March 05, 2024, 05:44:52 AM

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - TriniCana

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
We lost all these icons in their own right this weekend.

Rev Paul - Prostate Cancer
Rolf Warner - Massive heart attack
Eulalie James - Cancer (to confirm)
Geraldine O'Conner - pending

May their souls Rest In Peace.

Jokes / Funeral - Cape Town Wellington
« on: October 21, 2011, 07:13:15 PM »

Jokes / Jamaicans Protesting in front of the White House
« on: June 27, 2011, 04:10:30 PM »
I want to dead here :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Entertainment & Culture Discussion / Wayne Berkeley
« on: June 09, 2011, 07:05:48 PM »
Another legend has left us......Rest in Peace Sailor man!!

Cricket Anyone / Joey Carew
« on: January 09, 2011, 01:07:09 PM »
....just got word that he as passed!

Condolences to his family and friends!

General Discussion / Rest In Peace - Sir Ellis Clarke
« on: December 30, 2010, 07:18:50 PM »
Just heard he passed away this afternoon (Thursday 30th December 2010)

Jokes / The Balloon
« on: December 24, 2010, 08:23:38 AM »
A little boy blows up a balloon and starts flicking it all around the house with his finger. 
His mother tells him to  stop it as he's liable to break something, but the boy continues.

"Johnny!" Mom screams. "Knock it the hell're going to break something."  He stops and eventually Mom leaves for a short trip to the shopping center.  Johnny starts up with the balloon again after his mom has left for the store...

He gives it one last flick and it lands in the toilet where he leaves it.  Mom comes in and while putting away the groceries gets the urge...
A diarrhea run.

She can hardly make it to the toilet in time and SPLASH, out it comes.  When she's finished, she looks down and can't believe what she's seeing. 
She's not sure what this big brown thing  is in the toilet! She calls her doctor. The doctor is baffled as she describes the situation, but he assures her he'll be over shortly to examine everything.

When he arrives she leads him to the bathroom and he
gets down on his knees and takes a long, hard look at the thing. 
Finally, he takes out his pen and sort of touches it to see what it might be and POP! The balloon explodes and poop is everywhere. 
On him, the walls, etc. "Doctor! Doctor! Are you all right?" she asks. 

He says, "I've been in this business for over 30 years and this is the first time I've ever actually seen a fart !"

Entertainment & Culture Discussion / Smokey McKenzie....
« on: December 21, 2010, 09:19:39 PM »
of Smokey and Bunty, passed away today.
From what I heard, he was ailing for some time.

Had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times during my visits at his establishment.
Humble fella!

RIP Smokes :(

General Discussion / Former President Sir Ellis Clarke
« on: November 25, 2010, 04:56:49 PM »
has reportedly suffered a (massive stroke) or (heart attack)...... and is hospitalized.

I'm sure the locals will continue this thread.
Prayers going out to the President.

Jokes / Only in Trinidad!!
« on: September 23, 2010, 03:50:05 PM »

General Discussion / US mother finds abducted daughter on Facebook
« on: June 12, 2010, 10:56:55 AM »

By Gillian Flaccus, The Associated Press

MONTCLAIR, Calif. - Prince Sagala desperately searched for her son and daughter for 15 years, fearing she had lost them forever to the estranged husband who took them to his native Mexico.

Her fears were replaced by joy when she typed her daughter's name into Facebook on a library computer and discovered that her children, now 16 and 17, were safe and with their father. She soon learned they were living near Disney World in Florida.

But in a span of days, a mother eagerly hoping for a happy reunion realized another nightmare was just beginning: they didn't want her. And for her children, their father was suddenly in jail and their life outside Orlando was turned upside down.

"She thought I was a stranger woman," Sagala said, with hurt and frustration in her voice. "I wrote back and she deleted it. Then, she disappeared."

Authorities tracked down the children and arrested their father, Faustino Fernandez Utrera, 42, on kidnapping and child custody charges on May 26. Sagala is now racing to regain custody of her children before they turn 18 and she loses them to adulthood.

Florida authorities have temporarily placed the children with a non-relative whom the pair know and set a hearing for later this month.

"This has been so traumatic for them. The father, the only person they've known as a parent, is now in jail. When they have children of their own, when they're 25, 26, 27 years of age, it's going to dawn on them what their mother lost," Montclair police Detective Debbie Camou said.

"You can't fault them for what they feel," she said.

Utrera did not respond to a request for a jailhouse interview. Florida authorities did not know if he had retained an attorney.

As he fights extradition to California, authorities on Wednesday detailed the couple's marital problems, Sagala's attempts to reach her children and how she and authorities used Facebook to achieve what experts say was a rare success in the search for missing kids online.

The couple was contemplating divorce in 1995 when Sagala returned from work to find the children, then 3 and 2, gone, Camou said.

