June 16, 2024, 07:12:18 AM

Author Topic: We Are Missing A Spark In The Team !  (Read 4370 times)

TrinInfinite

We Are Missing A Spark In The Team !
« on: February 04, 2006, 12:32:20 PM »
Judging from the qualifiers and from the practise games, the team to me is missing that spark of genius, talent, a player that will take the World Stage by surprise, take the fans breath away. The only two players who seems to be unknown at the moment is Glenn and Colin Samuel, maybe Shakes.

Will thye be the spark in the team, the surprise player, I have seen Whitley, Grey, Spann, Birchall, Edwards, they are good players who will do well, but they don't have that spark in their game, that gifted spirit to lift we game and cause awws and ohhhs in Germany, maybe they do, but I haven't seen genius as yet.

As Keith Smith alluded to, we may be going to Germany but where is our surprise, our player or players that will inspire the team and make us a force to be reckoned with? Do we have that in the current squad of players, most of the players right now have been seen and have been talked about, of late it has been Kirk and Neeves being talked about, but other than that, no sign of a clear cut, "Dis man over special", he is something tuh watch for in the World Cup and I doubt we don't have a player or players who can do this for the team.

I hope in all honesty we do find that spark in we line-up, like in Brazil with Ronaldhino or Argentina with Crespo, we need this player to take World Cup be surprise and shine. I am not advocating our team aspect, but Brazil and Argentina, Holland play as a team but they have a spark within the team that makes them special. I feel we are lacking this at the moment, I haven't seen anyone overly excited about one player, that is a World Beater or the next superstar, I may be wrong but I haven't heard this sentiment as yet.

I really hope I do hear one of we players or players' rise above the rest and take the World Cup by storm, bc if it doesn't happen before that final cut, Beenhakker needs to keep on looking until he does find that spark to take us where no Caribbean team has gone in the World Cup.

Vibes It Up

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We Are Missing A Spark In The Team !
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 01:32:53 PM »
We've been lacking that special player for a long long time........Latapy was the last.

St Louis at one point looked like he could have been, but faltered

Jemmot -same thing

Dwarika- same thing

Whitley has something a little special, but I still think his touch is a little too unpolished......

Forget this team though, I think this team has done what it can to put us on the map....the real question, is who do we have in the youth pipeline that could be the next "Latapy" for 2010?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 01:46:55 PM »
Forget this team though, I think this team has done what it can to put us on the map....the real question, is who do we have in the youth pipeline that could be the next "Latapy" for 2010?

Runs :  Whitely
Intelligence: Birchall
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 01:57:01 PM »
We've been lacking that special player for a long long time........Latapy was the last.

Jemmot -same thing

Dwarika- same thing

Whitley has something a little special, but I still think his touch is a little too unpolished......

I agree wit yuh fully kicker, that special talent is lacking, but neva say neva,
well its never too late for any player 2 add to the team still, we still have time, god is d boss

vibes it up

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 02:06:12 PM »
no no we need hardest
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 02:20:29 PM »
no no we need hardest

if u really watching the team triniman u would neva make a jackass, sarcastic comment like dat, sometimes people 4get this is a serious ting and not a joke

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 02:39:58 PM »
no no we need hardest

if u really watching the team triniman u would neva make a jackass, sarcastic comment like dat, sometimes people 4get this is a serious ting and not a joke

Look we know  you are sending subliminal  message  in your post . You kool down the direct upfront call for the hardest inclusion in the team and start questoning the inclusion of players  , then going to saying the team lacking a spark

Judging from the qualifiers and from the practise games, the team to me is missing that spark of genius, talent, a player that will take the World Stage by surprise, take the fans breath away

I wonder which player is dat??

