June 15, 2024, 11:43:44 PM

Author Topic: Everyone’s a winner as Shakes reports for duty  (Read 3884 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Everyone’s a winner as Shakes reports for duty
« on: February 28, 2006, 06:57:49 AM »
Everyone’s a winner as Shakes reports for duty.
Swindon Town FC.

Ricky Shakes is confident Swindon Town can benefit from his international adventure as he prepares for dreams to come true at Loftus Road tonight, writes JON RITSON.
The youngster will put on the Trinidad and Tobago shirt this evening as the World Cup qualifiers take on Iceland in their first friendly since booking their ticket to Germany last November.
While the rest of his County Ground colleagues were left to lick their wounds after Saturday’s 7-1 demolition at Nottingham Forest, Shakes reported for duty with his country on Sunday afternoon.
Two training sessions, a big press conference and a chat or two with Dwight Yorke later, Shakes is ready for action.
He said: “Just to be involved is fantastic and to pull on my country’s shirt will feel amazing. It really is a dream come true, especially to get an opportunity at such a young age.
“I’ve enjoyed it so far and you hope that you can learn from the players you are working with and the coaches as well. I’ve already had a couple of chats with Dwight Yorke and Stern John.
“You want to become a better player and to hopefully take things back with you to your club. Saturday (the 7-1 defeat) was not good but I think it helped me to be able to focus on this straight away.
“Then when I come back it will be all about looking to the next match and performing well.”
However much action Shakes is handed this evening, he intends to relish every moment, hopefully in a terrific atmosphere.
It is Carnival Tuesday back in Trinidad and all the indications are that the Trinidad and Tobago fans making the trip to Loftus Road will create quite an atmosphere.
That crowd will include at least 20 friends and family with numerous others having forked out to see Shakes perform.
A few Town faces could also be among the spectators to cheer on their friend and teammate.
And although there may be a carnival atmosphere at the ground and also back in Trinidad, the first team meeting brought a clear message from coach Leo Beenhakker – we’re not going to Germany just for a party.
Shakes said: “We’re not going to the World Cup as tourists and this Iceland match is a first chance to show people why we qualified. Hopefully we can start the preparations with a good result.”
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 07:17:24 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone’s a winner as Shakes reports for duty
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 07:40:48 AM »
welcome home son......and i doh bite easy.....all the best kid....go tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 08:00:41 AM »
welcome home son......and i doh bite easy.....all the best kid....go tnt

ah suprise yuh eh vex wid shakes
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 08:10:34 AM »
shakes was here last year training with the u-20 team....i am not a fool breds....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 09:58:53 AM »
what position does shakes play?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 10:06:54 AM »
what position does shakes play?

in carol position
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 04:16:27 PM »
he ain't help heself at all in that game today boy sorry fella but you will be lucky to get a second chance.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 04:22:37 PM »
he ain't help heself at all in that game today boy sorry fella but you will be lucky to get a second chance.

but this is his first international
shakes  neaves and  spann have a  good game either

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 04:24:35 PM »

ah hear yuh dey but I remember reading about this being a player with pace fuh he club but me ain't see him try to use it in the couple one on one's he get but say wah.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 04:29:31 PM »
to get answer on these guys shakes neaves henry and noreiga need to start .But ah tell yuh we need  zamora and at least jlloyd. samuel is good on the left.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 04:30:49 PM »

I cyah agree with that at all. Actually my comprehension skills lil lacking. What exactly you saying there.They didn't have a bad game but they ain't really show up.

Edit:
If Spann had a scout watching him the scout probably ambivalent. He had lil spurts, like the 1-2 with shakes (I think) but he didn't stand out.

to get answer on these guys shakes neaves henry and noreiga need to start .But ah tell yuh we need  zamora and at least jlloyd. samuel is good on the left.

Let we give zamora a rest na.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 04:36:28 PM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 04:33:58 PM »

I cyah agree with that at all. They didn't have a bad game but they ain't really show up.

true true well the next game will give leo answer .josh johnson should get a game also and maybe marcano and forbes . The ttff should arranger a few friendlies in between.  1 against jamaica and 1 agaist the USA.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 04:35:11 PM »

I cyah agree with that at all. They didn't have a bad game but they ain't really show up

Let we give zamora a rest na.

