48 (28.6%)
Yes
42 (25%)
Give him time
63 (37.5%)
Assistant only
15 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Author Topic: Russell Latapy Thread  (Read 254374 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Russell Latapy Thread.
« Reply #900 on: September 07, 2010, 10:08:24 PM »
sorry he have to go
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: September 07, 2010, 10:08:58 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: good thing im on vacation/strike from the national men team till TBA.  I cyah had mediocrity

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 07, 2010, 10:13:05 PM »
Round three of cutarse coming up ; what did we learn from cutarse number one...now two next powerhouse Brazil ...oops Belize... same team same 4king crap coming up at a venue near you.

Why is the obvious so hard to see for this coach...... yuh don't have players to perform at this caliber....why embarrass yuhself? yuh legend yuh name just gone through.....
Be a 4king man and demand the best players come home and  represent the country. STOP the BLEEDING.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 07, 2010, 10:32:49 PM »
Dem fellas just doh want to peak early...dias all.

Latas is ah Legend with ah good football brain.

He teaching dem men Calculus and they on Elementary Algebra

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 07, 2010, 10:35:35 PM »
Round three of cutarse coming up ; what did we learn from cutarse number one...now two next powerhouse Brazil ...oops Belize... same team same 4king crap coming up at a venue near you.

Why is the obvious so hard to see for this coach...... yuh don't have players to perform at this caliber....why embarrass yuhself? yuh legend yuh name just gone through.....
Be a 4king man and demand the best players come home and  represent the country. STOP the BLEEDING.

Stop talking to a brick wall!
Change will only happen when Latas steps aside as head coach!
I don't mind him being an assistant to a proper coach but this time he must not try to undermine the head coach while cunningly pretending to be there to assist him!

Latas please do the right thing, yuh not ready yet, just be a man and own up!  :-[
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 08, 2010, 04:06:10 AM »

I don't mind him being an assistant to a proper coach but this time he must not try to undermine the head coach while cunningly pretending to be there to assist him!

Latas please do the right thing, yuh not ready yet, just be a man and own up!  :-[
No boy!!!!! we doh want no mo locals around we senior team, BC them men will influence the coach tuh pick their favorite players. the TTFF need tuh implement a ban on local coaches and assistant coaches for we tuh progress. them fellas too fackin bias.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: September 08, 2010, 05:46:06 AM »
from Hero to Goat......

How did Maturana do with  ah local squad compare to Latapy? Remember that game against Cuba...that local team played some real boss football in that game.

Wim, like or hate him, was the best I've seen in a while where the local players are concerned. We were playing a decent brand under him....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 08, 2010, 07:22:14 AM »
from Hero to Goat......

How did Maturana do with  ah local squad compare to Latapy? Remember that game against Cuba...that local team played some real boss football in that game.

Wim, like or hate him, was the best I've seen in a while where the local players are concerned. We were playing a decent brand under him....

Wim had a good left hook too! :devil:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: September 08, 2010, 10:26:20 AM »
from Hero to Goat......

Wim had a good left hook too! :devil:

Yeah, just ask LP!  :D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:35:03 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: September 08, 2010, 10:27:58 AM »
I have no problem with him using the locals in preperation for the Digicel cup... but what I have a problem with is the absolute joke of local players he continuously uses.

Cupid, Makan, Akeile ??  how many chances do you get?  they have to be the luckiest players in the world...men racking up caps

Keston Williams,Mitchell and Cyrus are raw but have potential...I could understand their place in the squad. We have no CB's in the pro league that better than Makan to push him out the squad? We have no RB and LB ? you serious?

I would go for Akeem Adams at LB as the local selection... boy played in U17 and U20 World Cups and is now of age.. has the quality and youth on his side...time to reward him and get that shitsnake holding the role down out

Primus should be a CB... groom him now because he's going to be important in the campaign....eventually the 3 main CB'S will be Primus, James and Marshall

Curtis Gonsalves(Boyo) can play RB and CB and he is another from the U20 that I have been impressed with

My other problems with Latapy:

1) He seems to be caught up with only attacking and nice knocking etc but what he has failed to do is keep a structure on the field...no shape... we are a mess off the ball.. no high pressure no position so we are opened up easily... on the ball, some good passing but generally we eventually give the ball away because we do not have quality like Barca Arsenal to play pretty football... We need to have " a house" .. which is the style Leo had where we had a foundation (defense) and the rest of the house to keep a structure throughout 90 minutes.... The only way this team can improve under Latapy is if we acquire a defensive coach who can bring that structure to the team...

