May 09, 2024, 11:28:17 AM

Author Topic: Kramer's Racist Tirade  (Read 17801 times)

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kramer's Racist Tirade
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2006, 03:51:09 PM »
No matter how many black comedians shit up white people in dey comedy, it's very different to what Michael Richards did.  It wasn't part of his "act". He was expressing himself in retaliation to the audience members.

Has anyone ever heard of a black comic responding to an audience member in such a fashion?  and a white one at that?  He would never recover and I would love to know what radio/tv station or white leader would invite him/her to "healing" sessions or what have you with them.

No matter how you twist it, the man is racist.  He just got caught.  He's got powerful friends and they will no doubt help out of his hole.

It again reminds us how powerful that word can be and why we should not use it, even in jest amongst ourselves.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2006, 04:18:35 PM »
No matter how many black comedians shit up white people in dey comedy, it's very different to what Michael Richards did. It wasn't part of his "act". He was expressing himself in retaliation to the audience members.

Has anyone ever heard of a black comic responding to an audience member in such a fashion?  and a white one at that?  He would never recover and I would love to know what radio/tv station or white leader would invite him/her to "healing" sessions or what have you with them.

No matter how you twist it, the man is racist.  He just got caught.  He's got powerful friends and they will no doubt help out of his hole.

It again reminds us how powerful that word can be and why we should not use it, even in jest amongst ourselves.

I tink this is a crtical point ... what he said was not part of de act.  He was venting his true feeling about the black ppl in the audience .. he was not joking
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2006, 12:37:49 AM »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2006, 07:20:14 AM »

Shown on CSPAN:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-_K0Hlvyys

racism is self pepetuating .. white racists will listen to dat and say, "See?  that is why we have to exterminate the black people", den black racists will listen to dat and say the same sh*t dat arseh*le said on dat link ... steupsss

Sometimes I wonder is the human race will ever get past its immaturity and underdeveloped sensisbilities.

steupssss

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2006, 08:49:59 AM »
the entire starting cast for seinfeld was jewish, some of dem dont have orthodox jewish names but they all are jewish....

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=243349&GT1=7703
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2006, 11:16:07 AM »
No matter how many black comedians shit up white people in dey comedy, it's very different to what Michael Richards did. It wasn't part of his "act". He was expressing himself in retaliation to the audience members.

I tink this is a crtical point ... what he said was not part of de act.  He was venting his true feeling about the black ppl in the audience .. he was not joking
y is that critical...is ok to be bigoted if its in an act..but not if it serious? i dont see the difference is either asu u saying it worng ..or it not. no middle ground.
or maybe if he is bigoted or racsit but he uses it as part of his "act" its find..once his true feelings doesnt come out.
i am not politically correct in any streacth of the idea but i aint a racist at all. and if someone calls me a racist then i dislike the human race.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2006, 02:03:56 PM »
y is that critical...is ok to be bigoted if its in an act..but not if it serious? i dont see the difference is either asu u saying it worng ..or it not. no middle ground.
or maybe if he is bigoted or racsit but he uses it as part of his "act" its find..once his true feelings doesnt come out.
i am not politically correct in any streacth of the idea but i aint a racist at all. and if someone calls me a racist then i dislike the human race.

??? Yeah dred...you pullin some peng in de teachers lounge dis evenin..ah could tell

but,,yess...dais why is called an act..it eh real, it's fake, farce, pantomime

Most of all if it has to be funny

anyway..same ting asylum seeker say...dem fellahs lookin to clock some dollars for distress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJfhVY70sBc
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2006, 05:42:04 PM »

??? Yeah dred...you pullin some peng in de teachers lounge dis evenin..ah could tell

anyway..same ting asylum seeker say...dem fellahs lookin to clock some dollars for distress

please dem is idiots dem eh care that he tell dem dat ...dey looking for dollars....is nto a cause or d beigger picture at all is just money.
most of it have to be funny..
i would guess it have people wont find any racial joke funny because of what they may have experineced.
see allyuh tyring to say if it is in an act its ok cause is joke...eh heh
if it thats erious doh make joke about it at all
somehtign cant eb funny sometime...and could cause murderous riots another
steups...
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2006, 06:29:06 PM »

Ok first of all them men deserve some money ,....this scared them next time he ask his girl to go to a white place she might say nah .
2 ,I watched his apology and kinda buyed it either he was drunk that night ,or he was rehersed for the Letternman appearence.
3 A little controversy  ;D ,Now I just did a reno on a apartment man kinda stick on the payment .Found out he's jewesh .I never was racist to jews ,heard the talk ,but never knew why ppl hate them .........But i just found out that jews are could be some of the most racist ppl in the world !!!! ,can't trust them no more .

