June 01, 2024, 04:53:30 AM

Author Topic: Kramer's Racist Tirade  (Read 18069 times)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: Kramer's Racist Tirade
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2006, 07:14:58 PM »
remeber how u said ealier u perfer someone tellu about your mother..
now look at that i would get more offended of of that.
my queens scared to em end of story thats y oftenw hen i old tlaking with them fellas and mother come into it i done one time.
 also i think the conception of this has alot to do with genereation.
if u relaise based on the posts thus far the younger crowd dont find much offense while the refined group your and miss coco...dont like the wordf at all.
and i think we youths dotn appreciate, cause we see it less, what u guys probably had to endure with disscirmmination

how is that foir expolanation coco??

Not a very good one in my opinion but if you are comfortable with that, all I can say is that I am glad you are not my son.
that was kinda harsh and in that case i also glad i aint yuh son oui. sorry i have an opnion.
sounds weird coming fomr you sinceu often complain about poeple reacting a certain way because u have an opnion..but its all good
i respect yours  :) :)

Did I tell you that you couldn't have your opinion?  I respect your right to have your opinion, I just don't respect THE opinion.  And as far as the comment about not being my son is concerned, I would be very dissapointed to know that after raising my children they (both my son and/or daughter held such an opinion.  That's all. 

You have the right and freedom of speech to express your opinion, I don't have to agree with it and I don't. 
yeah i hear u mam. but shouldnt u respect everyones opnion? or is it just respect the person? dont have to argree witht he opnion but respect it? is not that how its uspposed to be?
or just respect the right to have an opnion?

on another note (just My opnion now eh so i ducking already)  if someoen says that they eh respect u dey cant ever respect your opnion. i eh say dais what u say i jus trying to keep meh tirade going. and i knwo u go say u eh understand what i saying... but .just answer the questions ..ie if u want to.

if u dont want to answer them i respect that  ;D

No, I don't have to respect everyone's opinion.  I have to respect their RIGHT to an opinion.  To respect everyone's opinion would be to agree with every opinion of every person.  I can respect a person and not respect every position that they hold.  Where the disrespect for that person as whole will come into play is when that person holds multiple opinions to which I do not subscribe.

A person who stands for nothing will fall for anything.

And you're right.  You are just trying to keep your tirade going by attempting to twist and turn the topic but whatever rocks your boat.
lol2rocks meh boat.
now here i find somehting i dont argree with.
respecting opnions dont mean u argree with them, at all !!  i disargeee with that opnion.   i respect it but dont argree with it  :devil: :devil: :devil:
so dais one i doh argee with......so a couple more acrodding to your reasoning i on de rd to having no respect for you.
and since u eh argree with the inital opnion maybe i i almost on yuh "me eh have no respect for that man" list.

u eh have to answer if u feel i trying to disrespect you.
but i would like one  ;D

Well if there is going to be a list, this will certainly be on it and close to the top.  It will be left to be seen if I will lose respect for you, the person, in addition to not having respect for the opinion you hold on this subject.
:-\ steups oui.... rank on top ah list for that...wah ever eh chick..no wait i mean mam. i eh wah disrespect yuh. but in terms of your respect for me...
i eh expect everyoen to have for me..so if it is its"left to be seen" u eh even hadda try to maintain.
i everyone do things that make people lose repsct for them.
respect due to u!!!!

Is fight you looking for I can tell.  You keep pushing and asking me for my opinion and then you try to attack my opinion.  Why do you care.

This started off about Michael Richards tirade and your opinoin of it and my own.  Now it gets to my opinion of you?  All I know about your opinions are what you post.  Most times I don't understand what you write and I often don't comment on it.  I commented on this topic because I thought it to be a serious one.  Your seemed very blase about how the word is used and my response was in relationship to that.