Sagala, 43, later learned through his relatives in Mexico City that her husband was there with the children and didn't intend to come back, Camou said. "At that time, she was afraid to go to Mexico because he had threatened her," she said.

Police eventually referred the investigation to the San Bernardino County District Attorney's office, following the department's policy, but the probe stalled. Police followed up with Sagala three times in the intervening years.

During this time, authorities recently learned, Utrera moved to Florida with his children and got a drivers license using a fake name. It's unclear how long the three had been in Florida when Sagala found the Facebook page.

Meanwhile, Sagala raised two younger children she had with a man she said she married three years after Utrera fled and with whom she now lives on a quiet residential street in this city about 35 miles (56 kilometres) east of Los Angeles. It's not clear if she ever divorced Utrera.

But she always hoped to reunite with her older children. On a visit to a neighbourhood library in March, Sagala had one of her children enter her daughter's name into Facebook and her page popped up.

On March 10, she began exchanging emails and chatting with her daughter, and hoped to get her to reveal where she lived and re-establish a bond.

Sagala said she sent an old family photo to the teen, but her daughter broke it off, saying in an email that she was happy with her family and that she'd heard bad things about her.

Sagala alerted police, who used the names of friends on the daughter's page to track the girl to central Florida — and her high school. Sagala gave police copies of emails she exchanged with her daughter, which helped prosecutors build their case against Utrera.

Utrera and the children had been living with another woman whom the children apparently considered a mother figure, said Kurt Rowley, who is prosecuting the case in California.

Once prosecutors said they had enough to charge Utrera, Florida deputies arrested him as he waited at a bus stop to bring his son from school. The Florida attorney handling Sagala's custody case did not return repeated calls for comment.

When Utrera was arrested, the family was living in a permanent mobile home on a palm-lined street of neatly trimmed lawns in Davenport, Florida.

Even with the array of websites frequented by teens, discoveries like Sagala's are rare because abducted children's lives are so closely monitored by the offending parent that they can't easily get online, said Robert Lowery of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

"These children were gone for 15 years, so you have to believe that the offending parent here probably let his guard down," he said.

For now, Sagala is trying to sort out the pieces of her children's past. Her younger kids, she said, helped her stay strong.

Then, with a sad smile, she summed up what she's missed with the older ones: "Every single day."

They go in 3s  :(

New York (CNN) -- Emmy-winning "Golden Girls" actress Rue McClanahan died of a stroke in a New York hospital early Thursday, her manager said. She was 76.

McClanahan's family surrounded her bed when she died at New York Presbyterian Hospital, according to manager Barbara Lawrence.

The actress' career began on the New York stage in the 1950s, but her long television career was first boosted when producer Norman Lear cast McClanahan in his hit CBS series "All in the Family" in 1971. She appeared in Lear's "Maude" a year later.

Her most memorable TV role was as Southern belle Blanche Devereaux on "The Golden Girls," which ran from 1985 through 1992. McClanahan won an Emmy for best lead actress in a comedy in 1987.

Betty White is the last surviving member of the four "Golden Girls" stars. Estelle Getty passed away in 2008, and Bea Arthur died last year.  Betty you better watch ya arse!

McClanahan's last comedic TV role was in an episode of Tyler Perry's "Meet the Browns," taped in 2009.

She carried the Devereaux character to three other TV series, including "The Golden Palace," "Empty Nest" and "Nurses."

She was married six times and had one child. Her son, Mark Bish, was born in 1958 during a brief first marriage.

Her present marriage to Morrow Wilson, starting in 1997, was her longest. Her book "My First Five Husbands ... And the Ones Who Got Away" was published in 2007.

McClanahan was born in Healdton, Oklahoma, on February 21, 1934, to parents with Scottish and native American heritage

Entertainment & Culture Discussion / World's smallest man dies
« on: March 16, 2010, 10:01:05 AM »
 :'( :'( Oh gawd Pingping...why why  :'( :'(

He Pingping, recognized as the world’s smallest man by Guinness World Records, died during the weekend, Guinness said on its Web site.

The 21-year-old native of China was measured at 2 feet, 5.37 inches tall by Guinness in March 2008, the record keepers said.

He was on visit to Italy to appear on a records show when he died, Guinness said. Autopsy results were pending, but Guinness said it was suspected He died of a heart condition.

“Pingping showed us that, despite the challenges we face, we can still make the most out of life, and for such a small man, he made a huge impact around the world,” said Guinness World Records Editor-in-Chief Craig Glenday.

