May 22, 2024, 12:15:51 AM

Author Topic: TTFF Acknowledges Court Judgment  (Read 5651 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF Acknowledges Court Judgment
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2011, 06:52:37 AM »
where the money gone!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2011, 07:05:09 AM »
TTFF making mas
By Fazeer Mohammed (Express).

In this season of the masquerade and (more than usual) inebriation, let's put on a performance that suggests our society is defined, not by a steadfast indifference, but by a culture of accountability.

I know it's stretching the limits of credulity but, anyway, here goes. On the evidence of the past three days, why should anyone feel that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) is deserving of even one red cent of public money?

Here you have an organisation that is more than 100 years old, is charged with the administration of the nation's most popular sport, has been the beneficiary of untold millions–either from the government of the day, the private sector, FIFA or their special adviser–yet is patently incapable of properly accounting for that money.

Critics of the manner of operations of the TTFF have been bemoaning this lack of accountability for years, with no real consequence and certainly no response from the authorities vested with the responsibility of ensuring that any public funding is utilised for its intended purpose.

Indeed, defenders of Jack Warner and the Federation, including the man himself, have generally been dismissive of such claims of impropriety, often parlaying these criticisms as personal attacks motivated by something other than a desire for transparency and accountability.

It is one thing to speculate, to put two and two together and realise that the answer can only be four. But when the TTFF is forced by the order of the courts of the land to finally open its books to scrutiny, at least in relation to one high-profile matter, and those records are found to be grossly inadequate, where is the doubt anymore?

In fact, what is the justification to allow the Federation to continue to function in the manner that it currently does?

Bewilderment is the only way to describe the tone of the reported comments of High Court judge, Justice Devindra Rampersad, in ruling last Friday that the TTFF must make an interim payment of more than $7 million to the 13 footballers who stayed the course in the protracted legal battle with the game's national administration over what they claimed was an agreement that they should receive a 50 per cent share of revenue from Trinidad and Tobago's historic first appearance at a senior FIFA World Cup finals in Germany in 2006.

Hear Justice Rampersad as reported in Saturday's Express:

"I have great issue with the accounts filed and I feel there has been no compliance with the precedent set out...It is totally unaccountable...I find it strange, I have one document from FIFA, why do we not have a final letter from FIFA and Adidas saying this is how much we paid? Lucky or unlucky for you, I have some experience in the accounting field...I cannot understand why it is not accounted for."

Again, there will be more than a handful of citizens offering the goodly Justice a hearty "Welcome Aboard!" to the SS Bewilderment that has attempted, with very little success, to navigate the murky waters of the TTFF's business dealings.

Like the Arab leaders now trying to buy off their enraged citizens with promises of more money and better conditions when what the people really want is transparent, accountable government, it is either that the Federation's hierarchy just don't get it or are pretending that they don't get it.

When TTFF president Ollie Camps states that if Jack doesn't bail them out of this one they "will be forced to file for bankruptcy", he is missing the point completely.

Where the money gone Ollie, where the money gone? Almost nothing in his statement in reponse to the High Court ruling adds up.

Camps states that "...over the years we have been depending almost solely on our benefactor Jack Warner to take care of the financial needs of the Federation."

However in the matter of the 2006 World Cup campaign, didn't Warner and then Sport Minister Roger Boynes make peace in the matter of state funding of the cost of the exercise? Don't you recall the legendary "Yesterday was yesterday, today is today" utterance by the man who is now Works and Transport Minister when it was asked of him as to how he could be on the warpath against Boynes one day and the next morning smiling and shaking hands with the same man?

So if the government then was footing the bill and Jack was continuing to be the generous benefactor, what has become of all the revenue when members of the Johnny-come-lately corporate sector were tripping over themselves to associate with the World Cup-bound squad, to say nothing of the generous assistance given to finalists by FIFA?

Where the money gone Ollie, where the money gone?

At the end of the day, nothing will come of these latest revelations of the lack of accountability at the TTFF...and we all know why.

