was the worst pubic tirade in the history of hollywood .He'll never work in that town again,bye kramer .
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 07:52:21 PM by CV:5 »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 07:52:53 PM »
I tink he on Letterman tonite ,and he get jerry to come

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 08:01:54 PM »
he crossed de line and revealed some deep rooted prejudices based on what i saw. :thumbsdown:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 08:52:52 AM »
White people always ge caught with their pants down when it comes to their true feelings about other races. Get them drunk, high or vex and the real person usually comes out. I have seen it so many times since I have been here, that's why I trust none of them

Kramer is a real ass, I saw this on the net yesterday and it was truly disgusting! The man was shouting this at the top of his lungs. For one thing apart from what hed did on Seinfield, he is not a comedian, he really is not that funny so @$@$# him, really disappointing indeed!

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 10:07:52 AM »
i saw him on letterman las night, bunch of shit
said " thing is im not even a racist"
only thing he sorry about is he got caught on tape

wait till Alberta Trini see this
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 10:31:09 AM by ricky »

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Kramer done lost his mind
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 10:17:01 AM »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 10:22:43 AM »
just saw it on youtube..

after the pitchfork comment some people was actually laughing...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 10:47:59 AM »
just saw it on youtube..

Probably a nervous laughter...as some comics can get really nasty but stay funny at the same time

I dont think they expected the volcano of vitriol that would follow

Ah well...he and mel gibson expose dey totie....and paycheques go dry up now

who cares...F dem
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2006, 11:20:20 AM »
just saw it on youtube..

Probably a nervous laughter...as some comics can get really nasty but stay funny at the same time

I dont think they expected the volcano of vitriol that would follow

Ah well...he and mel gibson expose dey totie....and paycheques go dry up now

who cares...F dem

The america public has a short memory. it will soon be forgotten sadly

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 11:27:27 AM »
he could say "n*gger" how much he want.

hip hop has renedered the word to impotency.

nowadays a white person could be a n*gger.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 11:51:43 AM »

Hip Hop make it impotent among the hip hop community

Clearly from the reaction..of the club patrons it hasnt lost its sting
You cant take ownership of something that still provokes an emotional reaction whithin 10 + years

I doh use it AT ALL...not even to describe when yuh belly full ah sunday lunch and yuh cyah get orf de couch...and I is ah hip hop junkie

Besides I think the media has hyped up that part of the tirade itself.....I think the "50 years ago we would have had a pitchfork up yer azz" was the reall offender...the rest wa sjust window dressing

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 11:55:54 AM »

There is still a big difference between how it is used in the hip hop community as slang as opposed to how Kramer used it, to address the black person in the audience.
So the fact that it is used extensively in hip hop vernacular does not give white people liscense to use it also.  Folks at work have been trying to defend him by saying that black comdiens say things about white people all the time.
Stueeps.....this was not part of his routine, he was pissed off and calling the man a nigger.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 11:56:40 AM »

You cant take ownership of something that still provokes an emotional reaction whithin 10 + years

I doh use it AT ALL...not even to describe when yuh belly full ah sunday lunch and yuh cyah get orf de couch...and I is ah hip hop junkie

Besides I think the media has hyped up that part of the tirade itself.....I think the "50 years ago we would have had a pitchfork up yer azz" was the reall offender...the rest wa sjust window dressing
yuh mean niggeritis..see i totally different i use it. it doh affect it .
words like nigger and coolie could relate to any body.
i see indian people act like old nigger and negro people act liek bush coolie.
se black americans acting like hicks and red necks and i see, especially living now in hamilton real rela white people acting liek serious niggers.

personally as a trini i reserve the rigth to call poeple how i want..to trini people i mean..
across here i am mind ful. but every group have thier prejudices u cyah get away from it. it eh right  but its there and u cyah let those prejudices group people.
jusge each person as they come.... cause u might see ah negro person coming and might turn out to be ah spic or red nick in personality  :-X
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 12:03:43 PM »
Ay to each his/her own...people could rationalize free speech as they see fit
I could go into a great historical diatribe about why and how we shoudnt bla bla bla

I not on no censorship vibe.......but EYE doh use de word..period

Me eh on no pejorative racial words vibes.....if I vex, I quicker tell people bout dey mudder dan dey race

but dais juss me

I still stunned rampanalgas is ah real place

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 12:06:20 PM »
Ay to each his/her own...people could rationalize free speech as they see fit
I could go into a great historical diatribe about why and how we shoudnt bla bla bla

I not on no censorship vibe.......but EYE doh use de word..period

Me eh on no pejorative racial words vibes.....if I vex, I quicker tell people bout dey mudder dan dey race

but dais juss me

I still stunned rampanalgas is ah real place
yuh bite yuh tongue trying to say it de first time ent....admit it
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 12:29:51 PM »

I totally agree with you.  The pitchfork statement actually was worse to me than anything else.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 12:35:40 PM »

se black americans acting like hicks and red necks and i see, especially living now in hamilton real rela white people acting liek serious niggers.

personally as a trini i reserve the rigth to call poeple how i want..to trini people i mean..
across here i am mind ful. but every group have thier prejudices u cyah get away from it. it eh right  but its there and u cyah let those prejudices group people.
jusge each person as they come.... cause u might see ah negro person coming and might turn out to be ah spic or red nick in personality  :-X

Not true.  Coolie is an actual adjective that denoted an unskilled labororer and one who carried a load on his/her head.  The Indians in the Caribbean ended getting called that during their indentured servitude and it morphed into a derogartory word.  Nigger was and always will be a negative word that was coined for the specific purpose of dehumanising slaves and their decendants.