Guinness said it plans a special tribute to He in its next edition and was researching who becomes the world’s smallest man with He’s death

General Discussion / The Monkey
« on: March 04, 2010, 08:56:14 AM »
Monkey on the loose in Florida shakes off drug darts, evades captors for over a year
Published: Thursday, March 4, 2010 | 9:12 AM ET
Canadian Press THE ASSOCIATED PRESS [/b]

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - A monkey that has eluded capture in the Tampa Bay area for more than a year has again escaped from Florida wildlife officials.

Authorities were called to a neighbourhood in St. Petersburg on Wednesday when the rhesus macaque monkey was spotted. It was twice hit with tranquilizer darts, but still got away by ducking behind a drug store and a church.

Wildlife rehabilitator Vernon Yates told The Tampa Tribune that the tranquilizers don't appear to affect the animal, though officials have increased the dosage each time they've used the drug on the monkey.

Yates says the monkey is smart, even stopping to check traffic before crossing a busy street.   :rotfl: :rotfl:

Officials didn't say how the monkey got loose. They say it isn't considered a threat to humans.

Teachers' Lap Dance Video Sparks Uproar at Canadian High School
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 
Fox News

Teachers performa a lap dance that sparked an investigation at a Winnipeg school.
Two teachers' performance of a dirty dance at a Canadian high school rally has led to their suspension without pay, The Globe and Mail reported.

After footage of the graphic lap dance was posted online, the Winnipeg School Division launched an investigation into the incident at Churchill High School.

The video, "Two Teachers, One Chair," features physical education instructor Chrystie Fitchner and an unidentified male teacher in a sexually explicit routine that had students turn from laughter to disbelief.

"At first we were laughing and then it was like, ‘Oh that's a little too far,'" The Globe and Mail quoted 14-year-old Freshman Saigha Vincent.

Winnipeg school trustee Mike Babinsky expressed his outrage at the teachers' behavior, and said he will wait for the results of the investigation before deciding whether to lobby for further disciplinary action, The Globe and Mail reported.

"He is sticking his head into her crotch, into her private area," Babinsky told The Globe and Mail on Tuesday. "I don't know if they're making contact, but it's way too close."

Thirteen-year-old student Montana Fortier said the "whole school was rattled" after the assembly.

Click here to read more on this story and watch the video at

General Discussion / Woman gets community service for exposing breasts
« on: February 20, 2010, 12:24:46 AM »
Woman gets community service for exposing breasts
...fined $150 for cursing
Nikita Braxton South Bureau

THE woman charged with bearing her breasts for Carnival was yesterday sentenced to 240 hours of community service.

Kamala Ramkissoon, 43, of Cocoyea, changed her previous not guilty plea and yesterday admitted to the charges that she willfully and obscenely exposed her person and used obscene language.

The incident occurred on Carnival Monday at Harris Promenade, San Fernando.

As police prosecutor Ramdath Phillip read the facts of the case yesterday at the San Fernando Magistrates’ Court, Ramkissoon at times appeared surprised.

When arrested, she told WPC Maria Maharaj, of the San Fernando City Police, ’This is Jouvert and I having a good time. I could do what I want and I have nice breasts.’

Ramkissoon opened her mouth wide, then bent and shook her head when this was read. She also reacted when Phillip read that she had made derogatory remarks about Magistrate Alicia Chankar when she was arrested.

Attorney Mewahlal Chatoor denied his client made any such comments against the sitting magistrate. ’Nobody would have known she would have come to court before you,’ Chatoor said.

He produced two newspaper clippings: one of Ramkissoon when she was held on Carnival Monday, and another of an unnamed topless woman covered in body paint.

Of the second picture, Chatoor said, ’All her boobs exposed, she was not charged.’

He said there were many other people who could have been charged for indecent exposure for Carnival. He asked that Ramkissoon be allowed to walk free.

A tearful Ramkissoon apologised for her actions, adding it was not a purposeful act. ’I didn’t know if I was pulling the top up or down. I am very sorry,’ she said.

As Ramkissoon spoke, she constantly placed her hands on her chest.

’Stop touching them. They not going anywhere. We must all be proud of our bodies. You needed to contain yourself,’ the magistrate said.

She fined Ramkissoon $150 for cursing. The money had to be paid immediately or Ramkissoon would serve 15 days’ simple imprisonment.

Ramkissoon was also ordered to perform 240 hours of community service for exposing her breasts. The type of service is to be determined by that department. Should she fail to complete the stipulated time, she will have to return to court for sentencing.

Magistrate Chankar advised, ’Going out there and doing something worthwhile, you will appreciate yourself more. Nobody say you can’t wear your costume, but you must respect yourself as a woman and as a person.’

General Discussion / MANNING MUM ON CHURCH
« on: February 20, 2010, 12:22:45 AM »
Jack charges Chinese building private structure:
Juhel Browne

Opposition Chief Whip Jack Warner displayed a large photograph in the Parliament yesterday, of what he claims is a ’private church’ being built by Chinese workers from Shanghai, and asked Prime Minister Patrick Manning if it is being built with taxpayers’ money.