This is a country that has had it too easy, that has never really had to fight in a meaningful and concerted way for anything. Look, even the Spanish surrendered Trinidad to the British without a fight in 1797. So the prospect of suspension from something as trivial as international football by FIFA if any attempt by well-meaning citizens is made to interfere with the TTFF's operations is enough to have everyone backing off.

This government, which includes Jack, isn't going to intervene anyway, but at least it will be amusing to hear Anil justifying the continued support for a discredited organisation.

Enjoy the masquerade.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 07:53:33 AM »
Fazeer where was this article while dem boys was in d wilderness?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2011, 12:41:15 PM »
Go back. Go back 4 years. On this very site a very few people said this case would turn the tide on Warner & TTFF. Most people laughed, or at least voiced their doubts. Jack is untouchable, they said.

Well now we are seeing (far too late) the Trini press finally asking the questions we wanted asking 4 years ago. "Where the money, Jack?"

The tide is turning and maybe, just maybe, TTFF will be investigated. I know its still a long way off, but Jack is seriously looking at a number of potential personal disasters.

Imagine, he (according to Camps) would have to pay the players US$1.1 million within next 2 weeks.
He will probably have to foot the immense legal fees for TTFF and probably at least 50% of players legal fees.
If the judge is not satisfied this week with the new accounts, an investigation could demand access to all of Jacks personal & business bank accounts from 2005/2006.
Jacks position as Minister of Works will be threatened. (Imagine Rowley rubbing his hands with glee. Look at all of the ammunition he now has:- a minister involved in a financial debacle with possible criminal acts. A government voted in on a manifesto of honesty, transparency and integrity refusing to investigate TTFF/ Warner. An election paid for by Warner, who's finances are under scrutiny? Rowley should demand an investigation of the election funding. Rowley should force Roberts to fully investigate TTFF accounts over last 10 years to discover the mism,anagement of govt funding, suspend any financial support for TTFF pending investigation results and call for resignation of all TTFF officers remaining from 2006)

I feel this will be hot in the news for the next 4 weeks, minimum.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 12:46:01 PM »
Go back. Go back 4 years. On this very site a very few people said this case would turn the tide on Warner & TTFF. Most people laughed, or at least voiced their doubts. Jack is untouchable, they said.

Well now we are seeing (far too late) the Trini press finally asking the questions we wanted asking 4 years ago. "Where the money, Jack?"

The tide is turning and maybe, just maybe, TTFF will be investigated. I know its still a long way off, but Jack is seriously looking at a number of potential personal disasters.

Imagine, he (according to Camps) would have to pay the players US$1.1 million within next 2 weeks.
He will probably have to foot the immense legal fees for TTFF and probably at least 50% of players legal fees.
If the judge is not satisfied this week with the new accounts, an investigation could demand access to all of Jacks personal & business bank accounts from 2005/2006.
Jacks position as Minister of Works will be threatened. (Imagine Rowley rubbing his hands with glee. Look at all of the ammunition he now has:- a minister involved in a financial debacle with possible criminal acts. A government voted in on a manifesto of honesty, transparency and integrity refusing to investigate TTFF/ Warner. An election paid for by Warner, who's finances are under scrutiny? Rowley should demand an investigation of the election funding. Rowley should force Roberts to fully investigate TTFF accounts over last 10 years to discover the mism,anagement of govt funding, suspend any financial support for TTFF pending investigation results and call for resignation of all TTFF officers remaining from 2006)

I feel this will be hot in the news for the next 4 weeks, minimum.

Sorry but I don't hold your enthusiasm. People still sayin Jack fund we football and d judge say he cyah even find d 88 mil dat d last govt gie him. We eh talk bout d other funds yes.

So I wish u were correct.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 12:59:55 PM »
I am not being funny here lads but from the outside this really looks like a pantomime.  

As far as I see it.

TNT got a fair wedge from FIFA and didn't honour the contracts made with the players.
Correct
Warner looked in charge as he did the "maths" via a spreadsheet with the players to justify the "payment". Correct

gave 3? of them hush money and settled. Actually 7 players (most of whom had Mike Berry as an agent, who was also in the position of LOC2006 player liaison officer) settled almost immediately. 3 of the players who brought the case settled after 3 years

He has now distanced himself and doing a Pontius Pilate. Correct

They haven't got any money? TTFF haven't got any money. Warner and Camps are wealthy. Question is, did TTFF money help to make them wealthy?