2) Lac of Motivation : Lets face it he is a zombie...a sleeper.... a trinidad version of Maturana but with gifted feet...only time he up for anything is in bed with a bombshell... but motivator for a team and as a coach? no way in hell.... I think the players have massive respect for him but they treat him like any other local coach because we come across more as a joke and a friendly set up rather than the reactive respect Beenhakker or a foreign coach would receive from a team

3) I dont know why he refuses to change up the squad until he finds what he's looking for from the local  players... Shitload of B internationals and consistently picking the same squad...

I dont think he's the right man for the job...my stance has always been a foreign coach with a Beenhakker mentality..one that can inspire confidence, discipline and the ability to play football with a plan

UNC/COP in power...Jack you have no excuses... Fund the f**king thing... bring in a Coach actually bring in a Staff... get some big friendlies...get this ball rolling

FOR f**k SAKE

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: September 08, 2010, 10:34:32 AM »

No boy!!!!! we doh want no mo locals around we senior team, BC them men will influence the coach tuh pick their favorite players. the TTFF need tuh implement a ban on local coaches and assistant coaches for we tuh progress. them fellas too fackin bias.

This is where I don't agree with you!
We cannot eternally rely on expensive foreign coaches and need to start grooming the best of our local coaches for the top job at some point by them working with foreign coaches as assistants once we bring them in so that our local coaches can learn and improve in their coaching expertise.

Don't forget no team has ever won a World Cup at the highest level of football with a foreign coach!

If the foreign coach is like a Maturana and not strong enough to call all the shots then that coach is clearly not the man for the job and is only in T&T to collect a salary!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:45:24 AM by Socapro »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 08, 2010, 11:01:34 AM »

We cannot eternally rely on expensive foreign coaches and need to start grooming the best of our local coaches for the top job at some point by them working with foreign coaches as assistants once we bring them in so that our local coaches can learn and improve in their coaching expertise.

Don't forget no team has ever won a World Cup at the highest level of football with a foreign coach!

If the foreign coach is like a Maturana and not strong enough to call all the shots then that coach is clearly not the man for the job and is only in T&T to collect a salary!

Problem with our local coaches is that theya re convinced they are on the same level as any foreign coach we bring in, when the results of our local clubs in regional and international competition, and the state of our local players under their tutelage speaks otherwise.  I have a problem with that, becasue our local coaches are VERY behind the game.  This game is now a science, and I don't think any of our local coaches are really in sync with the direction that the game has taken over the last 15-20 years.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: September 08, 2010, 11:12:22 AM »

Problem with our local coaches is that theya re convinced they are on the same level as any foreign coach we bring in, when the results of our local clubs in regional and international competition, and the state of our local players under their tutelage speaks otherwise.  I have a problem with that, becasue our local coaches are VERY behind the game.  This game is now a science, and I don't think any of our local coaches are really in sync with the direction that the game has taken over the last 15-20 years.

Apart from relevant coaching courses, my sugestion of our local coaches assisting the foreign head coaches (without trying to undermine them) is the best & quickest way to get our local coaches in sync with the direction that the game has taken over the last 15-20 years, don't you think?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #913 on: September 08, 2010, 11:23:12 AM »
I have no problem with him using the locals in preperation for the Digicel cup... but what I have a problem with is the absolute joke of local players he continuously uses.

Cupid, Makan, Akeile ??  how many chances do you get?  they have to be the luckiest players in the world...men racking up caps

Keston Williams,Mitchell and Cyrus are raw but have potential...I could understand their place in the squad. We have no CB's in the pro league that better than Makan to push him out the squad? We have no RB and LB ? you serious?

I would go for Akeem Adams at LB as the local selection... boy played in U17 and U20 World Cups and is now of age.. has the quality and youth on his side...time to reward him and get that shitsnake holding the role down out

Primus should be a CB... groom him now because he's going to be important in the campaign....eventually the 3 main CB'S will be Primus, James and Marshall

Curtis Gonsalves(Boyo) can play RB and CB and he is another from the U20 that I have been impressed with

1) He seems to be caught up with only attacking and nice knocking etc but what he has failed to do is keep a structure on the field...no shape... we are a mess off the ball.. no high pressure no position so we are opened up easily... on the ball, some good passing but generally we eventually give the ball away because we do not have quality like Barca Arsenal to play pretty football... We need to have " a house" .. which is the style Leo had where we had a foundation (defense) and the rest of the house to keep a structure throughout 90 minutes.... The only way this team can improve under Latapy is if we acquire a defensive coach who can bring that structure to the team...