Warner claimed the church is being built in the Heights of Guanapo, east of Arima.

He made the allegation during yesterday’s sitting of the House of Representatives at the Red House, Port of Spain, during his contribution to the debate on the bill meant to establish the controversial Trinidad and Tobago Revenue Authority (TTRA).

The allegation came in response to comments made earlier in the debate by Culture Minister, Marlene McDonald, that the legislation will allow the Government to capture the revenue it is losing from the existing system that governs tax and duties collection.

Warner said he had received the photograph in his ’small post box’ after he returned home from a trip abroad on Thursday.

’Mr Speaker, this picture, I’m told, is a picture of a church being built in Guanapo Heights by some Shanghai Chinese. I’m told, Mr Speaker, I ask the question, this is the issue, I ask the question, is this where the money is designed to go,’ Warner said.

He then said ’if’ the information he received is correct ’can the Prime Minister’ confirm or deny it.

’Can the PM tell this House whether, of course, ... he knows anything about this church. Mr Prime Minister, can you tell us, please?’ Warner asked.

Manning did not rise to his feet to respond.

’Oh you wouldn’t answer, okay,’ Warner said.

He later alleged the church is being built with taxpayers’ money.

’Tell us, Mr Prime Minister, if it is not taxpayers’ money, with whose money? Tell us?’ Warner asked.

Again, Manning did not respond.

Speaking to reporters during the tea-break of yesterday’s Lower House sitting, Warner recalled Manning had once said he planned to take up preaching after politics.

On October 13, 2006, Manning revealed his plan to preach when his political career comes to an end in an article written by Marie Y. Thibault, editor-in-chief of The Tech, the newspaper of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston, USA.

The interview was published in the form of a Q&A and near the end of it, Thibault, who is identified as TT (The Tech), asked Manning, who is identified as PM, what he intended to do after his political career has ended. Manning told Thibault that his life in politics had motivated him to become a full-time preacher. He also told The Tech that he would not die in office.

Warner told reporters yesterday that the site where the alleged church is being built already has security on it.

’I know the guy (who sent him the photograph) went to get pictures, they have security who ran them off ... from the land. In fact, they got T&TEC connection which they should not have gotten, which they were instructed to be given connection and all these things I was told in a letter in my postbox,’ Warner said.

He said Manning’s lack of response to his questions about it in the Parliament has raised even more questions about the structure.

’He has me now thinking some more. All he had to do, I was giving him a chance to answer, all he had to do was stand up and say that is not correct, that it is a nonsense, it is a fabrication, it is arrant nonsense and all he had to do was tell me all of that and I would have sat down. I gave him a chance to say so and the fact that he didn’t respond now, of course, put some bells on me and now I will send back an official person to investigate and get some pictures,’ Warner said.

General Discussion / Thieves hit Lara for $1m
« on: February 04, 2010, 08:41:23 AM »
Thieves hit Lara for $1m
Akile Simon
Published: 4 Feb 2010
Trinidad Guardian
Six people have been arrested by police in connection with the disappearance of a safe containing close to $1 million in cash and jewelry from the Lady Chancellor mansion of international batting superstar Brian Charles Lara. Police said more than 40 VVIP tickets for the upcoming B3 Beyonce I AM concert at Queen’s Park Savannah, Port-of-Spain, a short distance from Lara’s home, were also stolen. The cost of a VVIP ticket for the concert, scheduled to take place on February 18, is $1,600. The vault also contained personal items belonging to Lara. Police said the theft was discovered during the early hours of yesterday morning by Lara, fondly referred to as the Prince of Port-of-Spain. Investigators are working on the theory that it was in inside job. Sources close to the investigation said there were no signs of a break-in at Lara’s home.

Police said the safe was removed sometime between 4 pm on Tuesday and 2.20 am yesterday. Investigators said what astonished them was the fact that it appeared the safe was stolen while Lara was asleep in the TV room. “It has to be people who knew exactly where to go, and they knew what they were looking for...They timed him very well before making their move,” a police source said. Three of the six suspects questioned by police have been released, pending further investigations. Up to late yesterday, the other suspects were being questioned by detectives. The homes of the suspects have been searched by a team of detectives from the St Clair and Port-of-Spain CID. Crime scene investigators also visited Lara’s house yesterday in an attempt to secure fingerprints.

Police said the vault, which was in a bedroom, was last seen by Lara around 4 pm on Tuesday. Lara told investigators that around 8 pm, he was watching television in the TV room when he fell asleep. He said he got up around 2 am and discovered the vault missing. A report was made and officers arrived at the scene and began investigations. Police said it was not the first time Lara has suffered at the hands of thieves at his home. Investigators are also working on the theory that thieves were after the cash and jewelry, since the VVIP Beyonce tickets were bar-coded and were of no use to them. Attempts to contact Lara for comment yesterday proved futile, as calls to his cellphone went unanswered.