They can't even pay the current players properly. Correct. And TTFF coaching staff have only received stipends for last 12 months

Do you have a press of any note? Maybe? Until now, only Lasana Liburd has spoken out. Because Warner is so powerful, everyone else is afraid to speak. But now, they're getting braver. There was a big govt scandal recently that the press kept pressing. Maybe they realised that they are capable of attacking the govt without reprisals. And remember, this has been going for nearly 5 years. I don't remember too much outrage from overseas press.

Where has all the money gone? I think we all know the answer to that question.

Why aren't there proper accounts? Because nobody has ever forced Warner/TTFF to produce any. The actual accounts submitted would not pass a a high school test. In fact, they are unrecognisable as accounts. Not even a basic double entry system. LOC only produced an excel spreadsheet!

What happens to football in TNT if they declare bankruptcy?
The regional  associations would be required to elect new officials. Lord knows where funding would come from.
Is all this hassle really worth it to the people, I suspect it has been fairly lucrative to a few individuals by the sound of it.It is essential to the citizens of T&T. This is not about football, its about the beginning of the end of an archaic feudal system where certain people abuse power to the detriment of the majority without concern for their country. This could see the govt collapse, which may not be a good thing immediately, but over the medium term transparency should become standard.

This would be major news and cause a very thorough investigation / outrage in most countries of the world.  Welcome to Trinidad & Tobago! Generally, people don't seem to care. Trinis have many great qualities, but passionate protesting is not one of them.

If they do go bankrupt is that the end of it, all swept under the carpet and start afresh with the same status quo?Possibly, although I don't believe the senior officers would be allowed to be given new senior roles

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:01:50 PM by Football supporter »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 03:10:16 PM »
Ah just doh know how allyuh could siddung deh and let JW get away wid so much alledged teefing,if he turn ut to be the one then let the courts deal wid im in the meantime do what COACH advocate,come out in numbers and show allyuh mean business,TT is not Libya so nobody aint gonna shoot allyuh.I still need more proof that JW teef all that money.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2011, 03:21:28 PM »
Ah just doh know how allyuh could siddung deh and let JW get away wid so much alledged teefing,if he turn ut to be the one then let the courts deal wid im in the meantime do what COACH advocate,come out in numbers and show allyuh mean business,TT is not Libya so nobody aint gonna shoot allyuh.I still need more proof that JW teef all that money.

you right, he did not steal it, he used it for his own personal purposes!!!!!! Or maybe camps used it for his purposes!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2011, 03:36:15 PM »
       Frico,when you say allyuh who you talking about?what happen you taking yourself out?alright when you get proof he steal all that money come back. :devil:

Offline RehanaOmardeenfan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2011, 03:43:42 PM »
Jack is many things...but a criminal he isnt.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2011, 04:39:50 PM »

Interesting comment. Would you care to explain the many things he is? Please include your comments on the 2006 & 2010 World Cup ticket scenarios as well as the infamous ticket incident at Hasely Crawford. While you're there, how about explaining his request to the Scottish FA to have the match fees paid to him personally? Then come up to date with fridays comments by judge Rampersad about missing funds that Jack controlled? Now, it would be wrong to accuse a man without full evidence, so it is wrong to call Jack a criminal, but I'm interested to see your views on all of the above.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2011, 04:51:19 PM »

Interesting comment. Would you care to explain the many things he is? Please include your comments on the 2006 & 2010 World Cup ticket scenarios as well as the infamous ticket incident at Hasely Crawford. While you're there, how about explaining his request to the Scottish FA to have the match fees paid to him personally? Then come up to date with fridays comments by judge Rampersad about missing funds that Jack controlled? Now, it would be wrong to accuse a man without full evidence, so it is wrong to call Jack a criminal, but I'm interested to see your views on all of the above.