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2006, 06:32:34 PM »
3 A little controversy  ;D ,Now I just did a reno on a apartment man kinda stick on the payment .Found out he's jewesh .I never was racist to jews ,heard the talk ,but never knew why ppl hate them .........But i just found out that jews are could be some of the most racist ppl in the world !!!! ,can't trust them no more .

Yuh serious?

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2006, 06:55:33 PM »
Deadly ......but have do some more reserch ,not liking what am seeing doh ,
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 10:22:08 PM by CV:5 »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2006, 07:38:21 PM »

nah man .... race issues/differences can be used in comedy without the comedian being racist. 

A bigot using race in his/her act cannot hide the racisim (in my opinio . yuh can usually tell) and dat type of comedy is not funny and is not acceptable.  An if indeed he is a racist but hides it well ... as long as do not act on it .. i doh care .. dat is their problem.

a non-racist using race in his act so we can laugh at our differences and stereotypes is acceptabale as long as it funny.

We have to be able to laugh at we self .. we are diverse .. and we do have differences. 

Anyway, dis type a debate hard to do witout getting into long draw out posts and right now .. i too tired

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2006, 09:49:47 PM »

nah man .... race issues/differences can be used in comedy without the comedian being racist. 

A bigot using race in his/her act cannot hide the racisim (in my opinio . yuh can usually tell) and dat type of comedy is not funny and is not acceptable.  An if indeed he is a racist but hides it well ... as long as do not act on it .. i doh care .. dat is their problem.

a non-racist using race in his act so we can laugh at our differences and stereotypes is acceptabale as long as it funny.

We have to be able to laugh at we self .. we are diverse .. and we do have differences. 

Anyway, dis type a debate hard to do witout getting into long draw out posts and right now .. i too tired

Yuh better watch how yuh holding dem opinion yuh know Pecan...cause yuh might accuse of having righteous indignation and ah tink ah holding dat title right now.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2006, 11:12:46 PM »

Yuh serious?
check it ,it have other sites saying the same ting ,this one have rebuttals from jews
http://www.rense.com/general21/tal.htm

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2006, 02:28:50 AM »

who is to say someone cant hide thier true feelings, people do it al the time for years, in many different circumstances. just an example and not wanting to get of target there are people who are married for years have kids have a good life but gay. even the people who they are married to may can be legitimately be caught of guard.

how come in richards' case no one has accused him of being racist before? if he couldnt really hide it how come its now comgin to the forefornt especialy since he is a celebrity? where the people who usually come out the wood work " yes he treated me this way back in 77"
" yes he call meh ah spic or a nigger while i worked on the set of seinfeld"
 i not excusing what he did,  or saying he is or isnt this is just how things happen.

so your saying is that if he is a bigot but hides it its ok? once people dont know? come on man. if its worng it shouldnt exsist.
what abuot the people who arent bigoted but not politically correct? they have to walk a tight rope dont they, because at the first opportunity people will say see i always know he was like that etc etc.

give me one famous example cause u said u usually can tell, when a person comedian or celbretity was racist and you could tell before they openly said or did something?
did u get a vibe or a racist meter that u put by the television?

is bill cosby racist? does he hate black people?
he is always in controversy because he said somethign negative about black people. and if so how long could u tell? i
if he isnt bigoted  and  was as blunt  while refering to whites or jews woundnt he been called a racist along time ago?

yes u have to laugh at our selves. its more than important its imperitive.
but if it depends on how people say somethign(not who mind you). then alot of bigoted poeple can be on stage cussing alluh black so and so and you could be laughing yuh head of cause u didnt relaise he was a racist.
chris rock uses the word in his act all the time and it seems fine cause never seen people rally agaisnt him.
if a white person was to use it in an act....even if ti was legitemately just a joke(and god willing not a racist) people would blanche (white poeple in the audience of course) because they are white even if it was the funniest joke ever told.

black comedians get away all the time with using very white racist comments because thye black.
they call people honkey, cracker, trailer trash and much worse.

ah go check yuh reply tommrow...as u said this thread getting long  :)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2006, 06:51:24 AM »
Hoe -- yuh raise some good points ...

lets get back to basics: here are two definitions

Racism: a prejudice or discrimination based on the belief that race is the primary factor determining human traits and abilities. Racism includes the belief that genetic or inherited differences produce the inherent superiority or inferiority of one race over another. In the name of protecting their race from "contamination," some racists justify the domination and destruction of races they consider to be either superior or inferior. ...