"Dis man over special", he is something tuh watch for in the World Cup and I doubt we don't have a player or players who can do this for the team.

oh really

I really hope I do hear one of we players or players' rise above the rest and take the World Cup by storm, bc if it doesn't happen before that final cut, Beenhakker needs to keep on looking until he does find that spark to take us where no Caribbean team has gone in the World Cup.

hmm yes you holding faith keeping  a pray vigil in toronto the "h2%D#5" WILL GET PICKED

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 02:44:47 PM »
no no we need hardest

Look we know you are sending subliminal message in your post . You kool down the direct upfront call for the hardest inclusion in the team and start questoning the inclusion of players , then going to saying the team lacking a spark

Judging from the qualifiers and from the practise games, the team to me is missing that spark of genius, talent, a player that will take the World Stage by surprise, take the fans breath away

I wonder which player is dat??

"Dis man over special", he is something tuh watch for in the World Cup and I doubt we don't have a player or players who can do this for the team.

oh really

hmm yes you holding faith keeping a pray vigil in toronto the "h2%D#5" WILL GET PICKED

it have alot of youths i want to see play for us that i have heard of besides hardest that may add a spark, i dont understand why u against a stronger team? i never said hardest, if it is someone else i would equally happy or happier if they better than hardest, i juss want a spark on the side that will shine in the WC, no subliminal messages or hidden agenda in dat, if it is quavas kirk i will b a very happy man, if it is neeves i will b a happy man, whoever it is, wee need that spark, and i not only referring to hardest, i referring to every player.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 02:45:50 PM »
Another barely concealed "hardest" thread.  Yu eh tired?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 02:51:41 PM »
Another barely concealed "hardest" thread. Yu eh tired?

whos our standout player palos?

and why does everything i suggest have tuh relate to hardest? if u dont think we missin a spark from the team, i have tuh ask yuh what games have u been watching?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 03:05:51 PM »

and why does everything i suggest have tuh relate to hardest? if u dont think we missin a spark from the team, i have tuh ask yuh what games have u been watching?

Is ok padnah. Take win.  I eh feedin yuh obsession no more.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

TrinInfinite

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 03:12:33 PM »

Is ok padnah. Take win. I eh feedin yuh obsession no more.

my obsession? u mean my obsession tuh see our team do better, yea breds, sorry for being more patriotic than urself  :o

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2006, 08:35:00 PM »

Yeah Triniinfinite I get yuh point. Is true we need a man that have that spark in his game flame in his eyes. Sometimes like we does wait for a man to lift his game and then we all start to perform, or that man lift his game and everybody else struggling, especially in the Midfield. The minute a man off is like bad news . In the Defence, I think Dog and tallest, avery, and spann, is heart players, they will give blood, sweat and tears for the RED WHITE AND BLACK. I understand we need that player badly whoever it is. I hope that inclusion will be there for the World Cup.We missing a man with that spark in the midfield, one who quick and lethal on the ball could carry it to the defence crack if he have space, deliver precise passes for Stern because we all know that Stern is a good player but he does not like to run ball, you hadda put it on he feet.
   I totally agree.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2006, 08:58:32 PM »
i hear yuh TI, although doh blame the other men  for the  hardest references...but in real, b4 latapy came back, it was plain as day that we was jus an ordinasry bunch of good players...you right to point out that (God forbid) something happen to latapy b4 or during the wc, then is best we pack we bags (or stack we defence), cuz that substitute player with a 'spark' is not there.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2006, 09:08:00 PM »
even if latapy there i sure the situation will come wen leo will bench latas to strengthen the midfield. latapy cant chase bak and yorke is old although he holdin it up. so u might see spann birchall whitley and yorke in the middle with 2 strikers, so the spark wont be there but we will be solid. greece won the euro cup and they dont even kno wat a spark look like. modern football is about hard work if u can get that spark its a bonus specially for a small island of 1.3 million, but let us hope for the future ;)