Please save your breath... there should be a policy about letting children partake in grown folks' conversations.  Let this 17-year old ignoramus go back to fawning over pre-pubescent girls and let the people who at least have a clue as to what they're talking about continue the discussion.  Sorry Frico, this means you have to ride out too.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2011, 04:57:03 PM »
Coops;
 Allyuh means all we football supporters and all sport loving people of TT,NO MATTER HOW BIG YUH IS PEOPLE POWER CAN DO IT FUH WE
 I, just like you and all we supporters want to see we football back where it belongs and if JW is reason we suffering to-day then we should do everything  to bring him to bear.I living so long in the cold out here and doz still cry fuh dem boys who trying to tek we cross de border,it look like we go ever reach,it doh look like we go ever reach,sumting always holding we back.
Regards mate.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2011, 05:36:17 PM »
TTFF making mas

In this season of the masquerade and (more than usual) inebriation, let's put on a performance that suggests our society is defined, not by a steadfast indifference, but by a culture of accountability.

I know it's stretching the limits of credulity but, anyway, here goes. On the evidence of the past three days, why should anyone feel that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) is deserving of even one red cent of public money?

Here you have an organisation that is more than 100 years old, is charged with the administration of the nation's most popular sport, has been the beneficiary of untold millions–either from the government of the day, the private sector, FIFA or their special adviser–yet is patently incapable of properly accounting for that money.

Critics of the manner of operations of the TTFF have been bemoaning this lack of accountability for years, with no real consequence and certainly no response from the authorities vested with the responsibility of ensuring that any public funding is utilised for its intended purpose.

Indeed, defenders of Jack Warner and the Federation, including the man himself, have generally been dismissive of such claims of impropriety, often parlaying these criticisms as personal attacks motivated by something other than a desire for transparency and accountability.

It is one thing to speculate, to put two and two together and realise that the answer can only be four. But when the TTFF is forced by the order of the courts of the land to finally open its books to scrutiny, at least in relation to one high-profile matter, and those records are found to be grossly inadequate, where is the doubt anymore?

In fact, what is the justification to allow the Federation to continue to function in the manner that it currently does?

Bewilderment is the only way to describe the tone of the reported comments of High Court judge, Justice Devindra Rampersad, in ruling last Friday that the TTFF must make an interim payment of more than $7 million to the 13 footballers who stayed the course in the protracted legal battle with the game's national administration over what they claimed was an agreement that they should receive a 50 per cent share of revenue from Trinidad and Tobago's historic first appearance at a senior FIFA World Cup finals in Germany in 2006.

"I have great issue with the accounts filed and I feel there has been no compliance with the precedent set out...It is totally unaccountable...I find it strange, I have one document from FIFA, why do we not have a final letter from FIFA and Adidas saying this is how much we paid? Lucky or unlucky for you, I have some experience in the accounting field...I cannot understand why it is not accounted for."

Again, there will be more than a handful of citizens offering the goodly Justice a hearty "Welcome Aboard!" to the SS Bewilderment that has attempted, with very little success, to navigate the murky waters of the TTFF's business dealings.

Like the Arab leaders now trying to buy off their enraged citizens with promises of more money and better conditions when what the people really want is transparent, accountable government, it is either that the Federation's hierarchy just don't get it or are pretending that they don't get it.

When TTFF president Ollie Camps states that if Jack doesn't bail them out of this one they "will be forced to file for bankruptcy", he is missing the point completely.

Where the money gone Ollie, where the money gone? Almost nothing in his statement in reponse to the High Court ruling adds up.

Camps states that "...over the years we have been depending almost solely on our benefactor Jack Warner to take care of the financial needs of the Federation."

However in the matter of the 2006 World Cup campaign, didn't Warner and then Sport Minister Roger Boynes make peace in the matter of state funding of the cost of the exercise? Don't you recall the legendary "Yesterday was yesterday, today is today" utterance by the man who is now Works and Transport Minister when it was asked of him as to how he could be on the warpath against Boynes one day and the next morning smiling and shaking hands with the same man?