Racism: The belief that one 'racial group' is inferior to another and the practices of the dominant group to maintain the inferior position of the dominated group. Often defined as a combination of power, prejudice and discrimination.

In retrospect, did Richards tirade demonstrate this?  at minimum, it demonstrated bad taste and poor judgment and perhaps some deep rooted prejudices.  But did it demonstrate racism?  did it demonstrate his belief that blacks are inferior to whites?  i am not certain if it did.

Another question: are we not allowed to hold prejudices?  we all have our dislikes and likes.  Is a dislike based on race racism.  If i do not act on my dislike to subordinate a person of a different race, and i do not harm them, nor discrimate against them, am I still a racist according to the definition above??

OK .. Enuf of my questions.  Let me respond to yours

there are people who are married for years have kids have a good life but gay. even the people who they are married to may can be legitimately be caught of guard.  i married for 24 yrs with 18
 no 23 chirren.  Ah jess hope Mrs pecan doh get kech off-guard - for dat matter, i am i doh surprise mehself either!

so your saying is that if he is a bigot but hides it its ok? once people dont know? come on man. if its worng it shouldnt exsist.
if he has a prejudice that he does not act on, nor does he harm anyone, no hurts then nor subordinate them - i maintin dat his his problem, not mine.  We all may tink wrong tings over the course of our life, but in a civilized society, we try not to act it out.  That is how we progress, we recognize our weakness and try to correct it.

give me one famous example cause u said u usually can tell:  yuh right .. i cannot gave you a famous example .. my example are ppl i meet who make racist jokes to hide their true feelings.  My response .. i ignore dem an move on with my life.

is bill cosby racist? does he hate black people? i do not consider him a racist.  I tink contrary . he is trying to help but i have not listened to him recently ..

but if it depends on how people say somethign(not who mind you). then alot of bigoted poeple can be on stage cussing alluh black so and so and you could be laughing yuh head of cause u didnt relaise he was a racist.
chris rock uses the word in his act all the time and it seems fine cause never seen people rally agaisnt him.
i have to admit, when i hear the 'n' word in stand up acts like Chris Rock or even Richard Pryor,  (an for those in Cananda, I es talking about "Nation"), i sometime feel uncomfortable and often do not find the joke funny. Any joke that degrades a race, a gender, sexual orientation i doh like.  But i do like jokes that makes fun of our difference due to race, gender and sexual orientation.  I suppose there is  fine line between dese types of jokes .. .is like pornograpy.  Hard to describe but when you see it, you know it.

black comedians get away all the time with using very white racist comments because thye black.
  it depends on the context and era of the joke.  Ever saw dat Saturday Night sketch with Chevy Chase and Richard Pryor where they began to call each other names?  dat was funny back then.  Today?  maybe not.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2006, 06:53:09 AM »

Yuh better watch how yuh holding dem opinion yuh know Pecan...cause yuh might accuse of having righteous indignation and ah tink ah holding dat title right now.

yuh better read my last post above .. .back in de Summer, Toppa accuse me of de very ting.  (btw .. where is she??)  I not intending on taking  away yuih title

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2006, 07:06:20 AM »
Hoe -- yuh raise some good points ...

lets get back to basics: here are two definitions

Racism: a prejudice or discrimination based on the belief that race is the primary factor determining human traits and abilities. Racism includes the belief that genetic or inherited differences produce the inherent superiority or inferiority of one race over another. In the name of protecting their race from "contamination," some racists justify the domination and destruction of races they consider to be either superior or inferior. ...

Racism: The belief that one 'racial group' is inferior to another and the practices of the dominant group to maintain the inferior position of the dominated group. Often defined as a combination of power, prejudice and discrimination.

In retrospect, did Richards tirade demonstrate this?  at minimum, it demonstrated bad taste and poor judgment and perhaps some deep rooted prejudices.  But did it demonstrate racism?  did it demonstrate his belief that blacks are inferior to whites?  i am not certain if it did.