2) Lac of Motivation : Lets face it he is a zombie...a sleeper.... a trinidad version of Maturana but with gifted feet...only time he up for anything is in bed with a bombshell... but motivator for a team and as a coach? no way in hell.... I think the players have massive respect for him but they treat him like any other local coach because we come across more as a joke and a friendly set up rather than the reactive respect Beenhakker or a foreign coach would receive from a team

3) I dont know why he refuses to change up the squad until he finds what he's looking for from the local  players... Shitload of B internationals and consistently picking the same squad...

I dont think he's the right man for the job...my stance has always been a foreign coach with a Beenhakker mentality..one that can inspire confidence, discipline and the ability to play football with a plan

UNC/COP in power...Jack you have no excuses... Fund the f**king thing... bring in a Coach actually bring in a Staff... get some big friendlies...get this ball rolling

FOR f**k SAKE

I share your views about Aklie and Makan. I was happy to see Cyrus get the start. How Primus is not in the squad is totally beyond me.AND  I will say it again Akeem Adams is a better footballer than Aklie Edwards.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: September 08, 2010, 11:25:16 AM »

Nah, nah......not that it will happen but let him first tell we where the $80+ million that they get in 2006 gone.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: September 08, 2010, 11:28:48 AM »

Nah, nah......not that it will happen but let him first tell we where the $80+ million that they get in 2006 gone.....

How long u willing 2 wait?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 08, 2010, 06:45:03 PM »
Tell me again why this shithong is we national coach, please remind me?
Cool it nah boy!! since last night yuh singing the same ole song, give it ah rest now nah! we got it, yuh upset and latas is ah sh!t snake, now cool nah bro.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 08, 2010, 06:47:24 PM »
i'm done. I think I edited all the shit i wrote.. but some ppl quoted me so I will leave it up to them. I still feel the same what that will not change until we start grinding out 0-0 against teams in the region or something respectable.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 09, 2010, 01:12:31 PM »

Apart from relevant coaching courses, my sugestion of our local coaches assisting the foreign head coaches (without trying to undermine them) is the best & quickest way to get our local coaches in sync with the direction that the game has taken over the last 15-20 years, don't you think?

Yeah, but our supposedly better local coaches seem unwilling to work under sych arrengements, and that is because they believe they have nothing to learn from the good foreign coaches.  These fellas still in the 60s, 70s, and 80s with their coaching methods, but they think they are right up there with the best.  When last has one of our top local coaches taken a sabbatical and gone to a top club to really study the operations and coaching methods thoroughly? 

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 09, 2010, 01:50:14 PM »

I have thought the same thing on occasions
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 10, 2010, 08:13:09 AM »

FOR f**k SAKE

You drop a best post there Small Mag. Agree on all points.
I think Latapy needs to be an assistant to a highly respected foreign coach for the 2014 campaign, maybe coach a pro league team in the meantime and then take over the reins of the national team afterward. He seems to have some good ideas, but lacks some fundamental tactical knowledge that he can only gain from a veteran.
Mourinho served under Bobby Robson for YEARS before becoming a head coach.

I also think that our scouting department needs to be overhauled.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 10, 2010, 08:20:21 AM »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Agree on the point; using locals in of itself has merits ( consider Mats  success with  locals over Cuba ) and the doors and opportunities which were afforded  to local pros; it is in fact with the quality and the standard of those who are selected.

p.s. in reference to  'scouts' do we even have the $$$$ for that? The only scouts ah remember  were 'mango scouts and sea scouts' maybe that is the problem right there.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 08:31:00 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 11, 2010, 06:16:46 AM »
LEH MEH SATISFY PALOS

HE NEEDS TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 11, 2010, 12:12:59 PM »
Okay, Okay, Lehwee use some psychology dey.

Rename the thread, Save Our Hero Latapy's Reputation"  Is the same thing as fire Latapy. Because that's how his rep will be rescued befor it gets worse.

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 11, 2010, 12:17:56 PM »
Okay, Okay, Lehwee use some psychology dey.

Rename the thread, Save Our Hero Latapy's Reputation"  Is the same thing as fire Latapy. Because that's how his rep will be rescued befor it gets worse.

nice one  ;D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 10, 2010, 05:42:17 PM »
On standby.
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 10, 2010, 06:05:36 PM »
Youtube Channel

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 10, 2010, 06:10:44 PM »
+ on standby in piarco

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 10, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Nah man not yet....he have until Digicel Caribbean Cup.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 10, 2010, 06:16:46 PM »
i cant wait for that torture. Image St. Kitts dropping 5 on we...

1]; } ?>