So if the government then was footing the bill and Jack was continuing to be the generous benefactor, what has become of all the revenue when members of the Johnny-come-lately corporate sector were tripping over themselves to associate with the World Cup-bound squad, to say nothing of the generous assistance given to finalists by FIFA?

At the end of the day, nothing will come of these latest revelations of the lack of accountability at the TTFF...and we all know why.

This is a country that has had it too easy, that has never really had to fight in a meaningful and concerted way for anything. Look, even the Spanish surrendered Trinidad to the British without a fight in 1797. So the prospect of suspension from something as trivial as international football by FIFA if any attempt by well-meaning citizens is made to interfere with the TTFF's operations is enough to have everyone backing off.

This government, which includes Jack, isn't going to intervene anyway, but at least it will be amusing to hear Anil justifying the continued support for a discredited organisation.

Enjoy the masquerade.

Serious article from Fazeer. Nothing short of demanding a full inquiry is warranted. Anybody who say otherwise, watch dem good.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2011, 07:05:50 PM »
TTFF making mas

Enjoy the masquerade.

Serious article from Fazeer. Nothing short of demanding a full inquiry is warranted. Anybody who say otherwise, watch dem good.

My issue is wit d timing dat is a waggonist article.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2011, 07:31:53 PM »
TIME TO ACT
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2011, 12:19:36 PM »
Aside from being on BBC website, the journalist, Leon Mann spoke about the case on BBC World News TV to an audience of 80 million worldwide. Should create a bit of interest. In case the name seems familiar, Leon worked for "Lets kick racism out of football" and was at the FPATT fundraiser in Hackney, helping to coordinate the event, so has had a long interest in the case.http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=26201.msg294486#msg294486

Trinidad & Tobago players to get 2006 World Cup cash 
By Leon Mann
BBC sports news reporter 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9412688.stm

Hislop says the verdict puts Jack Warner in the spotlight
The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation will be ordered to pay 13 members of its 2006 World Cup squad an interim payment of more than $1m.

The players took legal action against the federation after claiming it reneged on a promise to pay them 50% of its proceeds from the tournament.

Trinidad's High Court will rule on Friday that an interim payment must be made to the players.

It will also order the TTFF to submit its accounts for scrutiny.

TTFF president Oliver Camps has already indicated that his organisation will honour the judgment and pay the players the total of $1.14m (£700,720).

"In an effort to bring closure to this matter, I am of the view the TTFF will honour this, in spite of the fact that we will have to borrow the money to do so," he said.

There is no smoke without fire - and given how poorly the TTFF have handled their finances everybody has to sit up and take notice of the smoke

Shaka Hislop
Former T&T goalkeeper
The TTFF's chairman in 2006 was Jack Warner, the Fifa vice president and president of Concacaf, and the players claim he personally promised them 50% of the World Cup proceeds.

Warner is now a special adviser to the TTFF and minister of works and transport for the Trinidad government.

Former West Ham and Newcastle goalkeeper Shaka Hislop was one of the players who brought the case against the TTFF.

He welcomed the decision of the Trinidad High Court and said it calls into question Warner's position as a senior administrator in world football.

"A lot has been speculated about Jack Warner and what he does - rightly or wrongly," Hislop told BBC Sport.

"I'm a firm believer that you are innocent until proven guilty. But at the same time there is no smoke without fire.

"Given how poorly the TTFF have handled their finances over the last decade, everybody has to now sit up and take notice of the smoke."

Brent Sancho, the former Millwall and Gillingham defender, was another player who took on the TTFF.

He has not played for his country since helping to bring the case against the TTFF and has described the process as "an absolute nightmare".

Warner is now a government minister in Trinidad
"If you look at the history of the Federation's actions, they've been using delaying tactics at every opportunity in this case." he told BBC Sport.

"I was blacklisted from the national side when I stood up to the federation and asked for the money they had promised. Without international football I had no shop window to further my career.

"In truth it effectively ended my career. I'm now worried about what happens with football in the country. I want progress but with the serious levels of mismanagement that have taken place at the Federation, where do we go from here?"

London's Sport Dispute Resolution Panel ruled in favour of the players in May 2008, but the TTFF refused to pay, claiming the players had broken a gag order on the ruling.