As I have said before and I will reiterate once more, I can respect your right to an opinon, I still don't have to respect the opinion. 
u attacked my opnion, i was trying to understand why my opnion was so bad in your opnion. buh is all good lady. is all good.
and though i seemend blase it wa smy opnion and you found issue with it.
i eh looking for no fight.  am i not to give a response when someone have an opnion abour my opnion or responds to a comment i make?>
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2006, 07:16:35 PM »
[quote PS I think Kramer is a jewish name ,.

Kramer is his character's name on Seinfeld.  His real name is Michael Richards.
:rotfl:

truetrini

« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2006, 07:23:31 PM »
[quote PS I think Kramer is a jewish name ,.

Kramer is his character's name on Seinfeld.  His real name is Michael Richards.

IS TI we talking about...expect anything.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2006, 07:51:58 PM »
[/
u attacked my opnion, i was trying to understand why my opnion was so bad in your opnion. buh is all good lady. is all good.
i eh looking for no fight.  am i not to give a response when someone have an opnion abour my opnion or responds to a comment i make?>

I think you need to go back and re-read my posts because I am  beginning to wonder if you read the same way you type.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 07:30:05 PM by cocoapanyol »
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2006, 08:01:54 PM »
my queens scared to em end of story thats y oftenw hen i old tlaking with them fellas and mother come into it i done one time.
if u relaise based on the posts thus far the younger crowd dont find much offense while the refined group your and miss coco...dont like the wordf at all.
and i think we youths dotn appreciate, cause we see it less, what u guys probably had to endure with disscirmmination

Not a very good one in my opinion but if you are comfortable with that, all I can say is that I am glad you are not my son.
that was kinda harsh and in that case i also glad i aint yuh son oui. sorry i have an opnion.
sounds weird coming fomr you sinceu often complain about poeple reacting a certain way because u have an opnion..but its all good

Did I tell you that you couldn't have your opinion?  I respect your right to have your opinion, I just don't respect THE opinion.  And as far as the comment about not being my son is concerned, I would be very dissapointed to know that after raising my children they (both my son and/or daughter held such an opinion.  That's all. 

You have the right and freedom of speech to express your opinion, I don't have to agree with it and I don't. 
yeah i hear u mam. but shouldnt u respect everyones opnion? or is it just respect the person? dont have to argree witht he opnion but respect it? is not that how its uspposed to be?

on another note (just My opnion now eh so i ducking already)  if someoen says that they eh respect u dey cant ever respect your opnion. i eh say dais what u say i jus trying to keep meh tirade going. and i knwo u go say u eh understand what i saying... but .just answer the questions ..ie if u want to.

No, I don't have to respect everyone's opinion.  I have to respect their RIGHT to an opinion.  To respect everyone's opinion would be to agree with every opinion of every person.  I can respect a person and not respect every position that they hold.  Where the disrespect for that person as whole will come into play is when that person holds multiple opinions to which I do not subscribe.

And you're right.  You are just trying to keep your tirade going by attempting to twist and turn the topic but whatever rocks your boat.
lol2rocks meh boat.
respecting opnions dont mean u argree with them, at all !!  i disargeee with that opnion.   i respect it but dont argree with it  :devil: :devil: :devil:
so dais one i doh argee with......so a couple more acrodding to your reasoning i on de rd to having no respect for you.
and since u eh argree with the inital opnion maybe i i almost on yuh "me eh have no respect for that man" list.

but i would like one  ;D

Well if there is going to be a list, this will certainly be on it and close to the top.  It will be left to be seen if I will lose respect for you, the person, in addition to not having respect for the opinion you hold on this subject.
:-\ steups oui.... rank on top ah list for that...wah ever eh chick..no wait i mean mam. i eh wah disrespect yuh. but in terms of your respect for me...
i eh expect everyoen to have for me..so if it is its"left to be seen" u eh even hadda try to maintain.
respect due to u!!!!

Is fight you looking for I can tell.  You keep pushing and asking me for my opinion and then you try to attack my opinion.  Why do you care.