General Discussion / Murderers!!!
« on: January 29, 2010, 12:17:39 PM »
I just don't know what is happening with today's generation. Is it too much TV, cable, Xbox, internet? Where is the rage and lack of self control coming from? 

14-year old Admits Killing Parents in Dispute Over Chores
4:00 PM PST, January 26, 2010

MONTE VISTA, Colo. - A 14-year-old boy told investigators he killed his mother and stepfather because he didn't want to do household chores, then spent the evening watching movies and playing on a computer.

Authorities have charged John Caudle as an adult in the Oct. 26 slayings of 34-year-old Joanne Rinebarger and 38-year-old Tracy Rinebarger.

In an arrest affidavit, Caudle told investigators he took two .22 caliber pistols from a gun safe and shot his mother after the two argued over taking out the trash.

Caudle said he then hid in a laundry room and shot his stepfather when he walked past a short time later.

The boy went to school the next morning before fleeing in the family pickup truck.

Authorities have charged Caudle as an adult in the slayings. He faces two counts of first-degree murder.

Caudle is scheduled in court Feb. 2.

'Werewolf' Teenager Admits To Beheading Dog

SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- A San Antonio teenager who believes she's a werewolf admits to beheading a dog in her kitchen, but she claims the dog was already dead.

Sarah Rodriguez, 18, prefers to be called "Wolfie Blackheart." She wears a tail, a collar and a harness. After a picture of a beheaded dog in her kitchen hit the internet, animal rights groups in Texas are crying foul. The San Antonio Express reports that Rodriguez said the dog was already dead and she was preserving the dog's head for a friend.

"I didn't kill any animal," Rodriguez said. "I wouldn't, like I said. I'd be more likely to hurt a human than a dog any day. And even then not really possible. I'm pretty friendly."

Investigators are waiting to find out exactly how that dog died. In the meantime, detectives are looking into complaints that she has too many dogs that live in unsanitary conditions.
Copyright © 2010, WDAF-TV

Teen Gets 16 Years To Life For Killing Mother With Hammer

SAN DIEGO -- A teenage girl who admitted beating her adoptive mother to death with a claw hammer when she was 14 has been given 16 years to life in state prison.

Sixteen-year-old Heather Marie D'Aoust was sentenced Wednesday in Superior Court.

Prosecutors say D'Aoust, who has serious psychological problems, stuck her adoptive mother at least 15 times with the hammer in the kitchen of their Scripps Ranch home in May 2008.

Rebecca D'Aoust, 56, died at a hospital.

Authorities said D'Aoust and her mother argued the day before the killing after the woman walked in on her daughter and a friend engaging in sexual activity.

An FBI agent testified that the teen's cell phone had a text message about her plans to kill her mother.

The teen pleaded guilty last month to second-degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon.


And then the mothers

Mom Accused of Having Nightly Sex with Young Son

OMAHA, Neb. -- A 41-year-old Nebraska woman is accused of having sex nightly with her teenage son when he was in seventh and eighth grades, officials said Wednesday.

Omaha Police said the now 15-year-old boy reported the alleged abuse last week to a counselor, who notified authorities.

The boy told police his mother was addicted to prescription drugs when the alleged abuse took place in 2008 and 2009 while he lived with her in Omaha.

The woman, who now lives in Fort Calhoun, was arrested Monday, according to Officer Michael Pecha. She made an initial appearance Wednesday in Douglas County Court and her bond was set at $30,000.

The Associated Press is not identifying the woman to protect her son's identity as a possible victim of sexual assault.

The teen has a younger brother, but authorities do not suspect the younger boy suffered any abuse, Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine said.

The boy's father told Omaha television station WOWT this week that he had previously had a feeling something was wrong, but didn't learn about the alleged abuse until a few weeks ago. He said his son is receiving counseling.

The woman will be represented by the Douglas County public defender's office, but an attorney wasn't to be assigned to her case until Thursday. A preliminary hearing to discuss details of the charge against her was scheduled for Feb. 8.

Court records show the woman pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor after being charged in January 2009 with intentionally violating narcotics laws. The Washington County Sheriff's office said the woman had been trying to fill 15 different prescriptions from seven different doctors for 468 pills of the sleep aid Ambien or its generic equivalent.

The woman was sentenced to one year probation and ordered to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings as part of a deal with prosecutors.
Copyright © 2010, KTLA-TV, Los Angeles


Cops: Mom Forced Son to Kill Hamster With Hammer
WARM SPRINGS, Ga. - WARM SPRINGS, Ga. -- A Georgia woman is in jail after police say she forced her son to kill his pet hamster with a hammer as punishment for bad grades.