To say that there are white people who behave like "niggers" does in no way shape or form make it remotely acceptable.  Calling a white person a nigger) or any other race of person other than black) will NEVER have the same effect and you can turn upside down, spin all around and it will not change.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2006, 01:01:44 PM »
To say that there are white people who behave like "niggers" does in no way shape or form make it remotely acceptable.  Calling a white person a nigger) or any other race of person other than black) will NEVER have the same effect and you can turn upside down, spin all around and it will not change.

try calling a "white" (who really "white" anyway?) american "white trash", "trailer trash" or "welfare trash" & u go see bachannal.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2006, 01:03:32 PM »

Not true.  Coolie is an actual adjective that denoted an unskilled labororer and one who carried a load on his/her head.  The Indians in the Caribbean ended getting called that during their indentured servitude and it morphed into a derogartory word.  Nigger was and always will be a negative word that was coined for the specific purpose of dehumanising slaves and their decendants.

yup but it was ussed in a derogatory sense.. same way niggerd is found in the dictionary and means stingy and niger is from some latin word meaning black...they just ascribed it to a whole race...and said it derogatorily..hence
negative connotaions..
i coudl say jew...and make it be negative..context is all u need

The Spanish word negro originates from the Latin word niger, meaning black. In English, negro or neger became negar and finally nigger, most likely under influence of French nègre (also derived from the Latin niger).
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 01:07:37 PM by The Polished Hoe »

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 01:14:05 PM »

yup but it was ussed in a derogatory sense.. same way niggerd is found in the dictionary and means stingy and niger is from some latin word meaning black...they just ascribed it to a whole race...and said it derogatorily..hence
negative connotaions..

The Spanish word negro originates from the Latin word niger, meaning black. In English, negro or neger became negar and finally nigger, most likely under influence of French nègre (also derived from the Latin niger).

So now that we've established the Latin origins of the word, what are you trying to say.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 01:15:32 PM »

negative connotaions..

I agree with you - the actual word is irrelevant. I have white/indian friends (even girlfriends) who call me n**ger, and I call dem whatever - noone is offended, cuz we are all friends, and words are just words.

The most offensive thing about Kramer's outburst was that he meant it.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2006, 01:17:45 PM »
yeah uh ..thanks for this history lesson

wha you trying to do is intellectualize an emotional phrase

to use ah bad analogy

is like ah sweeeeeet ting in ah thong come rubbin she hands all over yuh...bitin yuh ears,,givin yuh serious signals...writhing in heat

and you pull out yuh calculator and start to tell she the probability of getting her moist..and the  pre determined amount of stroking you will have to do to get her to orgasm

someting go buss...and it eh go be you

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2006, 01:24:23 PM »

to use ah bad analogy

is like ah sweeeeeet ting in ah thong come rubbin she hands all over yuh...bitin yuh ears,,givin yuh serious signals...writhing in heat

and you pull out yuh calculator and start to tell she the probability of getting her moist..and the  pre determined amount of stroking you will have to do to get her to orgasm

nah dutty that is a bad analogy, lanuage especially english language is a fuke% up one.
any word can be used derogatorily..almost any and one bad word for one gorup may not not hodl anything engative for another.

or how u use the word can make alld e difference.
i can use for example..guyanese by it self and mean it very bad. loll.
now i know what u mean its your poersonal choice not to use nigger cause of what it meant to black americans. but i eh think nigger will mean th esame to othe rblack people they may ahve thier own word to mean the same thign and calling dem nigger wont cause any emotion.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2006, 01:33:17 PM »

to use ah bad analogy

What I don't get is some people's passive attitude towards the use of the word and all other forms of derogatory words whichpoints particular  to a person's race.  So what if you don't have a problem with your friends calling you nigger or coolie or whatever.  How is that acceptable?  How will those negative words and attitudes be erased when we excuse it for ourselves but not for white people.  If a black man kills another black man, is it not still murder?

If Chris Rock was the comedian who ranted like that, would it be acceptable?  Would we excuse him because he's black and the recipients of the tirade were black?

I think part of the problem with people's shock about what happened is that we hold actors and entertainers up to some higher degree of accountability and we live in some dream world that they are perfect or something.  We cannot legislate people's feelings, only their behaviour. They are human and because they have money, only makes them rich humans.  Nothing more and nothing less.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2006, 01:34:24 PM »

to use ah bad analogy

nah dutty that is a bad analogy, lanuage especially english language is a f**ke% up one.
any word can be used derogatorily..almost any and one bad word for one gorup may not not hodl anything engative for another.

or how u use the word can make alld e difference.
i can use for example..guyanese by it self and mean it very bad. loll.
now i know what u mean its your poersonal choice not to use nigger cause of what it meant to black americans. but i eh think nigger will mean th esame to othe rblack people they may ahve thier own word to mean the same thign and calling dem nigger wont cause any emotion.

What you really trying to say.  I seriously don't get you.

1]; } ?>