This started off about Michael Richards tirade and your opinoin of it and my own.  Now it gets to my opinion of you?  All I know about your opinions are what you post.  Most times I don't understand what you write and I often don't comment on it.  I commented on this topic because I thought it to be a serious one.  Your seemed very blase about how the word is used and my response was in relationship to that.

As I have said before and I will reiterate once more, I can respect your right to an opinon, I still don't have to respect the opinion. 

I think you need to go back and re-read my posts because I am  beginning to wonder if you read the same way you type.
lol...yes seems to be your answer everytime someone counter a point u make..u never say so.
buh is cool.mam
u could gimem how much tlka u want....dohw orry i eh go call u de n word..lol
if u eh tell me nuttin bout meh mother.. ;D

at any rate whats your pt about original post? the talk moved beyond the original talk a while ago. are we discussing richards?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 08:08:01 PM by The Polished Hoe »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2006, 08:14:48 PM »
ai ya yai ... big discussion today .. ah miss all de action ... lol
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2006, 08:27:17 PM »

lol...yes seems to be your answer everytime someone counter a point u make..u never say so.
buh is cool.mam

at any rate whats your pt about original post? the talk moved beyond the original talk a while ago. are we discussing richards?

So why bother to try and make a point with me if you already know how I am going to answer it. Why ask me any question at all.  Since you know everything, you should not ask any question.  

You like to instigate talk with no real purpose other than to incite an argument and then you punctuate your comments with smileys as if somehow that will make it better.  If you have an opinion by which you stand, then be man enough to say it and stay with it.  No need to add a smiley, no need to dodge for cover.  I told you once before in another thread that you must have been one of those little boys who would poke a jackspaniard nest and then run.  It's all well and good to make picong and have fun on trivial matters.  I don't see this as one of those issues.

If you read my posts, I don't get into calling people names or cussing or things like that when I try to make a point unless of course the person feels somehow inclined to be verbally abusive to me.  I simply tell the person to re-read my post in the hope that what I was trying to say would become clearer.  Not that the person has to agree with me.  If you read any of what I said properly, we would not still be having this conversation.  I have repeated continuously that I respect your right to your opinion.

I get the impression that you want validation for holding your position on the nigger word.  By all means, go ahead and use it.  Is that what you want me to tell you?  I will never condone the use of it.  I didn't teach my children like that and I am proud that my adult daughter (who is as you claimed in an earlier post one of the "youths") is not of this mindset.

I am dissapointed that as an educator you feel the way you do but we are fortunate to live in a free country where having an opinion is your right.  As a parent, I will continue to set the kind of example to my children that would hopefully never allow them to become matter-of-fact about matters like this.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 07:31:36 PM by cocoapanyol »
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2006, 08:43:01 PM »

lol2rocks meh boat.

but i would like one  ;D

respect due to u!!!!

buh is cool.mam

So why bother to try and make a point with me if you already know how I am going to answer it. Why ask me any question at all.  Since you know everything, you should not ask any question. 

You like to instigate talk with no real purpose other than to incite an argument and then you punctuate your comments with smileys as if somehow that will make it better.  If you have an opinion by which you stand, then be man enough to say it and stay with it.  No need to add a smiley, no need to dodge for cover.  I told you once before in another thread that you must have been one of those little boys who would poke a jackspaniard nest and then run.  It's all well and good to make picong and have fun on trivial matters.  I don't see this as one of those issues.

If you read my posts, I don't get into calling people names or cussing or things like that when I try to make a point unless of course the person feels somehow inclined to be verbally abusive to me.  I simply tell the person to re-read my post in the hope that what I was trying to say would become clearer.  Not that the person has to agree with me.  If you read any of what I said properly, we would not still be having this conversation.  I have repeated continuously that I respect your right to your opinion.