The sheriff of rural Meriwether County told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Thursday that the 12-year-old boy told his teacher about the killing. The teacher reported it to the Division of Family and Child Services, who contacted police.

Sheriff Steve Whitlock said 38-year-old Lynn Middlebrooks Geter of Warm Springs faces one charge each of animal cruelty, child cruelty and battery.

The sheriff's office said she remained in the Meriwether County jail early Friday. It was not immediately known if she had a lawyer.

Meriwether County is located about 90 minutes southwest of Atlanta.

When allyuh go learn never lie to ah outside woman? ;D  We does talk plenty and like ah picture  :rotfl:

New York (CNN) -- The former mistress of a married man has taken their relationship public in a big way -- a series of giant billboards of the happy couple erected in New York, San Francisco and Atlanta.
New Yorkers passing through midtown Manhattan this week saw the smiling faces of "Charles and YaVaughnie" beaming down upon them from one of two billboards in the city with the caption reading, "You are my soulmate forever! - cep."

A URL on the billboards led curious visitors to a Web site containing personal photo albums featuring the couple at public and private events with friends and family. It also contained love notes from Charles E. Phillips to YaVaughnie Wilkins.

Phillips, 50, the co-president of Oracle Corp., admitted the affair with Wilkins, 42, in a statement released by his spokeswoman Friday.

""I had an 8˝-year serious relationship with YaVaughnie Wilkins," the statement said. "My divorce proceedings began in 2008. The relationship with Ms. Wilkins has since ended and we both wish each other well."
Phillips is reportedly still married to his wife, Karen, and the two have a son together.

Wilkins declined to speak directly to the media, instead fielding requests through her cousin Misha Davila, who told CNN the Web site was created as a gift from Wilkins for Phillips' 50th birthday.
The billboards were an attempt by Wilkins to reclaim her version of her relationship with Phillips among friends and family -- not an act of revenge, Davila said.

By Friday, at least one New York billboard had been removed and the Web site was no longer active. The status of similar billboards in San Francisco was unclear. Two ads in Atlanta have also been removed, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Friday.

Davila said Wilkins refuses to be cast as the "other woman."
According to Davila, Wilkins had been under the impression that Phillips' divorce was finalized in 2003.
"Their relationship was always very public and open. He went to family events, she has traveled with him," Davila said

But late last summer, Davila said, Wilkins received an anonymous e-mail tip about Phillips' marital status. Hiring a private investigator, she learned that Phillips was still married. She ended her relationship with him in October 2009.
Bela Kovacs, the designer of the Web site, told CNN he was commissioned to create it by Wilkins last summer. It "launched sometime in October," Kovacs said in an e-mail.

Phillips, who has served on President Obama's economic recovery advisory board since February, joined Oracle in 2003. Prior to that, he worked as a tech industry analyst at Morgan Stanley and served as a captain in the U.S. Marine Corps.

Often talked of as a potential successor to Oracle founder and CEO Larry Ellison, Phillips is one of the software company's most senior and highly paid excecutives. On top of an $800,000 salary for 2009, he took home stock options and other compensation valued by Oracle at more than $18 million.

R&B singer Teddy Pendergrass has died at age 59, CNN has confirmed.

(CNN) -- R&B legend Teddy Pendergrass died Wednesday evening, his former publicist said. He was 59.
Pendergrass, known for smash love ballads such as "Turn Off the Lights" and "Love TKO," died after a long illness, according to Lisa Barbaris, who described herself as a close friend and his last publicist.

He died at a hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he was born.
His family did not reveal details about his illness, but said it was related to complications from a 1982 car accident, Barbaris said.
"His beloved family surrounded him. The world has lost one of its greatest voices and performers," a statement from Barbaris said.

"His family is devastated. He has three children and, even though it was expected, it still hurts," she said.
The crooner, who many affectionately knew as just "Teddy," started in music with a group called the Cadillacs in the late 1960s and was still with the group when it merged with Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, according to his official Web site.

He started as a drummer, but soon began to sing lead after the group heard his powerful voice.
In 1972, Pendergrass's baritone could be heard on the classic Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes song "If You Don't Know Me by Now."

The song became a No. 1 hit across the country and led Pendergrass to many other hits and accolades.
After going solo, Pendergrass received several Grammy nominations, Billboard's 1977 Pop Album New Artist Award and an American Music Award for best R&B performer of 1978, Barbaris said.
In 1982, Pendergrass was involved in a car accident that left him paralyzed. But Pendergrass returned to the studio in 1984 in his wheelchair to record an album.

Before his death, Pendergrass was working on a musical documenting his life, called "I Am Who I Am."