NAW NOT UNTILE FIFA BLANk HIM FUH GOOD. STERN SHOULD AH HUSTLE A BUT MORE TO SCORE THAT TAP IN
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 05:03:01 PM by triniman »

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 04:38:24 PM »
I agree. But stern will be Stern. The man does have he quota of misses before he score. Let him rack them up now. Hopefully he will be on his peak during the cup. When the man in form we all know what he capable of.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 04:43:17 PM »
I agree. But stern will be Stern. The man does have he quota of misses before he score. Let him rack them up now. Hopefully he will be on his peak during the cup. When the man in form we all know what he capable of.

oh well he better but lord clear cut chance. Spann shakes and neaves  had a bad game well neaves came in late. samuel on the left hands down.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 04:55:17 PM »
That was the same player that Anton Corneal drop with the under 20!!  ::) Look how the man do he thing today in the game. Go shakes :beermug:

shakes had a poor games so did spann and neaves latapy was in and out of the second half.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 05:23:39 PM »
The man who look Shakey is the goal keeper. i will be surprised if his club take him back after tonights showing. in all fairness he wears his uniform well but he has extreme difficulty with the goal keeping  part.
Shaka, Ince, Jack....   thats how i see them... that other dude fighting with jan williams maybe.

Michael MC Commie better than dat dude.....
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 05:29:23 PM »
The man who look Shakey is the goal keeper. i will be surprised if his club take him back after tonights showing. in all fairness he wears his uniform well but he has extreme difficulty with the goal keeping  part.
Shaka, Ince, Jack....   thats how i see them... that other dude fighting with jan williams maybe.

Ince, Jack and McCommie should be playing in the EPL then

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2006, 05:31:14 PM »

Ince, Jack and McCommie should be playing in the EPL then

tell them arrow the backline and the keeper eh get tested the whole second half was messy

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2006, 05:08:17 AM »

Nah, we couldn't have been at the same game. Tony Warner had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do in the 2nd half. If you base him being Sh^# from the game in which Fulham played Bolton and he got two soft goals, including one through his legs at his near post, ok, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to say he's rubbish based on that Iceland second half.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2006, 09:05:33 AM »
I only saw the 2nd half...The players some ppl say didn;t show up, Shakes & Spann.. I don't really follow, did ppl expect them to beat dey man everytime they touch the ball, or score some goals or wha ? What did you expect to see ? Did they recieve many, if any passes in space, which they could run on too, or did they recieve ball to foot, and was busy trying to find or look for their team-mates...I saw the latter...
and did they easily give up the ball, or made in accurate passes, each time they had out-right possession...
Look ah know ah couple of ppl play at that level before (Snr Intl), let them, tell yuh what it's like...who stood out ? Yorke..why cause he was crackin passes for ppl in spaces...yet did he get the oppurtunity to lay Shakes up...who was easing up Spann, I think they all had good games...

Don't get me wrong, i don't see Shakes as a replacement for Edwards, but to say he shouldn't be dey...he seemed to me a strong option orf the bench, based only on his hustle..and effort....and with Whitley and Yorke in the middle, Spann is the strongest option for any of those positions, before Birchall  or Latas...

I was less impressed with our inabaility to generate a definite build up to finish as a team, than with any individual... Remember, I didn't see the 1st half...using Iceland as an eg. they generated 3-5 shots to our hope somebody touch it... The only decent shot on goal I saw was in the highlights of the 1st half, Dwight goal...we were unpenetrative as a team...but to say it is due to the lacjking of any idividual...no..BeenE prob. still working on the control of the game, especially from the back, and I think this demonstrated well...but I think trying to feed our solitary forwards in the air, back to goal, should only be done as a emergency clearance, and that includes goalie kickouts.. 

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2006, 09:06:42 AM »
I was looking at his body movement. He never really looked comfortable on the ball and yes the little he saw of it. True enough he is playing in the epl and it may have been a bit of stage frite but the lad aint kick , hold or pass out the ball to my liking as yet. As far as Im concerned the jury is still out on Warner.  I may be wrong but we will see. He probably could real fly and thats why he in the outfit but to me he move and field de ball like meh cousin Biff or is his name buff.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2006, 12:52:14 PM »
spann had an ok game.  shakes didnt play too bad either.  U guys have to consider the fact the shakes was making his debut and that he is only 20 years old.

The man that didnt impress me was tony Warner, but i still think he deserves another chance, cause he too was probably suffering from a bit of nerves.

right now, warner and jack looking at de same level, lol

ah love it!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 12:54:57 PM »

I cyah agree with that at all. They didn't have a bad game but they ain't really show up.

true true well the next game will give leo answer .josh johnson should get a game also and maybe marcano and forbes . The ttff should arranger a few friendlies in between.  1 against jamaica and 1 agaist the USA.

In London ;D

1]; } ?>