I get the impression that you want validation for holding your position on the nigger word.  By all means, go ahead and use it.  Is that what you want me to tell you?  I will never condone the use of it.  I didn't teach my children like that and I am proud that my adult daughter (who is as you claimed in an earlier post one of the "youths") is not of this mindset.

I am dissapointed that as an educator you feel the way you do but we are fortunate to live in a free country where having an opinion is your right.  As a parent, I will continue to set the kind of example to my children that would hopefully never allow them to become matter-of-fact about matters like this.
now u insinuating i aint a good educator.
woman wah i go say to dat, stand n try to defend mehs elf and argue it eh make sense.  so because i am an educator i cant hold a contencious position.
yes i was not taking this serious and making light. but u getting serious and actuall attcking me now because if it.
 same way i am sure it have thigns you do or have done that othesr may look at at utterly disrespectful and asumming (correct me if i am worng) may even call immoral- i think being racist is immoral.
 But they wont question say your mothering ability bcause of it.  the only reason i used that example because u used it several times for examples.or might they depending on what it was.

at any rate i apologise for making light of this situation w hich u hold strong feelings for.
topic done as far as i concern.
 Rightous indignation not appealing. and that go be de result where your responses are concerned and it eh nice to see.

i in the future where it concerns you i will keep my opnions to my self, because i dont want to de the one to say somin ..or by action be disrespectful to you or any oen of your loved ones.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2006, 08:47:21 PM »
the entire starting cast for seinfeld was jewish, some of dem dont have orthodox jewish names but they all are jewish....
post the link or information site man..
otherwise u knwo they go jump down yuh throat.
jon stweart is a jew to.
names eh mean nuttin nah.
and it eh matter what race de man who say it is... it go mak ereal bacanal
cause america still does feel extremely guilty for the treatment of black people.
even when bill cosby talk agsint black people everyone jump on he ass.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2006, 08:57:48 PM »
here is his pathetic apology on the letterman show..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dufHYw-W6j4

i sorry yes..  de man coming out and bawling "the funny thing is i not even racist".. de man even bring hurricane katrina into de mix, what that have to do with the fact that he show himself as a racist?

He sound unintelligible in that whole video with Letterman...barely genuine at all with his limited vocabulary or body language. I eh go lie I used to like Seinfeld...hardly thought twice about in being Jewish-owned/created or the lack of other ethnicities in the show...it was jess a funny show to me, clever and well put together. But I can't watch it and enjoy it again nah...not after dat.

Outrageous as it is, dis eh go cause no big repercussions. Mel Gibson get a few angry letters and a small rash from de media, he still producing a big movie coming out soon, doing his thing, getting he money. And America go watch it and it go be a box office hit.
Even on Letterman after dat 6-minute meaninglessness of what Kramer say, the audience give applause after Jerry said he knows Kramer well and he (Kramer) is upset etc etc...as if de issue done and forgiven..dat is de shallowness of select ppl in American culture right dey, the ignorance of thinkin twice...they shouldn't have even put their hands together in de first place
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 09:19:23 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2006, 08:59:16 PM »
the entire starting cast for seinfeld was jewish, some of dem dont have orthodox jewish names but they all are jewish....
post the link or information site man..
otherwise u knwo they go jump down yuh throat.
jon stweart is a jew to.
names eh mean nuttin nah.
and it eh matter what race de man who say it is... it go mak ereal bacanal
cause america still does feel extremely guilty for the treatment of black people.
even when bill cosby talk agsint black people everyone jump on he ass.

Hoe I eh know about de entire starting cast eh, but the creators and producers of Seinfeld are Jewish. I jess stating that, not implying anything.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2006, 09:52:55 PM »
now u insinuating i aint a good educator.
woman wah i go say to dat, stand n try to defend mehs elf and argue it eh make sense.  so because i am an educator i cant hold a contencious position.
yes i was not taking this serious and making light. but u getting serious and actuall attcking me now because if it.
 same way i am sure it have thigns you do or have done that othesr may look at at utterly disrespectful and asumming (correct me if i am worng) may even call immoral- i think being racist is immoral.
 But they wont question say your mothering ability bcause of it.  the only reason i used that example because u used it several times for examples.or might they depending on what it was.

at any rate i apologise for making light of this situation w hich u hold strong feelings for.
topic done as far as i concern.
 Rightous indignation not appealing. and that go be de result where your responses are concerned and it eh nice to see.

i in the future where it concerns you i will keep my opnions to my self, because i dont want to de the one to say somin ..or by action be disrespectful to you or any oen of your loved ones.