Entertainment & Culture Discussion / .....I'm looking for this song.
« on: January 11, 2010, 08:46:24 PM »
...... "Every time ah passin gal, you grindin massala.

Singer was/is 'Killer"

Entertainment & Culture Discussion / Sightseeing Places in Trinidad
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:15:08 AM »
While doing up my itinerary of places to visit, I came across this website which I found was fab for the naturalist/outdoor girly I've become.

For the expats who looking for 'new' places to visit and also those who still want to know your country.


Jokes / Christmas Carols for the Disturbed
« on: December 11, 2009, 09:26:52 AM »

1. Schizophrenia - Do you hear what I hear?

2. Multiple Personality disorder - We three kings Disoriented Are

3. Dementia - I Think I'll be home for christmas

4. Nacissistic - Hark the Herald Angels Sing About me

5. Manic - Deck the halls and walls and house and lawn and streets and stores and office and town and cars and buses and trucks and trees and.....

6. Paranoid - Santa Claus is comnig to town to get me

7. Borderline Personality Disorder - Thoughts of roasting on an open fire

8. Personality Disorder - You better watch out, I'm gonna cry. I'm gonna pout, maybe I'll tell you why

9. Attention Deficit Disorder - Silent night, holy oooh look at the froggy - can I have a chocolate, why is France so far away?

10. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - Jingle bells, jingle bells, Jingle bells, jingle bells, Jingle bells, jingle bells, Jingle bells, jingle bells, Jingle bells, jingle bells, Jingle bells, jingle bells, Jingle bells, jingle bells, Jingle bells, jingle bells, Jingle bells, jingle bells

I want to dead here >:(
Friday, December 04, 2009 <----doh ask :-\,2933,579353,00.html?test=latestnews

A Minnesota band teacher was allegedly caught writing lewd notes and leaving them in middle school girls' lockers, The Smoking Gun reported.

Martin Bartels, 53, is accused of leaving sexually suggestive notes in the lockers of two female students at Buffalo Community Middle School. School officials confronted him in his classroom while he was writing up a third letter, according to The Smoking Gun.

"I really, really, really love your legs ... I like how you show just enough to make me hard," Bartels is alleged to have written in one note. In another, he told the girl that he "gets hot and hard just thinking about" his desire to "trace your thighs with my fingertips and make you squirm."

He was nabbed after school administrators looked at surveillance video that captured the band teacher leaving the writings in the lockers, according to the Web site. The principal remotely accessed Bartels' computer and caught him in the middle of penning the third explicit note, the complaint states.

Bartels, who has taught for 28 years, was charged with disorderly conduct in connection with the letters found by the two seventh-graders, The Smoking Gun said. He currently is on administrative leave. <---- this is why I want to dead  >:(

(CNN) -- Golfer Tiger Woods has been taken to a Florida hospital after suffering serious injuries in a car wreck early Friday, officials said.

The one-car accident occurred about 2:25 a.m. near his home in Windermere, a suburb of Orlando, according to an incident report from the Florida Highway Patrol.

Woods, 33, had just pulled out of his driveway and begun to drive down the street when his Cadillac SUV struck a fire hydrant, the Florida Highway Patrol said.

The front of his vehicle then struck a tree. He has been transported to Health Central Hospital, the statement said.

The crash is under investigation and charges are pending, though it was not clear who could face charges. The accident did not appear to have been alcohol-related, the statement said.

Woods lives in Orange County with his wife, supermodel Elin Nordegren, and two children.

Woods has won 93 tournaments, 71 of those on the PGA Tour, including the 1997, 2001, 2002 and 2005 Masters Tournaments, 1999, 2000, 2006 and 2007 PGA Championships, 2000, 2002, and 2008 U.S. Open Championships, and 2000, 2005 and 2006 Open Championships, according to his official Web site.

General Discussion / Couple crashed Obama's state dinner
« on: November 26, 2009, 09:35:59 AM »
Now if some Trini has the balls to crash ah Commonwealth Heads of Government dinner......  :P

Feds: Couple crashed Obama's state dinner
November 26, 2009 9:17 a.m. EST
Secret Service: Tareq and Michaele Salahi attended state dinner without invitations Michaele Salahi's Facebook page shows pictures of couple with vice president Couple are polo-playing socialites from northern Virginia, Washington Post reports Proper procedures weren't followed at security checkpoint, Secret Service says Washington (CNN) -- Two people without invitations crashed President Obama's first White House state dinner, the U.S. Secret Service said Wednesday.

The Secret Service confirmed a Washington Post report that the couple who crashed Tuesday night's dinner were Tareq and Michaele Salahi. The Post described the couple as polo-playing socialites from northern Virginia.