As a result the case went to Trinidad's High Court in the capital, Port of Spain.

Hislop also welcomed the decision to order the TTFF to submit its books for scrutiny.

"It's important, because of Jack Warner's appointment as minister of transport and work, his political ties and the fact his party won an election on a platform of accountability and transparency," he said.

"We've said all along 'now is your opportunity to prove it'. It wasn't just about the 2006 campaign - we feel that the TTFF have not been transparent or accountable for far too long."

The TTFF was not available for comment when contacted by the

« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:31:03 PM by Football supporter »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2011, 01:10:39 PM »
Aside from being on BBC website, the journalist, Leon Mann spoke about the case on BBC World News TV to an audience of 80 million worldwide. Should create a bit of interest. In case the name seems familiar, Leon worked for "Lets kick racism out of football" and was at the FPATT fundraiser in Hackney, helping to coordinate the event, so has had a long interest in the case.http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=26201.msg294486#msg294486

Trinidad & Tobago players to get 2006 World Cup cash 
By Leon Mann
BBC sports news reporter 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9412688.stm

Hislop says the verdict puts Jack Warner in the spotlight
The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation will be ordered to pay 13 members of its 2006 World Cup squad an interim payment of more than $1m.

The players took legal action against the federation after claiming it reneged on a promise to pay them 50% of its proceeds from the tournament.

Trinidad's High Court will rule on Friday that an interim payment must be made to the players.

It will also order the TTFF to submit its accounts for scrutiny.

TTFF president Oliver Camps has already indicated that his organisation will honour the judgment and pay the players the total of $1.14m (£700,720).

"In an effort to bring closure to this matter, I am of the view the TTFF will honour this, in spite of the fact that we will have to borrow the money to do so," he said.

There is no smoke without fire - and given how poorly the TTFF have handled their finances everybody has to sit up and take notice of the smoke

Shaka Hislop
Former T&T goalkeeper
The TTFF's chairman in 2006 was Jack Warner, the Fifa vice president and president of Concacaf, and the players claim he personally promised them 50% of the World Cup proceeds.

Warner is now a special adviser to the TTFF and minister of works and transport for the Trinidad government.

Former West Ham and Newcastle goalkeeper Shaka Hislop was one of the players who brought the case against the TTFF.

He welcomed the decision of the Trinidad High Court and said it calls into question Warner's position as a senior administrator in world football.

"A lot has been speculated about Jack Warner and what he does - rightly or wrongly," Hislop told BBC Sport.

"I'm a firm believer that you are innocent until proven guilty. But at the same time there is no smoke without fire.

"Given how poorly the TTFF have handled their finances over the last decade, everybody has to now sit up and take notice of the smoke."

Brent Sancho, the former Millwall and Gillingham defender, was another player who took on the TTFF.

He has not played for his country since helping to bring the case against the TTFF and has described the process as "an absolute nightmare".

Warner is now a government minister in Trinidad
"If you look at the history of the Federation's actions, they've been using delaying tactics at every opportunity in this case." he told BBC Sport.

"I was blacklisted from the national side when I stood up to the federation and asked for the money they had promised. Without international football I had no shop window to further my career.

"In truth it effectively ended my career. I'm now worried about what happens with football in the country. I want progress but with the serious levels of mismanagement that have taken place at the Federation, where do we go from here?"

London's Sport Dispute Resolution Panel ruled in favour of the players in May 2008, but the TTFF refused to pay, claiming the players had broken a gag order on the ruling.

As a result the case went to Trinidad's High Court in the capital, Port of Spain.

Hislop also welcomed the decision to order the TTFF to submit its books for scrutiny.

"It's important, because of Jack Warner's appointment as minister of transport and work, his political ties and the fact his party won an election on a platform of accountability and transparency," he said.

"We've said all along 'now is your opportunity to prove it'. It wasn't just about the 2006 campaign - we feel that the TTFF have not been transparent or accountable for far too long."

The TTFF was not available for comment when contacted by the

NICENESS

1]; } ?>