This  is a perfect example of why I say re-read my posts.  I said as an educator that I was dissapointed in the position you held.  I never insunated were not a good educator.  You said that about your own self. I have no clue as to your abilities in that regard.  I assumed that as an educator that you would not be so blase about a topic of this nature.  There is no need for you to start digging at me and using words like immoral to discribe what may or may not be anyone's opinion of any action of mine.

This is why I avoid commenting on your posts where the topic is a serious nature.  You are talking from both sides of your mouth.  If you consider being a racist to be immoral and calling someone a nigger is racist and from your ealier post you seem not to have a problem with the usage of the word as long as it is black on black, and amoung the youths, then how then is that not immoral.

Why are you throwing words like disrespectul and immoral at me.  What have I ever posted here that was disrespectul or immoral.  Where are you getting that.

Why you want topic to"done" now?  You push, push, push and what?  You don't have any more argument to throw at me?  Any further way to twist what I have said?

You think that throwing words like "Righteous indignation" and "immoral" and disrespectul is going to shut me up which is basically what you appeared to be trying to tell me.  If my opinion is not yours, then it doesn't have any worth?

I politely repeated to you your right to have your opinion and my right to not respect it.  So if that is righteous indignation on my part then I am proud to express it.

You are free to  avoid commenting on my posts, the same as I avoid commenting on yours and spare me the apology.  It has as much value as Michael Richards.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 07:33:04 PM by cocoapanyol »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2006, 11:07:36 PM »

richards eh jewish. he is a freemason.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2006, 11:29:10 PM »
I knew I knew I freaking knew it!!!!! Them ein't his words that his learnigs

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2006, 07:59:51 AM »

This  is a perfect example of why I say re-read my posts.  I said as an educator that I was dissapointed in the position you held.  I never insunated were not a good educator.  You said that about your own self. I have no clue as to your abilities in that regard.  I assumed that as an educator that you would not be so blase about a topic of this nature.  There is no need for you to start digging at me and using words like immoral to discribe what may or may not be anyone's opinion of any action of mine.

This is why I avoid commenting on your posts where the topic is a serious nature.  You are talking from both sides of your mouth.  If you consider being a racist to be immoral and calling someone a nigger is racist and from your ealier post you seem not to have a problem with the usage of the word as long as it is black on black, and amoung the youths, then how then is that not immoral.

Why are you throwing words like disrespectul and immoral at me.  What have I ever posted here that was disrespectul or immoral.  Where are you getting that.

Why you want topic to"done" now?  You push, push, push and what?  You don't have any more argument to throw at me?  Any further way to twist what I have said?

You think that throwing words like "Righteous indignation" and "immoral" and disrespectul is going to shut me up which is basically what you appeared to be trying to tell me.  If my opinion is not yours, then it doesn't have any worth?

I politely repeated to you your right to have your opinion and my right to not respect it.  So if that is righteous indignation on my part then I am proud to express it.