A Secret Service checkpoint "did not follow proper procedures" to determine if the two were on the guest list for the dinner, said Edwin M. Donovan, a Secret Service special agent, in a statement.

Playing down any security threat, Donovan's statement said: "It is important to note that these individuals went through magnetometers and other levels of security, as did all guests attending the dinner."

The incident represents a security breach for the White House at the Obama administration's biggest social event to date. More than 300 guests, including Cabinet members, diplomats and Hollywood celebrities, attended the dinner in honor of visiting Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

"The Secret Service has tasked our Office of Professional Responsibility with conducting a comprehensive review of the incident," Donovan's statement said.

Video footage of the dinner showed the couple walking past journalists into the event. On Wednesday, Michaele Salahi's Facebook page included photos of the couple at the dinner, including two pictures with Vice President Joe Biden and another with Rahm Emanuel, the White House chief of staff, who was identified on the page as "Ron" Emanuel.

General Discussion / Murder or Suicide?
« on: November 13, 2009, 05:32:02 PM » decide!

General Discussion / SRP ordered to pay $2,800 for stealing cellphone
« on: November 12, 2009, 05:27:59 AM »
Jensen LaVende
Trinidad Express
Thursday, November 12th 2009

A SPECIAL Reserve police officer (SRP) was fined $1,000 and ordered to pay $1,800 in compensation yesterday, after she pled guilty to stealing a cellular phone from a colleague.

Jenelle Winchester, 23, of Lamby Road, Argyle, Tobago, who has four years’ service as an SRP, was arrested at the Police Academy on Monday.

Winchester’s arrest came after Tracy Hernandez, a police trainee, complained that her Motorola cellphone went missing on October 29 at the academy. Winchester was arrested by Cpl Jitindra Toolaram, of the St Clair Police Station, and was granted $25,000 bail at the station on Tuesday night.

Winchester pled guilty to stealing the phone and was represented by defence attorney Patrick Godson-Phillips, who submitted that his client had strayed away from the good moral values she grew up in, causing embarrassment to both herself and her parents.

In her ruling, Magistrate Avason Quinlan said it was ’appropriate’ that Winchester’s behaviour was detected before she became a police officer. She added that the public was spared a person whose character could have deflated the morale of the police force.

Winchester was given one month to pay the fine or will face six months in prison, and one month to pay the compensation or face six weeks’ jail time.

General Discussion / Fort Hood Shooting - TEXAS
« on: November 05, 2009, 04:26:18 PM »

(CNN) -- Eleven people plus a gunman were killed and 31 were wounded after the gunman opened fire at Fort Hood in Texas on Thursday, a Fort Hood spokesman said. The gunman was a soldier, and two other soldiers have been detained as suspects, said the spokesman, Lt. Gen. Bob Cone.

Cone said more than one shooter may have been involved.

President Obama called the shootings "tragic" and "a horrific outburst of violence." He expressed his condolences for the shooting victims.  "These are men and women who have made the selfless and courageous decision to risk, and at times give, their lives to protect the rest of us on a daily basis," Obama said. "It's difficult enough when we lose these brave Americans in battles overseas. It is horrifying that they should come under fire at an Army base on American soil."
Officials at Fort Hood, which is the Army's largest U.S. post, were asking people there to stay away from windows, CNN affiliate KXXV said. The incident took place at the sports dome, now known as the soldier readiness area, the station reported.

A congressional aide said he was on the post to attend a graduation service when he saw a soldier with blood on his uniform near the building where the service was being held, the Austin American-Statesman reported.
Greg Schannep, an aide to U.S. Rep. John Carter, said the soldier ran past him and said a man was shooting. He said the soldier appeared to be injured in a shoulder, the American-Statesman reported.
FBI agents are headed to the scene to assist, said Erik Vasys, spokesman for the FBI office in San Antonio. He had no other details.
On the Fort Hood Web site, the word "closed" is posted with the statement, "Effective immediately, Fort Hood is closed. Organizations/units are instructed to execute a 100 percent accountability of all personnel."
Fort Hood, with about 40,000 troops, is home to the Army's 1st Cavalry Division and elements of the 4th Infantry Division, as well as the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment and the 13th Corps Support Command. It is located near Killeen, Texas.
At least 25,000 people are at Fort Hood on any given day, an Army spokesman at the Pentagon said.
Fort Hood is home to the Warrior Combat Stress Reset Program, which is designed to help soldiers overcome combat stress issues.

In June, Fort Hood's commander, Lt. Gen. Rick Lynch, told CNN that he was trying to ease the kind of stresses soldiers face. He has pushed for soldiers working a day schedule to return home for dinner by 6 p.m., and required his personal authorization for anyone working weekends. At the time, two soldiers stationed there had committed suicide in 2009 -- a rate well below those of other posts.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
1]; } ?>