Another question: are we not allowed to hold prejudices?  we all have our dislikes and likes.  Is a dislike based on race racism.  If i do not act on my dislike to subordinate a person of a different race, and i do not harm them, nor discrimate against them, am I still a racist according to the definition above??
OK .. Enuf of my questions.  Let me respond to yours

there are people who are married for years have kids have a good life but gay. even the people who they are married to may can be legitimately be caught of guard.  i married for 24 yrs with 18
 no 23 chirren.  Ah jess hope Mrs pecan doh get kech off-guard - for dat matter, i am i doh surprise mehself either!

if he has a prejudice that he does not act on, nor does he harm anyone, no hurts then nor subordinate them - i maintin dat his his problem, not mine.  We all may tink wrong tings over the course of our life, but in a civilized society, we try not to act it out.  That is how we progress, we recognize our weakness and try to correct it.

give me one famous example cause u said u usually can tell:  yuh right .. i cannot gave you a famous example .. my example are ppl i meet who make racist jokes to hide their true feelings.  My response .. i ignore dem an move on with my life.

is bill cosby racist? does he hate black people? i do not consider him a racist.  I tink contrary . he is trying to help but i have not listened to him recently ..

i have to admit, when i hear the 'n' word in stand up acts like Chris Rock or even Richard Pryor,  (an for those in Cananda, I es talking about "Nation"), i sometime feel uncomfortable and often do not find the joke funny. Any joke that degrades a race, a gender, sexual orientation i doh like.  But i do like jokes that makes fun of our difference due to race, gender and sexual orientation.  I suppose there is  fine line between dese types of jokes .. .is like pornograpy.  Hard to describe but when you see it, you know it.

it depends on the context and era of the joke.  Ever saw dat Saturday Night sketch with Chevy Chase and Richard Pryor where they began to call each other names?  dat was funny back then.  Today?  maybe not.

i argree with what your syaing by and large.
everyone holds some prejudcies and that is inevitable because we all didnt grow up in the same socities or culture. doesnt even have to be with reference to race.
examples
people say jamacians loud and argessive
people say trinis indicipline and only like to party  ;D :wavetowel:
barbadians dumb
guyanesse-( no comment nah..all i does do is apologise to people when they tell meh they guyanese) "i am so soprry to hear that its ok it could be worse...am i think"
asians cant drive (who form markham lemme hear allyuh)

and i mean these references NEGATIVELY not as jokes...
when we see jamacians act out a bit we just say well lord fadda jamacians argressive not thinking we all act liek that.
anyone here who says they hold all groups in utter high regard is either a lier or a philospher or always high,or a politician.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2006, 07:11:26 AM »
  Toppa (btw .. where is she??) 
check the Cricket board
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2006, 07:16:00 AM »

everyone holds some prejudcies and that is inevitable because we all didnt grow up in the same socities or culture. doesnt even have to be with reference to race.
examples
barbadians dumb
guyanesse-( no comment nah..all i does do is apologise to people when they tell meh they guyanese) "i am so soprry to hear that its ok it could be worse...am i think"

when we see jamacians act out a bit we just say well lord fadda jamacians argressive not thinking we all act liek that.
anyone here who says they hold all groups in utter high regard is either a lier or a philospher or always high,or a politician.

agree wid yuh all de way. 

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2006, 09:20:25 AM »

examples
barbadians dumb

agree wid yuh all de way. 
so lemme apologise to u now if w eever lilme and i say somin like" dem kiss meha ss asian and dem"
or bloody ass guyanese again
or maybe even somin against black poeple...cause black peolple does irk meh more than any other group to tell  de truth

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2006, 10:19:43 PM »
redhowler can u get ah clip of the daily show form tongiht? the one where dey had a segment on richanrds and the use of nigga
it was hilarious..
poor white pople in de audience faird to laugh steups.
i was dying with laughter.
senior black correspondant was lame though h almost bomb the jokes oh well

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2006, 06:34:03 AM »
redhowler can u get ah clip of the daily show form tongiht? the one where dey had a segment on richanrds and the use of nigga
it was hilarious..

stop being niggardly with your praise

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2006, 06:56:12 AM »
it was hilarious..

stop being niggardly with your praise
haha pecan like u see it

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2006, 05:33:08 PM »
haha... (sigh) a black man could say whatever he wants to say a white man... but switch it the other way around and its a scandal.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2006, 05:50:05 PM »
it was hilarious..

allow me
http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/index.jhtml?ml_video=78961

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2006, 08:20:08 AM »
it was hilarious..

allow me

thanks for de link to this site ... :beermug:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2006, 02:36:38 PM »
it was hilarious..
allow me
thanks for de link to this site ... :beermug:
Thanks E-Mann,
its been a very busy last few days for me
with tryin to get extra beds for homeless people as a result of all this snow and cold we had here
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2006, 01:50:32 PM »

Damon Wayans get fined and ban from the laugh factory for using the "N" word during his act...

1]; } ?>