You are free to  avoid commenting on my posts, the same as I avoid commenting on yours and spare me the apology.  It has as much value as Michael Richards.

well yes look ting....bring out de popcorn.....I liking de bachanal dis morning.....it keeping meh entertained...but oh gosh when all yuh hit de "Quote" button, yuh could delete all de odder replies before the last quote....it kinda annoying reading 1 post that a half page long  ;D...thanks   :party: :mackdaddy:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 08:01:59 AM by lickslikefire »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2006, 08:20:52 AM »
but oh gosh when all yuh hit de "Quote" button, yuh could delete all de odder replies before the last quote....it kinda annoying reading 1 post that a half page long  ;D...thanks   :party: :mackdaddy:
post of the day :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
 ;D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 08:31:03 AM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2006, 09:04:33 AM »

but oh gosh when all yuh hit de "Quote" button, yuh could delete all de odder replies before the last quote....it kinda annoying reading 1 post that a half page long  ;D...thanks   :party: :mackdaddy:

My apologies.  You are correct.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2006, 12:07:49 PM »
Outrageous as it is, dis eh go cause no big repercussions. Mel Gibson get a few angry letters and a small rash from de media, he still producing a big movie coming out soon, doing his thing, getting he money. And America go watch it and it go be a box office hit.
Even on Letterman after dat 6-minute meaninglessness of what Kramer say, the audience give applause after Jerry said he knows Kramer well and he (Kramer) is upset etc etc...as if de issue done and forgiven..dat is de shallowness of select ppl in American culture right dey, the ignorance of thinkin twice...they shouldn't have even put their hands together in de first place

Grande man, dey usually run for a friend (eventually several 'friends') that has/have not yet lost credibility in the public eye's ... in this case Jerry Seinfeld ... more friends shall appear until the stink of association and defense becomes too big of a negative ... depending on how the tide swings ...

It's the circling the wagons tactic ... the Boers used it on their trek against the 'natives' (they called it a 'laager') and the adventurous, 'civilizing', 'benevolent', 'pioneers' used the tactic against the 'native americans' ... a standard defensive tactic to ride out the storm ...

Seinfeld should be called to task for rallying round the man. He should pay for that too somewhat. All a dat is passive and acquiescent and as such somewhat condoning.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2006, 12:21:34 PM »
The wagons eh circlin...is one wagon and a fellah with ah .45 and two bullet

Although one could argue dat he is a real friend...to stick by your pardner through thick and thin thicker

However,, jerry just eh want dis negtive ting eff up de sales of the newly released sienfeld episodes on DVD

'Kramer' effin up he money
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2006, 12:28:37 PM »
The wagons eh circlin...is one wagon and a fellah with ah .45 and two bullet

Although one could argue dat he is a real friend...to stick by your pardner through thick and thin thicker

However,, jerry just eh want dis negtive ting eff up de sales of the newly released sienfeld episodes on DVD

'Kramer' effin up he money

That is the ironic thing about this. Kramer was a real hit on the show, Jerry was the boring character

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2006, 11:31:01 PM »
The real Kramer says actor no racist
But Richards is 'paranoid,' 'very wound-up'

November 26, 2006
BY LARRY MCSHANE
NEW YORK -- The first call came from the Midwest. Before long, the phone was ringing and ringing and ringing again: Satellite radio. Fox News. "Extra."
Yada, yada, yada.

For Kenny Kramer, role model for the ''Seinfeld'' character who shared his surname, each call was a reminder of the intersection between his real life and his sitcom doppelganger. Actor Michael Richards -- the on-air Cosmo Kramer -- made headlines with a racist rant last week in a Los Angeles comedy club.

Leads tours for 'Seinfeld' fans
Suddenly, everybody wanted to know what Kramer thought about the man who played the character based on his life. ''I did at least 15 to 20 interviews,'' said Kramer, 62. ''A guy who wrote a story in the Daily News said, 'I hope this doesn't hurt your business.' ''
Through the ''Kramer Reality Tour,'' he has enjoyed the merger of man and myth for almost 11 years. Kramer takes "Seinfeld" fans on a tour of Manhattan locales featured in the series, bringing together New York real estate and Hollywood surreality.

The real Kramer lived for 10 years in a Hell's Kitchen apartment across the hall from ''Seinfeld'' co-creator Larry David, and his life became the framework for Richards' quirky, bumbling Seinfeld sidekick.