TrinInfinite

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2006, 09:15:25 PM »
even if latapy there i sure the situation will come wen leo will bench latas to strengthen the midfield. latapy cant chase bak and yorke is old although he holdin it up. so u might see spann birchall whitley and yorke in the middle with 2 strikers, so the spark wont be there but we will be solid. greece won the euro cup and they dont even kno wat a spark look like. modern football is about hard work if u can get that spark its a bonus specially for a small island of 1.3 million, but let us hope for the future ;)

pioneer i agree wit u, and greece ent have no spark, but greece not in the world cup either and when dey face teams like argentina and brazil, truss meh, dey will get light up from plenty brazillian and argentinian sparks

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2006, 09:20:54 PM »
yeh boi brazilians born wid spark. imagine friggin centre backs scorin bycle kick in worl cup  :o

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 10:02:12 PM »
The man with the sparks is Cornel Glen. That is the man to change things up. When we played the US at home (and the dead brain coach had us chasing the ball around the field in the hot sun, making we more tired than the damn USA), he came on and  take the US on 1v1 which we should have done from the start, but it was to late. CORNEL GLEN, is the man.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2006, 10:17:51 PM »
glenn i tink can make an impact later on in a game, good player to have on the squad. i just hope he can  get playin regular football and be consistant, remember he not in the startin 11 so he go have tuh work rel hard, if he gets his chance in the wc he would hav had to earn it. personally i dunno about spark wid he, but i wanna see him play against iceland wether dat will happen is ah nex ting.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2006, 11:35:36 PM »
I kept saying this since de Bahrain games, dat beside de players dat dus get ah regular sweat, ah still feel dat with Glenn speed, he will be de surprise and extra spark fuh we. Ah remember when Leo call on him in de gold cup  in Miami, de man score ah wicked header.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2006, 01:50:44 PM »
i tink hardest could have he own forum boi  ;D

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2006, 04:07:15 PM »
I eh see Hardest play, so I cah talk.

But for a while now it's been bothering me, that this team is so lacking in the flair of the 90s squad.

I couldn't help but ponder if we had had Bennie then, what he could have done:

A young Dwight Yorke, a latas in his prime, supplemented by the speed and skill of a Leonson Lewis and Marcelle...backed up by Faustin, Hutson Charles, Bobmer and Lord help us - the Dread Medusa - Brian Williams.

This squad obviously plays better as a team, but if men like JUghead, Anton Thomas and Alvin Boission were around today, they would prob make this squad no problem.

Carlos works well on the right but his crosses are a joke.

Whitley look the man who could change teh course of the game...

Latas? We doh even know if he go start.

Spann is a man I like, but if he in the back, his contribution up front is limited.

We need somebody who go bamboozle them men and could slice a defense in half...

Oh well..at least Beenie holding camps. Too bad Bucad eh get a look see.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2006, 06:16:19 PM »
dis gehin ole
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2006, 06:42:16 PM »

Jemmot -same thing

Dwarika- same thing

Boy I agree with you fully. Especially the last comment ! This team has done what it can to put us on the map. Honestly this team is very weak. We have had better teams in the country which did not qualify for the WC so this team has achieved.
We are  so caught up in the euphoria of being in the WC that we are exceeding our realities  this time around. My view is that this team can be used to motivate those who will come later to achieve. The strike squad was used in this manner and quite a few of the present lot were motivated by the SQ.
If we are looking to great results in this WC to motivate our youth then we would have missed the opportunity which now exists to piggy back on the team´s present status as WC finalists.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2006, 06:46:08 PM »

Jemmot -same thing

Dwarika- same thing

Boy I agree with you fully. Especially the last comment ! This team has done what it can to put us on the map. Honestly this team is very weak. We have had better teams in the country which did not qualify for the WC so this team has achieved.
We are so caught up in the euphoria of being in the WC that we are exceeding our realities this time around. My view is that this team can be used to motivate those who will come later to achieve. The strike squad was used in this manner and quite a few of the present lot were motivated by the SQ.
If we are looking to great results in this WC to motivate our youth then we would have missed the opportunity which now exists to piggy back on the team´s present status as WC finalists.

very good point, people fail to realize we dont have a superstar team, wit man shinin for the top clubs, maybe when yorke and latas was younger we could conclude dis

1]; } ?>