But the real Kramer says the actor has little in common with his off-kilter ''Seinfeld'' persona. ''He's not this outgoing ball of fun that people would expect Kramer to be. They think he'd be exciting, lovable, laughable. But he's quiet, introspective, even paranoid. He's a very wound-up guy. But I don't think he's a racist.'' AP

Men want apology, maybe cash
LOS ANGELES -- Two men who say they were insulted by actor-comedian Michael Richards during his racist rant at a comedy club want a personal apology and maybe some money, their lawyer said Friday.
Frank McBride and Kyle Doss said they were part of a group at West Hollywood's Laugh Factory to celebrate a friend's birthday. According to their attorney, Gloria Allred, they were ordering drinks when Richards berated them for interrupting his act. When one of their group replied that he wasn't funny, Richards launched into a string of obscenities and repeatedly used the n-word.

Allred said Richards should meet McBride and Doss in front of a retired judge to ''acknowledge his behavior and to apologize to them'' and allow the judge to decide on monetary compensation.

''It's not enough to say 'I'm sorry,' '' she said

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2006, 11:56:15 AM »

He supposed to go on some show with Jesse Jackson...so I hear.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2006, 12:07:27 PM »

STEEEUUPPPSSS Is only becuase it got caught on camera and went out to the world.

Does not change what is in his heart

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2006, 12:48:13 PM »

STEEEUUPPPSSS Is only becuase it got caught on camera and went out to the world.

It's funny to me how when a white person messes up the extent to which he is embraced and helped to "recover".  I wonder if the the who's who of white America would have embraced black entertainer who did something similar.

I saw the report on his appearance on the radio show and the black leaders are calling for an eradication of the use of the word by everyone, black people included.

Hopefully, that would be at least one good thing to have resulted from this event.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 12:53:38 PM by Tallman »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2006, 02:53:26 PM »

It's funny to me how when a white person messes up the extent to which he is embraced and helped to "recover".  I wonder if the the who's who of white America would have embraced black entertainer who did something similar.

I saw the report on his appearance on the radio show and the black leaders are calling for an eradication of the use of the word by everyone, black people included.

Hopefully, that would be at least one good thing to have resulted from this event.

chris rock,
eddie murphy,
richard pryor

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2006, 03:18:41 PM »

chris rock,
eddie murphy,
richard pryor

Richard Pryor was before my time so I can't comment on him.

But Chris Rock and Eddie Murphy - and I am a big fan of de latter - never say anything even close about white people to the effect that Kramer did about black people. Rock and Murphy does shit dem up yes, but not in a racist manner, just pokin fun. Dey does do it to everybody.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2006, 03:26:04 PM »

chris rock,
eddie murphy,
richard pryor

But Chris Rock and Eddie Murphy - and I am a big fan of de latter - never say anything even close about white people to the effect that Kramer did about black people. Rock and Murphy does shit dem up yes, but not in a racist manner, just pokin fun. Dey does do it to everybody.

Still, could u imagine any white comedian cracking on black people non-stop in d way Rock does to white people? I cant.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2006, 03:31:49 PM »
[

Still, could u imagine any white comedian cracking on black people non-stop in d way Rock does to white people? I cant.

Nick De Paolo

Rude, non PC and Funny as hell
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2006, 03:38:38 PM »

chris rock,
eddie murphy,
richard pryor

I've seen a couple comedians do it, and the predominantly black audience were cracking up. People not dotish, they know where and when a line is crossed.

I never hear bout dem two comedians Dutty mentioned, maybe he could send meh a link, unless he too busy monitoring de TI vs TT thread and he hands too greasy from de popcorn  ;D

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2006, 03:41:19 PM »
Nick DePaolo..is one fellah

I sure he on google.....when he ridin ah black audience,,yuh does cringe...but yuh hadda laugh

It really isnt for sensitive people....say wha not all comedy is universal

1]; } ?>